You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marcelo Bielsa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishBhoy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:21pm
I'm from Spain and Athletic fan. I know lot of Bielsa, its nice manager. He's very strict with the players, work very hard. He rejected an offer of Inter Milan to continues in Athletic Bilbao!
Sponsored Links

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:27pm
i know hes out of work since June, would he consider taking the Irish job

Im not against o'neill, but i dont think it should be a one horse race either
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

p.s - honestly how many guys on here would even know who Marcelo Bielsa
was only for Javier.

Quite a lot I'd imagine.

Former Argentina and Chile manager, recently took Athletic to the Europa League and Copa del Rey finals. Was linked with the Barcelona and Inter Milan jobs in recent years. Also a direct influence on many new successful young managers. Most notably Guardiola who regards him as the best manager in the world also a massive influence on Tata Martino and Pochettino.

this
anyone with half an interest in world football knows who biesla is and is philosophy on football

Alot on here just hop on the wagon when they hear a name.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:53pm
Is Kerrzy paid by JD to promote the FAI ceo? Defends him and his policies at every opportunity and is apparently wellnin with a high up FAI officialShockedLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:53pm
He threatened to resign if Jorge Segovia was made president of the Chilean FA
which he was and Bielsa subsequently resigned even though Segovia's Presidency 
was annulled .How long would he stay with us with Delaney at the helm?
Would the FAI even have the balls to reprimand him
should a situation arise?By all accounts he is a fiery character with a decent 
enough CV but Im not sure they would take a chance on him, not to mention 
him even entertaining the idea of managing us.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:58pm
See I can't underatand Irish peoples attitudes sometimes. Its almost like "he wouldn't want the job so why even ask him". Yes maybe but how do you know unless you ask?? Who would have thought Trap would be interesred in us?  Ww pay a good salary and its not beyond the bounds of possibility that a decent manager might fancy the job.  Why do we always look to England for our next manager??  Its not the centre of the universe.

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:06pm
When did I become the FAI?
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

See I can't underatand Irish peoples attitudes sometimes. Its almost like "he wouldn't want the job so why even ask him". Yes maybe but how do you know unless you ask?? Who would have thought Trap would be interesred in us?  Ww pay a good salary and its not beyond the bounds of possibility that a decent manager might fancy the job.  Why do we always look to England for our next manager??  Its not the centre of the universe.

Agree cost nothing to make a call and ask him over for a large bottle apples and a chat, out to coppers, get him hooked on the new series of love hate. JOB DONE. Sorted
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:13pm

We don't always look to England. Our last 3 managers weren't working there.

The answer I suppose is the FAI haven't even decided on the approach yet. I assume there will be a committee. That committee may advertise the role or decide to invite people for interview or even just pick someone and offer it to them.

Giving out about a process that hasn't even begun for Jaysis sake.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The answer I suppose is the FAI haven't even decided on the approach yet. I assume there will be a committee. That committee may advertise the role or decide to invite people for interview or even just pick someone and offer it to them.

Bet anything O'Neill is named within 14 days maybe even 5 from now. I dont think there will be a process.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm

Totally agree,  do some of yiz think the FAI are gonna be going public about where they are with it?  It's not even been a week since Trap finished FFS.

And for anyone to say the FAI would simply ignore Bielsa (or anyone else for that matter) is just ludicrous.

Personally I don't want another manager who can't speak English to a high standard, that has to be a massive box to be ticked by a candidate.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Totally agree,  do some of yiz think the FAI are gonna be going public about where they are with it?  It's not even been a week since Trap finished FFS.

And for anyone to say the FAI would simply ignore Bielsa (or anyone else for that matter) is just ludicrous.

Personally I don't want another manager who can't speak English to a high standard, that has to be a massive box to be ticked by a candidate.

good job biesla is fluent in english thenWink
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:30pm

Is Kerrzy paid by JD to promote the FAI ceo? Defends him and his policies at every opportunity and is apparently wellnin with a high up FAI officialShockedLOL

How do you or anyone else on YBIG know whether he has been approached/put his name forward/ in any way interested/affordableConfused

And well in with who exactlyLOL

Edited by Kerrzy - 17 Sep 2013 at 2:31pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 3:10pm

Bet anything O'Neill is named within 14 days maybe even 5 from now. I dont think there will be a process.
If he is appointed there was a process. It might not be a process you like, but its a process.

Or put another way, cool the jets. No point getting angry about what might happen.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

How do you or anyone else on YBIG know whether he has been approached/put his name forward/ in any way interested/affordableConfused

the press usually know very quickly if a manager has been approached or shown 
interest. Plus sometimes organizations  might leak a potential appointment to the press to gauge public reaction.

Was only taking the piss about your connection with JD by the wayWink

Edited by Trap junior - 17 Sep 2013 at 4:43pm

Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:46pm

In fairness to Kerrzy he always calls it as he sees it

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

the press usually know very quickly if a manager has been approached or shown <span ="apple-style-span"="" style="font-family: sans-serif; line-height: normal; font-size: medium; "><div style="display: inline !imant; ">interest. Plus sometimes organizations  might leak a potential appointment to the press to gauge public reaction.
</span>
<span ="apple-style-span"="" style="font-family: sans-serif; line-height: normal; font-size: medium; "><div style="display: inline !imant; ">
</span>
<font ="apple-style-span"="" face="sans-serif" size="3"><span ="apple-style-span"="" style="line-height: normal;">Was only taking the piss about your connection with JD by the wayWink</span>

TJ you got that straight from Dunphy's rant about Venables on you tube you plagiarising mutha f**ka .Dunphy going on about purposely leaked stories in the press that prime public opinion. etc etc
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

In fairness to Kerrzy he always calls it as he sees it

I actually burst out laughing in the local on my tobler after seeing that ye cxxt
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic