You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOI in Europe 2017
    Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:05pm
It's that time of year again. We're just over two weeks away from the first qualifying round of the Europa League, and around a month from when Dundalk enter the Champions League second qualifying round. How does everyone feel about the upcoming campaigns for our representatives? As a City fan, I'd be delighted with a run like last season's run.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:25pm
It depends on the draw really, certainly in the Europa League and who will be in each 'group'. I can't see Derry or Shams doing anything, with a bit of luck in the draw City might get through a round or two.
There are some very tough teams for Dundalk too and it would be hard to see the current team beating someone like BATE. You would have to imagine drawing FH again or someone like Sheriff would be their best bet.

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:44pm
Best of luck to all the LOI clubs in the draw. I can only look forward to the day when my own club are there.

Cork with Maguire for July could do damage. I've a hunch that Derry might do something also, they've really steadied the ship. Can't see Dundalk doing much this year unfortunately.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:45pm
Is the draw for both comps next week by the way?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:16am
http://twitter.com/niallnewberry/status/874334270592090112

The list of Dundalk's opponents, I forgot this was broken down regionally too. FH have to be the best bet again.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:45am
I wouldn't mind a trip to the Baltics.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:47am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The list of Dundalk's opponents, I forgot this was broken down regionally too. FH have to be the best bet again.

I'd say anything other than FH from the main group would be a nightmare for Dundalk. Outside of the main group, Qarabag or Sheriff wouldn't be too bad, but I could be wrong, I don't know much about them.

From a City perspective, assuming the regional groups and seedings are the same as last time, I'd say Crusaders or Ventspils would seem like an okay draw

Edited by adineen98 - 14 Jun 2017 at 12:47am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 1:00am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'd say anything other than FH from the main group would be a nightmare for Dundalk. Outside of the main group, Qarabag or Sheriff wouldn't be too bad, but I could be wrong, I don't know much about them.

From a City perspective, assuming the regional groups and seedings are the same as last time, I'd say Crusaders or Ventspils would seem like an okay draw
I think there will be one other seeded team added to their group and it will most likely be Legia or BATE, just from what I read elsewhere. 
I wouldn't give them much chance against Qarabag anyway, a team full of internationals with plenty of European experience and a very difficult trip also.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:33am
Real pity City are likely to be missing so many. The team of right now would give it a good bash especially with the form they're in.

Take out Maguire, O'Connor and Delaney (all likely to be gone after the first European round) and it's a different team
Pablo Escobar View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Real pity City are likely to be missing so many. The team of right now would give it a good bash especially with the form they're in.

Take out Maguire, O'Connor and Delaney (all likely to be gone after the first European round) and it's a different team

Maguire is here until the end of July so that would be half way though the third round, wouldn't it!? The other 2 are not clear yet.
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 11:45am
Thats the trouble although Maguire is staying until the end of july, can't see burton not wanting delaney back either, he's been first class for us to be fair and has a great future ahead of him
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:40pm
Expectation at Rovers is through at least one round but thanks to Kenny we have lost our seeding.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_UEFA_Europa_League

Some tough opponents in there though. Some impossible to lose. So it's down to the draw.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:30pm
It's not regionalised this year.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:46pm
After last years highs can't help but feel this year could be a mare for us, you really would have to hope fo FH again and even then that could be too much for us with the way we are playing

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:15am
Will be tough for Dundalk, have to feel they need FH

AIK (SWE) 9.945
Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) 7.475
KR Reykjavík (ISL) 5.175
Lyngby (DEN) 4.800
Levadia Tallinn (EST) 4.050

the options for CIty, Shams got the best group and can draw Crusaders or St Johnstone

Shamrock Rovers v
Stjarnan (ISL) 4.175
St Johnstone (SCO) 6.535
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) 4.625
Dinamo Minsk (BLR) 10.975
Crusaders (NIR) 3.900

Derry City v 
Haugesund (NOR) 4.165
Ventspils (LVA) 5.725
Vaduz (LIE) 4.450
Midtjylland (DEN) 16.300
Domžale (SVN) 4.125

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 19 Jun 2017 at 9:27am
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:59am
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:31am
Dundalk get Rosenborg

Not LOI related, but Celtic could play Linfield! That'll be one to watch!

Edited by adineen98 - 19 Jun 2017 at 11:33am
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:47am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Dundalk get Rosenborg

Not LOI related, but Celtic could play Linfield! That'll be one to watch!

This could be fixed for the 12th of July ... that could get interesting
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic