Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 3:28pm
What did the Daily Record say?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 3:38pm
Jaysus lads the news only broke late last night. Do you expect the FAI have a press team working through the weekend nights? The FAI also made it as a press release with quotes from MoN and JD. People will be looking to the FAI to see what their initial reaction is and I think the FAI would recognise they had a bit of a duty with regards to expressing the sadness of the situation and therefore it's more important to ensure the content of the initial message, even if it takes a bit longer, rather than a simple tweet that is easy for other individual or clubs to make when they don't have that sense of duty.

Nice message from FAI. Happy to hear JD took the time to visit him

Edited by t_rAndy - 10 Feb 2018 at 3:39pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:12pm
30 secs is all it would take to compose a tweet. It's not too much to ask Andy
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

United didn't tweet until this morning either, I'm all for a bit of FAI bashing myself but this isn't the time lads.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

United didn't tweet until this morning either, I'm all for a bit of FAI bashing myself but this isn't the time lads.

Spot on

New generation looking at time stamps who tweeted first.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
As someone a couple years younger than him and with young family too, this death really has hit me a bit. Scary how someone whose health would have been much better montiored than myself could have a undetected cancer go that advanced, it really is scary for the lot of us. Must be awful for the wife and young family
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Jaysus lads the news only broke late last night. Do you expect the FAI have a press team working through the weekend nights? The FAI also made it as a press release with quotes from MoN and JD. People will be looking to the FAI to see what their initial reaction is and I think the FAI would recognise they had a bit of a duty with regards to expressing the sadness of the situation and therefore it's more important to ensure the content of the initial message, even if it takes a bit longer, rather than a simple tweet that is easy for other individual or clubs to make when they don't have that sense of duty.

Nice message from FAI. Happy to hear JD took the time to visit him
Well put. It is far more relevant to word it properly than anyone else and they did that.
We all have our own agendas with the FAI, but they have handled this well.
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 4:56pm
Well said Andy.

It's not a race and it's certainly not a reason to knock the FAI.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As someone a couple years younger than him and with young family too, this death really has hit me a bit. Scary how someone whose health would have been much better montiored than myself could have a undetected cancer go that advanced, it really is scary for the lot of us. Must be awful for the wife and young family

Cancer can develop at any time and the younger you are the more aggressive it gets.
More than likely it wasn’t undetected by the medics.
I’m sure he got the best treatment money can buy once it was detected but Cancer is so deadly.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 10 Feb 2018 at 5:09pm

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
RIP. I was there when he scored against Sweden in old Lansdowne. It's hard to even fathom that we had a player signing for and playing for Manchester United nowadays, we may not see that ever again the way things are going. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Cancer can develop at any time and the younger you are the more aggressive it gets.
I’m sure he got the best treatment money can buy once it was detected but Cancer is so deadly.

I'm no expert on this but I think if you get pancreatic or colon cancer, it's already at an advanced stage before there's tell tale signs, plus the fact it's in a part of your body with other organs next to it. I assume the same applies for brain cancer where it's inoperable. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I'm no expert on this but I think if you get pancreatic or colon cancer, it's already at an advanced stage before there's tell tale signs, plus the fact it's in a part of your body with other organs next to it. I assume the same applies for brain cancer where it's inoperable. 

Pancreatic cancer is effectively a death sentence given its location in the body. Normally by the time the symptoms rear its head it's too late.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:12pm
Very sad to hear of his passing at such a young age. Was a decent guy by all acounts.
We're decent enough..
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:54pm
Is there a site or data base that would list the 21 internationals he played in?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:20pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:35pm
Really thought he was going to be a major player, but alas not to be. Really brings it home to you how fragile life is when you think how young he was, RIP Liam
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:17am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:48am
Nice interview with Darren O Dea on 98fm this morning. Going on about Miller was the look up lad when he was 15 making his way into Glasgow. He took over his digs when Liam left to go to get his own place . Spoke very highly of him and how he was a well liked chap who was always on the top peg in the fitness tests . I sat in the car listening while my kids sat in the back messing about . nearly the same age as myself and it really puts things into prospective. O Dea quoted a very true point that cancer does not discriminate against anyone.

Live and love life as best you can as you never know where or what situation lies ahead of us
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic