You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mexico - 1st June - Travel/Accomm/General chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 4:03pm
I Hope Luis Garcia and Campos still ain't playing.
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 4:10pm
A week before a huge game against Austria and having the panel travel across the atlantic. The FAI would do anything for a few bob. Ridiculous.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 4:16pm
Doubt any of the First XI will be invovled. Would be more like the fringe players getting a run out. Likes of Randolph Brady Coleman etc.. will stay behind in Dublin IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 4:36pm
I'd send over the kids like O'Dowda,Kelly,Egan ect. over, meanwhile we have a different group with the likes of Brady,Coleman,McCarthy,Hendrick,Long etc. stay home and prepare for Uruguay and more importantly Austria. Maybe to attract more viewers Ireland should play Doyle!
Hi Lads
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 4:39pm
If this is true it's absolutely bizzare
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 7:39pm
Long time between end of English season and Austria this extra games means most of the squad fot Austria should get at least 60 mins under their belts. A few days training in the US away from the hype building up for Austria could be a good thing
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

A week before a huge game against Austria and having the panel travel across the atlantic. The FAI would do anything for a few bob. Ridiculous.

It's 10 days beforehand and I wouldn't be against it tbh. I do think this'll be the game to try out any new players who may have another opportunity in the Uruguay game incase we need unexpected back up on the bench for Austria.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Long time between end of English season and Austria this extra games means most of the squad fot Austria should get at least 60 mins under their belts. A few days training in the US away from the hype building up for Austria could be a good thing
is there anything that the clowns in abbotstown do that you dont approve of? You think risking injury, travelling across the Atlantic for q friendly is a positive?? Its potentially harmful to our ranking while we are at it
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 9:39am
Seems a bizarre suituation before such an important game.

If this happen I'm sure none of the first XI would travel.
An extra game is no harm for the fringe and up and coming players to get game time.
They could even let Javier pick the squad!

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:59am
Agree with Missy. Its 10 days before the qualifier. The trip to Georgia 3 days before Serbia will take them longer.

Yes tha FAI are doing it for a pay day and a jolly but O Neill had to approve it and it serves zero harm.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

An extra game is no harm for the fringe and up and coming players to get game time.

Why do you asune that? How long do you think it takes players to recover from playing in a match

You do know we play in Georgia on a Saturday and then Serbia at home on a Tuesday?
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:39am
Will joe lapira be getting a run out in this.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Why do you asune that? How long do you think it takes players to recover from playing in a match

You do know we play in Georgia on a Saturday and then Serbia at home on a Tuesday?

In important qualifiers. Its a little different from a trek across the Atlantic for a pay day
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

In important qualifiers. Its a little different from a trek across the Atlantic for a pay day

My view is that they are either sitting on their arses for 22 hours a day in Abbottstown or in New York. 

It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to professional footballers. A night out on the town would be a lot bigger a hindrance on performance than a 6 hour flight, of which we know they all embrace, and I don't see anything wrong with that either.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:24pm
Heard this is confirmed this morning. Some very obvious con's in this, but hopefully some pro's aswell.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:33pm
Apart from the world rankings I can't see too many negatives at all. A good trip for a bit of team bonding and to  alleviate the boredom before Austria, another chance for some fringe players to get a run out  and stake a claim, a chance for some US based fans to see us play and the FAI will make a few quid to pay for JD's bar bill at the Four Seasons.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Apart from the world rankings I can't see too many negatives at all. A good trip for a bit of team bonding and to  alleviate the boredom before Austria, another chance for some fringe players to get a run out  and stake a claim, a chance for some US based fans to see us play and the FAI will make a few quid to pay for JD's bar bill at the Four Seasons.

Agreed that world ranking is only con. The FAI will have some amount of egg on their face if this is difference between seeded in a playoff in October/world cup group stage and not.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 2:52pm
Cant see what the fuss is about.

Does anyone believe MON and Roy would agree to the game if they didn't want it

Personally I reckon we need two or even three games between the end of the UK season and Austria.

It should be good for team bonding and I'm sure the players would prefer somewhere different than the Castleknock hotel and Abbotstown for a few days.

It also makes far more sense for the FAI to take a guaranteed payday than risk a loss making game in LR.
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic