You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"McGeadski"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

A lot of travelling for Ireland matches though. Handy for Russia away though

handy for armenia , handy for macedonia , not too bad for slovakia , he's better off over there for this campaign!

Was just on the phone to him, that's the main reason he'll move to Spartak, keep himself fresh with short journeys for the Ireland away games.... his main focus
LOLLOLLOL In other unrelated news I have relaible information that the weasel is extremely drunk and listening to Whitney Houston at home by the way. just thought I'd give you the heads up
Sponsored Links

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 12:29pm
6.1 News says trap has advised him not to move to spartak
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 12:29pm
Republic of Ireland assistant manager Marco Tardelli has given Aiden McGeady's proposed transfer to Spartak Moscow his approval believing it could benefit the national team.

Speaking exclusively to Goal.com, the Italian said the move could help the Boys in Green who take on Russia in a European Championship qualifier in Dublin's new Aviva stadium in October.

“It’s a good thing for us because he’ll know the other team and the other players. It’s important to have a new experience for the international football. I think it’s a good chance for him.

"It’s a good thing for him because to go to a strange country is different. We need the very strong characters and he needs to know the other styles of football. It’s a good thing for him to have a new coach."

McGeady, 24, has been the subject of persistent interest from the Russian side who are prepared to pay £9m for the player's services. He has already visited Moscow with his girlfriend and his agent to view the facilities and the city as he weighs up the proposed move.

Meanwhile, Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni told reporters in Dublin that he will speak with McGeady ahead of the friendly match with Argentina next week and said that Russian football is quite difficult.

“I haven’t spoken with him. I would like to speak to him when he’s here because I wish to clarify with him something about Russian football. I don’t know if he wishes another experience because Russian football at the moment is rich [with players], very important players, European players.

“For me I can tell him my experience, Russia is a beautiful country but the football is very difficult.”

McGeady was dropped by Celtic boss Neil Lennon for both Champions League matches with Braga and isn't cup tied for European football this season. The player is understood to be making a final decision on his future within the next 48 hours.

Spartak Moscow technical director Dmitri Popov has tempted McGeady with a huge salary believed to be in the region of £2.5 million a year after tax. He told reporters that the decision rests solely in McGeady's hands now.

"In the coming days, McGeady must decide.I don’t know who he will consult but I can safely say the football version of The Forsyte Saga will be completed soon."
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:10am
Valery Karpin has announced he expects Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady to sign a deal next week to complete his move to Spartak Moscow. Head coach Karpin spoke about his impressions of the Scottish-born Republic of Ireland international as the deal edges closer to completion.

"McGeady can be expected to sign next week. On Tuesday we talked with him in Tarasovka [Spartak's training facility] and I confess he left a very good impression. He is a solid young man who clearly loves his football.

"Everyone forgets that McGeady is born and raised in Britain and a departure from home is always a difficult event. His desire to become acquainted with Russia and Moscow is completely understandable. He didn't ask for any special conditions and much of what people say and write does not correspond with reality.

"He only asked for a driver to accompany him for the first three months, because he is not accustomed to 'Russian roads'. He calmed down when he learnt that many of our players have private drivers," Karpin told Sport Express.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:34am

Tardelli has a good point. Would be good for more of our players to be playing in Europe and learning new techniques to British football

MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:03am
would be a good move if he settled in playing regular football against good teams and champions league will be good
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 5:49pm

Every one of Celtic's players wants Aiden McGeady to stay at the club, according to captain Scott Brown.

Speculation about McGeady's future has dominated the build-up to the Hoops' Clydesdale Bank Premier League season, with several clubs thought to be vying for his services. Brown believes the winger would grace any league in the world but is desperate for him to remain at Parkhead once the transfer window closes.

"I think everyone in the dressing room wants him to stay," he said. "Aiden's a fantastic player. I think he'd fit in well to any Premier League team as well."

He added: "If he goes, we wish him all the best, but we hope he stays."

McGeady made his first appearance in a Hoops jersey since May this afternoon, playing almost an hour of his club's 2-2 Emirates Cup draw against Lyon.

He showed glimpses of the talent that have seen Spartak Moscow lodge a bid - reportedly £9.5million - for his services and rumoured interest from Aston Villa and Tottenham.

Brown said: "He's a huge player for us, he's great, he's talented, can create chances and score goals.

"We've maybe missed that in the last couple of games but you've seen over the last four or five seasons he's played for Celtic, he's been frightening.

"He creates chances from nothing."

He's created bupkis for Ireland.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 6:38am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Tardelli has a good point. Would be good for more of our players to be playing in Europe and learning new techniques to British football

Absolutely. We love the game in Britain and Ireland but its plain to see that we aren't the best at playing it so learning different styles of football can only be good . . I personally think moving to Spartak would be a better move than moving to Aston Villa . .

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 12:10pm
Zenit V Spartak is on ESPN in a few mins

EDIT: Match called off. probably because of the fires.

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 08 Aug 2010 at 12:18pm

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 12:54pm
http://videocelts.com/2010/08/blogs/neil-lennon-confirms-aiden-mcgeadys-departure
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 1:16pm

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has admitted he has resigned himself to Aiden McGeady leaving the club and cannot now see him heading anywhere but Spartak Moscow.

Lennon spoke to the midfielder since his visit to Moscow and believes the trip has sold McGeady on the £9.5million move.

Celtic lost their final pre-season game 2-1 at home to Blackburn without McGeady being involved and Lennon, who claims he will receive "all the money" from any sale, believes the transfer could be sealed within 48 hours.

He said: "He was in yesterday and more or less said his goodbyes really so we'll see how that develops over the next one or two days. I would probably think it will be Moscow.

"He's going to go to Moscow in the next few days and get the deal finalised and that will be a relief in terms of putting the deal to bed because the sooner it's done the better. I'll get all the money.

"I won't be relieved at Aiden going because I'll be losing my best player and nobody wants to do that, but we feel it's good money for a top player.

"Having spoken to him yesterday he seemed a lot more settled. He said he liked what he saw. I'd like to think the way he was talking, this is the club he will go to unless something happens last minute."

It is understood McGeady would prefer to move to the Premier League and he has been linked with Aston Villa, managed by his former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill, but Lennon doubts there will be a twist in the tale.

He added: "From what I gather it should get done over the next couple of days.

"It's not England, but you can't always get what you want in football. He's going to a big club with a decent pedigree and it might develop him further. All we can do is wish him the best."

Propagandhi® View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:12pm

Aiden McGeady is set to complete his transfer to Spartak Moscow in the next two days, according to the Russian club's sporting director Dmitri Popov.

The Celtic winger travelled to Moscow last week where he spoke to officials from Spartak and it is now understood that he has finally been persuaded to join the club.

The Republic of Ireland international has been given permission by his national team manager Giovanni Trapattoni to miss his countries game against Argentina on Wednesday in order to settle his club future.

Celtic are set to receive £9.5 million for the transfer of McGeady, who has also been linked with a move to Aston Villa.

However, despite Villa’s strong interest they were never in a position to make a formal offer, with the sale of James Milner progressing longer than they would have hoped for, which has given Spartak the green light to conclude the deal.

“Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady will sign a contract in the next two days with Spartak,” Popov said to Bobsoccer.

"McGeady also had a proposal from Rubin Kazan but the player chose Spartak. This means that our brand means something in football. Tomorrow or the day after everything will be concluded."

Meanwhile, one player who won’t be playing with McGeady at Spartak is Stipe Pletikosa, who is close to joining Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham.

The 31-year-old goalkeeper is travelling to London where he will finalise his switch and provide competition for Heurelho Gomes and Carlo Cudicini.

"Yes tomorrow he (Pletikosa) will arrive in London for examinations," Popov replied when asked about Pletikosa’s transfer to White Hart Lane.

The transfer has gathered pace after Spartak signed Alexandr Belenov as a replacement for the Croatian keeper.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 4:30pm
Celtic legend Tommy Gemmell has declared Aiden McGeady still has much to prove when he seals his switch to Spartak Moscow.

McGeady, 24, is expected to wrap up a £9.5 million move to Russia in the coming days once he passes a medical in Frankfurt, Germany. Despite being linked with Aston Villa, the Republic of Ireland international has chosen to run down the wing at the Luzhniki Stadium.

Gemmell says there is still room for improvement with McGeady and this scuppered his dream of a move to the Premier League.

He said: "Peter Lawwell [Celtic chief executive] has done a great job getting almost £10million from Spartak.

"I get the impression Aiden was holding off to see if he could get a club in England.

"But with the size of the transfer fee, I don't think there would be a team in England who would be interested in paying that for Aiden McGeady.

"The way I look at it is he [Martin O'Neill wanted to sign Aiden McGeady and I don't think Villa wanted to go above the £5million limit.

"Aiden has got to go to Moscow and prove himself.

"If you don't do the business, there is nobody interested in you.

"He is still improving. He has a lot of things to prove to the football world and a lot of improvement to make in his own game.

"He has to gel with the players around him, which sometimes didn't happen at Celtic."

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 6:47am
Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady has completed his medical for Spartak Moscow and will be an official Red and White player by the end of the week according to Sovetsky Sport.

The Russian media source has stated that the Moscow side expect McGeady to make his debut on Saturday week when Spartak host Tom Tomsk of Siberia. McGeady will be spared the long travelling requirements of the RPL for his first match at least, which will allow him time to familiarise himself with his new home.

Differing sources across Russia still debate the wage agreement in the contract, ranging from €1.5-3 million a year and it looks like we will have to wait for an official announcement, if there is one.

Spartak will face rivals Lokomotiv in the Moscow derby this weekend, a highly important encounter for both if they have any ambitions of reaching Europe next year.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 5:16pm

Celtic winger Aiden McGeady has agreed to join Russian outfit Spartak Moscow on a four and a half-year deal according to Sky Sports News.

The transfer had been widely anticipated, with Bhoys manager Neil Lennon saying earlier today:

"We're hoping it's going to get over the line on Thursday or Friday,

"He was having a medical with Moscow. I'm sure that will be fine - hopefully it will be done this week.

"We're working very hard behind the scenes to bring in players in the positions we want," he continued.

"I don't know if we'll have anything for you before the weekend but we're hoping."

It is unclear whether Celtic will splash any of the money from the transfer fee to replace McGeady, with manager Neil Lennon having touted Paddy McCourt as a natural replacement.

“He's playing against Michel Salgado, who has been a world-class full-back, and given him a really tough time for long periods of the game.

"He's wonderful to watch. He's beautifully balanced and he's got great vision and great feet and that's why we decided to get him on a longer-term contract. He's pleased and we're pleased.

"They're different types of players. Paddy doesn't have Aiden's dynamic style of play, but he's got qualities that more than make up for that in his vision, touch and timing of passes. We'd all love to see Paddy play 25-30 games a season, but you have to take it week by week."

Spartak boss Valery Karpin also spoke of the deal to bring the Irish winger to Russia: "McGeady is a different type of player.

"He is not what you would call a typical British winger or wide player who just takes the ball and crosses it into the box.

"McGeady can take the ball down and play football on the ground with skill.

"Another option he gives to us is the ability to play on the left side and the right, so he's not one-sided in that respect.

"As I have said, I'm sure he will be good for us."

Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 7:11am
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 7:28am
Best of luck Aiden
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 8:10am
Still cant understand that transfer, but best of luck Aiden!Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic