You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:44am
We haven't had a creative player since Hoolahan and none are in the making either, which is depressing.
But they are not all plodders ether and the hope is SK can get them setup to get the best out of them.  

Players like Hourihane and Knight have shown they can score from midfield, even if our strikers have all struggled of late.

Hate to say it but I'd like us to setup with McCarthy and Cullen holding the centre in Serbia and try take a point from a dour draw and move on.
Sponsored Links

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

We haven't had a creative player since Hoolahan and none are in the making either, which is depressing.
But they are not all plodders ether and the hope is SK can get them setup to get the best out of them.  

Players like Hourihane and Knight have shown they can score from midfield, even if our strikers have all struggled of late.

Hate to say it but I'd like us to setup with McCarthy and Cullen holding the centre in Serbia and try take a point from a dour draw and move on.
Sadly I think that is our best bet beat Luxembourg and have 4 points in the bag go from there
I didn’t see any seeds of encouragement re creating more chances than we had under o Neill or McCarthy with the exception of the playoff game
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:48pm
In the Indo today says Mipo wants to play for Ireland and he wanted to play in u17s Euros but Man Utd wouldnt let him but he felt that FAI didnt do enough to get him released, also says his omission from squads is down to omission from FAI side rather than him declining, that is a shocker if true the kid has been absoloutley banging them in for Utd and West Ham under age. 

Lets hope he gets picked in next 21s squad.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 11 Feb 2021 at 7:49pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:58pm
Saw a post on social media by some randomer who said that he deleted all his Ireland posts and unfollowed the FAI etc..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

In the Indo today says Mipo wants to play for Ireland and he wanted to play in u17s Euros but Man Utd wouldnt let him but he felt that FAI didnt do enough to get him released, also says his omission from squads is down to omission from FAI side rather than him declining, that is a shocker if true the kid has been absoloutley banging them in for Utd and West Ham under age. 

Any link?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Saw a post on social media by some randomer who said that he deleted all his Ireland posts and unfollowed the FAI etc..

I reckon that was more to do with deleting all his posts with Utd etc and starting a fresh when he moved to West Ham .

Here is link to article, behind a pay wall though.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 11 Feb 2021 at 8:21pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It’s been mentioned about 5/6 times on here.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:47pm
Lots of these young lads tend to take the likes of been omitted from squads not to well and over react, nearly always through social media, and then delete loads of junk when that kind of crap is pointed out to them.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:50pm
Good response from Odubeko here re: his game at Man U :
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Lots of these young lads tend to take the likes of been omitted from squads not to well and over react, nearly always through social media, and then delete loads of junk when that kind of crap is pointed out to them.

He deleted them because he fell out with a couple of underage managers. 
It's thought Ireland is who he wants to play for. Apparently he has a bit of an attitude so will need to be well managed
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:24pm
I think obafemi has a similar attitude problem also, or so I’m told.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:26pm

Kids these days, wha
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Kids these days, wha
Molly coddled I tells ya LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:01pm
Good that he wants to play for us anyway. Jim Crawford seems keen on him, get him into the Under 21 setup and we can see how he goes from there.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:51pm

Down to omission from FAI fits with what I said the other week that I was told from my Irish Manchester United connection a couple years ago. Himself and Sotona weren’t favoured or rated highly in the Irish camp. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Down to omission from FAI fits with what I said the other week that I was told from my Irish Manchester United connection a couple years ago. Himself and Sotona weren’t favoured or rated highly in the Irish camp. 

Scary thing is that both were highly rated at Man Utd as a Utd fan the vibes were pretty good on both.

Sotona actually training with the Nice first team in recent days. Reserve football banned in France which is frustrating for him.

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Feb 2021 at 11:11pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 2:48am

Makes him sound quite the prima donna if that was the case. Also makes no sense when Charlie McCann from Man U was playing the the very same tournament for us. Didn't Dan McDonnell keep arguing Grealish would end up playing for us?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 2:17pm
Interesting to see if Mipo makes the squad later.
Would be good for the lad not to be banished to the reserves after the ManU match. Sure, he has lots to learn but that would be a tough one on his confidence.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 32>
  Share Topic