You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16731674167516761677 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 12:38pm
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

https://punditarena.com/football/darraghmurphy/harry-maguire-english-speaking-defender/

Jesus Christ
I assume it is so he might pick some of the language up?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:29pm
Over 144 games (Mourinho's tenure at United) Solskjaer (currently at 137) will now finish on a lower win percentage over the same amount of games, regardless of how they do in the next 7 and with less trophies won, in Solskjaer's case none. 

The jury is firmly out on him.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 1:12pm
I really struggle to see any positives that he brings, bar being a likable guy.
Terrible football being played, questionable tactics, other than yesterday his seemingly stubbornness to use substitutes available.
I personally wouldn't give him a new contract as I dont see any progress but it seems the owners are happy with Top 4, which I still not convinced he'll get, and a new contract will be his
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Over 144 games (Mourinho's tenure at United) Solskjaer (currently at 137) will now finish on a lower win percentage over the same amount of games, regardless of how they do in the next 7 and with less trophies won, in Solskjaer's case none. 

Wait, if the Jury is out on him then it's too early to judge him so LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It was in relation to the wild claims being that they've made progress under him, which is very much debatable.

Now back to your barstool Wink
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:57pm

It was in relation to the wild claims being that they've made progress under him, which is very much debatable.

But you contradicted your own previous statement by stating the jury was out ya gobsh*te LOL

My United barstool like your Sunderland one is in reserve as it's international week Wink . We'll be both singing from the same hymn sheet on Wednesday Big smile

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:04pm

But you contradicted your own previous statement by stating the jury was out ya gobsh*te LOL

My United barstool like your Sunderland one is in reserve as it's international week Wink . We'll be both singing from the same hymn sheet on Wednesday Big smile

I couldn't be arsed debating what I said, been on a Zoom Meeting all evening I'm too tired LOL

Not too hopeful about Wednesday unfortunately, drowning our sorrows is looking likely Cry

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 8:00pm
Is wan bissaka one of the worst right fulls in top flight football ? 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 8:34pm
As usual Jekyll & Hyde stuff with United. 

It's unbelievable how United are in second place in the league. The two clubs that are doomed for relegation, they lose at home to Sheffield United and struggle in the two games to West Brom.  

Looks like Martial is out for the season. 

Unless there's a complete capitulation United should make the top 4 even if they lose to Brighton. 

I don't fancy United in the Europa League either. Roma will knock them out in the semi-final should they get past Granada. 

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Apr 2021 at 8:35pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:17am
As a fan of united I'm devastated to see their name included on that list for the super league but I shouldn't be surprised because the glazers don't give a f**k about the football club and its fans all they care about is money and thats what this decision comes down to 

I would have no complaints if the FA came our and kicked the club out of the league if they go ahead with this and when the thing goes to sh*te or doesn't work as they expect it to and they come running back to the league let them start from the bottom and then that **** Joe glazer would actually see what the football pyramid is about since he talks about wanting to improve it by creating this "super league"
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 11:17pm
Barring a disaster in the second leg against Roma, hopefully United go on to win it. 

I think Arsenal will do enough to get through but would prefer if United played Villareal in the final. 

I know most United fans on here probably don't rate Solskjaer but a Europa League trophy & a top 4 finish would be a relatively successful season imo along with closing the gap on City and Liverpool. He needs to win a trophy though.   

Would probably take a draw at home to Liverpool on Sunday tbh as I'd expect a drop off in performance on the back of the Roma match. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 6:17pm
Fair play to United for kicking up a fuss. Perfect level of protest, enough to get the game called off without causing any physical harm to anyone. 

Getting a game called off will get lots of headlines abroad to the outrage at the Super League idea
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 6:21pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Fair play to United for kicking up a fuss. Perfect level of protest, enough to get the game called off without causing any physical harm to anyone. 

Getting a game called off will get lots of headlines abroad to the outrage at the Super League idea

Honestly, I cant help but see a lot of irony in Manchester United fans protesting a product of modern football, when they have benefitted greatly from it over a long period of time. And have probably been the leading light in the push to modern football.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 6:38pm

i don’t see how this would influence the Glazers or impacts their property / investment portfolio that United is to them. Similar repeat protests at the start of next season  - also in champions league say - with impacting points deduction might make a difference.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 7:05pm
Great day for united supporters, with a number of fc united supporters in the mix if it.

Majority seemed to be lads in 20s, shame they were only kids in 2005.

Only the start hopefully.

Absolutely pointless though if the club is still financially supported in August by supporters! 

Same argument still stands from 2005. Until it hits their pockets, the glazed wont be arsed about protests 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 7:36pm

Really? Loads of trouble not being reported because they're Sky's pet club. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 02 May 2021 at 7:37pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16731674167516761677 1770>
  Share Topic