You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10301031103210331034 1459>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

sounds like barton acting like a true everton fan, unlike carragher and gerrard...

Gerrard was never a bluenose

nope, and this isn't him in his full everton kit as a kid

I had a Chelsea shirt at one stage when I was about 8 : I was not and never have been a Chelsea fan.
Gerrard had been a lifelong Red - Of that there is no doubt, unlike the likes of Carragher who was defo a blue when he was younger. 
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:55pm

sounds like barton acting like a true everton fan, unlike carragher and gerrard...

Gerrard was never a bluenose

nope, and this isn't him in his full everton kit as a kid

I had a Chelsea shirt at one stage when I was about 8 : I was not and never have been a Chelsea fan.
Gerrard had been a lifelong Red - Of that there is no doubt, unlike the likes of Carragher who was defo a blue when he was younger. 

For the life of me i can not understand why a grown adult would bring this up about gerrard supporting Everton when he was a child. for christ sake,  doubt he is even 5 in that pic. i am sure he had the brain capacity to understand what he was doing.

As a kid myself i loved football and am even pictured in a full Man Utd kit. doesnt mean i supported them then. i just liked football as a whole. I also had a full ipswich town & Coventry kit, why i do not know but i did.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm

I disagree with the need for a 20-25 goal striker : More than enough goals in the team already.
A Centre back has to be the priority. 

At times though we seem to create chance after chance with nobody to finish it off. Plenty of goals around the team alright, however firmino is not an out and out goalscorer. imagine you had suarez up there, we would score a lot more goals and win a lot more games.

Agree that i would sign a CB first as lovern is a calamity
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:20pm

I disagree with the need for a 20-25 goal striker : More than enough goals in the team already.

They have 5 center backs already.

What we need is Klopp to realise the system he is playing is exposing the back 4 too much which in being exploited quite easily be opposing teams.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What we need is Klopp to realise the system he is playing is exposing the back 4 too much which in being exploited quite easily be opposing teams.

Who out of the five would get into any of the other top 6 teams
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Who out of the five would get into any of the other top 6 teams

Sakho probably would get in to some.

Anything is better than John Stones!

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 9:44am
Coutinho ill, mmmmmmmmmmm

i expect another bid from barca
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Coutinho ill, mmmmmmmmmmm

i expect another bid from barca

It'll get the same response.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:16am
What happened to their "7pm deadline or the deals off" ultimatum?? LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Barca would appear to be a bit of a jokeshop at the moment.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:27am

Presumably Barca are expecting Coutinho to agitate for a move to the extent that Liverpool are prepared to sell rather than let a player rot in the stands and £100m go astray. 
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Presumably Barca are expecting Coutinho to agitate for a move to the extent that Liverpool are prepared to sell rather than let a player rot in the stands and £100m go astray. 

He won't rot in the stands though - It's a world cup year so no way he'd be prepared to walk away from playing in the WC. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:38am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He won't rot in the stands though - It's a world cup year so no way he'd be prepared to walk away from playing in the WC. 

I'm speculating but at this stage, I would imagine that it's a game of bluff. Liverpool may well be taking your stance and expecting him to knuckle down and play for his place in the Brazil squad. Barca may be counting on him to threaten to down tools if he is not sold and force Liverpools hand. 

For what it's worth, I would expect him to do as you say and get back to playing as soon as the transfer window shuts. 
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:45am
Talk of a 101m bid with 20m in add ons should Barca depending on how Barcelona do in Champions League
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:52am

this probably came from that fat idiot guillem ballbag. he really talks so much toilet. has zero insight and then promotes whatever bullsh*t SSN have started running about 2 hours beforehand

pool should sell. they'll be a better team for it 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:54am

this probably came from that fat idiot guillem ballbag. he really talks so much toilet. has zero insight and then promotes whatever bullsh*t SSN have started running about 2 hours beforehand

pool should sell. they'll be a better team for it 

Yup never listen to anything Ballbag says

Real Madrid will not be selling Xabi Alonso 100%

about 1 hour later he he presented to the media in Munich
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 11:03am
If they do sell, and I don't think they can after the stance they've taken so far, who they get to replace him in the next week? They cant seem to sort a transfer properly given months to do it, I dread to think what they'd bring in with a week to do it
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 11:34am
I'd be looking at whose on the bench at PSG, Real, Bayern and to a lesser extent Juventus.

Liverpool are in a strongish position to try and get quality players in, with Klopp in charge and the CL.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10301031103210331034 1459>
  Share Topic