Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11101111111211131114 1459>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Which night was your favourite involving the two teams that you support Hans?
Spurs Tuesday or Liverpool Wednesday?

He's saving himself for next week when the team he obsesses about most play LOL
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:06am

LOL Well played Baggio

FYI that free money bet on United is now longer odds than a month ago. I'd be liquidating all your assets asap and getting on. 100 plus percent return in only 3 months, sure where could you go wrong LOL

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:10am
United will still get 2nd I think. The teams behind them will all drop silly points, as United did on Sunday, between now and the end of the season.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He's saving himself for next week when the team he obsesses about most play LOL

I think you'll be amazed to hear I don't obsess about United at all. In fact if you go back only a few years ago on this forum, yourself and plenty of other United fans had no issue at all with me as I was praising United consistently back then. The simple fact is that on ybig in the rotw section, United is the busiest thread. So I'm in there a lot, as I am in many other threads. Also, if I didn't go in there, I wouldn't get my daily laugh off some of the doozies you come up with LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:20am

United will still get 2nd I think. The teams behind them will all drop silly points, as United did on Sunday, between now and the end of the season.

Ah ya. I'm just ribbing. United could well get 2nd. I'm only bringing it up because it was never a racing certainty as they say! Imo, they are likely to finish all the way down in 4th as 2nd, it's that tight. Myself I wouldn't put a penny on them finishing 2nd, and I think there's an awful lot of United fans right at this moment if you offered them 4th place and that CL qualification for next season they would take it now.

If Chelsea get a result at OT in the next league fixture, the arse could fall out of Uniteds season. If United win that game, the same thing could happen to Chelsea. It's actually an unbelievably well timed fixture for Liverpool and Spurs in that sense. Not alone will one or both of United/Chelsea be dropping points, there could well be a real sense after that game that one of those clubs season is falling apart (that sense obviously is already lingering around Chelsea, but with players coming back into the fold that could all change quickly).

btw PP have United 11/10 for 2nd spot. Liverpool 11/10 for 2nd spot.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:22am
I'd make United slight favourites in both the Liverpool and Chelsea games coming up at Old Trafford. They're strong at home. 4 points from those two games should be enough.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Feb 2018 at 9:23am
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:26am
Great all round performance last night. Like was said already, could've scored even more but for a few bad passes in the final third. Porto were poor but you can only beat whats infront of you. Open draw for the Q/F as far as i know
Some people just deserve a slap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:32am

I'd make United slight favourites in both the Liverpool and Chelsea games coming up at Old Trafford. They're strong at home. 4 points from those two games should be enough.

Would agree 4 points from those 2 games should see top 4 more or less done, whatever about 2nd place. 1 or 2 points in those games though and United are losing momentum and on the verge if not already outside the top 4. I wouldn't back that United team with your money RB, even against a Chelsea team that god knows what kind of attitude they'll have on the day. They simply aren't that good a side tbh.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Great all round performance last night. Like was said already, could've scored even more but for a few bad passes in the final third. Porto were poor but you can only beat whats infront of you. Open draw for the Q/F as far as i know

Yep wide open draw. 2 English teams certainly there already. United big favs against Sevilla and Spurs now favs to qualify against Juve. Could be a really great QF line up yet, with possibly an all English tie in the mix.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Virgil was excellent again. Lovren looks comfortable beside him too.

Great to see mane back on form. Can only be good for us for the remainder of the season

Only criticism of tonight was that a few times the more difficult pass was chosen on the final third. Liverpool could have won by more

You sound optimistic, even confident of making the next round.

Liverpool now the highest scorers in the competition this season. Not that bad for "headless chicken" football.

I think we may scrape it alrightTongue

no trophies are handed out to the highest scorers, however i do think we have a chance of going all the way. we can beat anybody on our day, but we are yet to come up against a big boy in the competition yet.

would our defense hold out against a barca or PSG, not so sure. Only time will tell.

We also can not take our eye off the league. it is imperative that we qualify for the CL again next season, so we have nights like these again to look forward too
Its very frustrating being a Slob
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:36am
Good result against an average team
Liverpool fans blowing their loads over it. Spoke to a Liverpool fan last night who booked his tickets to Kiev as 'no one wants to play us and we're definitely going all the way'
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:40am
i think we have good reason to be excited in fairness

5-0 away from home against seasoned CL team. i know they are not Barca but still to put 5 past them away from home is a pretty good result

I think i heard it is the biggest away result in the knockout stages in CL history
Its very frustrating being a Slob
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:13am

i think we have good reason to be excited in fairness

5-0 away from home against seasoned CL team. i know they are not Barca but still to put 5 past them away from home is a pretty good result

I think i heard it is the biggest away result in the knockout stages in CL history

You might expect to put 5 past a minnow in an away game in the CL but in the knockout stages against Porto is some feat.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Liverpool fans blowing their loads over it. Spoke to a Liverpool fan last night who booked his tickets to Kiev as 'no one wants to play us and we're definitely going all the way'

With respect, I find that hard to believe.

Liverpool on their day will beat anyone. So I am sure teams would like to avoid them if possible.

I'd say City and Barcelona are favorites with Munich an outside shot too.

Edited by horsebox - 15 Feb 2018 at 10:20am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:27am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

With respect, I find that hard to believe.

Liverpool on their day will beat anyone. So I am sure teams would like to avoid them if possible.

I'd say City and Barcelona are favorites with Munich an outside shot too.

Id well believe that. I know plenty of idiotic Liverpool fans
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Great to see mane back on form. Can only be good for us for the remainder of the season

Only criticism of tonight was that a few times the more difficult pass was chosen on the final third. Liverpool could have won by more

You sound optimistic, even confident of making the next round.

Liverpool now the highest scorers in the competition this season. Not that bad for "headless chicken" football.

LOL

Unlike you, your fellow Liverpool comrade isn't delusional and wouldn't post a juvenile "highest scorers" stat in a competition they're currently playing in and haven't won yet. You only set yourself up for more ridicule if they don't win it. 

TBF Muff, is it any different from a Man United fan bringing up the teams great defensive record in the PL?

I really don't get why people latch on to everything Planning posts up, Liverpool out scoring every other team in the CL is pretty impressive no matter what we look at it whether they'll win it or not is irrelevant right now seeing as we're only at the last 16 stage.

Well I don't speak for what other United fans post on the United thread. Best defensive record  doesn't matter a jot if you're not winning the league at the end of it and as Gavintheslob posted you don't win trphies for being highest scorers. 

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Feb 2018 at 11:04am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:20am

Lovren would look good against a tippy tappy footballing side.

Its when he gets bullied is the problem.

And centre halfs cant afford to get bullied.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Lovren would look good against a tippy tappy footballing side.

Its when he gets bullied is the problem.

And centre halfs cant afford to get bullied.

Ive said it before on here, lovren is a completely different player when he plays on the right hand side of the 2 centrebacks, hes naturally right footed and cant use his left at all so when he plays on the left side of the CB's he panics cause he cant use his left. virgil can use both feet and is comfortable on the left even though he is naturally right footed, he doesnt panic when the ball comes down his left side.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11101111111211131114 1459>
  Share Topic