You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 37>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I wouldn't say there's much between Henderson and Travers in terms of ability. I would say that Henderson is on a very good salary compared to Travers so man utd would need to pay a chunk of it.

To be honest, I can't see this move happening. Bournemouth will want competition in other areas as more of a priority. 

He's on over 100k a week.

120k a week so Bournemouth would be picking up half of it. Like You Tell Me said, they'd be paying out around half of that for what you would consider a half decent back up, and there's worse areas of the team to spend that money on. It makes sense from their perspective
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:33pm
After Parker got Fulham promoted he replaced the keeper that helped them to promotion with Alphonse Areola on loan.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 2:33pm
Henderson agreeing a deal with Newcastle apparently. That bombscare regarding poor Travers looks to be out the way. Going to be interesting to see who they bring in. Will be hard to find a backup close to as good as Henderson is.

Edited by kevin100 - 19 May 2022 at 2:34pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 5:15pm
feel like they might just sign woodman permanently and have him start as backup to travers, apparently parker really likes woodman. but obviously he recognized travers was in great form and woodman i think only played once during his loan, in the fa cup loss to boreham wood
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

As it stands, I'd say Travers and Doherty will be the only consistant irish representation in the premier league next year.

Coleman will play a more bit part role at Everton. Duffy will likely move on now.

I think Shane Long is now out of contract with Southampton.

Well, if Gav goes to So'ton, then that would be a huge boost to our PL appearances.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 11:44pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:06am
Incredible stuff, we really are well stacked with keepers for the next 15 years Smile
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 6:18pm
New 5 year contract. Looks like a vote of confidence.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 6:32pm
Great news. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 7:38pm
Acting now to protect their asset. Championship golden glove winner and supporters player of the season. He's not the finished article but if he ends up having a really good season next year, but Bournemouth still go down, there would be a lot of interest. So it makes sense to get him on a long contract at this point.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:56pm
Bournemouth in talks to sign Neto from Barcelona. Shocked
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Bournemouth in talks to sign Neto from Barcelona. Shocked
Good, Travers needs competition 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 1:34pm
Yeah I don't think Bournemouth would be looking to bring in a lad whose probably on more than others in the club, and would have offers from better clubs than Bournemouth to be second choice.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 2:14pm
Judging by his appearances he's only ever been first choice in 5 of his 14 seasons at club level.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 2:17pm
The wages he'd be on it's unlikely he'd be signed as a second choice. But looking at the state of Bournemouth's outfield squad, relative to what would be needed to stay up, if they have that kind of money to spend on wages it would be better spent on outfield players rather than an expensive keeper when Travers was their player of the season last year. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The wages he'd be on it's unlikely he'd be signed as a second choice. But looking at the state of Bournemouth's outfield squad, relative to what would be needed to stay up, if they have that kind of money to spend on wages it would be better spent on outfield players rather than an expensive keeper when Travers was their player of the season last year. 

apparently neto is on like 100k pounds/week which is insane. completely agree with the point in bold, would be really brutal for travers if he loses his spot like this
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:24pm
Areola was given stupid wages by West Ham last year and he played 2nd fiddle to Fabianski. If Bournemouth are willing to match even a % of Netos wages then it's a no brainer for him to go there won't be many of any other clubs match it. Suspect it will be similar to Dean Henderson at Utd in that they pay a good portion of them and Barca pay the excess myself.

He's 34yo so will be looking for a final lucrative contract. Lad has also played 2nd even 3rd fiddle at clubs for a good portion of his career so don't know how lads can conclude he "won't want to be sitting on the bench".

Could have it all wrong maybe he will get the nod over our lad. It would make absolutely zero sense not to have your most promising young player and most sellable asset as first choice but then again Bournemouths window has been strange. 

Neto is real good competition to a young keeper like Travers if he struggles don't forget he is young and certainly Bournemouth will struggle. That might effect Travers himself my one worry for the lad. Ability is not in question.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Can see Bournemouth being worse than Norwich were when they got promoted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 37>
  Share Topic