Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56934
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Nathan Collins
Posted By: grannyrule
Subject: Nathan Collins
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 7:50pm
Young Irish centre-half on the Stoke bench tonight away to Swansea. Not 18 until the end of the month. 

-------------
The only way is up

Replies:
Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm
Irish born?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Young Irish centrehalf appears on the Stoke bench tonight away to Swansea. Not 18 until the end of the month. 
Is he a ghost or what?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Irish born?

Unusually yes, and not even in the Obafemi way

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm

Irish born?

Yes. Joined from Cherry Orchard two years ago.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Irish born?

Did he come from an egg then?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Dr. Pat
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:03pm
He was great in the u-17s last year for us. Reads the game well and is very composed in possession. Brilliant for him to be involved tonight.

-------------
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm

Irish born?

Hon the Orchard Clap

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:14pm
Comes on as a sub on 64 mins to make his debut. ClapStoke have had 2 players sent off.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Irish born?

Hon the Orchard Clap
AngryAngryAngry

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:51pm
Leixlip born and bred. Great pedigree and nice lad. His dad played for Liverpool  his uncle Eamonn was youngest player to play pro football at 14 with Blackpool for many years, his other uncle Mick is Man City scout and his bro Josh another great lad is centre half with UCD. Has a sister who pretty good as well and another brother who only 6 but ???

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:55pm
Yeah I know Mick and Eamonn.

Eamonn’s record will never be beaten as you have to be 16 now.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Irish born?

Did he come from an egg then?

Size of Obafemi's head, his mum must've suffered some. 

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:03pm
Eamonns record I'm pretty sure was beaten but doesn't really matter. Nathan super centre half with great honest attitude

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Irish born?

Hon the Orchard Clap
AngryAngryAngry
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:34pm
Great club The Orchard but unfortunately I'm not sure what's gonna happen to their schoolboy section with new LOI underage. I'm still sceptical about LOI underage change !!!!

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Leixlip born and bred. Great pedigree and nice lad. His dad played for Liverpool  his uncle Eamonn was youngest player to play pro football at 14 with Blackpool for many years, his other uncle Mick is Man City scout and his bro Josh another great lad is centre half with UCD. Has a sister who pretty good as well and another brother who only 6 but ???

Certainly comes from a footballing family (JD bingo, I know) any way. Fantastic achievement for him, not often that a CB gets a debut so young.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:27pm
Gets his first start today for Stoke away to Middlesbrough. 

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: gally
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm
Read through Stokes Citys Oatcake matchday thread, everyone stated that he had a terrific game, looks assured, turns 18 in a few days, Stoke according to their posters played a 3-5-2 formation, presumably Nathan played left side of the 3.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:03pm
Said this before he's a top lad with top attitude and will make it to top level. Way ahead of Masterson even now.

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:12pm
Being linked with Man United today.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:14am
Looking like a done deal to Man U alright. Stoke will be looking for a ridiculous fee for a player with 2 and half championship games to his back.

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:03am
I hope  his sake it's not a big move too early though knowing him and his dad they know the game and can handle the limelight unlike another Dad i mentioned about on another thread :) Davy his Dad has been around and in the game a long time and he will do what's right for his son not just best ££££££s he can get for him.

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:45am
Sign and go back out on loan would be a more realistic option.

-------------

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:21am
You'd imagine he'd sign and then stay on loan at Stoke and continue to play. 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:26am
It would make no sense for United to throw him straight into the first team squad when he can develop his game elsewhere, with much less pressure on him.

So I fully expect him to be vice captain behind Ashley Young next season.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:55am

I hope  his sake it's not a big move too early though knowing him and his dad they know the game and can handle the limelight unlike another Dad i mentioned about on another thread :) Davy his Dad has been around and in the game a long time and he will do what's right for his son not just best ££££££s he can get for him.
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 11:22pm
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4284300/werder-bremen-ireland-man-utd-nathan-collins/amp/?__twitter_impression=true" rel="nofollow - https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4284300/werder-bremen-ireland-man-utd-nathan-collins/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Werder Bremen have enquired about taking him on a loan with a view to buying. Another German club & Man United also interested.

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 7:54am
United and Bremen would just stick him in their youth side. He needs to be playing senior football in order to improve; he looks ready. A loan move to League 1/Scottish Premiership might be the best outcome. Even at Stoke he has Shawcross, Batth, Cameron, Martins Indi, and new signing Lindsay blocking his path to the first team.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:34am
Report on the independent website that United will have to pay £20m to get him

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Report on the independent website that United will have to pay £20m to get him

And they're supposedly willing to pay £8m. 

Both are absolutely absurd figures for a young lad who has played a handful of senior games - decent talent that he is.

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:54pm
Would think he would be better off where he is. Going by the manager he should see a lot more game time this year

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:19pm
Extends contract

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-nathan-collins-contract-3140650" rel="nofollow - https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-nathan-collins-contract-3140650

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 5:02pm
Shawcross looks to be out of the season. Hopefully Collins gets some game time.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 7:18pm
https://youtu.be/xIQYVoylFWw" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/xIQYVoylFWw

Highlights of his debut. Looks a great player for 18.

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:13pm
starts today v QPR. McClean in at left back with ryan manning playing there for the hoops.  

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:30pm
Anyone have a list of Irish players in the championship this year, team by team

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:39pm
Birmingham 

Crowley mid

Ryan Burke left back

Corey O’Keeffe full back/winger

Blackburn

Derek Williams LB

Darragh Lenihan CB

Brentford 

Chiedozie Ogbenewinger

Tom field LB

Bristol City

Callum odowda

Rene gilmartin GK

Cardiff City

Greg Cunningham LB

Brian Murphy GK

Aaron Bolger Def mid 

Derby county

Richard Keogh

Jason Knight Mid 

Fulham

Cryrus Christie 

Hull city

Sean McLaughlin Df

Luton town 

Glen rea Def

James Collins CF

Alan Sheenan def

Middlesbrough 

Darren Randolph 

Millwall

Shaun Williams Mid

Alex Pearce def

Jason molumby Mid

Aiden O’Brien ST

Preston

Alan Browne MID

Joe Rafferty RB

Sean McGuire ST

Adam O’Reilly  mid

QPR

Ryan manning Mid

Olamide Shodipo LW

Conor masterson DEF

Reading

Josh Barrett Right wing

Sheffield Wednesday 

Kieran Westwood GK

Stoke

James McLean

Nathan Collins DEF

WBA

Dara O’Shea DEF

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:40pm
Few missing off it like pilkington and two from Leeds.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Anyone have a list of Irish players in the championship this year, team by team
All here:  http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/CompetitionDetails" rel="nofollow - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/CompetitionDetails
Select championship from the drop down box

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:18pm
https://streamja.com/7gmp" rel="nofollow - https://streamja.com/7gmp

Stoke already 1-0 down. Mostly caused from terrible goal keeping but Collins getting tested early 

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 1:47am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

https://streamja.com/7gmp" rel="nofollow - https://streamja.com/7gmp

Stoke already 1-0 down. Mostly caused from terrible goal keeping but Collins getting tested early 

Wtf was the keeper up to?

Collins did ok in player ratings  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-qpr-player-ratings-3170230.amp" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-qpr-player-ratings-3170230.amp

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:02am
Looked on twitter for Stoke fans reactions. They all thought Nathan was their best player and a real leader on the pitch. Hopefully he gets a call up soon.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
Captains Stoke tonight in the League Cup.

Great achievement.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:58pm
Scores

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:26pm
If he was English born, would there be a clamour for McCarthy to play him next game?

Most unusual for a player so young and with just half dozen appearances to be made captain.
Nathan Jones doesn't to things in halves.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:42pm
There's plenty of clamour around him already. Sure wasn't he being linked with United during the summer.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:44pm
Collins not claiming the goal, saying he didn't get the final touch. Goal might be credited to Vokes.

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:10am
Can anyone give me a run down on this lad. What sort of player is he? Has he featured much underage etc - just checked this out and he has played a bit a while back. What squad is he currently involved with?

So he started first game and then was bench 2nd game. Were people expecting him to make a lot of appearances this year?

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:37am
Started out with Cherry Orchard from 7s thru to 15s. Dad Davy was with Liverpool, uncle Eamonn at one stage youngest player to play English pro football when with Blackpool at 14 years age. He now football agent. His uncle Mick is Man City scout. All big St Pats supporters. Nathan bro plays for UCD.
Nathan a big tall gangly type lad primarily an old fashioned type centre half but can pass the ball. Also good in the air. He could also play defensive midfield. 
Big positive with this lad is his attitude. He will be sensible and won't make any move from Stoke unless good for his future and not just bank account unlike some other lads I spoke about here before.
Id say bring him into international set up as back up straight away.

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm

Started out with Cherry Orchard from 7s thru to 15s. Dad Davy was with Liverpool, uncle Eamonn at one stage youngest player to play English pro football when with Blackpool at 14 years age. He now football agent. His uncle Mick is Man City scout. All big St Pats supporters. Nathan bro plays for UCD.
Nathan a big tall gangly type lad primarily an old fashioned type centre half but can pass the ball. Also good in the air. He could also play defensive midfield. 
Big positive with this lad is his attitude. He will be sensible and won't make any move from Stoke unless good for his future and not just bank account unlike some other lads I spoke about here before.

Thanks bud, do you think he has the ability to play PL football? To be made captain at such a young age is a great achievement.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:01pm

could you be a bit more specific please

-------------

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:02pm
Will be a Premier League regular within two years I think, unless he has a bad run of injuries.

Interesting that someone related to an agent and a scout chooses Stoke City for his career when so many others follow the bright lights to Liverpool and Manchester. It's a smart move, first team football at a younger age means he has already moved ahead of someone like Conor Masterson despite being a couple of years younger than him. 

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:03pm

Sound, thanks.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:26pm
Is his mam a lager or Guinness woman?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:25pm
G&T and a very nice lady.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:25pm
LOL You are some man! 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:24pm
Came on at HT today

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:35pm
He is some size for 18, absoloute monster, looks confident with the ball at his feet aswel

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

He is some size for 18, absoloute monster, looks confident with the ball at his feet aswel

Stoke looked much better when he was on the pitch, he has a bit of aggression about him too.

However Stoke were terrible 

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:57pm
Presumably that manager is going to get the boot. Good for james to get the goal. See hes playing atbleft back these days for them.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 2:28pm
Captains Stoke against Leeds today.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
Don’t see the Stoke manager lasting much longer. Wonder how Collins will get on with a new manager.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:30pm

Don’t see the Stoke manager lasting much longer. Wonder how Collins will get on with a new manager.

Agreed - Stoke in real trouble and just shipping goals. 

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Agreed - Stoke in real trouble and just shipping goals. 

MOT

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:38pm
Misses today’s game through injury.

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Sent off tonight on 66' in the League cup against Crawley

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 9:36pm
Looked harsh

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:32pm
Apparently he was very good today.my cousin lives in stoke and he was saying that the stokes fan really think he great talent and should be starting every week. 

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:51pm
Got a few minutes from the bench today, he seems to have been back from injury for awhile now so hopefully he can get back in the first team.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:20pm
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/5284340/chelsea-irish-nathan-collins-stoke-city/amp/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb" rel="nofollow -  https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/5284340/chelsea-irish-nathan-collins-stoke-city/amp/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb

Linked with Chelsea 

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 6:52pm
seems like he hadnt played much since michael oneill took over. would like to see him maybe go on loan next season to get more game time if he cant get it at stoke, seems a bright prospect, needs to play

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm
He will be fine. Slower progress at start will pay off long term

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

seems like he hadnt played much since michael oneill took over. would like to see him maybe go on loan next season to get more game time if he cant get it at stoke, seems a bright prospect, needs to play

He was out injured for a long time and had to work hard to get his place back.

I think he'll be ok 

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:58pm
Starts today for Stoke along with McClean

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:50pm
Superb goal-line clearance by McClean from Paddy O'Bamford. Collins doing okay but Stoke have a lot to do now in the second half after that penalty giveaway by Smith.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Superb goal-line clearance by McClean from Paddy O'Bamford. Collins doing okay but Stoke have a lot to do now in the second half after that penalty giveaway by Smith.

Looks like Collins was subbed off at HT. Was he playing poorly or a change in formation? 

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:28pm
It hardly bespeaks badly of Collins - they've conceded three since he went off.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:32pm
Well whatever reason he was taken off it hasn't worked. 
His replacement Chester has just gifted a goal at the start of the second half, Bamford hits the bar 5 minutes later, 

Stoke have now conceded 2 goals in the ten minutes that Collins has come off 

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:34pm
He looked flatfooted for the penalty Leeds got just before half time. He looks as if he has played very little match time.
As for McClean he looks poor and lacking confidence. Think I prefer him wearing balaclava then hairband !!

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:29pm
Starts again today, seems to have nailed down a first team position. Mcclean not in the squad again... might need to drop down to L1 in January.

Masterson on the bench for qpr again, would be really good if both masterson and collins were regular first team starters and work there way into the senior squad

Posted By: Four-Four-Two
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:51pm
did mcclean not win player of the season last year? he can definitely still do the job at championship standard.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:27pm
You would hope McClean could still get a lower end Championship club in the new year as long as he's reasonable about wages. Preston/Luton/Barnsley/QPR etc. would probably be interested.

That said, Celtic will likely be throwing money around in January to try and rescue their ambitions of "the 10" and would be more likely to meet his wage demands.

Collins has been red carded I see.

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
I don't know what's going on with McClean-player of the year last year despite all the political nastiness but suddenly not in the squad. He may need to get out of there, don't know how re the transfer window situation. Collins should get a chance this season, no idea at this stage what tonight's dismissal was about.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:49am
Mcclean is injured apparently. Collins sending off was ridiculous, I was watching the match and checked online afterwards and no one seems to know what it was for🤷‍♂️

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:41pm
Had his red card overturned by the FA. 

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I don't know what's going on with McClean-player of the year last year despite all the political nastiness but suddenly not in the squad. He may need to get out of there, don't know how re the transfer window situation. Collins should get a chance this season, no idea at this stage what tonight's dismissal was about.

As discussed already, Stoke had a dreadful season and winning their POTY unfortunately carried recognition in the mould of "best of a bad bunch" as opposed to having a stunning season.

I do agree, he would definitely do a job for a Championship side.  In truth he isn't going to improve his game at 31, so what he needs now is just to be playing football week in week out at some half decent level.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:53pm
came on at ht, scored late on

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:08pm
Gone under the radar a bit but this guy has huge potential, he was good again tonight

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:29pm
Collins and Bazunu would be my answer to What young Irish talents currently have the best chance of playing with a top top club in the future. Obviously not withstanding the likes of Doherty (not young) and Kelleher recently I’m talking playing regularly 

They are the 2 I think Collins under the radar but starting to play regularly with Stoke and in a similar way to Rodon if he plays regularly in a decent Championship side hopefully he will start to catch big clubs attention. Already linked to Man Utd in the past.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 3:22pm
Another header for Collins. Stoke 1-0 up against Middlesbrough.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 7:55pm
Trying to be more positive on this forum and with that I'd say that Nathan Collins is locking down a position at Stoke. 

Seems to be playing right back for them, the one position we dont seem to have trouble with in player development as we have Doherty, Coleman Collins and Oshea all having experience playing there.

Oshea, Collins and Knight seems to be making progress which is good to see 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:43pm
5 clean sheets in his last 6 games since breaking into the starting lineup against Sheffield Wednesday.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:12pm
Lad seems to have really got rolling for them. If Stoke don’t go up this year they will be a great bet to go up next year as they are gradually improving and id think that improvement will continue next year. 

Might be no harm for Collins if they don’t get promoted this year.
He’s a real talent id have him and Bazunu as our 2 most likely prospects to be playing with a top top club in thre next 5/10 years at the moment (Kelleher Doherty playing at a high level of course)

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Lad seems to have really got rolling for them. If Stoke don’t go up this year they will be a great bet to go up next year as they are gradually improving and id think that improvement will continue next year. 

He’s a real talent id have him and Bazunu as our 2 most likely prospects to be playing with a top top club in thre next 5/10 years at the moment (Kelleher Doherty playing at a high level of course)

Closing in on a return from a broken finger. Rochdale won 5-0 tonight away to Wigan. Brian Barry-Murphy doing a good job on a small budget; he has them playing good football.

Hopefully he continues to bolster his reputation and who knows, we might have an Irish-born manager in the Championship again for the first time in a long time.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:26pm

I'd have Knight on a par with them as well. When you see how Collins is doing and look at O'Shea's performance tonight - there is a lot there to be hopeful about. It won't happen overnight though, it will take a few years.

I actually think Collins will be ready if they do go up. And if they don't go up this season or next he'll be sold to a higher level club I think.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:38pm

Trap or MON would have loved him as a right back. He’s a big solid lad. I don’t know if he has the attacking mobility to prosper as a full back but he certainly has the physical attributes to be a good centre half. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:14am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd have Knight on a par with them as well. When you see how Collins is doing and look at O'Shea's performance tonight - there is a lot there to be hopeful about. It won't happen overnight though, it will take a few years.

I actually think Collins will be ready if they do go up. And if they don't go up this season or next he'll be sold to a higher level club I think.

Watched the Stoke vs Spurs game Collins had a decent game thought he looked very comfortable playing against quality opposition. The youngest player in that Stoke team but you’d think he was the senior statesman. 

Happy to double down on it of all our present/future players currently I would place him ahead of Bazunu in 2nd as most likely to play at a top top club/level (Kelleher/Doherty aside of course who are at top clubs/have played for them) 

I’d even go as far to say I’d be slightly disappointed if he didn’t go a similar way to say Joe Rodon for Wales (getting a move to a big club at 23/24 if nothing else he’s 3/4 seasons off that yet) and I’d say Collins ceiling is a more than a bit higher than Rodons. 

Might sound like big praise and of course hes need luck with injuries, a good attitude etc but I really rate this lad. 

Be happy if he stayed at Stoke this year and got his games and even next year in the Championship for them once he plays. Needs to keep playing to that standard and improving of course but if he does even if they don’t go up in 21/22 he will almost certainly attract serious interest. Was well documented he attracted interest from Man Utd last year until he signed a new contract. 

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:19am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Knight is earning all merciful reviews off Derby fans basically the standout player now a poor Derby team so context needed but certainly one with normal luck again will play top flight football. Will he go to the very top I wouldn’t like to say yet but he has potential. 

O’Shea impressing mad at West Brom and again looks likely to be a top flight level player at the very least even if it’s only a bottom 6 PL level player. Hopefully he stays fit and can continue getting games this year for them.  

I just think Collins is something out of the ordinary really rate him hate overhyping lads but he has me hook line and sinker. I’m happy to look like an idiot if he doesn’t live up to the hype I have given him. 😂

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:28am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Trap or MON would have loved him as a right back. He’s a big solid lad. I don’t know if he has the attacking mobility to prosper as a full back but he certainly has the physical attributes to be a good centre half. 

I think he’s almost certainly a CB long term. Mind like O’Shea playing as a full back is a cracking education for him has to prove/improve his ball playing qualities. No harm at all and proves versatility something that’s important in for a defender in the modern game.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net