You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Liam Delap
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Liam Delap

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Message
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 1608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:48pm
Ciaran Clark: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that."


There's probably a hint in there somewhere about what confluence of events it would take for someone in Liam Delap's position to end up playing for us.


Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 15 Dec 2020 at 1:48pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 3134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:11pm
His parents need to have a chat with Richard Dunne at a preseason game?
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on twitter and facebook
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:16pm
clark was an england under 20 captain at the time he spoke to richard dunne about wanting to play for ireland but the fai never approaching him , an england career was not a long-shot for him at this time when he was a 20 year old premiership regular player . your disdain for irish people born in england is border on pathological , you seem to look at them all as cynical bogey-men who could not be irish . this says more of you and your insecurity of irish identity than of committed players like clark who do not deserve your scorn
Back to Top
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan


Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 814
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
We need to get the bloke from Irish Football Fan TV to ring Rory Delap to find out for sure
Danger here, OH NO
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 1608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:20pm
According to Wikipedia he made his last appearance for England U-20s in a friendly match in March 2008, two-and-a-half years before he declared for Ireland.

And going by comments Clark himself made, he seemed to believe that playing for England was very much a long shot.
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:44pm
clark signal his intent for ireland as a 20 year old premiership regular who had recently to this been an england underage captain ! this is the fact of it . does this sound of a player who has no england chance choosing a back up, a 20 year old premiership player and england underage captain ? you are stretching very hard to twist your agenda against the irish of england here i think , but this seems to be your only view so not a surprise

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 15 Dec 2020 at 2:45pm
Back to Top
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Avatar
I’m not very bright.

Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 756
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:49pm
I've explained this precise point to O'Shea before and the fact that Clark was by then in the Under-21 age group which he had been continually overlooked for by England for two years, but he is still going to bury his head in the sand and  persist with the narrative/myth that Clark gave up his destiny as future England captain for the glory of a career with the Republic Ireland ,because it gives comfort to the likes of himself and others like him to believe so.
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 3:16pm
i think the opposite of course , that certain folk will twist any situation to the most cynical as they will not view the irish of england as more than plastic paddies . to argue a 20 year old premiership regular at centre defense will believe himself to not have any england prospect is laughable , and to argue clark who has displayed nothing but dedication to ireland is not true in his conviction is downright unfair and callous in disregard for his identity

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 15 Dec 2020 at 3:17pm
Back to Top
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Book early to avoid disappointment

Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 3739
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 3:36pm
WTF are we even talking about this fella for anyway. Hes got nowt to do with us. NOWT!!!!!!
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 1608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I've explained this precise point to O'Shea before and the fact that Clark was by then in the Under-21 age group which he had been continually overlooked for by England for two years, but he is still going to bury his head in the sand and  persist with the narrative/myth that Clark gave up his destiny as future England captain for the glory of a career with the Republic Ireland ,because it gives comfort to the likes of himself and others like him to believe so.


Yes, it's very frustrating alright. I literally included a quote from Clark explaining why he declared for Ireland and I pointed out the inaccuracy in saying he was an England regular when he declared for us, when the truth is he hadn't played for England in over two years - yet he persists with this insincere and stupid argument.
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:21pm
this is the first time i have argued with anyone about clark ? the only insecurity i can see is of those who try to twist logic to say guys like clark are mercenary . personal speaking, i actualy do not care if a player has their only identity as irish so long as they give maximum effort for the team , but with a player such as clark it is simple mean spiritedness and spite that would lead to questioning of their motives . this is a clear example of a 20 year old premiership defender - in other words a novice for this position yet still playing at the highest standard - choosing ireland over england despite having previously captained england and their career being on the up . this is a clear example of a player not known to the fai going to them and initiating the process themself . all of this points to their preference , it is not a case of a middle twenties division two player deciding to play for ireland, it is obviously something different. to try and portray clark and those like him of not feeling irish and having only a career motive needs you to suspend your disbelief and throw out all the logic and facts of the case which suggest otherwise . impartiality and prejudice will lead to this though
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I've explained this precise point to O'Shea before and the fact that Clark was by then in the Under-21 age group which he had been continually overlooked for by England for two years, but he is still going to bury his head in the sand and  persist with the narrative/myth that Clark gave up his destiny as future England captain for the glory of a career with the Republic Ireland ,because it gives comfort to the likes of himself and others like him to believe so.


Yes, it's very frustrating alright. I literally included a quote from Clark explaining why he declared for Ireland and I pointed out the inaccuracy in saying he was an England regular when he declared for us, when the truth is he hadn't played for England in over two years - yet he persists with this insincere and stupid argument.

very intriguing you hone in on this quote which is vague could mean anything , and ignore the very clear and direct quote at the beginning of the article where he says "for myself and my family" in responding to the question about why he wants to play for ireland . why have you chosen to ignore this quote which conspicuouly addresses clarks motivation in a post where you are attempting to describe clarks motivation ? i find this unusual , it seems a sideways approach taken as the real evidence does not support the view you take
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 1608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

this is the first time i have argued with anyone about clark ? the only insecurity i can see is of those who try to twist logic to say guys like clark are mercenary . personal speaking, i actualy do not care if a player has their only identity as irish so long as they give maximum effort for the team , but with a player such as clark it is simple mean spiritedness and spite that would lead to questioning of their motives . this is a clear example of a 20 year old premiership defender - in other words a novice for this position yet still playing at the highest standard - choosing ireland over england despite having previously captained england and their career being on the up . this is a clear example of a player not known to the fai going to them and initiating the process themself . all of this points to their preference , it is not a case of a middle twenties division two player deciding to play for ireland, it is obviously something different. to try and portray clark and those like him of not feeling irish and having only a career motive needs you to suspend your disbelief and throw out all the logic and facts of the case which suggest otherwise . impartiality and prejudice will lead to this though


You used to post as The O'Shea. now that you post everything about irish and eligible footballers in small caps you think everyone will be too stupid to realise you set up a new account after getting banned for trolling. You kept logging in and appearing in the "members online" section  after getting banned and as soon as your new account was created, you stopped logging in under your old one. LOL

He wasn't a "regular" when he declared for Ireland either. He started 16 games the season he declared for us and he started 13 games the season after. I explained this to you under your old account but you refuse to listen - just like you refused to listen when I politely pointed out to you that he wasn't playing for England when he declared for us.

I even threw in the following quote from Clark: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that."

And of course you manage to somehow contort that into a way that fits your agenda.

Clark being pretty much the only outlier in the last 20 years who you could use to fit your narrative - and it turns out even his reasons for declaring for us are because he (rightly) couldn't foresee a future with England, as outlined in the article I linked.


Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 15 Dec 2020 at 4:46pm
Back to Top
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 343
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

WTF are we even talking about this fella for anyway. Hes got nowt to do with us. NOWT!!!!!!

Ah the irony of using nowt is lost on you isn't it  ?
Nowt is Anglo English and not Hiberno English, which us Irish speak. 
But carry on. 
Back to Top
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Book early to avoid disappointment

Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 3739
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

WTF are we even talking about this fella for anyway. Hes got nowt to do with us. NOWT!!!!!!

Ah the irony of using nowt is lost on you isn't it  ?
Nowt is Anglo English and not Hiberno English, which us Irish speak. 
But carry on. 

No its a word they use in the Yorkshire/Lancashire area which Manchester is in. Ok. Now take your irony and shove it up your ho#e.
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 31090
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

this is the first time i have argued with anyone about clark ? the only insecurity i can see is of those who try to twist logic to say guys like clark are mercenary . personal speaking, i actualy do not care if a player has their only identity as irish so long as they give maximum effort for the team , but with a player such as clark it is simple mean spiritedness and spite that would lead to questioning of their motives . this is a clear example of a 20 year old premiership defender - in other words a novice for this position yet still playing at the highest standard - choosing ireland over england despite having previously captained england and their career being on the up . this is a clear example of a player not known to the fai going to them and initiating the process themself . all of this points to their preference , it is not a case of a middle twenties division two player deciding to play for ireland, it is obviously something different. to try and portray clark and those like him of not feeling irish and having only a career motive needs you to suspend your disbelief and throw out all the logic and facts of the case which suggest otherwise . impartiality and prejudice will lead to this though


You used to post as The O'Shea. now that you post everything about irish and eligible footballers in small caps you think everyone will be too stupid to realise you set up a new account after getting banned for trolling. You kept logging in and appearing in the "members online" section  after getting banned and as soon as your new account was created, you stopped logging in under your old one. LOL


You were banned at the same time for the exact same thing as O’Shea..and you’re in no position to be having a go at anyone for setting up a new profile Propaghandi......

442, im deactivating the O’Shea account if you are using this one. 

If you two continue in the same vein as prior to your last ban, the next one will come along very quickly.
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:52pm
i have no other account , i joined this forum a few months ago having previous been on foot.ie , but there is little posting there so i went here which has more activity and news

Edited by Four-Four-Two - 15 Dec 2020 at 5:53pm
Back to Top
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

this is the first time i have argued with anyone about clark ? the only insecurity i can see is of those who try to twist logic to say guys like clark are mercenary . personal speaking, i actualy do not care if a player has their only identity as irish so long as they give maximum effort for the team , but with a player such as clark it is simple mean spiritedness and spite that would lead to questioning of their motives . this is a clear example of a 20 year old premiership defender - in other words a novice for this position yet still playing at the highest standard - choosing ireland over england despite having previously captained england and their career being on the up . this is a clear example of a player not known to the fai going to them and initiating the process themself . all of this points to their preference , it is not a case of a middle twenties division two player deciding to play for ireland, it is obviously something different. to try and portray clark and those like him of not feeling irish and having only a career motive needs you to suspend your disbelief and throw out all the logic and facts of the case which suggest otherwise . impartiality and prejudice will lead to this though


You used to post as The O'Shea. now that you post everything about irish and eligible footballers in small caps you think everyone will be too stupid to realise you set up a new account after getting banned for trolling. You kept logging in and appearing in the "members online" section  after getting banned and as soon as your new account was created, you stopped logging in under your old one. LOL

He wasn't a "regular" when he declared for Ireland either. He started 16 games the season he declared for us and he started 13 games the season after. I explained this to you under your old account but you refuse to listen - just like you refused to listen when I politely pointed out to you that he wasn't playing for England when he declared for us.

I even threw in the following quote from Clark: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that."

And of course you manage to somehow contort that into a way that fits your agenda.

Clark being pretty much the only outlier in the last 20 years who you could use to fit your narrative - and it turns out even his reasons for declaring for us are because he (rightly) couldn't foresee a future with England, as outlined in the article I linked.

so you follow this other poster about when they are online , and because i disagree with you you say i am trolling and i am this poster . listen to what you are saying , it is obsessive and i for one want no part in it
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.