You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?

Deal 

Want to lose 5kg myself. Never, ever been heavier in my life. Cry

In fairness a lot of false weight because of the old over indulging so hopefully it will be more realistic in a week. 

Check back here in two weeks? 
Handshake

Right, where are we at here?

As of this morning I'm 1.6kg down, but that is the same as a few days ago. Hoping to lose another 0.3kg by Saturday morning as that will be another small milestone

Diet vastly improved. Activity levels not so much. Although I am out and about loads because of pre season, not doing any real exercise myself. Need to cop on and get off my hole

Heading to a friends house tonight. Going to leave the car at home and walk or cycle
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 5:08pm
Probably should have weighed myself at the start of the month.

I'm exercising more regularly. Eating healthier. Not drinking.

Back swimming again too. Getting there, slowly but surely. :)

Edited by ShamtheRam - 17 Jan 2023 at 5:10pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:00pm

Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?

Deal 

Want to lose 5kg myself. Never, ever been heavier in my life. Cry

In fairness a lot of false weight because of the old over indulging so hopefully it will be more realistic in a week. 

Check back here in two weeks? 
Handshake

Right, where are we at here?

As of this morning I'm 1.6kg down, but that is the same as a few days ago. Hoping to lose another 0.3kg by Saturday morning as that will be another small milestone

Diet vastly improved. Activity levels not so much. Although I am out and about loads because of pre season, not doing any real exercise myself. Need to cop on and get off my hole

Heading to a friends house tonight. Going to leave the car at home and walk or cycle
Well done.

Bizzarly I'm also down 1.6kg....
Dec 31st - 96kg
Jan 18th - 94.4kg

Happy the start, probably a lot of the Christmas excess that fell off pretty quickly with a quiet January and only one night out. Gets tougher now to build that into a healthy habit rather than a 3 week healthy period.

Edited by Shedite - 20 Jan 2023 at 9:08am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:06pm
The buttons on my shirts have been straining less and less as the weeks have gone by, and I’ve actually been able to crack out one or two that had fallen out of rotation.

Feeling the increased energy with the lack of booze and the broad elimination of sugar and a significant decrease in consumption of bread.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:16pm
Clap

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:37pm

Dec 31st - 96kg
Jan 18th - 9.4kg

Happy the start, probably a lot of the Christmas excess that fell off pretty quickly with a quiet January and only one night out. Gets tougher now to build that into a healthy habit rather than a 3 week healthy period.

Get this man to a hospital ASAP
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:40pm
New Year fitness regime gone to pot this past week as have had a stomach bug since Sunday
Disappointingly I haven't lost any weight either despite not eating much
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Dec 31st - 96kg
Jan 18th - 9.4kg

Get this man to a hospital ASAP
LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:00am
First night back in my gym last night since the Christmas break - Always cracks me up how busy it is in January. Looking forward to the start of Feb when I won't have to queue for some of the machines again!
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The buttons on my shirts have been straining less and less as the weeks have gone by, and I’ve actually been able to crack out one or two that had fallen out of rotation.

Feeling the increased energy with the lack of booze and the broad elimination of sugar and a significant decrease in consumption of bread.

Do you find yourself feeling healthy, happy and positive and then thinking “I must have a pint to round off that feeling of joy”?

That’s how I now am after 19 days off the sauce. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Do you find yourself feeling healthy, happy and positive and then thinking “I must have a pint to round off that feeling of joy”?

That’s how I now am after 19 days off the sauce. 

I certainly have had that momentary thought. It’s interesting that the mind does wander there and I do swot the thought away.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:38pm
currently sitting at 16:6 (down from 16:12 3 weeks ago) need to stay motivated in terms of my exercise as got lazy last while due to the poor weather 

the biggest advantage to trying to lose weight for me is I get to enjoy cooking again and trying different foods etc to ensure hitting protein targets as I'm trying high protein low carbs diet atm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 11:20pm
First time back in gym yesterday in 6 weeks (apart from 1 session over Christmas). 
At 96kg. Had got down to 91kg a few months ago. But was also 102kg this time last year. So kind of in-between. 
Doing OK on food the past few weeks but having a few gargle most nights night. Need to break that rut

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:10pm
First month has seen results. Clothes are fitting much better than they were around Christmas Day, and I’m losing the mad longing for sweets. Practically cutting out booze has been very helpful too, and I suspect I roll with that for February.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

my youngest is also 18 months and up until 2 months ago wasn't sleeping through so getting sleep was a priority. 
We all have different lives lads, i wouldn't be so quick to judge. I'll check back in in 3 months when I've lost a few stone. 

Checking back in now. about to enter month 3. I've lost 31lbs so far. gone from 18st 4lbs to 16st 1lb. Hoping to make it to 14st even as my target so getting there. The 16-8 fasting has really helped with cutting out the snacking. at around 1650KCals a day now which is grand when it is only 2 meals. 
Been going to the gym about 3 times a week during lunch break at work.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:53pm

my youngest is also 18 months and up until 2 months ago wasn't sleeping through so getting sleep was a priority. 
We all have different lives lads, i wouldn't be so quick to judge. I'll check back in in 3 months when I've lost a few stone. 

Checking back in now. about to enter month 3. I've lost 31lbs so far. gone from 18st 4lbs to 16st 1lb. Hoping to make it to 14st even as my target so getting there. The 16-8 fasting has really helped with cutting out the snacking. at around 1650KCals a day now which is grand when it is only 2 meals. 

That's some going! Fair play to you Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:57pm

Over a stone a month? Unreal lad.

Shirts feeling loose and getting into clothes that didn’t fit is a great feeling. 

I’m on the fasting Monday to Thursday to start with. 7pm til 8am. Week two. Mixing with exercise to see if the results show. Worked for me years ago but as you get older…..
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:47am

Christ that's a massive loss fair play Clap

What hours do you pick for the 16-8?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 133>
  Share Topic