Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10551056105710581059 1060>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Dublin For Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Rashford is a gem of a player. So good to watch. Very sad to see Ibrahimovic go off like that, really hope it's not the dreaded cruciate injury and possibly his last game. On Mourinhos pragmatism, I have to say he is absolutely killing United. His tactics are appalling. Anderlecht were out on their feet and hanging on for dear life for about 30 odd minutes. Then United score. You know what comes next, United retreat to the edge of their box and are certain to give up 1 or 2 good chances. That is all Mourinho and the exact same situation happened against Rostov. They were blessed in the last few minutes of each game not to be knocked out due to their managers tactics.
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Rashford is a gem of a player. So good to watch. Very sad to see Ibrahimovic go off like that, really hope it's not the dreaded cruciate injury and possibly his last game. On Mourinhos pragmatism, I have to say he is absolutely killing United. His tactics are appalling. Anderlecht were out on their feet and hanging on for dear life for about 30 odd minutes. Then United score. You know what comes next, United retreat to the edge of their box and are certain to give up 1 or 2 good chances. That is all Mourinho and the exact same situation happened against Rostov. They were blessed in the last few minutes of each game not to be knocked out due to their managers tactics.

I think Mourinho's biggest mistake was taking the midfield for granted tonight, which was overrun. Not the worst part about United tonight. The worst part would have been that they played how i felt at the start, which was very nervous. It's not tactics, it's not individual technical ability, it's not team selection, the simple fact is they were ready to bottle it tonight. Somehow they didn't. Painful to watch, but job done.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Apr 2017 at 12:24am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
YBIG Sycophant - "I like everyone"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:25am
How long is Benjamin button out for
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:30am
On another note, Paul Pogba has received so much criticism this season, a lot of which i feel is unfair. And one of the main reasons i feel it is unfair is that we are in the FIFA generation of "how many goals/assists has he provided" etc. One of the main reason these stats don't look better for him is how wasteful Zlatan has been. I honestly think that around half of the criticism Pogba has got should go to Zlatan. I know he's got 28 goals in all competitions and that's an impressive haul. But nobody who has watched United every game this year could argue that he hasn't been extremely wasteful. He has statistically wasted a considerable amount more big chances than any other player in the PL. If he'd scored as many chances as Pogba has put on a plate for him this year it'd be a different story, for both.

Pogba is not a 90 million player and he never will be. In fact, given current age, ability and future potential, i'd doubt if any player is worth that outlay. But, I think he's such an easy target because it's much, much easier to slate Pogba for a sh*t game if he creates one match-winning moment that isn't taken, when Zlatan (for example) can play awfully for 90 minutes and score a goal and it's forgotten about, as has been the case many times this season. I honestly think that Pogba has been very good this season, not among the very best in the league and certainly not a world record transfer fee sort of player (whatever that's supposed to be), but he does not deserve the stick he's getting as other players aren't taking the chances he makes, Zlatan being the worst offender.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Apr 2017 at 12:33am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:30am
Composure is something Rachford hasn't mastered yet . He's got all the attributes but still has a bit to go

Edited by BabbsBalls - 21 Apr 2017 at 12:31am
0 years since we last beat a higher ranked team.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:57am
Man U have 2 games a week now right to the end of the season.
They play Arsenal (A) and Spurs (A) after their next European games.

Even if they win the Europa league they don't want to be finishing 6/7th in the league so a lot of big games coming up.

I think Zlatan injury may be a good thing as it gives rashford a run of games. I think he has been under-utilised this season.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:50am
agree on zlatan's injury being a good thing for united as they've played far better football in the last couple with rashford as the central striker, but again hoping that his injury isn't that bad (hyper-extension of the knee)

the bigger loss is rojo. would prefer to see either fosu-mensah or tuanzebe go in alongside bailly. think blind is way off the pace at the moment from not playing regularly

rashford's finishing is still quite raw, should have finished the tie with that left-footed shot at the end, never mind that 1v1. think he'll have a lot more confidence in his finishing after that goal though. as for that rabona cross....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
YBIG Sycophant - "I like everyone"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:52am
United beat me for 2 bets last night. They seemed to miss some amount of chances again

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sussudio greatest song ever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Hopefully Anderlecht win 1-0 and it goes to extra time and penalties and United win- reapeat this in the Semis and and lose in the final, with a last minute goal in the league finale to finish 5th Thumbs Up

Embarrassed

Cant happen

If your saying that can't happen cause Anderlecht are playing away, then Jaysus Sleepy

Jaysus is right EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

You absolute dope LOL

Nearly worked out perfectly as predictedBig smile, actually better when you throw in those injuries. And I was just testing the Man United fans on the score line as no one actually watches the Europa league. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:30pm

Hopefully Anderlecht win 1-0 and it goes to extra time and penalties and United win- reapeat this in the Semis and and lose in the final, with a last minute goal in the league finale to finish 5th Thumbs Up

Embarrassed

Cant happen

If your saying that can't happen cause Anderlecht are playing away, then Jaysus Sleepy

You absolute dope LOL

Nearly worked out perfectly as predictedBig smile, actually better when you throw in those injuries. And I was just testing the Man United fans on the score line as no one actually watches the Europa league. 

I watch the Europa League 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sussudio greatest song ever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:34pm
LOL LOL 

I was saying Boooropa 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:46pm

Embarrassed

Cant happen

You absolute dope LOL

Clown

That may have worked if you hadnt posted a second time EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

United beat me for 2 bets last night. They seemed to miss some amount of chances again

Huge problem all year,did 2 bets on me as well last night.

They made a lot of work out of the tie when it really should have been all over from the first leg.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:57pm
What a player Rashford is! still needs to be more composed in front of goal but i'm really looking forward to watching him progress over the next few years.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm
Avoided Lyon in the draw which was the important thing. Celta vigo are currently 10th in la liga so not sure what kind of side they are (only have seen highlights of their Europa league ties)

With the injuries United currently have can see Jose using the formation that he used against Chelsea with 3 at the back alot more often and it will allow him to play rashford through the middle also (assuming zlatan is out for rest of the season)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Dublin For Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Embarrassed

Cant happen

You absolute dope LOL

I watch the Europa League 

Oi!!! Those images of me are copyrighted.

Image result for hans moleman gif
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Dublin For Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:13pm
Lyon being hugely overestimated imo. Very flakey side. Can be good, can be terrible on their day. Really think there's very little between all 4 sides left in the competition with United just being very slight favourites.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:45pm
4 fairly average teams left in the competition,on paper United are superior but as the season has shown they arent putting in the performances.
If United team show up and play like they did v Chelsea last Sunday you would expect them to beat any of those teams but that just wont happen.

United odds on now for the trophy. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10551056105710581059 1060>
  Share Topic