You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Could have or manager could have left him out if he felt he wasn't focused enough for today's game. Goodwin did it McGrath back in January dropping him out for a bit and happened to McNamara at the start of the season when there was interest in him and Millwall were trying to get him to sign a new contract.

Confirmed by the manager:
Russell Martin said Obafemi left out of #Swans squad after "deadline day madness". Martin said mistake putting Obafemi on bench at Stoke. "His head has been filled with all sorts, we'll have a chat on Monday to make sure he's in the right frame of mind to contribute."
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Could have or manager could have left him out if he felt he wasn't focused enough for today's game. Goodwin did it McGrath back in January dropping him out for a bit and happened to McNamara at the start of the season when there was interest in him and Millwall were trying to get him to sign a new contract.

Russell Martin said Obafemi left out of #Swans squad after "deadline day madness". Martin said mistake putting Obafemi on bench at Stoke. "His head has been filled with all sorts, we'll have a chat on Monday to make sure he's in the right frame of mind to contribute."
This lad really needs to kop on. He's clearly talented, but has achieved very little to date. Finally gets a chance to showcase his talents and then he wants to move on again. Seems like a Billy Big Balls to me. Concentrate on your football lad and the rest will look after itself. This may not be fair, but it's the image he's presenting.
Idah Dream!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

This lad really needs to kop on. He's clearly talented, but has achieved very little to date. Finally gets a chance to showcase his talents and then he wants to move on again. Seems like a Billy Big Balls to me. Concentrate on your football lad and the rest will look after itself. This may not be fair, but it's the image he's presenting.

Agreed 100%
Delusions of grandeur 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 7:40pm

You might potentially be slightly harsh on him.

Managers words read to me that he's more complaining about the players agent when he refers to "His head has been filled with all sorts" . Definitely to me reads as a dig at the agent and not the player. Wouldn't surprise me if he was being represented poorly 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

<div dir="auto" ="-901oao="" r-vlxjld="" r-37j5jr="" r-1blvdjr="" r-16dba41="" r-vrz42v="" r-bcqeeo="" r-bnwqim="" r-qvutc0"="" -testid="tweetText" lang="en"><span ="-901oao="" -16my406="" r-poiln3="" r-bcqeeo="" r-qvutc0"="">Russell Martin said Obafemi left out of </span><span ="r-18u37iz"="">#Swans</span><span ="-901oao="" -16my406="" r-poiln3="" r-bcqeeo="" r-qvutc0"=""> squad after "deadline day madness". Martin said mistake putting Obafemi on bench at Stoke. </span><span ="-901oao="" -16my406="" r-poiln3="" r-bcqeeo="" r-qvutc0"="">"His
head has been filled with all sorts, we'll have a chat on Monday to
make sure he's in the right frame of mind to contribute."</span>

You might potentially be slightly harsh on him.

Managers words read to me that he's more complaining about the players agent when he refers to "His head has been filled with all sorts" . Definitely to me reads as a dig at the agent and not the player. Wouldn't surprise me if he was being represented poorly 

Goodwin made similar remarks regarding Jamie McGrath back in January.

“I told Jamie there are outside influences in his ear telling him this and that but it’s purely speculation. The most important thing is concentrating on the football because the move will come.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Agreed 100%
Delusions of grandeur 

I don’t get this, it’s happened hundreds of times before & will again lad gets head turned by a bigger club, everything agreed with player but clubs can’t come to an agreement. 
He’ll be back starting for Swansea in a couple of weeks. It’s good management from Martin, I don’t think we need to blow this out of proportion 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 8:25pm
Full quotes from Russell Martin.

"Michael, we had a chat after the deadline day madness and both decided it was best for him to have the weekend off and that he couldn't contribute in a way that he should have. I'm a young manager and have to learn a lot, I shouldn't have brought him on Wednesday with what was going on, I made the wrong call. But I feel like we made the right call today, and Michael agreed.

"He'll come back in on Monday, we'll have a really good chat and we'll make sure he's in the right frame of mind to contribute. His head has been filled with all sorts of nonsense since we first came back in, so his energy has been a bit different.

"We need to get back to the Michael Obafemi we had from December onwards and I'm sure we will."

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 4:10pm
One thing for sure is that thr Clarets will be back in for him in Jan ( if needed ) and at half the price the Swans wanted last week . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 6:55pm
Not in the match day squad tonight.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 3:58pm
'There's no three sides to the story' - Swansea coach disappointed by Kenny's Obafemi comments
https://the42.ie/5868330
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

'There's no three sides to the story' - Swansea coach disappointed by Kenny's Obafemi comments
https://the42.ie/5868330

It's a bit disappointing that it's come to this - An unwelcome spat really. Bit of a storm in a teacup, but a few of our young players would benefit from heeding one line from Martin's interview i.e. It can’t be, you play brilliantly, but you can do what you want off the pitch, that’s just not the culture here.

As for Manning, I did point out that he was probably the only one who could feel a little aggrieved at being left out, but Mc Clean, Stevens and Brady are no spring chickens, so he needs to keep working hard and his chance will likely come again.

Idah Dream!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 12:01pm
Back in the match day squad, on the bench.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

That's the third side of the story 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

That's the third side of the story 

Is it not the fourth or fifth? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:50pm
Great finish on the turn to win the game for Swansea today. He's a natural finisher like nobody else we have.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:57pm
What a finish. The boy knows where the net is which is so nice to have in a striker for a change.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:02pm
Another assist for the out of favour Manning in the game also
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:38pm
Maybe he goes on a run until January drawing interest from better sides than Burnley and a division up. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 125>
  Share Topic