You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13541355135613571358 1459>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 11:13pm
Ok.
Sponsored Links

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

SIX YEARS AGO TODAY: Steven Gerrard slipped against Chelsea and cost Liverpool the Premier League title...

Good man

This day in 1974...Denis law’s backheel goal relegates man utd at old Trafford.

All in all a good day/date for man city fansSmileSmileSmile

Strange comment on the Liverpool forum
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:24pm
Even stranger was Horsey's comment above it who is a Liverpool fan but seemed to be celebrating the fact Gerrard slipped
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:27pm
I'm not celebrating it. Copy and paste job from a social media post.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:17pm
Will be good to see Liverpool finish off the job the pitch in the PL, instead of being awarded the title on points per game. A PL and CL over 2 seasons is a decent return if slightly disappointing considering what could have been. The main thing going forward will be keeping Klopp for a few more seasons and more importantly keeping Klopp happy. Do that, and they'll most likely have a haul of PL and CL titles come the end of his time there.

The Werner stuff will leave Klopp very disappointed. A brilliant player who I think could have kicked on hugely at Liverpool. He should go on to be a very good player for Chelsea, with Lampard as manager there being the only real question mark of how far he can go. In terms of Liverpool next season, Werner would have been a huge asset, especially in Europe as you can never have enough outstanding forwards. In the PL, it's hard to see anyone getting next or near Liverpool next season even if it looks like they will add very few players besides a couple of squad fillers.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Will be good to see Liverpool finish off the job the pitch in the PL, instead of being awarded the title on points per game. A PL and CL over 2 seasons is a decent return if slightly disappointing considering what could have been. The main thing going forward will be keeping Klopp for a few more seasons and more importantly keeping Klopp happy. Do that, and they'll most likely have a haul of PL and CL titles come the end of his time there.

The Werner stuff will leave Klopp very disappointed. A brilliant player who I think could have kicked on hugely at Liverpool. He should go on to be a very good player for Chelsea, with Lampard as manager there being the only real question mark of how far he can go. In terms of Liverpool next season, Werner would have been a huge asset, especially in Europe as you can never have enough outstanding forwards. In the PL, it's hard to see anyone getting next or near Liverpool next season even if it looks like they will add very few players besides a couple of squad fillers.

Did you cash in on your bet?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:45pm
Are you still getting all the psychological help you need?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:46pm

Atletico ClapClapClapCool
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:52pm
Tbf to Atletico, they did what they do. Liverpool left a soft CL title behind them. All they can do is make up for it next season, virus permitting.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Did you cash in on your bet?

As I've said already, I hope you are getting the ongoing help you obviously require. It's only a few months since you threatened to strangle me or something along those lines on another thread. I genuinely do hope that you are minding yourself and not letting the voices get on top of you any more.

On another note, isn't it gas that you can threaten to murder someone on this forum and be back on it not long after. Actually not alone be back on the forum, but back on the forum looking to engage with the person you threatened to murder. Gas place this.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:25pm
I see why you've posted today, the bookies open up tomorrow in the UK dont tha.

Ya lil tinker.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm

I see why you've posted today, the bookies open up tomorrow in the UK dont tha.

Ya lil tinker.

No idea what language that is, so I can only imagine you are in the midst of another episode. We aren't pals or anything, but I wouldn't wish any harm on you and I hope you come out of this one safe and sound.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:29pm
Just do us all a favour and re-disappear from the forum.

I'll leave it at that.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:37pm

Just do us all a favour and re-disappear from the forum.

I'll leave it at that.
Hans is a good guy. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:38pm
Weren't you told by mods on here not to engage with me anymore after threatening to murder me? You know, in case it triggers another episode?

Now the ybig mods shouldn't have let you post on here for your own safety, but since they have and you are clearly in the midst of another episode, I hope they take action to keep you safe and sound. As I said, we aren't pals but I wouldn't wish ill on anyone.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:46pm
Welcome back Hans 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 7:48pm
I'll have a good laugh at Liverpool having to celebrate their title win with no fans in an empty stadium. But, fair is fair and they won it by being the best team by far, and they won't mind how they win it. 

I was personally opposed to null and void stripping liverpool of their rightfully earned title. If they were going PPG, i was more passionate about deciding relegation that way as it has a more unfair and long-lasting effect on a club. They'll fully deserve their win. 

Chelsea is by far a better decision for Werner than Liverpool. The three teams that would suit him as a player in the top 6 are Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham. All of these play to get the best out of their relatively fixed number 9s. He'll be a huge player for Chelsea. If he went to liverpool, he would cause Salah and Mane to change their game as they wouldnt have the freedom to get in behind as Firmino gives them. He would also be fighting Firmino for playing time. Chelsea will be feeding every single ball to him to run on the end of, and he'll be a more effective player for it. 

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 7:50pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 8:34am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

As I said Lewandowskis stats are very good, but he isn't the player he was. Considering he was superb 4/5 years ago and many considered him still below the best in the world, the assertion that he's the best forward in the world now is madness.

"Very good"?

I'm afraid that scores -1000 on the Moleman Hypometer. LOL

Counting games for both Bayern and Poland, RL has scored 39 goals in 36 games so far this season, including 10 in 5 CL games:

Even by your standards of pushing an opinion to breaking point, it is ludicrous to claim "he isn't the player he was".

This is just the height of daftness. Nobody with a notion about football would claim that Lewandowski in 2020 is the same player that he was a few years ago. Much like Harry Kane. Nobody with a notion about football would claim that in 2020 he is the same player that he was a few years ago.

In the form of his life Clap

Lewandowski having the best season of his life.

45 goals this season so far (record for him) and 30 league goals in 28 games (has never scored more).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13541355135613571358 1459>
  Share Topic