Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43152
Printed Date: 21 May 2024 at 11:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Neil Lennon for Ireland job?
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Neil Lennon for Ireland job?
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:21am
I would rather a more experienced proven manager preferably a foreigner but if I had to take a bit of a gamble on a lower budget manager I think Lennon would get my choice.  He has shown to be technically astute in the Champions League which is the most technically advanced and best competition in football and gets the players punching above their weight. Granted Celtic Park's atmosphere is probably a factor but he has set them up well away from home too notably against Barca- arguably the best club side in history.  He is obviously fiercely nationalistic and passionate and I think he could do a good job for us.I think he may do another season at Celtic after this one maybe two but he will surely recognise that this season could be as far as he can take them and expectations on another relatively successful Champions League group phase will be high and he may want to leave on a high note.  I think he could be persuaded to manage us too and I dont think he would demand traps money.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:24am
Too obvious Trap LOL 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:28am
Doubt he would leave Celtic, and would be sure there would be other clubs looking at him if he did decide to leave for some reason, but all that said, we could (and possibly will) do a lot worse than him. Would have no objections meself, but don't see it as likely to happen. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:08am

When you look at the type of manager we would probably attract, (Coyle, McCarthy, Curbs, Hughton) then I would certainly have Lennon up there with them and wouldn't be against it at all.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:00pm
Id have Michael O'Neill ahead of Lennon.
Rovers only lost 2-0 at home to Juve.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:02pm

Do people seriously think the Irish job is bigger or better paid than the Celtic one?

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOL

Big difference between that Juve side and the one Celtic played last night though

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:26pm
Definitely a bigger job..

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

LOL

Big difference between that Juve side and the one Celtic played last night though

you played in Tallaght didn't you Del Piero?

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:34pm
I would prefer if the next manager wasn't a foreigner, we've all heard about Traps communication problems

Jimmy McGuinness would be a better option

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

you played in Tallaght didn't you Del Piero?

Came on for the final 10 minutes. Luigi (del Neri) didn't think I was good enough to start and I wanted to prove him wrong by scoring. Almost got one, but fairly sickened him with that free kick in turin Cool

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:42pm
You got a great reception in the Tallagt Superdome. Can you tell us how that felt?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:19pm
Well I've played in bigger stadia, with bigger crowds, have had tifo's made in my honour, and crowds baying for my blood. But what I experienced that evening was different. It was unique, humbling, and momentarily I had to remind myself that there was a job to be done. Little did I know I would be getting that reception more frequently as my time in Torino and with Juventus was coming to an end.

On the field, inside that green rectangle, the highest expression of myself is an animalistic energy, the adrenaline. You must be able to be physical to be the best, it is my obsession. That reception only inspired me to to perform to my best in Tallaght, and the return fixture in Torino.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:26pm

Well I've played in bigger stadia, with bigger crowds, have had tifo's made in my honour, and crowds baying for my blood. But what I experienced that evening was different. It was unique, humbling, and momentarily I had to remind myself that there was a job to be done. Little did I know I would be getting that reception more frequently as my time in Torino and with Juventus was coming to an end.

On the field, inside that green rectangle, the highest expression of myself is an animalistic energy, the adrenaline. You must be able to be physical to be the best, it is my obsession. That reception only inspired me to to perform to my best in Tallaght, and the return fixture in Torino.
Was the return leg not in Modena, great one?

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Was the return leg not in Modena, great one?

My old age is catching up on me Embarrassed Stadio Braglia is not unlike the Olimpico

It was a terrible evening for football, that I do remember

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:04pm
Lenny's a candidate whenever he becomes available along with a half dozen other realistic contenders.  I would love if he did get it for the angry Nordy type fury from the Celtic haters on here. LOL

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:52pm
Pretty sure OWC would go into meltdown if Lennon got the job too

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: liam_in_germany
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:59pm
Please god, no

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

would be worth it for that aloneLOL

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:29pm

I would rather a more experienced proven manager preferably a foreigner but if I had to take a bit of a gamble on a lower budget manager I think Lennon would get my choice.  He has shown to be technically astute in the Champions League which is the most technically advanced and best competition in football and gets the players punching above their weight. Granted Celtic Park's atmosphere is probably a factor but he has set them up well away from home too notably against Barca- arguably the best club side in history.  He is obviously fiercely nationalistic and passionate and I think he could do a good job for us.I think he may do another season at Celtic after this one maybe two but he will surely recognise that this season could be as far as he can take them and expectations on another relatively successful Champions League group phase will be high and he may want to leave on a high note.  I think he could be persuaded to manage us too and I dont think he would demand traps money.

thought you would be a Lenin cheerleader ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

thought you would be a Lenin cheerleader ?

Yes Neil Lenin is a bad ass motha who wouldnt take no crap off of nobody.  Hail Lenin. He would bring the communist work ethic to Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:38pm

My old age is catching up on me Embarrassed Stadio Braglia is not unlike the Olimpico

It was a terrible evening for football, that I do remember

That rain was biblical alright.

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:21pm
Lennon for the Ireland job...dont think he ready for a retirement job yet..!

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 1:25am
doubt this would ever happen in the near future but his willingness to try out different formations and styles of play with celtic (4-3-3, 4-4-2 lopsided, 3 at the back, etc) leads me to believe he could find a good dynamic for our new generation 

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:26am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

ClapClapClapClapClap LOL

Lennon for manager!!! Thumbs Up

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 1:11pm
The way i look at it he is already managing the Ireland club side so just a small step up really. Thumbs Up

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:28pm

fiercely patriotic... He will be staying where he is so if he wants that... Rather than the ole ole ole show

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:44pm
no thanks

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The way i look at it he is already managing the Ireland club side so just a small step up really. Thumbs Up
This. How anyone can support Ireland and not want a true Celtic man in charge of Ireland is beyond me

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:53pm
Charlton and McCarthy did good jobs so why not get another Brit.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:54pm
FFs lads put the rods away, the only bite you are getting is jinky 'the Celtic fan even Celtic fans are embarassed by' and he is probably one of your fake profiles

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Lenny's a candidate whenever he becomes available along with a half dozen other realistic contenders.  I would love if he did get it for the angry Nordy type fury from the Celtic haters on here. LOL
+1
I think he'd be decent and I'd also find the outrage from the usual suspects on here very entertaining!

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 10:06pm
Not a terrible choice but not for me! He has got some great results in the CL but even Stan could win the SPL with Celtic!

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:09am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

This. How anyone can support Ireland and not want a true Celtic man in charge of Ireland is beyond me
that's your free state anglo-kraut Irish for ya

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:14am

a brit like Paul mcgrath perhaps...a legalized junkie who would be in tune with his barstool fans

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

a brit like Paul mcgrath perhaps...a legalized junkie who would be in tune with his barstool fans

Classy

-------------

Posted By: trappedfor2long
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 2:55am
harry rednapp is available in may and he could bring odenwingie , if were going brit

-------------
i was gonna procrastinate but now i'm gonna leave it till tomorrow

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net