You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 64>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Is he gone from the Southampton panel altogether or is it just due to the sending off from under23? Smallbone still injured anyway 
He’s technically still suspended and I believe it carries over to the first team competitions as well. 

Or it’s because of his big ego. Mad lad is picking himself in fantasy football. 
Sponsored Links

AbuAbu View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:16pm
Danny Ings being injured should give him more chances
It's not me it's you:-)
aviva8 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm
What the story with this guy, nowhere no be seen lately, needs a loan to championship team
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:54am

What the story with this guy, nowhere no be seen lately, needs a loan to championship team

It's a puzzler. Looked like a prospect last year.

His attitude has been questioned and in the games I've seen him, his positional sense is not the best. He has blistering pace which is so key but is there much else in the locker?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 12:08pm
I wouldn't be holding out too much hope on Obafemi to be honest. His natural ability gets him so far - he's quick, a decent passer and can finish a chance when he gets it, but his overall reading of a game seems to hold him back, positioning, vision etc. not great.

To me the areas he's lacking in look like ones that are quite coachable so there's still a good chance for him to do well but there seems to be issues with his application going by the managers previous comments about him.

It's not impossible for him to make the grade but I'd be putting it down as a bonus if he does. I think he's a lesser prospect than Connolly, Idah and Parrott.

Also I don't think he will ever be able to play as a lone striker so longer term he might be better switching to a wide right position for club and country. This would put him in direct competition with Smallbone at Southampton though.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Dec 2020 at 12:10pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:09pm
Dan Ndululu has moved moved ahead of him in the pecking order and has looked good
aviva8 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 3:49pm
Seen there was talk about him getting a loan move in January. He needs one badly
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 3:50pm

Seen there was talk about him getting a loan move in January. He needs one badly

Not in the squad again today. Long back on the bench. Ings went off injured in the first half and Nathan Tella was brought on to replace him.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Not in the squad again today. Long back on the bench. Ings went off injured in the first half and Nathan Tella was brought on to replace him.

Hasenhuttl none too complimentary about his attitude here:

You Tell Me View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Hasenhuttl none too complimentary about his attitude here:

He basically says he doesn't have the right mentality and also isn't good enough, not much more you can say really. He does have some strengths to his game to be fair, but there are glaring weaknesses also and he doesn't seem like the type that will put the work in to make the most of the abilities that he does have.

If I was calling it now I'd say he'll find his level at league 1 at best. Maybe lower than that even.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 8:03pm
honest view given by a good manager...any of us who kicked a ball knows the need to fight for your place.At the elite level there just isn’t space or tolerance for less than 100%....he’s young hopefully he will cop on and work hard....his tweet seems a sign of his attitude tho.....again he’s young hope he gets the head down.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 8:13pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 12:03pm
Move to a solid promotion chasing team would be his best bet, a Bournemouth or something .......hasn't a hope of a Premiership move
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Move to a solid promotion chasing team would be his best bet, a Bournemouth or something .......hasn't a hope of a Premiership move
So he can sit on their bench too? 

He looks nothing more that a fairly average youth player with massive gaps and limitations to his game. Throw a bad attitude into the mix too. He’d be doing well to find a League One club willing to give him time at the moment. I’ve seen far better youth players than him not even manage that. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:48pm
Dare I say he's proven to be a more natural finisher than Parrott, Connolly and maybe Idah based on the evidence so far. 4 goals in 29 appearances, only 9 of which have been starts, with the vast majority of his appearances brief cameos.

He clearly has attitude problems but if he could get his head straight he would be a really big asset for us.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:11pm
don’t rate him.  Hope to be proved wrong. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:36pm
He signed a contract last year until 2022 and he is on £525,000 a year so he was obviously rated highly enough at the club to be offered that. He'll get every opportunity at Southampton I would think but if it doesn't work out there will be other teams interested.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:15am
What are the attitude problems that people are talking about
Bar a response to not making Kenny's squad I dont recall hearing anything about it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 64>
  Share Topic