You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 32>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

We need to move on from odubeko, okoflex and to some extent obafemi. Turning down caps when others work hard to be included. All three seem to have questionable attitudes (although that may be hearsay) none of them really good enough to start making demands.

Sotona from Malahide Mullingar (edit) too.  

Don't know what the story is there.  Seemed to be destined for great things when he was in the Man Utd academy and Patrick Viera regarded him highly at Nice apparently.  Haven't seen him in an Irish squad in years.

He was was been linked with potential interest from Celtic, Chelsea and Utd agian among other clubs just a few weeks back. Hard to tell how much substance there is behind this 'interest' though. 
Sponsored Links

Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 4:17pm
Back at West Ham, not having played for Huddersfield   

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

He did play. Not often & never played well but he did play.
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

He did play. Not often & never played well but he did play.

sorry mate, my mistake.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:05pm
Timely, since he's been dumped back at his club, sorry if I am cynical!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40779024.html
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

At least you got there first and up front before others chimed in with more toxic cynicism after you shared the link! 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

At least you got there first and up front before others chimed in with more toxic cynicism after you shared the link! 

To be honest, I don't think being recalled from the loan is that dramatic.
Many loans fail to yield results and he's only 19, so I hope he gets a new loan in the coming weeks, makes a go of it and comes into our 21's squad in March with some form and confidence.

This is a good-news story as the lad has potential.
Whether we see anything come from that...Ermm

Edited by Fozz - 05 Jan 2022 at 6:00pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:27pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Hmmmm... 

Christ. Fallon has priors. How has he managed to get into all three Irish broadsheets with that record? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:39pm
LOL, can imagine the conversation with his agent...

"How are you getting on with my England call up - I haven't heard anything from them?". 

"Not great Mipo, since you're hardly getting a kick at Huddersfield. You might want to consider Plan B...you know, the country you're actually from?"

As I posted yesterday, it's mad for these lads to be turning down international call ups. Leaving aside his allegiances, from a personal development point of view he needs the games that he might get picked for at Under 21 level. And Under 21 caps don't tie him to Ireland anyway.

He has plenty to prove now off the back of a poor loan and having burnt a few bridges with Ireland fans. Let's see how he gets on.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 6:10pm
John Fallon is notoriously unreliable when it comes to matters relating to eligible players. He made up similar nonsense about Jack Grealish and Declan Rice and several other players declaring for us several times using methods similar to those seen in this article i.e. "unnamed sources have told me".

Until Odubeko or his agent says something, or even better, he accepts a call-up, I'm just going to assume he's spoofing again because Odubeko's in the news again and he needs to fill a deadline.

Not that I'd read anything into this to begin with even if it is true, since England have shown zero interest in him, Nigeria have shown zero interest in him, and his loan to Huddersfield failed spectacularly.

If, and it's a big if, he gets his career back on track it will be back to declining call-ups, ignoring Crawford and Fallon continuing to embellish a mythical falling out Odubeko had with coaches when he was in the U17s - which there are conveniently no sources for.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 8:19pm
Realizes he won’t get within an asses roar of an England squad so is happy with Ireland now
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:01pm
People are very definate that this was his thinking. It could very well be that he was pissed off about the U17 thing or that he was focused on club. Not an ideal attitude for sure even if that is the case but jumping to the conclusion that he was holding out for England is a bit of a stretch. Maybe it was the decision between Nigeria and Ireland where he wanted more time and you can't blame him too much if that was the case.

Either way, if he comes out and says he is focused on ireland then we should be getting behind him.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:10pm
I’ve more chance of scoring for Ireland than this lad.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 1:37pm
Signs on loan with Doncaster for the rest of the season. Doncaster are bottom of League One so should see plenty of game time at least.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 2:29pm
24th in League 1, 9 points from safety. If he can't get a regular game in that Doncaster team it will be telling in terms of his future prospects.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 3:19pm
ah the poor lad is gonna struggle there too! Can we seriously expect him to go there and score loads of goals?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 3:35pm
Hopefully both himself and West Ham have done their homework on this and it's not another loan for the sake of loan as Crawford warned Okoflex about doing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 32>
  Share Topic