Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57701
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Mipo Odubeko
Posted By: You Tell Me
Subject: Mipo Odubeko
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:12am
"He'd swim across the sea to play for Ireland".

I hope he's right.

https://www.the42.ie/mipo-odubeko-5331631-Jan2021/" rel="nofollow - https://www.the42.ie/mipo-odubeko-5331631-Jan2021/

Replies:
Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:17am
Always remember one of his underage coaches here telling me he had an attitude problem. That was just before he left for the UK. Hopefully it was knocked out of him over there

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Always remember one of his underage coaches here telling me he had an attitude problem. That was just before he left for the UK. Hopefully it was knocked out of him over there

Gimme a break with this nonsense.
Same crap spouted about Obafemi and Connolly and others.

I'd argue that many elite athletes have an 'attitude problem' as they need to be different to the rest of us to get where they are going.
As a striker, he needs to be selfish, greedy and self-centered. More power to him if it gets him to the top.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Gimme a break with this nonsense.
Same crap spouted about Obafemi and Connolly and others.

I'd argue that many elite athletes have an 'attitude problem' as they need to be different to the rest of us to get where they are going.
As a striker, he needs to be selfish, greedy and self-centered. More power to him if it gets him to the top.

what are you sh*tting on about? A pal of mine coached him in the ddsl. He had a terrible attitude. These are bad habits that are hard to shake off. Not going into the details that he shared with me

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:26am
He's probably swim back twice as quick if England came calling!

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What are guy basing that on? 

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:36pm

what are you sh*tting on about? A pal of mine coached him in the ddsl. He had a terrible attitude. These are bad habits that are hard to shake off. Not going into the details that he shared with me

Fair enough and I'm not doubting your story but to make it as a pro in a PL team means he must be doing something right.  Bad attitude or not.

I think we should reserve judgments to when we see him on the pitch.
And, hopefully, in an Ireland jersey if he's good enough.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:49pm

Did you see him play in the DDSL? If so, was he the standout player at his age group? It’s weird that he sort of flew under the radar a bit but maybe there was lots of talk about him but I wasn’t aware of it. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

My humorous mood.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:55pm

As his names not Murphy.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Did you see him play in the DDSL? If so, was he the standout player at his age group? It’s weird that he sort of flew under the radar a bit but maybe there was lots of talk about him but I wasn’t aware of it. 
Only saw him twice when he played for Crumlin. They weren’t a great side so he wasn’t in it much. They were playing balls into the channels for him. Would be unfair for me to rate him on that!

-------------

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:42pm
A positive negative

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/west-ham-boss-david-moyes-in-the-dark-over-irish-striker-odubekos-covid-dilemma-39999387.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/west-ham-boss-david-moyes-in-the-dark-over-irish-striker-odubekos-covid-dilemma-39999387.html

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Only saw him twice when he played for Crumlin. They weren’t a great side so he wasn’t in it much. They were playing balls into the channels for him. Would be unfair for me to rate him on that!

👍

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Rodgeb
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:23pm
Does the Ryan Johansson ruling not mean that a player can only switch to a nation he is eligible for at the time he played for the first country? So for example unless he had a UK or Nigeria passport at the time Odubeko first played u-17 for Ireland he would not have the option to switch?? Saying that there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is considering switching. They  seem to love him already on the West Ham forums, would be great if he lives up to the hype 

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:18pm
Same age group as Troy Parrott I'm pretty sure. 

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:19pm
The rules have changed since the Johansson thing. Also Odubeko has never played competitively for us.

Basically he could play for England once he has been there for five years - possibly he has been there that long already. 

We just need to call him up to the next under 21 squad, show that we're keen to keep him and hope for the best.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Same age group as Troy Parrott I'm pretty sure. 
correct

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

We just need to call him up to the next under 21 squad, show that we're keen to keep him and hope for the best.

Definitely this.
We may have U21 games in March but if not, the next window is not until next season.
We should find out next week after the draw.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:13pm

My humorous mood.

Doesn't really matter what his underage coach a half-decade ago thinks, unfortunately. If you asked me am I confident about pulling tonight, I'd respond with an emphatic yes despite going home alone 99 times out of a 100.

We'll find out in a few months where his head is at, but all the signs are pointing towards another Okoflex situation.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

My humorous mood.

Doesn't really matter what his underage coach a half-decade ago thinks, unfortunately. If you asked me am I confident about pulling tonight, I'd respond with an emphatic yes despite going home alone 99 times out of a 100.

We'll find out in a few months where his head is at, but all the signs are pointing towards another Okoflex situation.

Those are very poor riding stats . If you’re heading out once a week on average, that equates to getting your hole every second year. Pull your socks up son.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm

My humorous mood.

What signs?

Do you believe this in every case regarding black Irish men?  

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

My humorous mood.

What signs?

I said the same thing about Grealish and Rice and I'd say the same thing about Hodge and Okoflex. It has nothing to do with race and it's really crass and tacky when people bring that up in an effort to shut down conversation about dual-eligible footballers. Maybe you're obsessed with people's skin colour but I'm not. Personally I'd argue that for a nation that loves to claim every person with a drop of Irish blood as Irish, we have this weird thing about ignoring the African lineage of lads like Ogbene, Okoflex and Odubeko, as if the possibility of them not feeling 100% Irish is completely out of the question simply because they were born or spent 10 or 11 years of their life here - ignoring the fact some of them [Odubeko] have spent their formative teenage years in England. God knows if we had an English-born player move to Carlow when he was 12, lads would be jumping on the possibility of him playing for us.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm

The rules have changed since the Johansson thing. Also Odubeko has never played competitively for us.

Basically he could play for England once he has been there for five years - possibly he has been there that long already. 

Imagine hearing a Tallaght accent wearing the three Lions......the ultimate slap in the face

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:46pm
Well, we've had a full blown cockney gor-blimey like Andy Townsend captaining the men in green. But his granny was Beatrice Brown from Kerry, so that's all right then.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:15pm
Well we've never had anyone solely because they lived here a few years.....apart from Bundi Aki............those rugger boys are all West Brits anyway

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:37pm
Is he not irish? Does nationality mean nothing to people these days?

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Is he not irish? Does nationality mean nothing to people these days?

And how do you apply that rule to the English born lads who have worn green  ?   Out of interest 

He's Irish born, of Nigerian parents who possibly has an England option through having grown up there plenty too. He's whatever he says he is. His life and parentage have given him career options and that's that. Whether we like it or not. Hopefully he goes green.

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:38am
Doesn't seem to be any reason to think he won’t accept a call up. Happy to just tune this one out until something happens

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: Englishborn
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:58am
don't worry Nigeria will be in for him like they are in for every non Nigerian born player

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

don't worry Nigeria will be in for him like they are in for every non Nigerian born player

Harry Kane turn them down?

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:20am

And why wouldn't they?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:26am

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

My humorous mood.

What signs?

I said the same thing about Grealish and Rice and I'd say the same thing about Hodge and Okoflex. It has nothing to do with race and it's really crass and tacky when people bring that up in an effort to shut down conversation about dual-eligible footballers. Maybe you're obsessed with people's skin colour but I'm not. Personally I'd argue that for a nation that loves to claim every person with a drop of Irish blood as Irish, we have this weird thing about ignoring the African lineage of lads like Ogbene, Okoflex and Odubeko, as if the possibility of them not feeling 100% Irish is completely out of the question simply because they were born or spent 10 or 11 years of their life here - ignoring the fact some of them [Odubeko] have spent their formative teenage years in England. God knows if we had an English-born player move to Carlow when he was 12, lads would be jumping on the possibility of him playing for us.

Rice - English born
Hodge - English born 
Grealish - English born

Odubeko - born and raised in Dublin, hardly the same, albeit I do agree on your point about the contradiction about us claiming second generation lads and ignoring it for these lads. 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:13am

And why wouldn't they?

The vast majority won't be eligible for them.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And why wouldn't they?

Why not?

In this case, his parents are from Nigeria.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 1:24pm
Obviously, Nigeria focuses on players with Nigerian lineage - and there are a lot. They have a very sophisticated camp structure for recruiting players and integrating them. I’m not sure how successful it has been overall, but the intent is there. And the fans are all over tracking the diaspora.

Their disadvantage is that their international calendar conflicts with the domestic calendar for players based in Europe. I guess that’s not appealing for young players who are starting their careers.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And why wouldn't they?

Why not?

In this case, his parents are from Nigeria.

Because the vast majority of "non Nigerian born player" won't be eligible for Nigeria. Basic demographics.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Obviously, Nigeria focuses on players with Nigerian lineage - and there are a lot. They have a very sophisticated camp structure for recruiting players and integrating them. I’m not sure how successful it has been overall, but the intent is there. And the fans are all over tracking the diaspora.

Their disadvantage is that their international calendar conflicts with the domestic calendar for players based in Europe. I guess that’s not appealing for young players who are starting their careers.

Any Irish born lad with Nigerian parents have opted to play for us. You really can’t knock them. 

I’d be far more understanding of them opting to play for Nigeria as they would be raised to have real loyalty to their own roots then I would the likes of Will Keane Dan Crowley Declan Rice etc who played for us dumped us and in the former 2s cases came running back when they realised they weren’t playing for England. That’s charlatan behaviour.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:02pm
yeah, not knocking anyone. Glad to see Idah, Afolabi, et al in green

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:12pm
No no fair enough and I meant Rice Keane Crowley etc as charlatan behaviour not you 😂

I think a lot of us are paranoid over the Rice/Grealish situation but you can’t use that as a stick to beat other lads with. 

Obafemi suffered from that with Martin O’Neill making such a big deal of it Obafemi and his agent had to come out with statements declaring they were desperate to play for Ireland. 

There’s an element of that with Smallbone too despite him saying specifically his target was to break through further for Southampton and hopefully with that following Shane and Micheál into the international team. What more can you ask of him. 

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Any Irish born lad with Nigerian parents have opted to play for us. You really can’t knock them. 

I’d be far more understanding of them opting to play for Nigeria as they would be raised to have real loyalty to their own roots then I would the likes of Will Keane Dan Crowley Declan Rice etc who played for us dumped us and in the former 2s cases came running back when they realised they weren’t playing for England. That’s charlatan behaviour.

How many have actually switched back to African countries from this part of the world? can only think of Zaha and Victor Moses and they were already pretty well established at club level at the time ........think it could be seen as a hinderance to the development of a young player making his way switching with the travel involved ......there's certainly never been a plethora of young black English born players going that way......has there been any Irish born as of yet

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:04pm
A significant chunk of their senior squad was born in Netherlands, Germany or the UK. Alex Iwobi is probably the highest profile switch. Lookman at Fulham switching too, it seems.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:02pm
I think Ogbene, Afolabi and Kioso have all at least spoken about representing the African countries they qualify for at some point or another. Roberto Lopez and Eamon Zayed have actually gone and done it, but in both cases they would never have been capped by Ireland.

I suspect a few of the lads of African background might like to do it, but the practicalities of it make it difficult in terms of travel, match timings and so on. Also, while we knock the FAI, I'd say some of the African associations probably make our lads look like Liverpool or  Man City in terms of organisational structure and professionalism in comparison.

The reality is that while becoming English increases a player's value and potential income, becoming an international for an African nation probably has the opposite effect.

The main issue with Irish born players with two overseas born parents is always the risk that they will move abroad without becoming as attached to their country of birth as players with one or more Irish born parents might. We have already seen this with Dennis Cirkin, who appears to have no interest at all in representing us, it will be England or, maybe more likely, Latvia for him.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:14pm

I think Ogbene, Afolabi and Kioso have all at least spoken about representing the African countries they qualify for at some point or another. Roberto Lopez and Eamon Zayed have actually gone and done it, but in both cases they would never have been capped by Ireland.

I suspect a few of the lads of African background might like to do it, but the practicalities of it make it difficult in terms of travel, match timings and so on. Also, while we knock the FAI, I'd say some of the African associations probably make our lads look like Liverpool or  Man City in terms of organisational structure and professionalism in comparison.

The reality is that while becoming English increases a player's value and potential income, becoming an international for an African nation probably has the opposite effect.

The main issue with Irish born players with two overseas born parents is always the risk that they will move abroad without becoming as attached to their country of birth as players with one or more Irish born parents might. We have already seen this with Dennis Cirkin, who appears to have no interest at all in representing us, it will be England or, maybe more likely, Latvia for him.

Afolabi has stated his mother wants him to play for them but that he himself is committed to us

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Afolabi has stated his mother wants him to play for them but that he himself is committed to us

And one could be forgiven for wondering how baseless speculation perpetuates in these circumstances. Afolabi couldn't have been clearer in his words: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/jonathan-afolabi-interview-4698504-Jun2019/%3famp=1

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:40pm

With due respect to the three lads, I think it is ambitious of any of them to be talking about International football.  And I am not suggesting they are but likely being asked by journalists or whomever so need to produce some sort of answer, that then goes on to be over-analysed by fans.

All have shown glimpses of quality at various stages but none are doing much to suggest they would be selected for an International team like Ireland or, less so, a Nigeria.

I'd be delighted if all three turned out to be excellent pros, moved up the leagues and went on to represent us in any meaningful way, but I'd be surprised if any were to.  As surprised as if the likes of Curtis, Harness, Sykes, Sadlier and even Cassidy etc. were to do the same.  I mean players in that 'League 1' quality bracket, for want of a better description.

I'm as excited (more so!) as the next lad for the future with what seems to be a conveyor belt of talent coming through the ages but as we have seen on so many occasions, most won't make the grade as a regular senior Irish Internationals as that grade is simply exceptionally hard to achieve.

Back to Mipu, now this lad is knocking on the door of a decent PL team having had a good time at a top academy, so we're looking at a different creature here.
Am very excited about his prospects.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

With due respect to the three lads, I think it is ambitious of any of them to be talking about International football.  And I am not suggesting they are but likely being asked by journalists or whomever so need to produce some sort of answer, that then goes on to be over-analysed by fans.

All have shown glimpses of quality at various stages but none are doing much to suggest they would be selected for an International team like Ireland or, less so, a Nigeria.

I'd be delighted if all three turned out to be excellent pros, moved up the leagues and went on to represent us in any meaningful way, but I'd be surprised if any were to.  As surprised as if the likes of Curtis, Harness, Sykes, Sadlier and even Cassidy etc. were to do the same.  I mean players in that 'League 1' quality bracket, for want of a better description.

I'm as excited (more so!) as the next lad for the future with what seems to be a conveyor belt of talent coming through the ages but as we have seen on so many occasions, most won't make the grade as a regular senior Irish Internationals as that grade is simply exceptionally hard to achieve.

Back to Mipu, now this lad is knocking on the door of a decent PL team having had a good time at a top academy, so we're looking at a different creature here.
Am very excited about his prospects.

At the moment he’s potentially a different creature yes. Randolph, Stevens Egan Doherty Hourihane all examples of players who cut their teeth in League 1 Scottish League, League 2 as youngsters. Having a nice volume of young lads 21 and under down those divisions is a positive and you’d be optimistic some of them will crack on up through them. 

As for Odubeko if he can get his senior PL debut before the end of the seasons thats 5 Irish teenage attackers that have gotten top flight minutes in the space of 2 years. That is hugely encouraging even if the other 4 it hasn’t gone completely to plan since.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

At the moment he’s potentially a different creature yes. Randolph, Stevens Egan Doherty Hourihane all examples of players who cut their teeth in League 1 Scottish League, League 2 as youngsters. Having a nice volume of young lads 21 and under down those divisions is a positive and you’d be optimistic some of them will crack on up through them. 

For sure, and I'm not knocking any of these guys.
And every chance of late-bloomers but we're all looking for quick-developers!

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

I don't think international football is something Afolabi needs to worry about

Posted By: Deco79
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:46am
Look at the club this lad is at! If they could convince Rice who played from underage to seniors for us to switch to England then I'm pretty sure they'll try it here too. If the U21's are playing in March expect to hear "carrying a knock/injury" or "concentrating on making the first team/season" if he's unsure of who he wants to represent. If he was to choose Nigeria then fair enough because his folks and heritage are Nigerian and he'd be pretty proud of that I'm guessing

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Look at the club this lad is at! If they could convince Rice who played from underage to seniors for us to switch to England then I'm pretty sure they'll try it here too. If the U21's are playing in March expect to hear "carrying a knock/injury" or "concentrating on making the first team/season" if he's unsure of who he wants to represent. If he was to choose Nigeria then fair enough because his folks and heritage are Nigerian and he'd be pretty proud of that I'm guessing

Where to start...
Rice was a Granny-ruler so had weak connections to Ireland at best.
It was the good work of the FAI that had him in our setup.
When he bloomed it was then the FA came knocking.  As an English lad, it was an understandable choice he made.

Mipu is an Irish lad born and raised here.
He has Nigerian parents.  And he has yet to get anywhere near blooming - Rice was a PL regular when his switch was made.  Mipu is an U23 player with a couple of minutes of senior football to his name.

To suggest he will pull out of a potential March U21's squad is spiteful and unwarranted.

Now if he does indeed do that, that's fine and we should draw a line under him until he were to come to us, and not go chasing to the ends of the earth.  There is zero to suggest that would be the case so ease off the hyperbolic speculation.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:06am
Rice has a lot of family in Cork.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:53am
His name is Ademipo, or Mipo, not Mipu.

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

His name is Ademipo, or Mipo, not Mipu.

You are indeed correct.
I just didn't look it up and was a bit early to make a stab at Odubeko!
Cheers for correcting.

Posted By: TheNumber6
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:13pm

Rice has a lot of family in Cork.

Yes and spent many childhood summers here. Said as much himself in interview in Fota with FAI at times of first call up. His family's pride re Irish lineage was genuine.

Posted By: gally
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:04pm
Scored 2 already for WHU under 23 v Southampton

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:47pm
Would that mean he won't get on bench for Sunday? Very excited about his potential 

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 9:39pm
2 goals and an assist... conor Coventry played in the game too.

Would be good to see Mipo get some time off the bench 

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 9:43pm
 rice will be in his ear no doubt if he does make a breakthrough.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Does he eat Chinese food recklessly?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 10:52pm

If Odubeko f**ks off to England for international football so to speak I wouldn’t be blaming Rice. Why wouldn’t Randolph be in his ear by that logic or Coventry and Coventry part of 23s squads 😂

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 10:57pm

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 9:34am

LOL

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 11:15am

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 11:19am
He eats chow mein and he votes Sinn Fein.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:04pm

LOL That’s brilliant.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:50pm

Aye, I'm sure Conor Coventry and Mipo Odubeko's international allegiances keep Declan Rice up all night.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:42pm

Aye, I'm sure Conor Coventry and Mipo Odubeko's international allegiances keep Declan Rice up all night.
Get you back to deadline day and get the info in a bit earlier. Your a poor mans oshea!

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 4:05pm
Good chance he will start tonight

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Good chance he will start tonight

Be surprised if he started but a showing off the bench seems a reasonable bet.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 6:18pm
I suspect it will be Yarmolenko, with Benhrama behind him, who start up top. Still hopeful he gets a run.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 6:33pm
Bench for Odubeko. 

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:14pm
Yep I got that wrong. Info I had was he was starting

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 8:44pm
might be getting a good run out now 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 8:48pm
Getting decent game time tonight anyway.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:16pm
hasn’t done diddly since coming on anyway 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Not all his fault to be fair.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:21pm
Sure the WHU team out there has one attack minded midfielder, and has had since the start of the second half. It has been flat track stuff, and there is nobody there to create something.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

No.

But I laugh at your man Irish football fan tv saying that he has looked tidy so far LOL 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:30pm
He'll get an hour of football anyway.

But I agree with McG that he's been a passenger so far but not really his fault. West ham are not really showing any ambition going forward.

I'd say Connolly is far and away our best forward option at the moment but the distance between connolly and the 2nd and 3rd best forward option is a frightening gap.

Fair to say that unless we see some incredible turnaround Idah and Parrott are not really options 

Posted By: Birdcracker
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:31pm
looks a lot more mobile than Parrott

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:36pm
What on earth is that incessant whistling sound this whole second half

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

What on earth is that incessant whistling sound this whole second half

Its the sound of Parrots career passing him by.

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
https://twitter.com/irishfantv/status/1359255189539217414?s=21" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/irishfantv/status/1359255189539217414?s=21

Randolph said that he’s “already been in there” when someone told him to have a word with Mipo about representing Ireland.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:47pm

No.

But I laugh at your man Irish football fan tv saying that he has looked tidy so far LOL 
a lot of people laugh at that lad

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:54pm
subbed as a sub 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Taken off for Lanzini.

I think we could try and find things to be positive about, but there was no hold up play, few headers won, little positional sense. Very, very poor really.

Ouch.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:55pm
The upside is Engerland won't be looking at him now

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:55pm

No.

So tidy he was subbed off.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

looks a lot more mobile than Parrott

He barely moved.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:56pm
Southgate doing a U-ey

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:57pm
Truth is, he has been fast tracked as West Ham have no recognised senior strikers. All are converted wingers. Since 2019 there has been seven or eight strikers that have left the club, with nobody signed. Haller was the last of them, and with Antonio's injury woes, it was left up to Yarmolenko to lead the line, and he also has injury problems.

Lad made his debut today. Great f**king news. Easy to be a naysayer

-------------

you can forgive playing bad, but Jesus put a bit of effort in on your debut.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm

Lad made his debut today. Great f**king news. Easy to be a naysayer

Wasn’t his debut.

BSM was right. His attitude stinks!

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Only saw him get the ball once when he took a bad touch when receiving a throw in and lost possession

Haven't been watching it that closely though, its on in the background

Posted By: seanyshuffler
He actually played in the last round. Look he's only 18. Didn't do anything when he came on. Not the making or breaking of him.

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:00pm
He did that to get Southgate off his back bout playing for England.  
Be grand.

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:01pm
Really feel for him as this rarely happens to a footballer... hope it's not long before he gets another chance but that's unlikely after this show.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net