You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most over rated player in world football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Zlatan Ibrahomovic: a mere 12 goals in 8 x Serie A games in a season where he had Covid, as his team goes 3 points clear at the top of the table (10 beyond Juve)....

Ridiculously overrated... LOL

What age is he 37 or something. Some of the choices people have put in here Confused
He'll be 40 next October.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Top 5!

1) Firmino
2) Kante
3) Sterling
4) Benzema
5) Lukaku

Sterling bumped up to number 2.

Was very good today

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Top 5!

1) Firmino
2) Kante
3) Sterling
4) Benzema
5) Lukaku

Sterling bumped up to number 2.

Was very good today

Agreed! Well overdue mind.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 11:28pm

Zlatan Ibrahomovic: a mere 12 goals in 8 x Serie A games in a season where he had Covid, as his team goes 3 points clear at the top of the table (10 beyond Juve)....

What age is he 37 or something. Some of the choices people have put in here Confused

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic surpassed 500 goals scored at club level by scoring twice as AC Milan moved back on top of Serie A with a 4-0 win over Crotone.

The Swedish striker, 39, reached the milestone with a shot into the top corner in the first half.

He then tapped in his 501st goal and his 14th in 11 league games this season.

AC moved two points clear of city rivals Inter Milan at the top with 49 points from 21 games."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55973806

More overrated by the day.... LOL

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:42am

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic surpassed 500 goals scored at club level by scoring twice as AC Milan moved back on top of Serie A with a 4-0 win over Crotone.

The Swedish striker, 39, reached the milestone with a shot into the top corner in the first half.

AC moved two points clear of city rivals Inter Milan at the top with 49 points from 21 games."

You’re not taking this well are you Terri.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:57am
Who said Zlatan was over rated?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:19am

Sid initially and I agree with him.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:56am

He certainly isint short on confidence but he is a consistent goal scorer. Over 500 goals now and he has played in mostly top divisions.

Scored more than 1 every 2 games.

Besides Ronnie/Messi and Lewandowski he must be up there with the best of the rest who have played for 10 seasons in top 5 leagues.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He certainly isint short on confidence but he is a consistent goal scorer. Over 500 goals now and he has played in mostly top divisions.

Besides Ronnie/Messi and Lewandowski he must be up there with the best of the rest who have played for 10 seasons in top 5 leagues.

Great goalscorer no doubt but I can’t remember one single game in the knock out stages of the Champions League where he had a major influence. Inter Milan won the Champions League the season after he left while Barca were defending Champions when he joined and were only successful again after he left.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:13pm

Great goalscorer no doubt but I can’t remember one single game in the knock out stages of the Champions League where he had a major influence. Inter Milan won the Champions League the season after he left while Barca were defending Champions when he joined and were only successful again after he left.

True regarding the champions league but he won a lot of league titles and his goals would have contributed to that.
He’s doing it for AC Milan this season.

I know he scored 4 v England but not sure if his record is great in the Major international competitions- Euro/WCs

How would you compare him to Rooney? Better or worse? And say Benzema? As they would have similar goal records 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:29pm

Scored twice for Barca in a 2-2 draw away to Arsenal in the knockout stages of the CL in 2010.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 09 Feb 2021 at 1:30pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:33pm

True regarding the champions league but he won a lot of league titles and his goals would have contributed to that.
He’s doing it for AC Milan this season.

I know he scored 4 v England but not sure if his record is great in the Major international competitions- Euro/WCs

How would you compare him to Rooney? Better or worse? And say Benzema? As they would have similar goal records 

Rooney was a better all round player, Zlatan a better goalscorer.

Benzema made my initial top 5 overrated players.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Scored twice for Barca in a 2-2 draw away to Arsenal in the knockout stages of the CL in 2010.

Well I knew I had missed one performance but then again it’s only Arsenal.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 1:43pm

Wha?

In so far as I'm "taking" anything, I'm taking amusement from the way Zlatan is proving his naysayers ever more wrong with every game he plays:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/italian-serie-a/top-scorers

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 2:08pm

Wha?

In so far as I'm "taking" anything, I'm taking amusement from the way Zlatan is proving his naysayers ever more wrong with every game he plays:

It’s just as well Milan aren’t playing in the Champions League! Amirite?

Edited by BrendanD88 - 09 Feb 2021 at 2:08pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 3:12pm

Wha?

It’s just as well Milan aren’t playing in the Champions League! Amirite?

Ah right, the old CL play.

Kevin De Bruyne, for instance, is arguably the best player in the PL and plays for a top PL team which invariably qualifies for the CL, yet he's never won it or even come close, if truth be told.

Here are just some of the awards which show how highly rated he is:

Perhaps he should be required to return all of those until he wins the CL?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:18pm
Welcome Tony Martial and Declan Rice.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:45am

Welcome Tony Martial and Declan Rice.

Rice is a strange one. At times he looks a quality player, but then there's lots of other times where he looks bang average. Doesn't seem to be much consistency to his game at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic