Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15501551155215531554 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Not trying to be smart but why would Pochettino want to move to United?

A bigger influence on transfer policy, a bigger transfer budget and a bigger salary maybe ? Other than that, can't think of anything. 

But like with all transfers these days, Man U would have to pay way over the odds and make substantial promises to him.

I would think his next appointment will be abroad. 

As for Man U, they have so much to do to catch up with City and Liverpool. They need a 2/3 year plan and a massive budget! 

Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Would be career suicide for someone like Pochetino to go to United now. 

That couple of minutes in the first half where Pogba kept giving the ball away was the highlight of the weekend LOL he was like a lad invited to play after winning a raffle.
It wasn’t a couple of mins it was 3 times in about 45 seconds LOL
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Not trying to be smart but why would Pochettino want to move to United?

A bigger influence on transfer policy, a bigger transfer budget and a bigger salary maybe ? Other than that, can't think of anything. 

But like with all transfers these days, Man U would have to pay way over the odds and make substantial promises to him.

I would think his next appointment will be abroad. 

As for Man U, they have so much to do to catch up with City and Liverpool. They need a 2/3 year plan and a massive budget! 

Eh, isn’t this exactly what they’ve been doing for the past 6 years?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Would be career suicide for someone like Pochetino to go to United now. 

That couple of minutes in the first half where Pogba kept giving the ball away was the highlight of the weekend LOL he was like a lad invited to play after winning a raffle.
It wasn’t a couple of mins it was 3 times in about 45 seconds LOL

The best part was the pass to nobody on the touch line. He has more completed kicks to the touch line than Johnny Sexton in the last 2 seasons LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:17am
Pogba gave the ball away in his own half more than anyone else but created more chances in the opposition half than anyone else.

Both facts can't be ignored so how do you solve that? Push him further up the pitch in a #10 role?
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Pogba gave the ball away in his own half more than anyone else but created more chances in the opposition half than anyone else.

Both facts can't be ignored so how do you solve that? Push him further up the pitch in a #10 role?

I think the response to that is "pogba LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL"

Poch would be insane to come. Bigger budget, no chance. The MO over the past couple years has been to take money out from transfers and wages as much as possible, in addition to bleeding out the other revenue.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 01 Sep 2019 at 12:59pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He'll just be utter muck in the number 10 role then. Won't be long now til he's playing left back as the 'team system just isn't helping him in the midfield area'. What an imposter.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:18pm
Big Rom on fire in Serie A. I wonder was it a big mistake by United selling him.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 9:33am

Big Rom on fire in Serie A. I wonder was it a big mistake by United selling him.

His agent came out the other week and said he had grown 'bored' at United. He certainly appeared to have gotten bored training/looking after himself properly as he was in awful shape last season. I think him moving on and starting a fresh somewhere was a good move for both parties.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

His agent came out the other week and said he had grown 'bored' at United. He certainly appeared to have gotten bored training/looking after himself properly as he was in awful shape last season. I think him moving on and starting a fresh somewhere was a good move for both parties.
He’d be more suited to Italian football, I said it as soon it was announced I’d expect him to hit 25 goals this season. 

United looking to play on the counter doesn’t really suit him. Not that it suits them either 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:32pm
Big Rom had the movement of a statue last night for Inter. Missed an absolute sitter late on. Looks like he's been chomping on plenty of Italian food since moving as well.

He scored a penalty though, that's huge if anyone backed him for top scorer. He'll get plenty of goals in that Inter team though. He is their out and out main man it seems.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hopefully Pochettino becomes available at some stage this season then again I wouldn’t have confidence in the board or the Glazers in actually making the right decision on footballing matters.

And someone accused me of smoking pot earlier!  LOL

Edited by Territorial - 02 Sep 2019 at 12:44pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:51pm

Big Rom had the movement of a statue last night for Inter. Missed an absolute sitter late on. Looks like he's been chomping on plenty of Italian food since moving as well.

He scored a penalty though, that's huge if anyone backed him for top scorer. He'll get plenty of goals in that Inter team though. He is their out and out main man it seems.

This is the Man United thread, please stay on topic.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Ole is at the wheel.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:00pm

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Ole is at the wheel.

That's more like it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:11pm
Any working streams lads? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:20pm
Just checked Hesgoal and it is working fine. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:32pm
Cheers pm Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15501551155215531554 1770>
  Share Topic