Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45720
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 4:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Marcelo Bielsa
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Marcelo Bielsa
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:48pm
This guy is available and the FAI dont even sound him out.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:52pm
How do you know they won't suss him out?

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:55pm
By all accounts MON has already been chosen

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This guy is available and the FAI dont even sound him out.

Will ya stop tj!! Javier will have a field day Ouch

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:35am
How did he do in the 2002 World Cup in comparison to Giovanni Trapattoni?

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:38am

By all accounts MON has already been chosen

SOURCE?

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:03am
Australia, Paraguay, Venezuela, Perú and Mexico as well Eire are in the running as well according to the gossip from sport networks in argentina,  t&c sports, fox sports argentina and espn, and espn + argentina. 

That's why his nickname is the "king of the underdogs".  He was a mentor to Pep Guardiola you can trace this fact.

Someone said that his odds are 20/1 it appears.  Maybe Delaney has a surprise for all of you before Xmas time

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Maybe Delaney has a surprise for all of you before Xmas time
Nutsy?

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:47pm
presumably the fai dont know who he is.They seem to be in a rush to employ MON who will play dull football and crowds will see this after a few games. Very short sighted to put some extra ticket sales for the kazakhstan match ahead of employingbthe right man to move us forward.  O Neill could be a success and he is a good candidate but not the ONLY candidate and I believe there are better options out there for us.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:50pm
YAWN

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

YAWN

While i dont mind MON at all,you can be pretty sure the FAI wont look to far a field.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:55pm
p.s - honestly how many guys on here would even know who Marcelo Bielsa
was only for Javier.

Posted By: Snagtree
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:56pm
Would love to see bielsa take charge but it's never going to happen

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

was only for Javier.

Javier = Bielsa

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: Snagtree
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm
i would but would never in a million years linked him with the ireland job

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm

was only for Javier.

Quite a lot I'd imagine.

Former Argentina and Chile manager, recently took Athletic to the Europa League and Copa del Rey finals. Was linked with the Barcelona and Inter Milan jobs in recent years. Also a direct influence on many new successful young managers. Most notably Guardiola who regards him as the best manager in the world also a massive influence on Tata Martino and Pochettino.

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

was only for Javier.

Quite a lot I'd imagine.

Former Argentina and Chile manager, recently took Athletic to the Europa League and Copa del Rey finals. Was linked with the Barcelona and Inter Milan jobs in recent years. Also a direct influence on many new successful young managers. Most notably Guardiola who regards him as the best manager in the world also a massive influence on Tata Martino and Pochettino.

this
anyone with half an interest in world football knows who biesla is and is philosophy on football

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

was only for Javier.

Quite a lot I'd imagine.

this
anyone with half an interest in world football knows who biesla is and is philosophy on football
What football fan doesn't know who he is?

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: IrishBhoy7
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:21pm
I'm from Spain and Athletic fan. I know lot of Bielsa, its nice manager. He's very strict with the players, work very hard. He rejected an offer of Inter Milan to continues in Athletic Bilbao!

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:27pm
i know hes out of work since June, would he consider taking the Irish job

Im not against o'neill, but i dont think it should be a one horse race either

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

was only for Javier.

Quite a lot I'd imagine.

this

Alot on here just hop on the wagon when they hear a name.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:53pm
Is Kerrzy paid by JD to promote the FAI ceo? Defends him and his policies at every opportunity and is apparently wellnin with a high up FAI officialShockedLOL

-------------

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:53pm
He threatened to resign if Jorge Segovia was made president of the Chilean FA
which he was and Bielsa subsequently resigned even though Segovia's Presidency 
was annulled .How long would he stay with us with Delaney at the helm?
Would the FAI even have the balls to reprimand him
should a situation arise?By all accounts he is a fiery character with a decent 
enough CV but Im not sure they would take a chance on him, not to mention 
him even entertaining the idea of managing us.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:58pm
See I can't underatand Irish peoples attitudes sometimes. Its almost like "he wouldn't want the job so why even ask him". Yes maybe but how do you know unless you ask?? Who would have thought Trap would be interesred in us?  Ww pay a good salary and its not beyond the bounds of possibility that a decent manager might fancy the job.  Why do we always look to England for our next manager??  Its not the centre of the universe.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:06pm
When did I become the FAI?

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:10pm

See I can't underatand Irish peoples attitudes sometimes. Its almost like "he wouldn't want the job so why even ask him". Yes maybe but how do you know unless you ask?? Who would have thought Trap would be interesred in us?  Ww pay a good salary and its not beyond the bounds of possibility that a decent manager might fancy the job.  Why do we always look to England for our next manager??  Its not the centre of the universe.

Agree cost nothing to make a call and ask him over for a large bottle apples and a chat, out to coppers, get him hooked on the new series of love hate. JOB DONE. Sorted

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:13pm

We don't always look to England. Our last 3 managers weren't working there.

The answer I suppose is the FAI haven't even decided on the approach yet. I assume there will be a committee. That committee may advertise the role or decide to invite people for interview or even just pick someone and offer it to them.

Giving out about a process that hasn't even begun for Jaysis sake.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The answer I suppose is the FAI haven't even decided on the approach yet. I assume there will be a committee. That committee may advertise the role or decide to invite people for interview or even just pick someone and offer it to them.

Bet anything O'Neill is named within 14 days maybe even 5 from now. I dont think there will be a process.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm

Totally agree,  do some of yiz think the FAI are gonna be going public about where they are with it?  It's not even been a week since Trap finished FFS.

And for anyone to say the FAI would simply ignore Bielsa (or anyone else for that matter) is just ludicrous.

Personally I don't want another manager who can't speak English to a high standard, that has to be a massive box to be ticked by a candidate.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Totally agree,  do some of yiz think the FAI are gonna be going public about where they are with it?  It's not even been a week since Trap finished FFS.

And for anyone to say the FAI would simply ignore Bielsa (or anyone else for that matter) is just ludicrous.

Personally I don't want another manager who can't speak English to a high standard, that has to be a massive box to be ticked by a candidate.

good job biesla is fluent in english thenWink

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:30pm

Is Kerrzy paid by JD to promote the FAI ceo? Defends him and his policies at every opportunity and is apparently wellnin with a high up FAI officialShockedLOL

How do you or anyone else on YBIG know whether he has been approached/put his name forward/ in any way interested/affordableConfused

And well in with who exactlyLOL

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 3:10pm

Bet anything O'Neill is named within 14 days maybe even 5 from now. I dont think there will be a process.
If he is appointed there was a process. It might not be a process you like, but its a process.

Or put another way, cool the jets. No point getting angry about what might happen.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:42pm

How do you or anyone else on YBIG know whether he has been approached/put his name forward/ in any way interested/affordableConfused

the press usually know very quickly if a manager has been approached or shown 
interest. Plus sometimes organizations  might leak a potential appointment to the press to gauge public reaction.

Was only taking the piss about your connection with JD by the wayWink

-------------

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:46pm

In fairness to Kerrzy he always calls it as he sees it

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:47pm

the press usually know very quickly if a manager has been approached or shown <span ="apple-style-span"="" style="font-family: sans-serif; line-height: normal; font-size: medium; "><div style="display: inline !imant; ">interest. Plus sometimes organizations  might leak a potential appointment to the press to gauge public reaction.
</span>
<span ="apple-style-span"="" style="font-family: sans-serif; line-height: normal; font-size: medium; "><div style="display: inline !imant; ">
</span>
<font ="apple-style-span"="" face="sans-serif" size="3"><span ="apple-style-span"="" style="line-height: normal;">Was only taking the piss about your connection with JD by the wayWink</span>

TJ you got that straight from Dunphy's rant about Venables on you tube you plagiarising mutha f**ka .Dunphy going on about purposely leaked stories in the press that prime public opinion. etc etc

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

In fairness to Kerrzy he always calls it as he sees it

I actually burst out laughing in the local on my tobler after seeing that ye cxxt

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:51pm
I was reading with the aid of Google translate that the peruvian fa want bielsa as their new coach.

Reckon it wouldn't be any harm adding him to the list and seeing if he's interested.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:12pm

Australia, Paraguay, Venezuela, Perú and Mexico as well Eire are in the running as well according to the gossip from sport networks in argentina,  t&c sports, fox sports argentina and espn, and espn + argentina. 

That's why his nickname is the "king of the underdogs".  He was a mentor to Pep Guardiola you can trace this fact.

Someone said that his odds are 20/1 it appears.  Maybe Delaney has a surprise for all of you before Xmas time

Australia have just qualified for the World Cup, why would they replace their coach?

Venezuela, under Farias are having their best ever campaign (to my knowledge) so why in gods name would they replace him?

Call a spade, a spade here, this is more bullsh*t from Javier again Sleepy

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:13pm
He would be the kind of manager with international experience that may bide his time and see if an already qualified team has a manager leave their post between now and next June. For one reason or another it usually happens. Wasnt Trap nearly off to the Super Eagles 4 years agoShocked

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Australia have just qualified for the World Cup, why would they replace their coach?

Venezuela, under Farias are having their best ever campaign (to my knowledge) so why in gods name would they replace him?

Google "socceroos bielsa", spaz! 
I always provide 100% pure, raw information, if some of you cant handle it, it is up to each one's uprising since childhood to adulthood. 
Some  guys have to pay attention to mama and finish the soup.

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:33pm
Javier isn't bullsh*tting. The media have certainly linked him with the Peru, Venezuela, Mexico and Qatar jobs.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:40pm
Alabanza yo es ninguna alabanza.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Google "socceroos bielsa", spaz! 
I always provide 100% pure, raw information, if some of you cant handle it, it is up to each one's uprising since childhood to adulthood. 
Some  guys have to pay attention to mama and finish the soup.

A few media reports don't prove anything though? Most stories are bullsh*t and never materialize. 

Oh yeah, like Fox Argentina run so many stories on the Irish football team and half the other tripe you've posted? Delaney is like Chellini was another classic Confused

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:00pm
tut tut credit where it's due GD

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

tut tut credit where it's due GD

I have no problem in admitting fair play to him in finding out a bit of online hear say, how many times was Trapnoclue aloud get points across before one of them ends up turning up correct?

-------------

Posted By: The IrishRebel
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 6:42pm
This would a great appointment by the FAi, a bold, brave move that would benifit Irish football both in the short and long term.

He is a tactical genius, who favours a flexible 4-2-3-1 that has the ability to morph into a 3-3-1-3 during the game when required. Would play a high intensity, high pressing game too. I would love if he was to take the job but that is about as unlikely as myself getting it

-------------
And here's ROBBIE KEANE.... YESSSSSS!!!!!

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by The IrishRebel The IrishRebel wrote:

This would a great appointment by the FAi, a bold, brave move that would benifit Irish football both in the short and long term.

He is a tactical genius, who favours a flexible 4-2-3-1 that has the ability to morph into a 3-3-1-3 during the game when required. Would play a high intensity, high pressing game too. I would love if he was to take the job but that is about as unlikely as myself getting it

The Peruvian offer was some PERU football offcial contacted Valdano, former real Madrid and Argentina player, who is friend with Bielsa, an offer was made but i think it was rejected.

Poland is looking for him and I think a good offer was made,  he rejected Australia and México for similar situatons, they fired an incumbent manager when there are still things to play for in both cases. 

Posted By: Fizzy Orange
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 2:01pm
  Can't see a foreign manager ever doing well here.  We don't have a proper league to develop our players and there's too much corruption, self-centered politics and competition between FAI, GAA and other associations.  In short, another big name experiment for me would only start getting embarassing 
  No disrespect to the likes of Bielsa here (who otherwise seems to be the best out of the lot of them).  But I still think McCarthy- with his complex no-nonsense mix of experience, grit and pride in the role- is the only one capable of taking us as far as we deserve to go in international tournaments.

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Fizzy Orange Fizzy Orange wrote:

Can't see a foreign manager ever doing well here.  We don't have a proper league to develop our players and there's too much corruption, self-centered politics and competition between FAI, GAA and other associations.  In short, another big name experiment for me would only start getting embarassing 
  No disrespect to the likes of Bielsa here (who otherwise seems to be the best out of the lot of them).  But I still think McCarthy- with his complex no-nonsense mix of experience, grit and pride in the role- is the only one capable of taking us as far as we deserve to go in international tournaments.

The Irish have to revolutionise the game here, and part of that revolution involves getting the senior team to move away from the traditional british style game to a more sophisticated continental style. If we keep playing the same old stuff we will be like Scotland in no time in the knackers yard of international football. Appointing McCarthy or O'Neill is an Irish solution to an Irish problem. Instead of looking to the future we look to the past.  That old English style game belongs in the history books because it cant produce success in modern football. The game plan is so obvious and easy to defend against and we are being outfoxed tactically and out played technically. Mick might get us to pass it better if he is like the Mick of 2000 but he played 442 nearly all the time which we now know is about as useful in modern international football as Paul Gascoine is to international terrorist negotiations

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:11am
Yes,  the brittish game is very easy to defend, the main problem is tactically, then technically, but tactically what happened with Trap at euros  he mixed the worst from the brittish and the worst from catenaccio  ("la jaula" or the cage in english),  the funny thing is that his team got trapped in the cage near the end of his tenure,  for example  duff and mcgead were isolated by the rivals, and the hope of chances faded away, as the football volume, Trapattoni is a charismatic lier, and that's why he got the job, anyway he is gone, left some good signs for the outsiders, but from inside not so good, his time because he destroyed the confidence of players, brought order and shape, and a certain mentality. 

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:19am
Pocchettino his only experience was in Español of Barcelona were he got the sack, so check this, he is no world beater  young guy learning his game, but he put a very very average team, IN CL position now, with high tempo, pressing and playing tactically,  a switch between  4-3-3- 4-5-1-, 3-1-4.2 or 4-3-1-2 depending the situations they are facing in games, and he doesnt speak a drop on english in his 10 years playing carrer in Europa between Español,  PSG and Bordeaux, but he has the BIELSA school. the Bielsa method the one that suits the irish to prevail.

ah , Pocchettino was born in Murphy, Argentina

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:29am

Originally posted by The IrishRebel The IrishRebel wrote:

The Peruvian offer was some PERU football offcial contacted Valdano, former real Madrid and Argentina player, who is friend with Bielsa, an offer was made but i think it was rejected.

Poland is looking for him and I think a good offer was made,  he rejected Australia and México for similar situatons, they fired an incumbent manager when there are still things to play for in both cases. 

He is not gonna be the Polish manger anyway
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/poland-fa-names-nawalka-as-new-manager/" rel="nofollow - http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/poland-fa-names-nawalka-as-new-manager/

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 10:06am
Boniek is the president of the polish football federation, great player. 

Some irish said that Poland have better players than Ireland, i dont think so, i know they have 2 or 3 at Dormund and one good playmaker that i really rate Obraniak lefty number 10 plays in Bordeaux, they have depth in GK but that is up to it.  They are a mediocre side, tbh. 

They made an offer to Bielsa 2 weeks ago,

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 10:16am
One thing that I think didnt appeal him, was the lack of seriousness in projects from the polish, federation they had 4 manager in the last 5 years, it shows there's no continuity in projects, no time to develop, that's why they fail miserably, one thing that "el loco" really cares about as a priority is continuity in footie projects as a junction, even before money.  Poland is a circus like México!! 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net