Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"MISSING" IRELAND SHIRT.LET DOWN BY FAI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "MISSING" IRELAND SHIRT.LET DOWN BY FAI
    Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:08am
An Irish shirt from the Museum has gone "missing". It was given by me to someone with direct access to the Irish team to have signed by Aiden McGeady late in 2015. I physically have not seen it since then.I hope there is an innocent explanation as to where it is now but i cannot contact the person i gave it too to confirm if they still have it.

It is a short sleeved no 7 shirt from Aiden McGeady from the friendly v England in Dublin in 2015.(pictured). When i had it, the shirt was unsigned. It may well have been signed by the entire Irish squad since then. It is rare to see a shirt like this, especially as McGeady prefers to wear long sleeved.

If anyone sees this shirt or has any information about it i would really appreciate if you could contact me at irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

Edited by irelandshirts - 31 Aug 2016 at 12:27pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:38pm
Was this done through the forum? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:43pm
Not like McGeady to go missing in an Ireland shirt..

All Jokes aside hope that it's found
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:59pm
The shirt was given by me personally to a member of the FAI staff that look after the Senior team in late 2015.

The shirt,i am told remained unsigned thru out 2016 and i contacted them at various times looking for an update. I was told it was in hand. The last confirmation being on the 10th May 2016 that it would get done.

It has come to my attention now thanks to Ybiggers that a very similar shirt, that was signed, was sold on DoneDeal.ie on the 2nd April 2016.

Take a look at the picture.The top one is my shirt BEFORE it was given to the FAI,the bottom one was sold on DoneDeal.

No doubt in my mind that is my shirt. Look at the angle of the crest, the placement of the match details/flags and number. Even look at the crease in the collar.

The staff member in question no longer works for the FAI and did not reply to me after the 10th May 2016 or even now even tho i am told their contact details are the same.

It has also been stated to me that the shirt was sold after having been "won" at a raffle for a certain charity but i have contacted the charity and they have no record of receiving funds for this. I believe it was sold for a very high price also.

I am not saying that the shirt was deliberately "lost or taken" or that the ex-employee did anything wrong but the fact is that the shirt now cannot be located by the FAI and i think i was lied to about its location all along,instead of just telling me and being honest about it. I have spent the last two weeks privately trying to resolve this matter with the FAI with no success.

ALL I WANT IS THE SHIRT BACK.

I have spent the last 14 years trying to preserve aspects of our footballing history for future generations to enjoy and promote the concept of a football museum in this country,NOT FOR MONEY, but because i believe that it can and will inspire future generations. The FAI should have been doing this all along themselves in any event.

I even raised the issue of doing a book for Charity with the FAI that would have involved minimum input from the FAI but again their LACK of response was uninspiring if not unsurprising.

I am now informed by the Gardai that i will have to issue civil legal proceedings against the FAI to try and get the matter resolved as Data Protection laws mean DoneDeal.ie will not release info unless they have a Gardai request.

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:10pm
Did you pay for the shirt?
Chips don't bounce
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Did you pay for the shirt?

Irrelevant if it was paid for or gifted . The chap owned it and it was given in good faith .
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:28pm
Am I right in saying that the person you gave the shirt to is the now ex employee, and the person you were dealing with all along?

From what you say, its a simple matter of theft, but legally as you gave the shirt in good faith, it may be impossible to do anything about it.

either way best of luck in getting it back. 
I know nothing :-)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Am I right in saying that the person you gave the shirt to is the now ex employee, and the person you were dealing with all along?

From what you say, its a simple matter of theft, but legally as you gave the shirt in good faith, it may be impossible to do anything about it.
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">either way best of luck in getting it back. </span>

Yes it was the same and only person I was dealing with.they have now left the Fai.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:31pm
FFS what a fooking asswipe, doing that on ya Eddie.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

FFS what a fooking asswipe, doing that on ya Eddie.

I don't believe it was done with intent FW but I feel they knew it was "misplaced" long before they confirmed it to me today. But again only after I had to chase them for two weeks.

I made it clear i didn't want to air the matter publicly but I don't feel this was handled well and I feel very let down by the FAI to be honest.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:27pm
Shocking
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:57pm
Just text them saying that you are going to put their name out there in the public and you have no other choice unless they want to help you retrieve the jersey . After all someone has profited from the jersey . Put the issue on FAI FB page and the Irish supporters FB page . I'm sure there are plenty of eyes wTching who know something about it . If tried to do it the decent way . some times you just got to get tough with people .
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">either way best of luck in getting it back. </span>

Yes it was the same and only person I was dealing with.they have now left the Fai.

very difficult one 

i would imagine that even if the FAI know who took the shirt, they would need a high level of proof to do anything.

maybe SD can clarify the legal position of an employer in a case like this.

it doesnt change the fact that its a scummy thing whoever did it, is there anyway of tracing the seller through previous ads, or the purchaser of the shirt

I know nothing :-)
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:39am
The shirt was lost in the fai's care.

It is well within the powers of the FAI to stump up an alternative shirt, or even a better shirt for any false stringalong that happened that made the situation worse and harder to resolve.

Its not like you have just walked off the street and claimed someone robbed your shirt. They know you, they know they had the shirt, and now they're ducking for cover.

You have gone above and beyond to give them a chance to sort it amicably and in private. I wouldn't have that level of restraint, so fair play. It makes them look even worse now - its one thing to mess up once (losing the shirt), another thing to drag heels and string along (saying the shirt was there), and another further still to fail to meaningfully engage when things finally come to a head.

I'd say it is shameful behaviour, but alas someone without shame cannot be shamed.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 8:51am
I'd be trying my best to get on to the person you originally gave it to and threatening them with legal action. Could be a case for Judge Judy
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:14am
Was this a real physical museum? Was it hanging on a wall on display and then suddenly ended up on donedeal?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Was this a real physical museum? Was it hanging on a wall on display and then suddenly ended up on donedeal?

Yes its a real physical museum !!!!'Museums enable people to explore collections for inspiration, learning and enjoyment. They are institutions that collect, safeguard and make accessible artifacts and specimens, which they hold in trust for society.'

Its housed for the moment in my front room whilst a "bricks and mortar" location is found to allow public access to it.

Its contents are currently being professionally photographed to update and expand the old website:

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

I physically gave the shirt to the FAI staff member to have the shirt signed by Aiden McGeady. I have spent the last 5 years having all the items signed by either the player whos item it was or else a player who featured in that game.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:51am
Go to the individual and threaten to name and shame...... social media is a powerful tool.

The FAI is a tricky one as I'm sure you want to maintain a good relationship with them. I know they have acted poorly but maybe best not to publicly question them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic