You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 97>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 7:51pm
Pretty sure his agent is his uncle
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:06pm
You would hope he might get a transfer in the summer. Burnley will be looking to recoup cash. He has quickly become their most sellable asset! 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:29pm
What was he doing for the penalty. Mental carry on in the biggest game of his career.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:17pm
Can never get my head around players dangling arms up in the air and handling the ball like that in the box 

Absolute clanger after a great season 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Handled the ball in the box there to give away the penalty, 1-0 Newcastle.

Yeah, that was a mad moment. On the positive side, did brilliantly out on the right wing (!) to create Burnleys goal.

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

You would hope he might get a transfer in the summer. Burnley will be looking to recoup cash. He has quickly become their most sellable asset! 

Yeah, Mee & Tarkowski both out of contract, so will have to be replaced. I think other players will be leaving too (relegation clauses)

I'm also reading that Burnley will now have to repay a large debt in the region of £40-60 million because of relegation, is that correct?

Where's all that money going to come from? Collins could potentially get them £15-20 million.

Kevin Long is going to be livid, he might actually have to play football next season.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Yeah, that was a mad moment. On the positive side, did brilliantly out on the right wing (!) to create Burnleys goal.

Yeah, Mee & Tarkowski both out of contract, so will have to be replaced. I think other players will be leaving too (relegation clauses)

I'm also reading that Burnley will now have to repay a large debt in the region of £40-60 million because of relegation, is that correct?

Where's all that money going to come from? Collins could potentially get them £15-20 million.

Kevin Long is going to be livid, he might actually have to play football next season.

I will be surprised if he doesn't have a release clause. I think alot of clubs would look at him but none are paying 20 mill. They will get back what they paid and not much more which will be a bargain.

I am a Leeds fan for my sins. Badly want us to offload some of ours and sign him. Lots of fans want Charlie Taylor too at Burnley to come back to Leeds. I hope we have not been sleeping and missed that 1) our defence is terrible and we need defenders 2) Collins is likely the best centre half his age in UK and Ireland
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:22pm
" Newcastle United and Leeds United are plotting moves to sign Burnley defender Nathan Collins. They are both looking to sign a centre-back and they see Collins as someone with "huge" potential. [Football Insider]"

I know there is probably not much in this but as a Leeds fan my god buying Collins is such a no brainer
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:36pm
I'd like to see Collins stay in the Premiership league, but I'd say Kompany is very keen to keep him at Burnley and we try to sell Collins on the fact he could learn a lot from being coached by someone who was a very good player in his position.
So if you does stay with Burnley it's not the end of the world, he'll be doing fine.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

I'd like to see Collins stay in the Premiership league, but I'd say Kompany is very keen to keep him at Burnley and we try to sell Collins on the fact he could learn a lot from being coached by someone who was a very good player in his position.
So if you does stay with Burnley it's not the end of the world, he'll be doing fine.

Thats it, Id rather him stay at Burnley for another year if it means he plays 46 league games as opposed to a bit player like he was at Burnley last season for another Premier League club. Hes just turned 21 like, most defenders that age still haven't made a first team appearance. His stock will only rise from here.

Edited by Bandwagon - 27 May 2022 at 5:49pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:04pm

Thats it, Id rather him stay at Burnley for another year if it means he plays 46 league games as opposed to a bit player like he was at Burnley last season for another Premier League club. Hes just turned 21 like, most defenders that age still haven't made a first team appearance. His stock will only rise from here.

He would be a starter at Leeds very quickly. Our defence is chronic and Marsch goes for youth.
Burnley are in huge trouble they will need to sell and I think they are primed to fall through leagues.

He needs to play at the highest standard possible. no way he stays at Burnley. I think Newcastle is a dodgey move. they have so much money it is risky for any young player.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Collins played 90mins in 13 of the last 14 premier league games and was either good or very good in all of them. He can definitely play at that level.

If he stays in the championship with Burnley next year and they get promoted the following year I think Burnley will struggle to invest heavily enough to be competitive in the premier league again. 

So best case scenario would be that he is in the same position he is now if he stays at Burnley...

I'd like to see him get a move to an established premier league club. I think he's going to be better next year than he was this year.

Leeds had an awful season but we iwll have a good summer and we got through second season syndrome basically without a striker all season and no Pivot. Leeds will be a solid midtable team next year. Will likely spend 100m again like year one. and If Raphinha or Kalvin gets sold we will spend more. Doesn;t guarantee success but Collins would fit in perfectly and the club has a very high ceiling for him to grow into and actually wants to play good football. He needs out of Burnley either way.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 6:20pm
Irish players always wait for the move and it never comes.

Take the money and move.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:11pm
If Newcastle are genuinely interested he should give it strong consideration. He's got the potential to play at the very top in England and Newcastle have the investment needed to get there. Jump on that train early and make a few quid in the process.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Collins played 90mins in 13 of the last 14 premier league games and was either good or very good in all of them. He can definitely play at that level.

If he stays in the championship with Burnley next year and they get promoted the following year I think Burnley will struggle to invest heavily enough to be competitive in the premier league again. 

So best case scenario would be that he is in the same position he is now if he stays at Burnley...

I'd like to see him get a move to an established premier league club. I think he's going to be better next year than he was this year.

Leeds had an awful season but we iwll have a good summer and we got through second season syndrome basically without a striker all season and no Pivot. Leeds will be a solid midtable team next year. Will likely spend 100m again like year one. and If Raphinha or Kalvin gets sold we will spend more. Doesn;t guarantee success but Collins would fit in perfectly and the club has a very high ceiling for him to grow into and actually wants to play good football. He needs out of Burnley either way.

Haha I can really feel @niallers excitement at mere prospect of having Collins in a Leeds shirt... 

Leeds used to be a good club for irish players but don't seems to have had one of note for a good few years.

I have been saying on the Leeds forums that Leeds have to sign him for 3-4 years now. Massive signing for us. I can't stand our defence like. Useless lightweight centre halves who hate defending. The links are prob nonsense but I having a good laugh that we are finally linked with him after me waxing lyrical for years. Leeds have goofball fans who still think that defence we watched this year doesn't need shifting. Our captain is useless and I hope the new manager realises we won't survive another year with these no matter what we buy ahead of them. I am glad Collins is Irish but I want him because I relaly think there are few better centre halves his age on the planet. I really think he will be a world class player

Like I suppose my earliest memories of Leeds we had Gary Kelly and then Harte. Obviously Irwin but I am only a Leeds fan 32 years so don't remember that or Sheridan LOL Mcphail obviously had a really unlucky career  but was the best of the Leeds class of 92 that actually won the youth cup. and obviously that mong from Westlife LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:22pm
I honestly think United should buy him. He'd be an improvement on what they have 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I honestly think United should buy him. He'd be an improvement on what they have 

He would probably have Maguire ahead of him, Are you trying to destroy the poor lads confidence ? LOL
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He would be a starter at Leeds very quickly. Our defence is chronic and Marsch goes for youth.
Burnley are in huge trouble they will need to sell and I think they are primed to fall through leagues.

He needs to play at the highest standard possible. no way he stays at Burnley. I think Newcastle is a dodgey move. they have so much money it is risky for any young player.

Never thought we'd be in the market for a CB but the squad now needs a serious overhaul in alot of areas ............Diego Llorente 'Spanish International' is not what it says on the tin.........would take Collins over him in a heartbeat

Edited by gazurtoids - 27 May 2022 at 10:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 97>
  Share Topic