You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

People always go about losing weight the wrong way
Contrary to popular belief, running is not the best way

A quick, 20 minute weights programme every day is the best way. Low weights, plenty of reps and fuk all breaks.

Combine that with a healthy diet. Carbs before workout, protein afterwards.

Don't ignore cardio exercises however, but place more emphasis on the weights programme
that move of office to dundrum has obviously brought you a bit too close to educogym with that comment it seems!

Did it a few years ago, really good it was
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by GreenTribe GreenTribe wrote:

Pack of women on here it will be fake tan and moisturisers next lol

I remember when blokes were blokes and had a vigorous scrubdown with a brillo pad during a cold shower and shaved with a cut throat razor. I remember when i ran 3 marathons in one day on 2 broken legs and 3 broken arms and i never complained. Blokes these days
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:03pm

A quick, 20 minute weights programme every day is the best way. Low weights, plenty of reps and fuk all breaks.

Don't ignore cardio exercises however, but place more emphasis on the weights programme
that move of office to dundrum has obviously brought you a bit too close to educogym with that comment it seems!

Lol Ginzo, can you see Gerk following the anti alcohol, pill popping, over priced carb powders promoted by them?

Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:05pm

Did it a few years ago, really good it was
i knew you had to have with that comment. i won a membership there,was quite good. altho once you know the method/intensity etc there is no reason you cant do it yourself in a normal,less pricey gym. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:33am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Lol Ginzo, can you see Gerk following the anti alcohol, pill popping, over priced carb powders promoted by them?

Angry

I did do it, it was the springboard that has given me the body of a god I have todayThumbs Up
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:55am

Can be done but love my greesy food too much. If I put me mind to it I can do it. done it before when I was single for about 8 months, got down from 13 stone to 10.5. Although that also involved drinking from 6pm on a Friday - 11pm on a Sunday and only eating when I remembered to.

At a stage now where it is hard to find time to exercise, I don't eat as much sh*t but just don't have much time to hit the gym or play too much football. Might do as Gerk said and just do 15 minute high intensity weight session in the gaf. High intensity training for 15 minutes is supposedly better for losing weight then say 1 hour on a thread mill
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:32am
i think im anorexic every morning when i look in the mirror i see a fat person
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:12am
What about these kettlebell classes?? Any good?
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:25am
What, if you don't mind me asking, in the name of jaysus is a kettlebell class?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:44am
Kettleballs? They are so 2007. Its kettlesticks you want.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:25am
A mate of mine does a TRX* class. He does a 15 day body fat burn which in fairness has produced some unreal results.

*Its training using suspension bands focusing on using ones body weight to burn fat
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:28am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:31am
You would almost swear that some of ye were professional footballers.

Who cares if you have a gut ffs!

Lurleen Lumpkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurleen Lumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:55am

Gaurenteed way of loosing weight - Eat less, exercise more. Honest it never failsConfused

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Lurleen Lumpkin Lurleen Lumpkin wrote:

Gaurenteed way of loosing weight - Eat less, exercise more. Honest it never failsConfused

I know. It's not rocket science. You should only worry this much about your body if you are contractually obliged to.
The-Scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The-Scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 1:21pm
Eat less and sh*t more!
Just out of the Joy
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

I remember skinny Pat, he was sound Thumbs Up

You down at Mid Sutton?
Of course ! Sure nobody else would have me ! Playing killester today , gonna get spanked ! LOL
Why no wine??!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:04pm

Anyone got any decent work out plans for losing weight?

Planning on visiting the gym everyday for the next week or so hopefully, bored of my current work out which usually consists of -

Basic stretching

Treadmill for either 30 or 40 minutes

Sit ups for 5 minutes

a few free weights or shoulder weights on the machines for 10 or 15 mins, or else rowing for 10 mins.

i lost a bit of weight at the start but thats stopped the past few weeks, any advice welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 133>
  Share Topic