You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 97>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

I'd like to see Collins stay in the Premiership league, but I'd say Kompany is very keen to keep him at Burnley and we try to sell Collins on the fact he could learn a lot from being coached by someone who was a very good player in his position.
So if you does stay with Burnley it's not the end of the world, he'll be doing fine.

Thats it, Id rather him stay at Burnley for another year if it means he plays 46 league games as opposed to a bit player like he was at Burnley last season for another Premier League club. Hes just turned 21 like, most defenders that age still haven't made a first team appearance. His stock will only rise from here.

He would be a starter at Leeds very quickly. Our defence is chronic and Marsch goes for youth.
Burnley are in huge trouble they will need to sell and I think they are primed to fall through leagues.

He needs to play at the highest standard possible. no way he stays at Burnley. I think Newcastle is a dodgey move. they have so much money it is risky for any young player.

Never thought we'd be in the market for a CB but the squad now needs a serious overhaul in alot of areas ............Diego Llorente 'Spanish International' is not what it says on the tin.........would take Collins over him in a heartbeat

Collins would be our best defender straight off the bat in my opinion.
 I have been saying we will go for a centre half and have a lot of Leeds fans very naive about players like Llorente, Cooper and Koch (not really played centre half so forgive him a bit).

If they were lithuanian internationals people would be preparing the guillotine. I think if Cooper wasn't captain he would be gone in the summer too. None of them are good enough. I think we can Offload everyone except for Cresswell, Struijk, Koch and come out better with Collins replacing one of them.

Cresswell I think it is a year too soon for him. He is very wild but will be class. Championship loan for him and Hjelde maybe.

I think Orta will be stubborn and think his signings will improve in a new system though. Either way Collins is the easiest decision you could make all summer and with Burnleys financial situation it almost feels like a Gelhardt armed robbery to get him for sort of 15.

Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 11:18pm
Players will leave Burnley as need to get cash in , Pope Cornet and McNeil seem favs to head to the door , again time will tell . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Players will leave Burnley as need to get cash in , Pope Cornet and McNeil seem favs to head to the door , again time will tell . 

Burnley need 65 million immediately. Cornet release is 17. Pope will fetch 30 ish? Mcneil around 20. 9 players out of contract too. Burnley are in big trouble.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 12:12am
Burnley’s best players will go, sadly so because they were one game from safety and rebuilding. Pope is a top keeper and will go to a top club, Cornet will go to another PL club, likewise McNeil and Tarkowski. Collins needs to move now. Leeds are poor defensively and he should avoid going there but there will be no shortage of interest from other PL clubs I have no doubt.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 11:44pm
This lad deserves monumental credit for his performance tonight amongst that sh*tshow. Some colossal blocks so composed on the ball just seems to do everything in 1st gear. If Omobamidele comes back well or if Coleman is deployed at CB again Collins is the last of the 3 boys playing tonight that should be on the bench. 

He is simply too good for the Championship and I hope to god he would be able to manufacture a transfer to a top flight club even if it's beyond England so be it on the continent if English clubs turn their nose up at him! Burnley are in massive trouble financially and I see them being ripped apart/sinking. This lad is levels above Dara O'Shea but we see how ill fortune the club having a meltdown, badly timed injuries etc can set players back. 

He is that talented I'm sure Burnley will look to build completely around him and he could make them a 15 points better side. I still wouldn't fancy them going up.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:39am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

This lad deserves monumental credit for his performance tonight amongst that sh*tshow. Some colossal blocks so composed on the ball just seems to do everything in 1st gear. If Omobamidele comes back well or if Coleman is deployed at CB again Collins is the last of the 3 boys playing tonight that should be on the bench. 

He is simply too good for the Championship and I hope to god he would be able to manufacture a transfer to a top flight club even if it's beyond England so be it on the continent if English clubs turn their nose up at him! Burnley are in massive trouble financially and I see them being ripped apart/sinking. This lad is levels above Dara O'Shea but we see how ill fortune the club having a meltdown, badly timed injuries etc can set players back. 

He is that talented I'm sure Burnley will look to build completely around him and he could make them a 15 points better side. I still wouldn't fancy them going up.

agree with all of this. nailed on starter for us going forward and really hope he gets a move out of burnley, hes too good
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:46am
I did think he was the best on the park for us also , even without my Claret Glasses on . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
think he is very raw still but has lots of natural ability but a bit clunky in his feet at times but no more
Than Duffy.  Not sure the rcb is his best position.  

Think he is a little overrated from what I have seen.  Madness fai at spurs too.  Was poor in Armenia I felt. Gets himself into issues as he is trying to play ball.  However has good pace to get himself out of issues. 

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Jun 2022 at 11:56am
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:18pm
He's a world class centre half a la rolls royce is what he has been called on here.

I have to say I didn't see much of that myself, sloppy passing, slopping in possession, clumsy last ditched tackles, mouthing at the referee.

As you say, the guy is a young lad with a lot of potential. A lot of this will be ironed out the more he plays.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:26pm
Agreed that he is still raw but has all the attributes to keep improving into a genuinely quality player. Looking forward to seeing Collins and Omobamidele play together so much pace would be great for a higher line.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:44pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:45pm
Class act. Some baller.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Hes going to end up at a top too club. World class this lad 

6 appearances for Burnley and now he's world class LOL
ShockedLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Agreed that he is still raw but has all the attributes to keep improving into a genuinely quality player. Looking forward to seeing Collins and Omobamidele play together so much pace would be great for a higher line.

That’s the future, surely. And not too far off, one assumes.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:47pm
Beckenbaur. Imagine him in a City team or something.Confused
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Make no mistake is this lads playing Championship football next season his agent/those associated with him should actually be shot with cow sh*t. He's too good for Championship football about time out lads started correctly taking the attitude of some other players like Cornet Tarkowski etc at Burnley.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:50pm
One of the best goals we've ever scored.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 9:42pm
Up there with the best defenders I’ve seen for us in the last 20 years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 97>
  Share Topic