Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neil Lennon for Ireland job?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neil Lennon for Ireland job?
    Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:21am
I would rather a more experienced proven manager preferably a foreigner but if I had to take a bit of a gamble on a lower budget manager I think Lennon would get my choice.  He has shown to be technically astute in the Champions League which is the most technically advanced and best competition in football and gets the players punching above their weight. Granted Celtic Park's atmosphere is probably a factor but he has set them up well away from home too notably against Barca- arguably the best club side in history.  He is obviously fiercely nationalistic and passionate and I think he could do a good job for us.I think he may do another season at Celtic after this one maybe two but he will surely recognise that this season could be as far as he can take them and expectations on another relatively successful Champions League group phase will be high and he may want to leave on a high note.  I think he could be persuaded to manage us too and I dont think he would demand traps money.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:24am
Too obvious Trap LOL 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:28am
Doubt he would leave Celtic, and would be sure there would be other clubs looking at him if he did decide to leave for some reason, but all that said, we could (and possibly will) do a lot worse than him. Would have no objections meself, but don't see it as likely to happen. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:08am

When you look at the type of manager we would probably attract, (Coyle, McCarthy, Curbs, Hughton) then I would certainly have Lennon up there with them and wouldn't be against it at all.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:00pm
Id have Michael O'Neill ahead of Lennon.
Rovers only lost 2-0 at home to Juve.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:02pm

Do people seriously think the Irish job is bigger or better paid than the Celtic one?

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOL

Big difference between that Juve side and the one Celtic played last night though
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:26pm
Definitely a bigger job..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

LOL

Big difference between that Juve side and the one Celtic played last night though

you played in Tallaght didn't you Del Piero?

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:34pm
I would prefer if the next manager wasn't a foreigner, we've all heard about Traps communication problems

Jimmy McGuinness would be a better option

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Feb 2013 at 12:35pm
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

you played in Tallaght didn't you Del Piero?

Came on for the final 10 minutes. Luigi (del Neri) didn't think I was good enough to start and I wanted to prove him wrong by scoring. Almost got one, but fairly sickened him with that free kick in turin Cool
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:42pm
You got a great reception in the Tallagt Superdome. Can you tell us how that felt?

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:19pm
Well I've played in bigger stadia, with bigger crowds, have had tifo's made in my honour, and crowds baying for my blood. But what I experienced that evening was different. It was unique, humbling, and momentarily I had to remind myself that there was a job to be done. Little did I know I would be getting that reception more frequently as my time in Torino and with Juventus was coming to an end.

On the field, inside that green rectangle, the highest expression of myself is an animalistic energy, the adrenaline. You must be able to be physical to be the best, it is my obsession. That reception only inspired me to to perform to my best in Tallaght, and the return fixture in Torino.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:26pm

Well I've played in bigger stadia, with bigger crowds, have had tifo's made in my honour, and crowds baying for my blood. But what I experienced that evening was different. It was unique, humbling, and momentarily I had to remind myself that there was a job to be done. Little did I know I would be getting that reception more frequently as my time in Torino and with Juventus was coming to an end.

On the field, inside that green rectangle, the highest expression of myself is an animalistic energy, the adrenaline. You must be able to be physical to be the best, it is my obsession. That reception only inspired me to to perform to my best in Tallaght, and the return fixture in Torino.
Was the return leg not in Modena, great one?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Was the return leg not in Modena, great one?

My old age is catching up on me Embarrassed Stadio Braglia is not unlike the Olimpico

It was a terrible evening for football, that I do remember
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:04pm
Lenny's a candidate whenever he becomes available along with a half dozen other realistic contenders.  I would love if he did get it for the angry Nordy type fury from the Celtic haters on here. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:52pm
Pretty sure OWC would go into meltdown if Lennon got the job too
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:59pm
Please god, no
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic