Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"MISSING" IRELAND SHIRT.LET DOWN BY FAI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:35pm
I will 100% agree that i am as, RTID said a "wreck the head" and as da scientist said masturbation and a beer would also help but i have put my heart and soul for the last 14 years into the Museum project.

When the shirt originally went missing the FAI had a chance to just be honest and tell me it was gone and then offer to replace it. Problem solved. They didnt.

Then i approached the first senior FAI staff member who could also have ordered a replacement jersey.Problem solved. They didnt.

Then i contacted the second senior FAI staff member who could also have ordered a replacement jersey. Problem solved. They didnt.

Then i was contacted by the third senior FAI staff member who told me he had ordered a replacement jersey. Problem solved. They didnt.

Literally ONE phonecall/email in the last 6 months is all this could/would/should have taken from any of the three senior FAI staff members i dealt with to somebody senior in Umbro Ireland requesting a jersey and that would have solved this issue, quickly and quietly.

Like many folks on YBIG i would consider myself a loyal supporter of the team for many years and by extension their sponsors. It is very easy to say "let it go" and "get over it" but that is missing the point.

I can only compare myself to what i would see as a loyal, regular customer of the company i work for. If we let down a customer of mine i would go out of my way to try make the matter right for them. As i said before a bit of common sense,empathy and urgency go along way resolving any situation and all these things cost nothing.

Even when i returned my Season Tickets in frustration there was no urgency in their response. Sure they had my money already who cares if he doesent go to the rest of the games. f**k him.

It just showed to me how much my loyalty thru out the years was appreciated.

Edited by irelandshirts - 13 Oct 2016 at 6:59pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:46pm
Goodman irelandshirts, don't listen to those other 2 idiots and fair play for sticking to your guns. It's a thing of principle as well as labour of love, so you have every right to feel aggrieved and let down by a body that should be going out of their way to facilitate and thank you. Keep us all posted in here about any developments and f**k the naysayers. Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Did I not see Johnny from Umbro saying on other thread he gonna sort this out ?

Yea pretty sure I seen that as well . Hopefully this getts sorted out soon as possiable by them.

Edited by Charlton's Child - 13 Oct 2016 at 6:59pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:00pm
So the fai are useless and they shaft loyal supporters, they then make up stories to cover up their mistakes.

I must be back in 1994 , 2002, 2007, 2009 or 2014
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Did I not see Johnny from Umbro saying on other thread he gonna sort this out ?

Yea pretty sure I seen that as well . Hopefully this getts sorted out soon as possiable by them.

In fairness to Umbro it was a problem not of their making so why should they have to resolve it.

Again just ONE phonecall/email from the FAI to Umbro is all that this should have taken to resolve it. For some reason that contact was never made.

Edited by irelandshirts - 13 Oct 2016 at 7:03pm

Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:13pm
I can't help but feel there are bigger problems in the world today than a bleeding replacement jersey Confused
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

So the fai are useless and they shaft loyal supporters, they then make up stories to cover up their mistakes.

That is the bottom line RM
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

I can't help but feel there are bigger problems in the world today than a bleeding replacement jersey Confused

There are tonnes of bigger problems in the world Peter. This is a selfish first world problem of mine.I cant disagree with you at all. Over a pint i can bend your ear about the other things that annoy the sh*te out of me but i try and stick to my support for the Irish football team on an Irish football fans forum.

Edited by irelandshirts - 13 Oct 2016 at 7:25pm

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:50pm
stick to your guns IS, they want you to drop it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Who are you? A jihadist?LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

bloody infidelSmile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

bloody infidelSmile

Big smile
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:11pm
Fair play IrelandShirts.
Can't say I am anyway surprises unfortunately
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

I have dealt with three very Senior FAI staff members, one of whom by the way took the time to inform me of his competency to resolve the matter by citing his professional academic qualifications.

He didn't claim to be a member of the Chartered Accountants of Ireland by any chance?
beat me to it
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:13pm
Grim situation.
SuperDave has given a bit of advice there that you could possibly go down a civil case route.
I think this is the way to go.

You've given the FAI a chance to rectify the situation.
They haven't and they will not at this stage.

You're in a situation now where you have to take the legal route available to you or close the book on the matter completely.

Umbro appear to be willing to help. Fair play to them if they do but they owe you nothing. This "Johnny from Umbro said on another thread that he'd help you" stuff doesn't seem like something you should hang your coat on.
Again, he may well be genuine and fair play to him if he helps you out.

Your issue is at the FAI and I wouldnt get third parties with nothing to do with the matter involved. If the FAI need to contact third parties then it's up to them not you.

Put your emails and correspondence together and spend E50 on a solicitor consultation. Spend a little extra and get him to send a solicitors letter.
I would be confident that will put a fire under the FAI'S arse.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Fair play for posting the update.

It just shows to show you how much contempt the FAI have for you and fans in general.

I'd bring them to court on principle and expose them for what they are.

What law do you think they have broken? The being disorganised or ignoring a head wrecker act of 1949?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:03pm
Although going to a solicitor will possibly cost you more than the cost of a jersey....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic