You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 11:07pm
You will see it on Twitter too they routinely call Collins the best prospect to come out there academy in a long time. The lads very exciting hopefully he can stay fit and keep getting his games. 

Stoke making real nice progress if they keep it up they will challenge for the Championship next year I think.

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Dec 2020 at 11:08pm
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:12pm
Looks like Burnley are going to beat Arsenal for his signature for £10m going by the rumours going around tonight.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Looks like Burnley are going to beat Arsenal for his signature for £10m going by the rumours going around tonight.

Really don't want him to move to Burnley. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:42pm
I wouldn't have a problem with him going to Burnley necessarily. Would be much less of an issue than Knight going there anyway. He would be signed as a direct replacement for Tarkowski and would get games ahead of Long and Dunne.

Would be a phenomenal bit of business from Burnley if they landed both Knight and Collins for around 15 million for the two this month. Would likely sell them both on for multiples of that in a few years time - easily two of the best talents to come out of this country in the last 20 years.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I wouldn't have a problem with him going to Burnley necessarily. Would be much less of an issue than Knight going there anyway. He would be signed as a direct replacement for Tarkowski and would get games ahead of Long and Dunne.

Would be a phenomenal bit of business from Burnley if they landed both Knight and Collins for around 15 million for the two this month. Would likely sell them both on for multiples of that in a few years time - easily two of the best talents to come out of this country in the last 20 years.

It's the displacement of Dunne that bothers me. Collins is a great prospect and Burnley would be good for his development. Would just like to see him move to a club with fewer Irish centre halves!! 

Edited by 50%lesssugar&salt - 23 Jan 2021 at 11:54pm
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:50pm

SD would be a good influence. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:16am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

It's the displacement of Dunne that bothers me. Collins is a great prospect and Burnley would be good for his development. Would just like to see him move to a club with fewer Irish centre halves!! 

Fair enough, I fear Dunne might be a shade off Premier League standard personally. His loan moves have been hit and miss. Linked with a loan to Preston tonight which would be his highest level loan to date, would tell us a lot more about him if he got four months as a regular in a top half Championship team.
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:34am
When I've seen him for the u21s I think he's looked quite silky on the ball while making some really basic defensive errors so working with Burnley could help him become more solid
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:55am

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Fair enough, I fear Dunne might be a shade off Premier League standard personally. His loan moves have been hit and miss. Linked with a loan to Preston tonight which would be his highest level loan to date, would tell us a lot more about him if he got four months as a regular in a top half Championship team.

A loan move to Preston would seem ideal. I know he and Joey Barton didn't see eye to eye. Have seen very little of him play but was very impressed with how articulate and self aware he was in the interview he did with Off the Ball last Autumn. He came across as the type of fella you would like to see do well. 
Collins one would hope will end up playing regularly at champions league   level.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:24am

I’m not sure Arsenal are actually interested 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:32am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Irish players signed by non-British managers are quite a collectors item over the last 20 odd years of gradually increasing numbers of foreign managers in British football.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:00pm
If he goes to Burnley and they involved in a relegation scrap surely that’s a risk? 
Arsenal big club would be another Irish player at a big club great but Arsenal is an absolute Venus flytrap for defenders.

I’d like the Burnley move for Collins don’t get me wrong would actually be great but predicated on them staying up this year.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
Seems That Burnley have been linked to only Irish players in this window for some reason , or so it seems 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Seems That Burnley have been linked to only Irish players in this window for some reason , or so it seems 

Sadly only for Sean Dyce and players going up with promoted teams we would have very few players in the premier league. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm

Who wouldn’t want players coached by Stephen Kenny.

Edited by King_Kenny - 24 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Well their manager is ginger and called Sean....
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Irish players signed by non-British managers are quite a collectors item over the last 20 odd years of gradually increasing numbers of foreign managers in British football.

English football.  No such thing as British football 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

English football.  No such thing as British football 
You talk some awful crap 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 97>
  Share Topic