Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=39023
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Millwall
Posted By: BDI
Subject: Millwall
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 5:35pm
Is there many Irish Millwall fans ? A mate of mine in London reckons there loads of them and thats why they play pre season friendlies in Ireland most Summers. Anyone know the craic?

Replies:
Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:20pm
One of the Sunderand/Poland ten is a Millwall fan and you could not meet a better fella. Cool

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:22pm
Been to a fair few games and all very pro-Irish that I have met down there

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Been to a fair few games and all very pro-Irish that I have met down there

Shame only fools and horses didnt relfect this. Wink

-------------

Posted By: manbearpig
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:29pm
I don't understand how any fully functioning human being could ever enjoy following Millwall with the large cohorts of thugs that are attached to the club

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:30pm
bboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:38pm

Originally posted by BDI BDI wrote:

Is there many Irish Millwall fans ? A mate of mine in London reckons there loads of them and thats why they play pre season friendlies in Ireland most Summers. Anyone know the craic?

They played Shels a couple of times over the last few years but the attendances have been very poor.

Went to see the Millwall play Dalkey a good few years ago back when Mick McCarthy was gaffer. I was a youngun and got sick on the sideline before the match, so my aul lad brought me home and i got sick all over the bus Cool

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:09am
Only ever got to know two Millwall fans. One as I said above is a class act and the other similar. He was our college lecturer and on the last day of term he took the twelve of us out to the pub paid for our lunches and pints and even ordered cabs for those who needed them. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by manbearpig manbearpig wrote:

I don't understand how any fully functioning human being could ever enjoy following Millwall with the large cohorts of thugs that are attached to the club

its brilliant , one day a fella went out on the picth making signs at the opposing fans , the cops came in ( about 30 of them ) surrounded him and lifted him , uttter genius , was in his work clothes with his company name and phone no on the back LOL

-------------

Posted By: Old Den
Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 4:43pm

Every club has their dodgy elements egs Chelsea Leeds gers Newcastle Palace etc.

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:38pm

its brilliant , one day a fella went out on the picth making signs at the opposing fans , the cops came in ( about 30 of them ) surrounded him and lifted him , uttter genius , was in his work clothes with his company name and phone no on the back LOL

SmileWinkSmile

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:43pm

The Grandad use to watch them when he worked in England after the war

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:46pm
Very healthy Irish following , good loyal
Bunch Millwall

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:54pm
Danial Day Lewis SC

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:20am
big irish following in south east london, theyve had a few Irish connections playing and management wise down the years

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:26am
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

big irish following in south east london, theyve had a few Irish connections playing and management wise down the years

Charlie Hurley John Byrne Eamonn Dunphy Gary Waddock Mick McCarthy Kevin O'Callaghan Kenny Cunnighham Steven Reid Anton Rogan Andy Keogh and David Forde for starters. Cool

-------------

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Old Den Old Den wrote:

Every club has their dodgy elements egs Chelsea Leeds gers Newcastle Palace etc.
Confused You couldn't meet nicer fans than Newcastle. Iv been going to SJP for years and there has never been any trouble with opposition fans or anything like that. Toon Toon!

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Wearmouth
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:17am
Try telling that to Villa WHU Hull Barnsley WBA etc fans and the stewards at the S0L.

-------------
Charlie Hurley a true legend

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:39am

Have a millwall jersey meself – only got it to wind up me mates who support west ham, a club I like less and less at time goes on!!!

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Jonesy
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Wearmouth Wearmouth wrote:

Try telling that to Villa WHU Hull Barnsley WBA etc fans and the stewards at the S0L.

And what they did to Nottingham Forest fans. Ouch

-------------
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP

Posted By: Drumaville
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Charlie Hurley John Byrne Eamonn Dunphy Gary Waddock Mick McCarthy Kevin O'Callaghan Kenny Cunnighham Steven Reid Anton Rogan Andy Keogh and David Forde for starters. Cool

There was also Mark Kennedy and Richard Sadlier. How is you Niall McManus getting on ?

-------------
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Jonesy Jonesy wrote:

And what they did to Nottingham Forest fans. Ouch
Top dogs in the North-East Cool

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:30am
Demba ba gone yet.

-------------

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:07am

Richie Saddlier also he's loved by Millwall fans.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:11am
Frank Maloney the boxing promoter parents are Irish and he's a massive Millwall fan, their was an element of National front within the club but many Irish dispora supported the side also.
They also give us a match in the summer infairness to them SmileSmileSmileSmile.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:30am
Millwall were never known for being anti irish, like QPR and Arsenal they had a large irish following however at arsenal one of the celtic fans i know was called a fenian cxxt walking up to the stadium by arsenal fans.stupid fcukin idiots have short memories given the high regard an irishman Brady is held in. i wonder was millwalls irish fan demographic one of the things why chelsea s fans hated them. wouldnt aurprise me given chelsea's right wing elements. I know a good few west ham fans so not sure if they had an anti irish element in their fanbase.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Millwall were never known for being anti irish, like QPR and Arsenal they had a large irish following however at arsenal one of the celtic fans i know was called a fenian cxxt walking up to the stadium by arsenal fans.stupid fcukin idiots have short memories given the high regard an irishman Brady is held in. i wonder was millwalls irish fan demographic one of the things why chelsea s fans hated them. wouldnt aurprise me given chelsea's right wing elements. I know a good few west ham fans so not sure if they had an anti irish element in their fanbase.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:14pm
whats upset ya now landon my tulip?

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:18pm

Landon's ears usually prick up on this type of thread, or when you mention paedophiles.

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:29pm
You trying to insinuate something baggio? Surprised at something like that from you.

-------------

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:41pm

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

i know a millwall fan, born and raised to irish parents over there, never heard anything that they were known for being anti irish, certainly not to the extent chelseas right wing elements had. Millwall have a bad rep but i never was aware that they d an anti irish aspect. what did you hear/experience to the contrary.

-------------

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

i know a millwall fan, born and raised to irish parents over there, never heard anything that they were known for being anti irish, certainly not to the extent chelseas right wing elements had. Millwall have a bad rep but i never was aware that they d an anti irish aspect. what did you hear/experience to the contrary.

In the 70s and 80s and to a large extent the 90s as well, Millwall along with Chelsea and West Ham were among the most prominent pro-National Front clubs in England, Millwall being the worst of the lot. There was hooliganism and trouble wherever they went and at their own ground too. It's safe to say that a club's supporters who had links to the NF can be labelled as anti-Irish as well. Millwall were the last club to get a grip on their problem, but things seem to have improved in recent years, hopefully for good.

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 5:09pm
             Millwall always had the worst press for the NF thing compared to other clubs. Never had good links to the Fleet Street press like Chelsea ad West Ham have had traditionally. Most clubs here (UK) have had an element of hooligans with some affiliated to NF, especially in the 70's-80's. 
          Millwall however always have had an Irish following due to the amount of London Irish living in that area of south east London, whether it be working on the docks or in other industries. Very big and active Irish community in south east London

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:35pm

Here ya go chum Thumbs Up

Shels v Millwall 16th of July

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2195" rel="nofollow - http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2195

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 1:35am
Millwall was one of the last London clubs I visited, after West Ham and chelsea I was nervous. All I can say is don't believe all you read. Millwall is the friendliest club in London. By a long way. They certainly have a large number of fans disenfranchised by how their area of London has been neglected by every government, but when you get off at new cross you see why. If you want a proper football experience in London I recommend the lions and if you do let me know, I'm contemplating a season ticket, and we will welcome you to the lions den.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:40am
They're staying in Portmarnock Hotel this weekend. Presume they're training in Malahide if anyone's looking to see them.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 5:42pm
Was at the Den twice supporting Southampton and never had any trouble!Although I did see a little trouble in their end when we were given a dodgy penalty a cop went up to their end where the fans were getting very animated and he ended up having his hat thrown on the pitch!

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:17pm
always known them to have a gd few irish supporters

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 2:23am

gayest post ever made on here

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by JohnnyD87 JohnnyD87 wrote:

always known them to have a gd few irish supporters

This.

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

They're staying in Portmarnock Hotel this weekend. Presume they're training in Malahide if anyone's looking to see them.

Only wish I could have got over I've even got cousins living in Dublin ! Maybe next year as we seem to come over every pre season now.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 6:16am
I see Crawley put Millwall out of the League cup on penos last night.

-------------

Posted By: Gemmell
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 8:50pm
I'm a Millwall fan and have been since I was a boy. Don't know if there are many more Irish fans though.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Gemmell Gemmell wrote:

I'm a Millwall fan and have been since I was a boy. Don't know if there are many more Irish fans though.

Welcome on board pal good have another Millwall fan on the this cracking forum.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:41pm
Theres a programme on BBC2 tonight @ 10.00 pm The Boss is Back featuring Millwalls former chairman Theo Paphitis.

-------------

Posted By: Dear Old Roker
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 9:51am
Is Millwall v Middlesborough 12.45 ko on live tv today ?

-------------
The Roker Roar will never die

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 9:46am

I see former Millwall player Richard Sadlier is trying to be the next Eamonn Dunphy (also an ex Millwall man ) with his comments " Trap is as ineffective now as Steve Staunton was in San Marino."

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 2:18pm
Its not looking good for Millwall with another loss yesterday.

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 2:26pm

Its not looking good for Millwall with another loss yesterday.
Think tehy would struggle before the season, awful defensively.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Marley+
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 4:12pm
I think they will go down.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 7:18pm
Bolton striker Marvin Sordell is claiming that Boltons black players were racially abused by Millwall fans in the match between the two clubs this afternoon.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 4:31pm
Millwalls next match is against Crystal Palace they will do well to get anything from that.

-------------

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 9:44pm
another wall fan here good to know there are a few of us about

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm
Eagleeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:41pm
palace palace who the f*ck are palace :0

got to love the palace "ultras". what a shower of wallys. faces blacked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL47U4rZj_k

Posted By: The Snail
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:13pm

Come on you Lions...

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:44pm
I've been to a few Palace games and the singing is much better than most Premier League clubs, they have some support. Millwall are the same, really loud, especially at their away games.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:54pm
Mon the Lions.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:01pm
Sounds like a cracker 2 2 with a late Millwall equaliser.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 4:39pm
Millwall 3 0 v Huddersfield. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 7:51am
Shocked Unbelievable result for Millwall winning 4 1 at an inform Nottingham Forest. It a mad old world n the champinship.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm
Massive win for the wall , keogh on the scoresheet again

-------------

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 1:51pm
Next stop for Millwall is Vicarage Road on Tuesday night....hopefully their good run will end then

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Vaux
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Next stop for Millwall is Vicarage Road on Tuesday night....hopefully their good run will end then

What was the score in this one.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 4:04pm
0-0

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 4:04pm

0-0

What about at half time. Big smile

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 11:49am
What was the craic with the bannner on Saturday ?

-------------

Posted By: The Snail
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 1:27pm
A 13 old kid has been banned from from the Den after a recent "racist" incident involving Boltons Marvin Sordell.

It turns out that the language used, whilst perhaps offencice, (he aledigly called him a fish, and in respose to Sordell calling him a fat little sh*t, called him a ***t) was in no way racial..

Banner read " Sordell's a ***t, lift the ban".... 6 fans arrested.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 1:35pm
FREE THE MILLWALL 6 : )

Cant have a banner calling someone the C word and not get in trouble. Daft, i presume the 6 were kids.

Despite all of this Sordell nonsense we are flying on the pitch. Another good win. 

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 8:50am
Kenny Jackett seems to be doing a good job down there.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 9:09am

Kenny Jackett seems to be doing a good job down there.

Agreed.....one of the longest serving Championship managers.....his Watford qualities shining through

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:03pm
Should be worth a view against Leeds on tv on Sunday could be a tasty affair.

-------------

Posted By: ODCO
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:06pm

Agreed budClap Did you go to goodison last week btw as per my question in sunderland thread?

-------------
Bleeding Trisha Always on me Bleeding Case

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by ODCO ODCO wrote:

Agreed budClap Did you go to goodison last week btw as per my question in sunderland thread?

No bud I didn't I replied to your post on the Sunderland thread eventually. Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by ODCO ODCO wrote:

No bud I didn't I replied to your post on the Sunderland thread eventually. Embarrassed
Star

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 9:16am

I will definately be watching this one. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 8:59am
Come on Millwall and its not very often I say that.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:01pm
Get in there  1 0 to Millwall with 5 mins left.

-------------

Posted By: Dear Old Roker
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:55am
Another great result for Millwall on Saturday good outside bet to go up through the play offs.

-------------
The Roker Roar will never die

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 12:27pm
kenny jackett doing a great job Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 1:45pm
we are flying! if only we were not so useless for the first 2 months of the season

right back in the mix now. we may not have much money but we have a good manager, decent hard working players and a passionate small following.

Posted By: Gizzmo
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 2:19pm
Millwall fan myself and so are most my family in south east london - most of them are from Irish family that moved to London. Lived near the den for a while and try go see them play every year never had a bad experience to be honest think its a great club with lots of great supporters - can also boast that my mam is a former lioness and played for the ladies in her day .. 

hate hearing bad things sad about the club most of it pre dates before I was born and have to say they really are trying to stamp out that element .. 

-------------
Richard Dunne For Captain
Shay Given is GOD !!

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 2:56pm
My old man was a Dub and we moved to London when I was five.

Living in Sunderland these days but I get to about 11/12 Millwall games a season. Kenny Jackett is dong a cracking job. Thumbs UpClapThumbs Up

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:26pm
love going to the den , great fans ,will do another game in january i am sure.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 6:37pm
only been over once this year for Brighton game and we were sh*t. Afraid to go over while we are on such a run : )

Thinking of heading over for Burnley or Hull home game in early 2013. Bolton away is another option.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

only been over once this year for Brighton game and we were sh*t. Afraid to go over while we are on such a run : )

Thinking of heading over for Burnley or Hull home game in early 2013. Bolton away is another option.

Dave ......make it to the Burnley game........any luck you'll meet that Murph character......introduce him to a few of your" old school" mates ............for a "chat" Wink 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Dave ......make it to the Burnley game........any luck you'll meet that Murph character......introduce him to a few of your" old school" mates ............for a "chat" Wink 
LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:28am
can be arranged Big smile

my dear old mates mick the machete and big bald arry are on day release from Belmarsh for the day of the Burnley game.

They care not for anything to do with Burnley. 

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:58am

can be arranged Big smile

my dear old mates mick the machete and big bald arry are on day release from Belmarsh for the day of the Burnley game.

They care not for anything to do with Burnley. 

Dave, they sound perfect guys for Murph to "converse with" Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 9:10am
Wheels seemed to have fallen a tad for Millwall.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 12:38pm
need a replacement for wood. few injuries as well

to be honest we played well v cardiff and were unlucky not to win v brighton. need to beat Bristol City to keep in touch. key game

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:57pm
Big blow Chris Wood going to Leicester.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 7:19am
Is Millwall v Villa on live tv this Friday ?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 9:34pm
What was the craic with the Millwall fans and the assistant ref tonight.

-------------

Posted By: Marley+
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 9:50pm
You have got to hand it to Kenny Jacket hes some manager.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:08pm
Well done Kenny and Millwall......good result and a good marker for next seasons League game

-------------

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:56pm
Villa will stay up, Lambert will get fired and someone like Mark Hughes will take them over and benefit from Dunne coming back to steady the defense. Probably good news for Given if Hughes gets the job too.

Well done to Millwall by the way. Irish striker Conor Wilkinson has been on the bench for them for the last few games now, hopefully he'll make the breakthrough soon.

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:01am
Mark Hughes

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:13am
Not saying he's a great manager or anything but villa have fook all money and Hughes is free. They are a massive club and Hughes believes he's at that level as a manager. Stick a few quid on it, there's been stupider predictions on this forum over the years.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net