You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Millwall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:39am

Have a millwall jersey meself – only got it to wind up me mates who support west ham, a club I like less and less at time goes on!!!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Jonesy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Wearmouth Wearmouth wrote:

Try telling that to Villa WHU Hull Barnsley WBA etc fans and the stewards at the S0L.

And what they did to Nottingham Forest fans. Ouch
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
Drumaville View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

big irish following in south east london, theyve had a few Irish connections playing and management wise down the years

Charlie Hurley John Byrne Eamonn Dunphy Gary Waddock Mick McCarthy Kevin O'Callaghan Kenny Cunnighham Steven Reid Anton Rogan Andy Keogh and David Forde for starters. Cool

There was also Mark Kennedy and Richard Sadlier. How is you Niall McManus getting on ?
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Jonesy Jonesy wrote:

Originally posted by Wearmouth Wearmouth wrote:

Try telling that to Villa WHU Hull Barnsley WBA etc fans and the stewards at the S0L.

And what they did to Nottingham Forest fans. Ouch
Top dogs in the North-East Cool
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Wearmouth View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:30am
Demba ba gone yet.

Edited by Wearmouth - 31 May 2012 at 12:07pm
Charlie Hurley a true legend
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

big irish following in south east london, theyve had a few Irish connections playing and management wise down the years

Charlie Hurley John Byrne Eamonn Dunphy Gary Waddock Mick McCarthy Kevin O'Callaghan Kenny Cunnighham Steven Reid Anton Rogan Andy Keogh and David Forde for starters. Cool
Richie Saddlier also he's loved by Millwall fans.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:11am
Frank Maloney the boxing promoter parents are Irish and he's a massive Millwall fan, their was an element of National front within the club but many Irish dispora supported the side also.
They also give us a match in the summer infairness to them SmileSmileSmileSmile.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:30am
Millwall were never known for being anti irish, like QPR and Arsenal they had a large irish following however at arsenal one of the celtic fans i know was called a fenian cxxt walking up to the stadium by arsenal fans.stupid fcukin idiots have short memories given the high regard an irishman Brady is held in. i wonder was millwalls irish fan demographic one of the things why chelsea s fans hated them. wouldnt aurprise me given chelsea's right wing elements. I know a good few west ham fans so not sure if they had an anti irish element in their fanbase.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Millwall were never known for being anti irish, like QPR and Arsenal they had a large irish following however at arsenal one of the celtic fans i know was called a fenian cxxt walking up to the stadium by arsenal fans.stupid fcukin idiots have short memories given the high regard an irishman Brady is held in. i wonder was millwalls irish fan demographic one of the things why chelsea s fans hated them. wouldnt aurprise me given chelsea's right wing elements. I know a good few west ham fans so not sure if they had an anti irish element in their fanbase.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:14pm
whats upset ya now landon my tulip?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:18pm

Landon's ears usually prick up on this type of thread, or when you mention paedophiles.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:29pm
You trying to insinuate something baggio? Surprised at something like that from you.

Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:41pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

i know a millwall fan, born and raised to irish parents over there, never heard anything that they were known for being anti irish, certainly not to the extent chelseas right wing elements had. Millwall have a bad rep but i never was aware that they d an anti irish aspect. what did you hear/experience to the contrary.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

i know a millwall fan, born and raised to irish parents over there, never heard anything that they were known for being anti irish, certainly not to the extent chelseas right wing elements had. Millwall have a bad rep but i never was aware that they d an anti irish aspect. what did you hear/experience to the contrary.

In the 70s and 80s and to a large extent the 90s as well, Millwall along with Chelsea and West Ham were among the most prominent pro-National Front clubs in England, Millwall being the worst of the lot. There was hooliganism and trouble wherever they went and at their own ground too. It's safe to say that a club's supporters who had links to the NF can be labelled as anti-Irish as well. Millwall were the last club to get a grip on their problem, but things seem to have improved in recent years, hopefully for good.

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 5:09pm
             Millwall always had the worst press for the NF thing compared to other clubs. Never had good links to the Fleet Street press like Chelsea ad West Ham have had traditionally. Most clubs here (UK) have had an element of hooligans with some affiliated to NF, especially in the 70's-80's. 
          Millwall however always have had an Irish following due to the amount of London Irish living in that area of south east London, whether it be working on the docks or in other industries. Very big and active Irish community in south east London
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:35pm

Here ya go chum Thumbs Up

Shels v Millwall 16th of July

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2195

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 1:35am
Millwall was one of the last London clubs I visited, after West Ham and chelsea I was nervous. All I can say is don't believe all you read. Millwall is the friendliest club in London. By a long way. They certainly have a large number of fans disenfranchised by how their area of London has been neglected by every government, but when you get off at new cross you see why. If you want a proper football experience in London I recommend the lions and if you do let me know, I'm contemplating a season ticket, and we will welcome you to the lions den.

Edited by Clonbhoy - 10 Jul 2012 at 1:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic