You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldova - 9th October 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 43444546>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Link not working Denis. 

goo.gl/wHkV70
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:09pm
I like the work Denis, makes a change from the typical ''pose by a fountain, and can one of ye please jump in the air on the count of 3, thanks'' from the sportsfile lads, who I appreciate are selling/catering for a different market. 

But nice to see something completely different, and wouldn't have a clue as to how pro photographers do whatever they do with lighting, but the result of your work is excellent, the subjects really stand out.   Cheers Hickster for the working link. Thumbs Up

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:07pm
They look good alright and the bit of info under each photo is a great idea. Couldn't hang around at the museum with the tanks and other military stuff as we had to collect tickets. Pity as I would have loved to see an apache sitting on a rocket.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 10:10pm
It's probably just as well we didn't go for the rocket, RL.. I fell off the gun barrell of the tank trying to hang db's flag from it. A good landing thankfully...The young lad watching the place let us do whatever we wanted once he could get his own photo taken for his Facebook.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Denis Vahey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Vahey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 10:50pm
Sorry about the bad link, here's a new one: http://www.denisvahey.com/single-post/2016/10/14/Green-Army---Moldova

Thanks for the feedback gents. As you say - Sportsfile have to cater for the press/media. As my project is is personal/non-commercial I'm free to give it a more 'cinematic' look. They wouldn't be accepted by press, but that's not the point of the project. 

In terms of making the subject 'stand out' - that's all down to the flash I bring with me, it's a balls travelling with it but well worth it to get that look I'm after. 

I've 7+ people already lined up for Vienna - they got in touch here or via Facebook or email. It's a big big help if you get in touch beforehand. 

I've also been asked about groups and groups with flags - bring it on! 

Cheers lads. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:32pm
Blog on the trip finally done for anyone interested.  Better late than never.  They think it's Moldova....it is now!!

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:17pm
"At this stage some of our support around me were beginning to get a bit nervy "

I was wondering if my mid-game panic would make it into the blog alright !
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:39pm
Great blog well written well done. Now I sorta remember getting into stadium. SORTA!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

"At this stage some of our support around me were beginning to get a bit nervy "

I was wondering if my mid-game panic would make it into the blog alright !

Didn't want to mention any names but thought f**k it!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 8:21am
Great read 69er
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
barcabhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barcabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:53am
Great stuff as always Drumcondra   
For these games, you must keep a cold heart no, a warm heart and a cold mind no, head! So you must have a warm heart and (pause)a cold head.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:58am
Cracking read again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:32am
https://www.ybig.ie/they-think-its-moldova/

Blog now up on YBIG homepage if anyone interested missed it.
gwernybwch View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwernybwch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 5:36pm
Hi all,

Welsh fan here planning our trip to Moldova.

I was wondering whether any you guys went from Moldova to Odessa (or vice versa) during your recent trip and whether it presented any problems?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by gwernybwch gwernybwch wrote:

<div abp="798">Hi all,<div abp="799"> <div abp="800">Welsh fan here planning our trip to Moldova.<div abp="800"> <div abp="801">I was wondering whether any you guys went from Moldova to Odessa (or vice versa) during your recent trip and whether it presented any problems?<div abp="802">Thanks in advance for any replies.

Didn't myself but be careful if you end up going into Moldova from Odessa. I think the train goes via Transnistria. Entering Transnistria from Ukraine will not get you a Moldovan entry stamp, neither will you get one entering Moldova from Transnistria. You then might have problems with the Moldovan immigration authorities when leaving, who may try to claim that you entered Moldova illegally and fine you. I read somewhere that if you go in that way, you'd have to go to a government office in Chisinau to register when you arrive.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:08pm
Was going to do it but then they reduced the service to 2 (?) days a week plus it's 5 hours each way which also wasn't appealing.

Transnistria well worth a day trip. One weird spot
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 5:53am
Originally posted by gwernybwch gwernybwch wrote:

Hi all,

Welsh fan here planning our trip to Moldova.

I was wondering whether any you guys went from Moldova to Odessa (or vice versa) during your recent trip and whether it presented any problems?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Know that one of the London Irish lads went from Chisinau to Odessa (Tashkent & Newrycouk would know the chap well) , don't think he had any great issue, well, at least I saw him in Vienna last week, so at the very least, they let him out of the gulag before that, so you fire away chief, nothing can possibly go wrong.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 12:43pm
Yeah, the Odessa train only runs Saturday and Sunday. Obviously you are home to Austria on Saturday so it won't work. There are plenty of buses all the same.

That said, I'd recommend Tiraspol and Transnistria, as would many on here. The buses are frequent enough and relatively quick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 43444546>
  Share Topic