Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54376
Printed Date: 16 May 2024 at 6:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "MISSING" IRELAND SHIRT.LET DOWN BY FAI
Posted By: irelandshirts
Subject: "MISSING" IRELAND SHIRT.LET DOWN BY FAI
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:08am
An Irish shirt from the Museum has gone "missing". It was given by me to someone with direct access to the Irish team to have signed by Aiden McGeady late in 2015. I physically have not seen it since then.I hope there is an innocent explanation as to where it is now but i cannot contact the person i gave it too to confirm if they still have it.

It is a short sleeved no 7 shirt from Aiden McGeady from the friendly v England in Dublin in 2015.(pictured). When i had it, the shirt was unsigned. It may well have been signed by the entire Irish squad since then. It is rare to see a shirt like this, especially as McGeady prefers to wear long sleeved.

If anyone sees this shirt or has any information about it i would really appreciate if you could contact me at irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Replies:
Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:38pm
Was this done through the forum? 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:43pm
Not like McGeady to go missing in an Ireland shirt..

All Jokes aside hope that it's found

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:59pm
The shirt was given by me personally to a member of the FAI staff that look after the Senior team in late 2015.

The shirt,i am told remained unsigned thru out 2016 and i contacted them at various times looking for an update. I was told it was in hand. The last confirmation being on the 10th May 2016 that it would get done.

It has come to my attention now thanks to Ybiggers that a very similar shirt, that was signed, was sold on DoneDeal.ie on the 2nd April 2016.

Take a look at the picture.The top one is my shirt BEFORE it was given to the FAI,the bottom one was sold on DoneDeal.

No doubt in my mind that is my shirt. Look at the angle of the crest, the placement of the match details/flags and number. Even look at the crease in the collar.

The staff member in question no longer works for the FAI and did not reply to me after the 10th May 2016 or even now even tho i am told their contact details are the same.

It has also been stated to me that the shirt was sold after having been "won" at a raffle for a certain charity but i have contacted the charity and they have no record of receiving funds for this. I believe it was sold for a very high price also.

I am not saying that the shirt was deliberately "lost or taken" or that the ex-employee did anything wrong but the fact is that the shirt now cannot be located by the FAI and i think i was lied to about its location all along,instead of just telling me and being honest about it. I have spent the last two weeks privately trying to resolve this matter with the FAI with no success.

ALL I WANT IS THE SHIRT BACK.

I have spent the last 14 years trying to preserve aspects of our footballing history for future generations to enjoy and promote the concept of a football museum in this country,NOT FOR MONEY, but because i believe that it can and will inspire future generations. The FAI should have been doing this all along themselves in any event.

I even raised the issue of doing a book for Charity with the FAI that would have involved minimum input from the FAI but again their LACK of response was uninspiring if not unsurprising.

I am now informed by the Gardai that i will have to issue civil legal proceedings against the FAI to try and get the matter resolved as Data Protection laws mean DoneDeal.ie will not release info unless they have a Gardai request.

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:10pm
Did you pay for the shirt?

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Did you pay for the shirt?

Irrelevant if it was paid for or gifted . The chap owned it and it was given in good faith .

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:28pm
Am I right in saying that the person you gave the shirt to is the now ex employee, and the person you were dealing with all along?

From what you say, its a simple matter of theft, but legally as you gave the shirt in good faith, it may be impossible to do anything about it.

either way best of luck in getting it back. 

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Am I right in saying that the person you gave the shirt to is the now ex employee, and the person you were dealing with all along?

From what you say, its a simple matter of theft, but legally as you gave the shirt in good faith, it may be impossible to do anything about it.
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">either way best of luck in getting it back. </span>

Yes it was the same and only person I was dealing with.they have now left the Fai.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:31pm
FFS what a fooking asswipe, doing that on ya Eddie.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

FFS what a fooking asswipe, doing that on ya Eddie.

I don't believe it was done with intent FW but I feel they knew it was "misplaced" long before they confirmed it to me today. But again only after I had to chase them for two weeks.

I made it clear i didn't want to air the matter publicly but I don't feel this was handled well and I feel very let down by the FAI to be honest.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:27pm
Shocking

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:57pm
Just text them saying that you are going to put their name out there in the public and you have no other choice unless they want to help you retrieve the jersey . After all someone has profited from the jersey . Put the issue on FAI FB page and the Irish supporters FB page . I'm sure there are plenty of eyes wTching who know something about it . If tried to do it the decent way . some times you just got to get tough with people .

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">either way best of luck in getting it back. </span>

Yes it was the same and only person I was dealing with.they have now left the Fai.

very difficult one 

i would imagine that even if the FAI know who took the shirt, they would need a high level of proof to do anything.

maybe SD can clarify the legal position of an employer in a case like this.

it doesnt change the fact that its a scummy thing whoever did it, is there anyway of tracing the seller through previous ads, or the purchaser of the shirt

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: BoboDub
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:39am
The shirt was lost in the fai's care.

It is well within the powers of the FAI to stump up an alternative shirt, or even a better shirt for any false stringalong that happened that made the situation worse and harder to resolve.

Its not like you have just walked off the street and claimed someone robbed your shirt. They know you, they know they had the shirt, and now they're ducking for cover.

You have gone above and beyond to give them a chance to sort it amicably and in private. I wouldn't have that level of restraint, so fair play. It makes them look even worse now - its one thing to mess up once (losing the shirt), another thing to drag heels and string along (saying the shirt was there), and another further still to fail to meaningfully engage when things finally come to a head.

I'd say it is shameful behaviour, but alas someone without shame cannot be shamed.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:51am
I'd be trying my best to get on to the person you originally gave it to and threatening them with legal action. Could be a case for Judge Judy

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:14am
Was this a real physical museum? Was it hanging on a wall on display and then suddenly ended up on donedeal?

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Was this a real physical museum? Was it hanging on a wall on display and then suddenly ended up on donedeal?

Yes its a real physical museum !!!!'Museums enable people to explore collections for inspiration, learning and enjoyment. They are institutions that collect, safeguard and make accessible artifacts and specimens, which they hold in trust for society.'

Its housed for the moment in my front room whilst a "bricks and mortar" location is found to allow public access to it.

Its contents are currently being professionally photographed to update and expand the old website:

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

I physically gave the shirt to the FAI staff member to have the shirt signed by Aiden McGeady. I have spent the last 5 years having all the items signed by either the player whos item it was or else a player who featured in that game.

-------------

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:51am
Go to the individual and threaten to name and shame...... social media is a powerful tool.

The FAI is a tricky one as I'm sure you want to maintain a good relationship with them. I know they have acted poorly but maybe best not to publicly question them.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Go to the individual and threaten to name and shame...... social media is a powerful tool.

The FAI is a tricky one as I'm sure you want to maintain a good relationship with them. I know they have acted poorly but maybe best not to publicly question them.

Too often in this country people say nothing when something is wrong.People don't question things.I feel have given the FAI every opportunity to resolve this matter privately,quickly and quietly.One phone call I think could have resolved it.

I sent emails and registered letters with all the facts to the FAI and I stressed I did not want to make a song and dance out of this.I put my heart and soul into this project since 2002.The FAI are well aware of this.

We all make mistakes.Show me someone who hasn't and Il show you a lier.If the person was aware the shirt was missing then just tell me. I actually would respect that more and we could have sorted it out and no one would be any the wiser.

I think I have handled the matter properly and shown the FAI respect.I think the FAI have handled the matter badly and personally I don't feel that I have been shown any respect.

-------------

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:18am
One for Joe Duffy

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:33am

Too often in this country people say nothing when something is wrong.People don't question things.I feel have given the FAI every opportunity to resolve this matter privately,quickly and quietly.One phone call I think could have resolved it.

I sent emails and registered letters with all the facts to the FAI and I stressed I did not want to make a song and dance out of this.I put my heart and soul into this project since 2002.The FAI are well aware of this.

We all make mistakes.Show me someone who hasn't and Il show you a lier.If the person was aware the shirt was missing then just tell me. I actually would respect that more and we could have sorted it out and no one would be any the wiser.

I think I have handled the matter properly and shown the FAI respect.I think the FAI have handled the matter badly and personally I don't feel that I have been shown any respect.

Who are you sending these registered letters too?

Have you emailed JD directly about this.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:59am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Who are you sending these registered letters too?

Have you emailed JD directly about this.

The contacts were with a member of the Board of management team and the emails and reg letter were received by them. I dont want to name any names as that would not be fair on my part as they dont have a right to reply and they were not directly involved in this matter either up and until i contacted them. And i am sure they will say they have to look further into the matter.

As i said i thought one quick phone call could have solved this.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:51pm
I was walking up Grafton Street today, and I couldn't believe it - bold as brass!!!! Big smile

[Note to anyone from the FAI watching - THE ABOVE PICTURE IS A JOKE.  I don't believe JD stole the missing shirt or has the missing shirt in his possession. In any event you should note the picture photoshopped JD is wearing is a longsleeved shirt whereas the missing shirt is shortsleeved.  To remove all doubt!!!

AND ALL JOKING ASIDE IF SOMEONE FROM THE FAI IS ACTUALLY READING THIS, JUST DO THE RIGHT THING AND ARRANGE FOR IRELANDSHIRTS TO GET A PROPER REPLACEMENT SHIRT!]

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:00pm
LOLLOL

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:26pm
LOL

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:30pm

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:43pm
Is that where the grants to the LOI are coming from?LOL

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 7:04am
Very good LOL

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:56am
The FAI may well be reading this but i do not expect them to respond in any way.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 7:28pm
HHopefully they will. As i said early for them to bury their head in the sand would be a complete embarrassment.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 8:52pm
Sadly no response from the FAI on the missing jersey.

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 8:56pm
Thumbs Down

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 4:32pm
The FAI have been in contact. I appreciate that they are looking into the matter for me and I would hope that they will resolve the matter asap as Imo there is no reason to delay getting the matter resolved.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 4:53pm
What's the matter? LOL

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 8:44am
If the shirt was sold on at a charity event the person bought it in good faith. I dont think its right to sell it on when its your property but you cant really take it back from whoever bought it. Compensation is the best you can hope for Id say

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:17am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

If the shirt was sold on at a charity event the person bought it in good faith. I dont think its right to sell it on when its your property but you cant really take it back from whoever bought it. Compensation is the best you can hope for Id say

The shirt is gone scotty and I don't see any way of getting it back so its up now to the FAI to make it right.I have already told the FAI several times how exactly they can do this over the last month.

Everyone makes mistakes,myself included but its how you address a mistake,the sincerity,apathy and speed at which you deal with it and try and resolve it that makes all the difference.All three of the things I mentioned btw cost nothing but can be the hardest things to get.

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:41am
Not even a response from them?

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:59am
Very very disappointed by the response from the FAI into this matter. Below is my response to them this morning. Amazing how something so trivial could be handled so very badly.

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

It is time for me to draw a line in the sand on this issue as it is clear that the FAI are not willing to even try and go the extra mile for me to resolve this matter for me in a satisfactory manner as i requested many weeks ago.

I have proven to the FAI that my shirt was sold on DoneDeal.ie in April of this year.

In May of this year a staff member of the FAI lied to me and told me that my shirt was still in their possession. This was after nearly 8 months of trying to receive an update without success.

I have since repeatedly contacted various senior members of staff within the FAI in regards to (a) receiving an explanation as to what happened my shirt and (b) being given a suitable replacement item of MY choice for the Museum.

Sadly, after many weeks it now appears that neither of these very simple requests are going to be answered to my satisfaction for me by the FAI.

The fact that Down Syndrome Ireland may have been used to increase the price that someone paid for the shirt on the Internet, as it was stated that it came direct from the FAI having been donated to Down Syndrome Ireland does not sit easily with me either.I have explained clearly the links my own family has with this organisation and the supports they offer for family's like my own that rely on their services. The FAI, i am told have no record of donating any such shirt to Down Syndrome Ireland.

I must admit to being greatly disappointed by the response of the FAI to me in this matter.As a life long fan, long time season ticket holder ,away travelling fan and someone who has worked for the last fourteen years to raise awareness for the need of an Irish football Museum i was expecting the outcome to this situation to be resolved not only quickly but quietly.

In the week that my FAI Season Ticket arrived to my home it drew my focus onto loyalty. I feel, like many Irish fans that i have been extremely loyal to the Irish team and its sponsors in the past. The FAI have lost a shirt from the Museum and i have given the FAI every opportunity to resolve this matter in the proper manner for a "loyal fan".

Whilst i do sincerely appreciate your offer today of "a signed jersey,probably from the Serbia game" it is not a satisfactory response for me to this matter. As a loyal fan of the Irish team this whole incident and the response from the FAI has soured my feelings in relation to supporting the team.

It is clear that any of my suggestions to resolve this matter thus far have not been listened to or acted upon.

I would request now that the FAI donate the "signed jersey, probably from the Serbia game" officially to Down Syndrome Ireland so that they can raise money to support their continued great work.

Personally i will be returning my Season Ticket for 2016/17 to the FAI in Abbotstown as i sadly will no longer be attending Irish International matches any longer due to this incident. I will still continue to support Irish football by renewing my season ticket every year but the recent events and how it has all been handled has shown to me that my loyalty has not been appreciated.

Respectfully

Eddie

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 12:03pm
f**king outrageous. How many more good fans will be forced out?

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:09pm
eddie if you don't mind me asking, how much was the shirt sold for on done deal?

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:19pm
Sorry but this "museum" thing gets me every time. I'm sorry you got shafted with your jersey but for gods sake its your living room not a museum pal. 

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Sorry but this "museum" thing gets me every time. I'm sorry you got shafted with your jersey but for gods sake its your living room not a museum pal. 

no need to be a t**ser

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:33pm

It's in a living room now, but if it was given the adequate space and location it would be classed as a museum room of Irish soccer history in jerseys. Like they have in many soccer grounds in Ireland, or as you'd refer to them as a f**kin cabinet on the poxy wall of a dump 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 6:20pm

A museum is an institution or a number of individuals that cares for or conserves a collection of artifacts of cultural or historical importance.As of 2010 the traditional model of museums ie static "bricks and mortar" buildings are expanding to include virtual exhibits with high resolution images that people can view,study or appreciate from any place in the world via the Internet.

There will be over 150 unique individual items of Irish International Soccer history on the new museum site which will fully cover the period from 1966 to 2016. These items are all original and where possible have been signed by either the player whose item it was or a teammate from that era. Currently I am only missing 12 styles of shirts worn by the Irish Senior team to cover the entire history of the FAI since its foundation in 1921.

Historical items from Players like Giles,Treacy,Bonner,Whelan,McGrath,Liam Brady,Shay Given,Roy and Robbie Keane,Richard Dunne to name a few will be on display.

Every shirt from every major tournament Ireland have ever played in will feature along with a comprehensive collection of goalkeepers items and official tournament tracksuits/dress suits etc will also feature along with other historical items from our Senior International footballing past.

Currently afaik there is no traditional museum dedicated to Irish football in this country.I am on record as saying that any museum can have full use,at no cost what so ever of all of the exhibits if a suitable public space is secured that could display the items to inspire future generations of Irish fans whilst honoring the great players of the past.

I'm going to call it a museum Bundy if that's ok with yourself!!!

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 7:30pm
I feel for you Eddie , hey don't let them get you down Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

no need to be a t**ser

This is coming from the man who wished Sunderland's team bus got blown up after they beat Newcastle a few years back, hardly surprising a tasteless comment came from him. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

no need to be a t**ser

This is coming from the man who wished Sunderland's team bus got blown up after they beat Newcastle a few years back, hardly surprising a tasteless comment came from him. 
hope your not referring to me!

-------------

Posted By: johnnycee
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:33am
Eddie,
Please don't let this incident take you away from Lansdowne Road for games, we all know how much it means to you. Its about the team not the association.

Drop me a text, I will try and replace a shirt to your satisfaction to help rectify this mess.

JC

-------------
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers

Posted By: DangerHere
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:56am
Originally posted by johnnycee johnnycee wrote:

Eddie,
Please don't let this incident take you away from Lansdowne Road for games, we all know how much it means to you. Its about the team not the association.

Drop me a text, I will try and replace a shirt to your satisfaction to help rectify this mess.

JC

But this just isn't true is it. It is impossible to physically support the team without also financing that absolute pox of an association, short of sitting at home sending out happy happy thoughts.

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 1:26pm
[QUOTE=johnnycee]
Eddie,

JC

Unfortunately that's impossible to seperate the two, you support the team by buying tickets & jerseys then you support the association financially. This is just one of many times the fai have shown no respect for supporters it would be a lot better for Eddie if you as a rep for Umbro asked them for assistance in helping solve this problem and maybe shaming them in to action as your offer while im sure it's appreciated only looks like an apology for them

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 1:41pm
I'd like to say I'm shocked by this but to be honest I'm not typical FAI

One thing is there not a museum in the Stadium? if so you have to wonder why?

I know it's owned by both IRFU and FAI could they not have a joint museum surely it would make more revenue for them then perhaps some exec suite which only gets used at certain times a year (for example Matches).

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 1:55pm
Sad state of affairs but name and shame the individual .

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:56pm

To put it another way,if the new Dalymount Park was opening tomorrow and the proposed Irish football Museum was incorporated in the design plans i would be able to easily fill the Museum with what is in my living room.

Other pieces could then be added by ex players or their extended families as the project grew and could be modified to house individual collections in the future say that of Robbie Keane etc that kids from all over Ireland could visit and be inspired by.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

One thing is there not a museum in the Stadium? if so you have to wonder why?

I know it's owned by both IRFU and FAI could they not have a joint museum surely it would make more revenue for them then perhaps some exec suite which only gets used at certain times a year (for example Matches).

Yeah good point, not sure the IRFU have anything in there either, maybe they have one somewhere else.

Croke Park gets plenty of business through it's historical tour. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:17pm
At a quick glance this is about a quarter of the items that will appear on the new Museum website. There are very few duplicate styles of items so items will cover an exact era/period etc.

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:35pm
If I have picked this up wrong, please correct me.

You got a players shirt and informally gave it to an FAI employee to get signed by the team. This chap didn't respond to you and has left the FAI. Subsequently what appears to be the shirt in question was sold in an online charity auction. The FAI have committed to giving you a signed shirt from the Serbia game.

So my question is what exactly is your expectation of the FAI here? I'm not quite sure what you thought they could do here and seem to have belatedly gone above and beyond what I would expect.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:39pm
Surely this is an issue between yourself and the individual you gave the shirt to

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

If I have picked this up wrong, please correct me.

You got a players shirt and informally gave it to an FAI employee to get signed by the team. This chap didn't respond to you and has left the FAI. Subsequently what appears to be the shirt in question was sold in an online charity auction. The FAI have committed to giving you a signed shirt from the Serbia game.

So my question is what exactly is your expectation of the FAI here? I'm not quite sure what you thought they could do here and seem to have belatedly gone above and beyond what I would expect.

Firstly, it wasnt given to an FAI employee informally.It was hand delivered to them at their place of work in Abbotstown.

Secondly the FAI staff member lied to me in writing about them still being in possession of the shirt in May as it had been sold in April on Done Deal.

"What appears to be the shirt" actually is the shirt.There is no doubt about that.

The sale on Done Deal was a private sale from a person who claimed the shirt had been given directly by the FAI to Down Syndrome Ireland.The FAI and Down Syndrome Ireland have no record of this ever occurring.

The shirt that went missing whilst in the FAI possession was from the England game in Dublin. This was the first game against them since the riots in 1995 in Dublin and as such in the context of the Museum project i had asked them to source what i felt was a suitable replacement piece. A Serbia shirt in the context of the Museum project is not a suitable replacement in my mind.

Any cost to the FAI(if any) of replacing the shirt would have been the same, the only difference would have been that they took into account and acknowledged their error and went a bit out of their way to make it right.

I have still to receive an explanation as to what happened my shirt. Again,i offered to leave that aspect up to them if they just sorted the right shirt out for me.

Again this would only have taken maybe a phonecall or two. But those calls were not made.I have had to keep chasing the FAI as opposed to them coming to me straight away and saying "what will make this right?"

As i said the FAI can now donate the "signed jersey probably from the Serbia game" to Down Syndrome Ireland on my behalf and hopefully they raise a good few bob for it as they are a fantastic charity.

I guess i had expected after following the team all over the world for the last 18 years that the FAI might have shown a bit more respect to a "loyal supporter" to rectify what was 100% their error.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

Surely this is an issue between yourself and the individual you gave the shirt to

The person involved no longer works for the FAI but communicated to me in May that the shirt was still in their possession. It has been proven to the FAI that it was in fact sold at the start of April.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:06pm
The million dollar question ... How much is a Aiden MC Geady signed shirt worth ?

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:12pm

Firstly, it wasnt given to an FAI employee informally.It was hand delivered to them at their place of work in Abbotstown.

Secondly the FAI staff member lied to me in writing about them still being in possession of the shirt in May as it had been sold in April on Done Deal.

"What appears to be the shirt" actually is the shirt.There is no doubt about that.

The sale on Done Deal was a private sale from a person who claimed the shirt had been given directly by the FAI to Down Syndrome Ireland.The FAI and Down Syndrome Ireland have no record of this ever occurring.

The shirt that went missing whilst in the FAI possession was from the England game in Dublin. This was the first game against them since the riots in 1995 in Dublin and as such in the context of the Museum project i had asked them to source what i felt was a suitable replacement piece. A Serbia shirt in the context of the Museum project is not a suitable replacement in my mind.

Any cost to the FAI(if any) of replacing the shirt would have been the same, the only difference would have been that they took into account and acknowledged their error and went a bit out of their way to make it right.

I have still to receive an explanation as to what happened my shirt. Again,i offered to leave that aspect up to them if they just sorted the right shirt out for me.

Again this would only have taken maybe a phonecall or two. But those calls were not made.I have had to keep chasing the FAI as opposed to them coming to me straight away and saying "what will make this right?"

As i said the FAI can now donate the "signed jersey probably from the Serbia game" to Down Syndrome Ireland on my behalf and hopefully they raise a good few bob for it as they are a fantastic charity.

I guess i had expected after following the team all over the world for the last 18 years that the FAI might have shown a bit more respect to a "loyal supporter" to rectify what was 100% their error.

But my question is what was your arrangement with this person? Were they doing you a 'favour' or officially acting on behalf of the FAI? The distinction may not mean much to you but to me its fairly critical. I still don't see why you believe the FAI as an institution are responsible for this persons actions and are under any obligation to you. What are they making right? If this guy worked in an FAI sponsor and claimed to have an in to the squad would you be blaming his employers if he did this?

If an FAI staff member stated they had possession when they didn't, I agree here. That is curious and could be construed as admitting liability.

-------------

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:14pm
How much did the FAI charge you for the shirt originally, Irelandshirts?

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:23pm

But my question is what was your arrangement with this person? Were they doing you a 'favour' or officially acting on behalf of the FAI? The distinction may not mean much to you but to me its fairly critical. I still don't see why you believe the FAI as an institution are responsible for this persons actions and are under any obligation to you. What are they making right? If this guy worked in an FAI sponsor and claimed to have an in to the squad would you be blaming his employers if he did this?

If an FAI staff member stated they had possession when they didn't, I agree here. That is curious and could be construed as admitting liability.

All of my contacts with the FAI employee were directly thru their official FAI email address. The shirt was handed to them at their official place of work during normal working hours. I never met this person either socially or alone outside of their official working capacity with the FAI nor did i know them prior to them taking up employment with the FAI.

The key thing here is the confirmation in May that the item was still in their possession.The shirt was sold in April so may have "gone missing" in January,February,March. This was either a genuine unfortunate oversight or a lie as they could not locate the shirt and knew they were leaving their employment with the FAI soon after.

All efforts i am told to contact this individual since they left the FAI have come to nothing.The reason i am being general and holding the FAI to account is that i have already said it would not be fair on my part to publically name current or ex staff members of the FAI whom i have dealt with on this as they do not have a right of reply and deserve to have their good names respected.

If they had let me know in January,February,March that they couldnt find the shirt i would not have minded. We all make mistakes. I would also have been able to alert websites/auction houses etc that my shirt was missing and may have been able to stop the sale or recover the shirt. The chance could also have been given to me to possibly secure a Euro 2016 shirt for the Museum as a replacement from the FAI.

Once the FAI agreed to replace the shirt i felt, that given the circumstances surrounding the incident and the nature of the shirt that was misplaced with regard to the Museum that it would be very easy for them just to try and source me a suitable shirt. If there was no additional cost to the FAI in terms of what 1 shirt would cost them financially then it was only a matter of a small bit of goodwill on their behalf to try and look after my request?

Again i felt that as a "loyal fan", as they remind me when i renew my season ticket etc that it wouldnt have been a big deal to try and fix. The gas thing is i stressed when i contacted the FAI initially that this could be resolved very quickly and very quietly. They chose not to.

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 7:45pm
Name and shame ,only job Clap

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 8:05pm

no need to be a t**ser

Obviously not mate LOL

Bundy Angry

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:04pm

no need to be a t**ser

Obviously not mate LOL

Bundy Angry

Relax lads will yee

No offence Eddie but they're just hoping you'll eventually go away. Either step it up a notch or forget about it. If it were me I'd be naming the individual, who cares if he can't defend himself - he didn't have much thought for you. With social media it shouldn't be hard to track him down & get a proper explanation.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:05pm
Talk to Joe

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:28pm
I reckon Ali could make one of those

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: richie_os
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:36pm

-------------
(San Marino) I think i'd settle for the draw.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by richie_os richie_os wrote:

What was so wrong you edited the post Richie

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:42pm
I have moved on.My shirt is gone and I wont be getting it back.

I have asked the FAI to donate on my behalf the "signed shirt probably from Serbia" to Down Syndrome Ireland to help them raise much needed funds.I just hope the FAI actually listen to me this time.

I returned all my Season Tickets to the FAI today including my unused 2016/17 ticket.I wont be attending anymore games in Lansdowne Road.

I wont be naming anyone individual from the FAI that has been involved in this as two wrongs don't make a right. I know I have acted properly at all times in relation to this matter.

Its not just about the jersey.f**k the jersey.Its about my entire adult life travelling around the world supporting the team,like 1000s of others have done.Not for any other reason than we love it.Its about a tiny little bit of recognition for years of loyalty.

Its about someone in the FAI putting a face to a season ticket and showing some common sense and saying "Jesus we f**ked up here,lets make this right".

One phone call could have quickly and amicably resolved this in two minutes but the FAI never made that call.They showed me exactly how much they appreciate a fans loyalty to both them and their sponsors.

-------------

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:54pm
Eddie, it sounds to me like a classic case of no-one having the balls to break the bad news, 'sh*t, I'm not touching that', 'you tell him', 'no, you tell him'. Happens in a lot of places unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from and it's shameful and a proper redress is needed but don't be too stubborn...

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: richie_os
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by richie_os richie_os wrote:

What was so wrong you edited the post Richie

I think there was an error, i got a message saying my forum access was suspended but it seems to be restored now.

On topic its a disgrace that the FAI seem to be once again squirming their way out of a situation that they should be held accountable for. I can only imagine the frustration

-------------
(San Marino) I think i'd settle for the draw.

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 7:54am
I'm all for a bit of fai bashing, but agree with rovertilidie on this one.

Don't you manage to source some of your Jersies through the fai over the years? And do you get them for free? (Some of them anyway?). Sure if the odd one or two go missing in process, so be it, expected collateral damage!

Tbh I'd love to get free signed players jersies myself!

Not having a go as its a nice collection you've built up and it's nice to see someone's hobby keeping some sort of record of them all. Will look great when put all together

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 8:10am
This is not FAI "bashing".Ive posted here a long time and have been critical of the FAI on some issues and supportive of them in other issues.

Out of the 150 or so items in the Museum only THREE have been "sourced" directly from the FAI.

Some items have been donated by players or their family members but 80% I have sourced myself and paid for myself out of my own money.

So no I do not get "free signed jerseys" from the FAI.

**In return when someone has donated a shirt I have then in turn donated an amount of money of their choice to a charity they have nominated so the Irish Cancer Society and Barnardos Ireland are two recent ones that spring to mind.**

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I'm all for a bit of fai bashing, but agree with rovertilidie on this one.

Don't you manage to source some of your Jersies through the fai over the years? And do you get them for free? (Some of them anyway?). Sure if the odd one or two go missing in process, so be it, expected collateral damage!

Tbh I'd love to get free signed players jersies myself!

Not having a go as its a nice collection you've built up and it's nice to see someone's hobby keeping some sort of record of them all. Will look great when put all together

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 8:40am
My advise is not to get this go. Don't let the FAI brush this issue aside.

Keep at them until you get a satisfactory result.

Get John Delaney involved.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 9:34am

My advise is not to get this go. Don't let the FAI brush this issue aside.

Keep at them until you get a satisfactory result.

Get John Delaney involved.

Definitely should

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 5:58pm
Sadly i received no response at all from the FAI to my email of the 31st August.

I also returned all my season tickets along with my current unused season ticket from this campaign to the FAI. No response either.

I couldnt be bothered to take it any further as it is just wasted energy.20 years of "loyalty" to the team and their sponsors and Senior Managers and Senior staff at the FAI wouldnt make one phone call to their kit supplier of 22 years to try and resolve the situation for me.

Over a f**king jersey.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:54pm
I received a letter from the FAI on the 12th September after i returned my past and current Season Tickets.Even at that stage i did not genuinely think that this whole saga could get any worse. I was proven very wrong.

For the second time an employee of the FAI has lied to me. I am reminded of the line about "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

The first time was in May 2016 when they told me that "the shirt was still in their possession just waiting to be signed" . I have since shown them that the shirt could not have been with them in May as they said as it was sold on DoneDeal.ie in April.

After much discussion(which was totally avoidable if the FAI had just listened to me in the first instance) an agreed resolution to the matter was reached on the 20th September. This gave the FAI over 2 weeks to even start to get the wheels in motion for the replacement Irish shirt that i had requested.

I must admit i had imagined that given all the hassle over something so simple as a replacement Ireland shirt that a call would have been put in to Umbro by the very senior FAI staff member i was dealing with on the 20th September to mark it as urgent with Umbro, as the Georgia game was coming up and as things stood i would not be attending it.

On the afternoon of the Georgia game i contacted the Senior FAI employee by email at 4pm asking for an update as to the status of the replacement shirt. I was told the "shirt was 100% ordered,that the FAI were chasing it regularly and that the delay was with Umbro".

I must admit after just relaunching the Museum and with the prospect of missing another home game i was very frustrated that it was taking so long to organise a jersey. I contacted Umbro on Twitter asking was there any special reason for the delay. Umbro came back to me to say that they had received no order or communication from the FAI on the issue in any way shape or form.

At 6.30pm on Thursday 6th September an hour before kick off, the FAI offered me a ticket to the Georgia game with their compliments. I already had a ticket for the match. It was sitting on their desk. I was told by the FAI staff member "that if i really wanted to attend the game i should have asked for my Ticket back". Why would i ask for my ticket back, that i had sent back to the FAI in protest when the matter was still unresolved.

Again i contacted the FAI for clarification and was this time given a name of an Umbro employee with which they said the shirt had been ordered. Yesterday Umbro came back to me to say that basically it was only at half time at the Georgia game on the 6th October that an FAI employee verbally asked an Umbro employee for the replacement jersey.I am told this was the first contact between the FAI and Umbro on the matter.

So for a second time the FAI have clearly lied to me on this matter.

It gets better. Umbro came back to me yesterday to say that the jersey the FAI had agreed to supply me with and only verbally requested from Umbro at the Georgia game actually cannot now be supplied at all.

The tone of the email from the FAI staff member on the afternoon of the 6th left alot to be desired and was patronizing. Follow on phone calls from the FAI were made over the weekend and assured me that the matter was in hand and i agreed to let the matter run its course. That was until it was confirmed that no resolution is in sight now.

For me know it has gone way beyond the lost jersey. I have dealt with three very Senior FAI staff members, one of whom by the way took the time to inform me of his competency to resolve the matter by citing his professional academic qualifications.

How many college graduates does it take to pick up a phone and order an Ireland jersey was my response to him?? The answer so far by the way is 2 and counting.

I take absolutely no pleasure in raising this issue again but at every turn it has just gotten worse and worse and reflects very badly on the Association and how they treat their loyal fans.

-------------

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 2:03pm
It's an absolute disgrace, once again a loyal and dedicated fan is being treated like a piece of sh*t, they should be ashamed of themselves!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 3:01pm
Fair play for posting the update.

It just shows to show you how much contempt the FAI have for you and fans in general.

I'd bring them to court on principle and expose them for what they are.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 3:36pm

It just shows to show you how much contempt the FAI have for you and fans in general.

I'd agree with hb. It seems that you have all the correspondence so go see what a solicitor has to say.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:47pm

What law do you think they have broken? The being disorganised or ignoring a head wrecker act of 1949?

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:49pm
LOL

Poor form all the same from them.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:57pm
I agree its poor form. But I still think it wasn't their problem. Once they took on to make it better, they should have though.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:10pm

What law do you think they have broken? The being disorganised or ignoring a head wrecker act of 1949?
Can this w**ker be fcked back into the i know nothing about rovers thread mods

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: opa01
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:26pm

I have dealt with three very Senior FAI staff members, one of whom by the way took the time to inform me of his competency to resolve the matter by citing his professional academic qualifications.

He didn't claim to be a member of the Chartered Accountants of Ireland by any chance?

-------------
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:27pm
They took possession of a jersey belonging to irelandshirts. They had an obligation to return it, either signed or not, hardly matters.

When it was lost, they had an obligation to make things right again, and agreed to give a new shirt.

They appear to have failed completely in that obligation, without any good reason either.

The transparent lying just exacerbates matters, regardless of who's fault it is.

It's not criminal, but there are civil laws governing these things.

Them's the laws they've quite possibly broken.

They're not blameless, anyway.

-------------

Posted By: Peter Stöger
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by de scientist de scientist wrote:

Get a life mate and get over it.

Have a wank with ur favourite Jersey and go for a pint.

Your a grown man ffs bitching about a jersey

+1 time to move on 

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:30pm
Did I not see Johnny from Umbro saying on other thread he gonna sort this out ?

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:35pm
I will 100% agree that i am as, RTID said a "wreck the head" and as da scientist said masturbation and a beer would also help but i have put my heart and soul for the last 14 years into the Museum project.

When the shirt originally went missing the FAI had a chance to just be honest and tell me it was gone and then offer to replace it. Problem solved. They didnt.

Then i approached the first senior FAI staff member who could also have ordered a replacement jersey.Problem solved. They didnt.

Then i contacted the second senior FAI staff member who could also have ordered a replacement jersey. Problem solved. They didnt.

Then i was contacted by the third senior FAI staff member who told me he had ordered a replacement jersey. Problem solved. They didnt.

Literally ONE phonecall/email in the last 6 months is all this could/would/should have taken from any of the three senior FAI staff members i dealt with to somebody senior in Umbro Ireland requesting a jersey and that would have solved this issue, quickly and quietly.

Like many folks on YBIG i would consider myself a loyal supporter of the team for many years and by extension their sponsors. It is very easy to say "let it go" and "get over it" but that is missing the point.

I can only compare myself to what i would see as a loyal, regular customer of the company i work for. If we let down a customer of mine i would go out of my way to try make the matter right for them. As i said before a bit of common sense,empathy and urgency go along way resolving any situation and all these things cost nothing.

Even when i returned my Season Tickets in frustration there was no urgency in their response. Sure they had my money already who cares if he doesent go to the rest of the games. f**k him.

It just showed to me how much my loyalty thru out the years was appreciated.

-------------

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:46pm
Goodman irelandshirts, don't listen to those other 2 idiots and fair play for sticking to your guns. It's a thing of principle as well as labour of love, so you have every right to feel aggrieved and let down by a body that should be going out of their way to facilitate and thank you. Keep us all posted in here about any developments and f**k the naysayers. Thumbs Up

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Yea pretty sure I seen that as well . Hopefully this getts sorted out soon as possiable by them.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:00pm
So the fai are useless and they shaft loyal supporters, they then make up stories to cover up their mistakes.

I must be back in 1994 , 2002, 2007, 2009 or 2014

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Yea pretty sure I seen that as well . Hopefully this getts sorted out soon as possiable by them.

In fairness to Umbro it was a problem not of their making so why should they have to resolve it.

Again just ONE phonecall/email from the FAI to Umbro is all that this should have taken to resolve it. For some reason that contact was never made.

-------------

Posted By: Peter Stöger
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:13pm
I can't help but feel there are bigger problems in the world today than a bleeding replacement jersey Confused

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

So the fai are useless and they shaft loyal supporters, they then make up stories to cover up their mistakes.

That is the bottom line RM

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

I can't help but feel there are bigger problems in the world today than a bleeding replacement jersey Confused

There are tonnes of bigger problems in the world Peter. This is a selfish first world problem of mine.I cant disagree with you at all. Over a pint i can bend your ear about the other things that annoy the sh*te out of me but i try and stick to my support for the Irish football team on an Irish football fans forum.

-------------

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:50pm
stick to your guns IS, they want you to drop it

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net