Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57579
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 4:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Liam Delap
Posted By: hulkhogan
Subject: Liam Delap
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:40pm
Presume there's no chance of this lad playing for us?

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Replies:
Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:47pm
Played 11 times. 

Not sure he will win any more caps.

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

It’s a long shot. 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:49pm

Don't think he's eligible. His aul lad qualified under the Granny rule if I'm not mistaken.

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

It’s a long shot. 
Sorry throw!

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:51pm
Lol his kid I meant

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Don't think he's eligible. His aul lad qualified under the Granny rule if I'm not mistaken.

Rory's parents were from Donegal and Meath, so his son should be eligible

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 6:00pm
he’s like his Da. Couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 6:01pm
He is still eligible. The new rules bring him back into play but Kenny needs to get on to his old man and quickly

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He is still eligible. The new rules bring him back into play but Kenny needs to get on to his old man and quickly
He only has underage caps. How does new rules affect him?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He only has underage caps. How does new rules affect him?

Changing underage rules have changed to make it easier. he has played for their 21's.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 6:59pm
Not sure where folks are getting their info from.
Liam Delap has only played for England at U15, U16 and U17 levels.
Nowhere near U21 as yet and rightly so as their U21 is stacked with better forwards with more experience.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:13pm
Yeah I was wrong on that. It was in an article I read that was obviously wrong. It did surprise me. but I thought maybe he was promoted recently.

Either way... Get on it Kenny. 

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:25pm
Thread title changed to relevant person Ermm

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:25pm
Rory Delap played for us. Id imagine that if he wanted or his son had any intention of wanting to play for us we would have known about it by now. THE END.

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:50pm
Noel King would have sorted this out 🤭

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:38pm
Less chance than ever now that he's making an impact at City

Posted By: connord96
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:45pm
https://www.irishpost.com/sport/rory-delap-carlisle-long-throw-weapon-19520

"Their granddad has drilled it into them that if they’re any good at anything, it’s Ireland they have to represent. When he said it, they took it all in. So that’s one issue done and dusted then.” Or not...

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Agree 

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Agree 

Aguero

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:46pm
Rest of world section... 

Posted By: Englishborn
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:48pm
if he doesnt feel Irish he doesn't feel Irish.  U can't make people feel a different way. Both my mothers parents were irish but she's always felt English 

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

if he doesnt feel Irish he doesn't feel Irish.  U can't make people feel a different way. Both my mothers parents were irish but she's always felt English 

Maybe she just told you that. Secretly she was listening to Wolfe Tones and growing potatoes in the back yard LOL

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:17am
There is probably next to no chance he will play for us if his career continues the way it does. His career would want to go up in smoke like Will Keane before he'd play for us I'd say.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 6:04am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Maybe she just told you that. Secretly she was listening to Wolfe Tones and growing potatoes in the back yard LOL
Maybe 

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:11pm
Premier League 2 Player of the Month.

Worth re-visiting https://www.irishpost.com/sport/rory-delap-carlisle-long-throw-weapon-19520" rel="nofollow - the Rory Delap interview someone shared above from 2014:

And with his parents — John from Letterkenny and Maura from Kells — he had a special Christmas, marvelling at John’s capacity to persuade his boys — aged 10, six and four — to declare their allegiance to Ireland.

“They’ll listen to him quicker than they will me,” laughed Delap. “But you hope the importance of being Irish resonates with them. It meant everything to me growing up. We’ve gone back to the same places I went to when I was a child in Donegal and Meath. They loved it.

"Their granddad has drilled it into them that if they’re any good at anything, it’s Ireland they have to represent. When he said it, they took it all in. So that’s one issue done and dusted then.”

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

Premier League 2 Player of the Month.

Worth re-visiting https://www.irishpost.com/sport/rory-delap-carlisle-long-throw-weapon-19520" rel="nofollow - the Rory Delap interview someone shared above from 2014:

And with his parents — John from Letterkenny and Maura from Kells — he had a special Christmas, marvelling at John’s capacity to persuade his boys — aged 10, six and four — to declare their allegiance to Ireland.

“They’ll listen to him quicker than they will me,” laughed Delap. “But you hope the importance of being Irish resonates with them. It meant everything to me growing up. We’ve gone back to the same places I went to when I was a child in Donegal and Meath. They loved it.

"Their granddad has drilled it into them that if they’re any good at anything, it’s Ireland they have to represent. When he said it, they took it all in. So that’s one issue done and dusted then.”

We should 100% be knocking his door down. He could be starting for us right now

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:19pm
Yes, and with the talent in front of him he could be waiting a long time to be a regualar England player, we could build a team around this kid, robably one of the best prospects in world football for his position. 

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm
We've got plenty of long term forward prospects, what we are lacking in is short term goal scoring options. Delap never had any interest even playing under-16 friendlies for us, now his career has progressed he's not going to suddenly get excited about playing for the worst Ireland team in 40 years.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:08pm
He's got very close ties to ireland and he's a fantastic talent with star potential. The FAI should definitely be on a charm offensive here.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He's got very close ties to ireland and he's a fantastic talent with star potential. The FAI should definitely be on a charm offensive here.

He either wants to play or he doesn't. Best of luck to him either way. One phone call should sort it. 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

We've got plenty of long term forward prospects, what we are lacking in is short term goal scoring options. Delap never had any interest even playing under-16 friendlies for us, now his career has progressed he's not going to suddenly get excited about playing for the worst Ireland team in 40 years.

It's mad, isn't it? He's played for England at U15, U16 and U17 level and hasn't shown any interest in representing us, yet people think it's just a matter of dangling the carrot of playing with Callum O'Dowda and Daryl Horgan in front of him and he'll immediately declare for us at 17 years old and become the salve to all our problems despite playing a sum total of two matches for City.

It's mind-boggling how I could easily list 20 players who've been in a similar situation and there hasn't once been a player who has went with us if they had a choice to make - yet we are doomed to keep repeating these same pointless conversations again and again despite there being no precedent of a player at high profile club either in or on the periphery of England sides going with us.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:46pm
Yes hotlips... yes... Things are that desperate that all we have is a hope and a prayer that something might change in our favour. 

Things are bad and will most definitely get worse before they get better. Next season we'll have fewer Premier league players than we do now. Egan, Stevens, oshea and Robinson set for relegation

Our best players Coleman, Doherty and Mccarthy falling out of the first teams for various reasons and that is a trend likely to continue 

Its pretty grimm yet some ireland fans will still expect Kenny to wave a magic corner flag and create a winning team or face the sack...

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It's mad, isn't it? He's played for England at U15, U16 and U17 level and hasn't shown any interest in representing us, yet people think it's just a matter of dangling the carrot of playing with Callum O'Dowda and Daryl Horgan in front of him and he'll immediately declare for us at 17 years old and become the salve to all our problems despite playing a sum total of two matches for City.

It's mind-boggling how I could easily list 20 players who've been in a similar situation and there hasn't once been a player who has went with us if they had a choice to make - yet we are doomed to keep repeating these same pointless conversations again and again despite there being no precedent of a player at high profile club either in or on the periphery of England sides going with us.

Like your namesake Hotlips you are zero craic

-------------

Posted By: Four-Four-Two
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:18pm
delap is worth talking too, seems to have a good connection with ireland so might be interested. if you do not ask you never find out, it is really simple

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
I'd say it would go about as well as the time Northern Ireland asked Wayne Rooney if he'd be interested in playing for them.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd say it would go about as well as the time Northern Ireland asked Wayne Rooney if he'd be interested in playing for them.

Traditionally one of the most aggressive sides in Intl football when it comes to courting eligible players and people are acting like it's a possibility that the FAI haven't asked about or are unaware of a) the son of a former ROI international and b) someone playing for one of the biggest teams in the world. It scarcely beggars belief. Aye, we found out about all those lads playing at League 2 and National League level who were capped under Kinger, but Delap slipped through our fingers....

I presume Liam's aware of his Irish heritage based on musicinmouth's post earlier in the thread. He's more than capable of picking up the phone if he's interested.

It's irrelevant in any case as there were reports back in September that the FAI were aware of him and have been aware of him for some time.

If he wants to play for us, he will play for us. At the moment, he demonstrably doesn't, as he is playing for England.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:56pm
I was of the understanding that until the Septembers fifa rule change he was not eligible? Is that correct? I remember reading it somewhere that players that we initially thought were eligible were in fact not until recently

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:06pm
Just to add, the last game he played for England was September 2019 (over a year now) for the u17s, he hasn't featured in the 8 or 9 games at any age level since then for whatever reason. (Maybe injury?)

Anyway, if there are straws to be clutched at I'll be inclined to clutch them.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:29pm
There is nothing to lose by asking, but you'd suspect feelers have already been sent out and a dead was hit 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:31pm

what is your point? maybe he does say no, so what, what do we lose by this. imagine northen ireland had not asked jamal lewis, now they do not have their best young player because they just assume he would say no

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:56pm
He was asked up to play a friendly for the 18s and turned it down.

If we really want to try, Kenny should be getting on the phone and offering a senior spot now and even try get onto his da and see if he had any pull or influence. Going by twitter Rory is still a big Irish fan and ye would think his opinion would hold some influence on young Liam.

Anyone who seen him score his first couple of Senior goals would know he is probably the best striker that we would have if he declared for us now, I really belive he is that good 

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:02pm
LOL

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:17pm
He obviously has turned us down until now.  Otherwise im sure he would be in. People saying 1 phone call is all it takes and I'm fairly sure that phone call has already happened. 

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:29pm
Yeah it doesn't look likely he'll switch now. Little to no chance. 

As he hasn't played for England for over a year, if he joins up with them again we can put this thread to the ROW space.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:33pm

Yeah it doesn't look likely he'll switch now. Little to no chance. 

As he hasn't played for England for over a year, if he joins up with them again we can put this thread to the ROW space.

He's English, he hasn't played for us at any level and he obviously hasn't declared for us. It's kind of crazy that he has a thread in this section while Stephen Ireland has a thread in the ROW section.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:50pm
Its both naive and delusional to imagine Delap hasn't been approached. Two of his England youth teammates even played for Ireland simultaneously but he didn't. its not like the FAI can't be aware of his Irish connections and they have never exactly been reticent about zealously pursuing any granny ruler out there. 
And yet there are still these Ireland fans out there who imagine these players are  somehow just sitting waiting for a phone call offering their dream call up to the green shirt, just like Bamford apparently is in some minds  Ermm

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:36am
The good news is that he has two younger brothers

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:52am
it is surprising posters get so angry about the suggestion of a player being asked , you might think it was more a discussion about spitting on their relative grave given the reaction

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:07am
Exactly - if someone thinks it's silly to discuss potential eligibility, why don't they just sit these conversations out? It's not like we don't have recent examples where players made it clear they wanted to play for one country, and then switched allegiance. It's not impossible that an eligible player chooses Ireland eventually - especially in this case. His Dad played for us proudly.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:04am

Its both naive and delusional to imagine Delap hasn't been approached. Two of his England youth teammates even played for Ireland simultaneously but he didn't. its not like the FAI can't be aware of his Irish connections and they have never exactly been reticent about zealously pursuing any granny ruler out there. 
And yet there are still these Ireland fans out there who imagine these players are  somehow just sitting waiting for a phone call offering their dream call up to the green shirt, just like Bamford apparently is in some minds  Ermm

Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere he turned down an invitation to play with the U18s while still at Derby County.

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:19am

A good summation of a lot of posters on here TBH.  Whatever you might think about the FAI, finding eligible players at underage level isn't one of them, never mind a high profile son of an ex International playing in one of the best academies in England. 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:19pm
ciaran clark is proof that players are overlooked sometimes . no one is saying fai are not aware of delap, but this does not mean they have made a serious approach to convince him

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

A good summation of a lot of posters on here TBH.  Whatever you might think about the FAI, finding eligible players at underage level isn't one of them, never mind a high profile son of an ex International playing in one of the best academies in England. 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:48pm
Ciaran Clark: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1021/272149-clarkc_astonvilla_ireland/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1021/272149-clarkc_astonvilla_ireland/

There's probably a hint in there somewhere about what confluence of events it would take for someone in Liam Delap's position to end up playing for us.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:11pm
His parents need to have a chat with Richard Dunne at a preseason game?

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:16pm
clark was an england under 20 captain at the time he spoke to richard dunne about wanting to play for ireland but the fai never approaching him , an england career was not a long-shot for him at this time when he was a 20 year old premiership regular player . your disdain for irish people born in england is border on pathological , you seem to look at them all as cynical bogey-men who could not be irish . this says more of you and your insecurity of irish identity than of committed players like clark who do not deserve your scorn

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
We need to get the bloke from Irish Football Fan TV to ring Rory Delap to find out for sure

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:20pm
According to Wikipedia he made his last appearance for England U-20s in a friendly match in March 2008, two-and-a-half years before he declared for Ireland.

And going by comments Clark himself made, he seemed to believe that playing for England was very much a long shot.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:44pm
clark signal his intent for ireland as a 20 year old premiership regular who had recently to this been an england underage captain ! this is the fact of it . does this sound of a player who has no england chance choosing a back up, a 20 year old premiership player and england underage captain ? you are stretching very hard to twist your agenda against the irish of england here i think , but this seems to be your only view so not a surprise

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:49pm
I've explained this precise point to O'Shea before and the fact that Clark was by then in the Under-21 age group which he had been continually overlooked for by England for two years, but he is still going to bury his head in the sand and  persist with the narrative/myth that Clark gave up his destiny as future England captain for the glory of a career with the Republic Ireland ,because it gives comfort to the likes of himself and others like him to believe so.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 3:16pm
i think the opposite of course , that certain folk will twist any situation to the most cynical as they will not view the irish of england as more than plastic paddies . to argue a 20 year old premiership regular at centre defense will believe himself to not have any england prospect is laughable , and to argue clark who has displayed nothing but dedication to ireland is not true in his conviction is downright unfair and callous in disregard for his identity

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 3:36pm
WTF are we even talking about this fella for anyway. Hes got nowt to do with us. NOWT!!!!!!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:00pm

I've explained this precise point to O'Shea before and the fact that Clark was by then in the Under-21 age group which he had been continually overlooked for by England for two years, but he is still going to bury his head in the sand and  persist with the narrative/myth that Clark gave up his destiny as future England captain for the glory of a career with the Republic Ireland ,because it gives comfort to the likes of himself and others like him to believe so.

Yes, it's very frustrating alright. I literally included a quote from Clark explaining why he declared for Ireland and I pointed out the inaccuracy in saying he was an England regular when he declared for us, when the truth is he hadn't played for England in over two years - yet he persists with this insincere and stupid argument.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:21pm
this is the first time i have argued with anyone about clark ? the only insecurity i can see is of those who try to twist logic to say guys like clark are mercenary . personal speaking, i actualy do not care if a player has their only identity as irish so long as they give maximum effort for the team , but with a player such as clark it is simple mean spiritedness and spite that would lead to questioning of their motives . this is a clear example of a 20 year old premiership defender - in other words a novice for this position yet still playing at the highest standard - choosing ireland over england despite having previously captained england and their career being on the up . this is a clear example of a player not known to the fai going to them and initiating the process themself . all of this points to their preference , it is not a case of a middle twenties division two player deciding to play for ireland, it is obviously something different. to try and portray clark and those like him of not feeling irish and having only a career motive needs you to suspend your disbelief and throw out all the logic and facts of the case which suggest otherwise . impartiality and prejudice will lead to this though

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:27pm

Yes, it's very frustrating alright. I literally included a quote from Clark explaining why he declared for Ireland and I pointed out the inaccuracy in saying he was an England regular when he declared for us, when the truth is he hadn't played for England in over two years - yet he persists with this insincere and stupid argument.

very intriguing you hone in on this quote which is vague could mean anything , and ignore the very clear and direct quote at the beginning of the article where he says "for myself and my family" in responding to the question about why he wants to play for ireland . why have you chosen to ignore this quote which conspicuouly addresses clarks motivation in a post where you are attempting to describe clarks motivation ? i find this unusual , it seems a sideways approach taken as the real evidence does not support the view you take

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

this is the first time i have argued with anyone about clark ? the only insecurity i can see is of those who try to twist logic to say guys like clark are mercenary . personal speaking, i actualy do not care if a player has their only identity as irish so long as they give maximum effort for the team , but with a player such as clark it is simple mean spiritedness and spite that would lead to questioning of their motives . this is a clear example of a 20 year old premiership defender - in other words a novice for this position yet still playing at the highest standard - choosing ireland over england despite having previously captained england and their career being on the up . this is a clear example of a player not known to the fai going to them and initiating the process themself . all of this points to their preference , it is not a case of a middle twenties division two player deciding to play for ireland, it is obviously something different. to try and portray clark and those like him of not feeling irish and having only a career motive needs you to suspend your disbelief and throw out all the logic and facts of the case which suggest otherwise . impartiality and prejudice will lead to this though

You used to post as The O'Shea. now that you post everything about irish and eligible footballers in small caps you think everyone will be too stupid to realise you set up a new account after getting banned for trolling. You kept logging in and appearing in the "members online" section  after getting banned and as soon as your new account was created, you stopped logging in under your old one. LOL

He wasn't a "regular" when he declared for Ireland either. He started 16 games the season he declared for us and he started 13 games the season after. I explained this to you under your old account but you refuse to listen - just like you refused to listen when I politely pointed out to you that he wasn't playing for England when he declared for us.

I even threw in the following quote from Clark: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that."

And of course you manage to somehow contort that into a way that fits your agenda.

Clark being pretty much the only outlier in the last 20 years who you could use to fit your narrative - and it turns out even his reasons for declaring for us are because he (rightly) couldn't foresee a future with England, as outlined in the article I linked.

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:46pm

WTF are we even talking about this fella for anyway. Hes got nowt to do with us. NOWT!!!!!!

Ah the irony of using nowt is lost on you isn't it  ?
Nowt is Anglo English and not Hiberno English, which us Irish speak. 
But carry on. 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

But carry on. 

No its a word they use in the Yorkshire/Lancashire area which Manchester is in. Ok. Now take your irony and shove it up your ho#e.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:32pm

You used to post as The O'Shea. now that you post everything about irish and eligible footballers in small caps you think everyone will be too stupid to realise you set up a new account after getting banned for trolling. You kept logging in and appearing in the "members online" section  after getting banned and as soon as your new account was created, you stopped logging in under your old one. LOL

You were banned at the same time for the exact same thing as O’Shea..and you’re in no position to be having a go at anyone for setting up a new profile Propaghandi......

442, im deactivating the O’Shea account if you are using this one. 

If you two continue in the same vein as prior to your last ban, the next one will come along very quickly.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:52pm
i have no other account , i joined this forum a few months ago having previous been on foot.ie , but there is little posting there so i went here which has more activity and news

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:55pm

He wasn't a "regular" when he declared for Ireland either. He started 16 games the season he declared for us and he started 13 games the season after. I explained this to you under your old account but you refuse to listen - just like you refused to listen when I politely pointed out to you that he wasn't playing for England when he declared for us.

I even threw in the following quote from Clark: "I was England Under-18 captain but I didn't think I was going anywhere really with that."

And of course you manage to somehow contort that into a way that fits your agenda.

Clark being pretty much the only outlier in the last 20 years who you could use to fit your narrative - and it turns out even his reasons for declaring for us are because he (rightly) couldn't foresee a future with England, as outlined in the article I linked.

so you follow this other poster about when they are online , and because i disagree with you you say i am trolling and i am this poster . listen to what you are saying , it is obsessive and i for one want no part in it

Posted By: Wes_Wanderers
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:17pm

Hold on a minute, you tracked O'Shea's online status at a time when you were also banned, noting when they were on regularly or not? Jesus I always thought you were the one talking sense who was unlucky to be banned, but you both seem to as bad as each other in hindsight

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

Hold on a minute, you tracked O'Shea's online status at a time when you were also banned, noting when they were on regularly or not? Jesus I always thought you were the one talking sense who was unlucky to be banned, but you both seem to as bad as each other in hindsight

Sham gave me a 1 or 2 week ban (I can't remember which) so I kept logging in to see if it had elapsed, and every time I logged in, O'Shea was online. For some reason I couldn't access the site even after my ban had ended (at which point 4-4-2 started posting and O'Shea mysteriously vanished) but I logged in about a fortnight ago and it worked.

I used to post on foot.ie. I can guarantee you 4-4-2 (The O'Shea) never posted there. He would've stood out if he did. LOL

And fine, Sham, I won't engage with him anymore.

Posted By: Wes_Wanderers
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
Mate, that level of vigilance sounds insane though. I was one of the posters who brought it to the mods attention you had been banned too long as I thought you brought some good opinions to the forum, but I'm beginning to question that action on my part. I would have thought with the likes of O'Shea spamming love letters to Harry Arter gone you would focus more on posting your useful football opinions than getting into heated arguments, but instead it's taken you no time at all to find a "new O'Shea" to argue with.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
Oh good God - that propagandhi clown was posting crap years ago on Greenscene. Now it all makes sense 

-------------

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm

But carry on. 

No its a word they use in the Yorkshire/Lancashire area which Manchester is in. Ok. Now take your irony and shove it up your ho#e.

LOLLOL

You got summink else to say   ?    You've got nowt have you   ?   

Hahaha 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 7:11pm
What on earth is going on here?!

Back to topic lads! 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:03pm
53 new posts and absolutely nothing new on Liam Delap. LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:20pm
Grown men arguing over a teenage boy. Embarrassing 

Posted By: DublinScouse1916
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:23pm
"Pep Guardiola has confirmed that youth star striker Liam Delap (18) will join the first-team squad permanently next season"
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-confirm-new-first-20311269" rel="nofollow - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-confirm-new-first-20311269

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

"Pep Guardiola has confirmed that youth star striker Liam Delap (18) will join the first-team squad permanently next season"
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-confirm-new-first-20311269" rel="nofollow - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-confirm-new-first-20311269

I would think this belongs in the ROW thread... while sober, this guy will never select ireland

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

I would think this belongs in the ROW thread... while sober, this guy will never select ireland

Then we know what we need to do. Get him locked

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:29pm

But carry on. 

LOLLOL

You got summink else to say   ?    You've got nowt have you   ?   

Hahaha 

I'm a lancastrian.  I've never used that word.  I've nowt left to add

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:13am
I wouldnt rule Delap out just yet, when you look at the forwards England have at the moment and the fact he has a strong link to Ireland could sway it in our favour.

Englands top forward line have 2 world class players in every position lads like Grealish and Sterling on the left, Kane and Rashford through the middle, and Sancho and Bellingham on the right with Foden and Mount just behind.

If that is who Southgate picks for the Euros, the likes of Abraham, Calvert-Lewien, Bamford, Hudson-Odoi, Greenwood, Ings, and Maddison wont even get in the squad. He could potentially be a starter for us very soon if he did pick us whereas he could be waiting a long time to be a regular in the England squad. Heres hoping .

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:27am
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

I wouldnt rule Delap out just yet, when you look at the forwards England have at the moment and the fact he has a strong link to Ireland could sway it in our favour.

Englands top forward line have 2 world class players in every position lads like Grealish and Sterling on the left, Kane and Rashford through the middle, and Sancho and Bellingham on the right with Foden and Mount just behind.

If that is who Southgate picks for the Euros, the likes of Calvert-Lewien, Bamford, Hudson-Odoi, Greenwood, Ings, and Maddison wont even get in the squad. He could potentially be a starter for us very soon if he did pick us whereas he could be waiting a long time to be a regular in the England squad. Heres hoping .

Southgate has been very clever and proactive in capping young dual qualified players.  He'll get him on the pitch against San Marino or Andorra. Don't see Liam playing for us barring a severe stalling in his development 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:36am
Though that would no longer tie him. He'd need to cap him 4 times.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:49am
Kenny did sound upbeat when talking about him recently and also Rory didnt rule it out in a recent interview when he said he dosent have a choice to make just yet, also his younger brother who is 16 and plays as a right back is on the books of Burton Albion, I can see him getting called up to one of the younger squads when there games resume.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:29am
Sure he's played and scored for the England u18 vs Wales last week ffs.

His decision is pretty clear but we continue to try to convince ourselves 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:37am

Ciaran Clarke played underage for England and was captain at one stage coupd of easily picked up England caps at that stage in his career.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:39am

Delap if he plays with us at all will essentially be a Che Adam’s job I think. Combination of Ireland actually looking like doing something and his career being decent but regular English caps being out the question. 

I wouldn’t be as pretentious about that as some we have had plenty marvellous servants with looser ties to Ireland but plenty are. A few in Scotland a bit put out at the Che Adam’s situation as well. 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Delap if he plays with us at all will essentially be a Che Adam’s job I think. Combination of Ireland actually looking like doing something and his career being decent but regular English caps being out the question. 

I wouldn’t be as pretentious about that as some we have had plenty marvellous servants with looser ties to Ireland but plenty are. A few in Scotland a bit put out at the Che Adam’s situation as well. 

They probably like the idea of a national team.

Posted By: longford claret
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
I think a few years ago when Gordon McQueen was doing his nut at the disgrace of two Scottish born players , McGeady and McCarthy turning out for Ireland against their country of birth, there was about 5 English born players turning out for Scotland in the same game. McQueen saw nothing wrong with that of course. 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:18pm
The English players playing for Scotland were/are Brits, as are the Scots. It's a nonsense that they have four teams anyway, one "Kingdom" one team is the way it should be.

A few Scottish nationalists I know share that view - too many in the tartan army happy to proclaim their Scottishness in football but not so much when it comes to an independence vote.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:22pm

The English players playing for Scotland were/are Brits, as are the Scots. It's a nonsense that they have four teams anyway, one "Kingdom" one team is the way it should be.

A few Scottish nationalists I know share that view - too many in the tartan army happy to proclaim their Scottishness in football but not so much when it comes to an independence vote.

Don't get me started u numpty. England Scotland Wales have existed as separate associations for more than 100 years. Don't pretend Ireland is completely separate. Second and I've said it on here millions of times. Uk isn't a country   its a kingdom of  countries.  So yes they should be separate 

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:59pm

Don't get me started u numpty. England Scotland Wales have existed as separate associations for more than 100 years. Don't pretend Ireland is completely separate. Second and I've said it on here millions of times. Uk isn't a country   its a kingdom of  countries.  So yes they should be separate 

The state of Northern Ireland isn’t a Country.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:11pm

Numpty? Bad enough that you hang around on here like a bad smell but don’t think you can start calling the odds

-------------

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

I think a few years ago when Gordon McQueen was doing his nut at the disgrace of two Scottish born players , McGeady and McCarthy turning out for Ireland against their country of birth, there was about 5 English born players turning out for Scotland in the same game. McQueen saw nothing wrong with that of course. 

Yes and while I do see the point people are making I think to not want to be milking the granny rule to our advantage is a bit pretentious. You would hope with the crazy pool of talent England are developing or in underage squads that might work in our favour too down the line.

A few players like Robinson or even a bit better like Che Adam’s may declare for us due to this. Important of course that’s used as a supplement to the homegrown talent we are producing and not as a crutch like the last 10-15 years. 

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:19pm

100% agree.

It's no big deal for an English man to play for Scotland or Wales, they don't need a different passport or anything.

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

100% agree.

It's no big deal for an English man to play for Scotland or Wales, they don't need a different passport or anything.

An English man doesn't have a different passport but you can't just play for Scotland if you have no connections with Scotland. They still need to have at least a grandparent who's from the country.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net