Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 40>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fact is, the supporters, owners, administrators and sports media in clubs and leagues all over Europe are crapping themselves at the increasing dominance of the EPL over their own "product", especially since their own best...     ... managers are all keener than ever to get to England.
Two of La Liga's best and most admired managers, Julen Lopetegui (56) and Unai Emery (51), are the latest to have been lured to England.

And it's not as if they're joining Top Six teams in Wolves and Villa, or are past their prime, or have been out of work for ages etc.

Which is not to say that either will be a huge success, but if it turns out they aren't, they'll just get sacked, take their compo and likely be replaced by someone else with a similar CV.

Lopetegui was sacked after a poor start this season with Sevilla you thick!

**Unemployed manager accepts a job offer at EPL club shocker**

Er, did you not read what I posted? Or fail to understand it? Maybe blithely ignored it, in the hope that no-one else would notice?

Whichever, I referred to managers who "have been out of work for ages". Lopetgui was sacked only last month (and would have been available to Wolves straightaway had it not been a for a family matter).

And having taken Sevilla to 3 successive 4th place finishes, plus a Europa League, after having managed Porto, Real Madrid and the Spanish NT at every level up to full international, he would have had his pick of jobs all over Europe.

Yet he chose to come to the PL.

To Wolves.

You thick.

He chose to come to the EPL after getting sacked from a La Liga club, he wasn’t offered a job with any other La Liga side, so what the f**k is your point?
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:40pm

Fact is, the supporters, owners, administrators and sports media in clubs and leagues all over Europe are crapping themselves at the increasing dominance of the EPL over their own "product", especially since their own best...     ... managers are all keener than ever to get to England.
Two of La Liga's best and most admired managers, Julen Lopetegui (56) and Unai Emery (51), are the latest to have been lured to England.

And it's not as if they're joining Top Six teams in Wolves and Villa, or are past their prime, or have been out of work for ages etc.

Which is not to say that either will be a huge success, but if it turns out they aren't, they'll just get sacked, take their compo and likely be replaced by someone else with a similar CV.

Lopetegui was sacked after a poor start this season with Sevilla you thick!

**Unemployed manager accepts a job offer at EPL club shocker**

Er, did you not read what I posted? Or fail to understand it? Maybe blithely ignored it, in the hope that no-one else would notice?

Whichever, I referred to managers who "have been out of work for ages". Lopetgui was sacked only last month (and would have been available to Wolves straightaway had it not been a for a family matter).

And having taken Sevilla to 3 successive 4th place finishes, plus a Europa League, after having managed Porto, Real Madrid and the Spanish NT at every level up to full international, he would have had his pick of jobs all over Europe.

Yet he chose to come to the PL.

To Wolves.

You thick.

He chose to come to the EPL after getting sacked from a La Liga club, he wasn’t offered a job with any other La Liga side, so what the f**k is your point?

Cue another fifteen paragraph load of waffle once he finishes the sh*te he's writing on Politics.ie.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:59pm

[Lopetgui] chose to come to the EPL after getting sacked from a La Liga club, he wasn’t offered a job with any other La Liga side, so what the f**k is your point?
With his CV, he could easily have expected his pick of the next vacancies in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy or Germany etc. Instead he couldn't wait to get to England, where he'll be locking horns with other Spanish managers in Guardiola, Arteta and Emery, to go with other top arrivals like.Ten Haag and Conte , for example.

My point being that with the top managers and players opting to come to England over Spain, all the biggest investors buying into the EPL over La Liga, the best stadia, the biggest crowds and by far the greatest worldwide interest etc, the EPL is currently whipping La Liga's arse, both on and off the pitch.

All of which is evidenced by their respective fortunes in Europe this season, as reflected (ahem) in their coefficients.

But if you have any evidence to the contrary, then let's hear it, instead of just making the usual snide remarks.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:06pm
Looks like Nathan Jones is going to take the Southampton job! Another manager La Liga are missing out on! Sigh.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Cue another fifteen paragraph load of waffle once he finishes the sh*te he's writing on Politics.ie.
And your views on La Liga? No? Nothing?

Meanwhile, I don't post on politics.ie, I don't think I've ever posted on it, in fact I'm sure I haven't even looked at that site in 10 years. At least.

So you're stalking the wrong man. Wacko
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:10pm

But if you have any evidence to the contrary, then let's hear it, instead of just making the usual snide remarks.

Looks like Nathan Jones is going to take the Southampton job! Another manager La Liga are missing out on! Sigh.
So that's it, then.

That's all you've got.

Laughable. LOL
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:14pm
Is it the same Lopetegui that rejected the wolves job twice a couple of weeks ago?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Is it the same Lopetegui that rejected the wolves job twice a couple of weeks ago?

Correct!

Throwing outrageous money at someone who is currently unemployed, shocked he eventually took the job.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:22pm

Yep, one and the same.

From October 11th:
"... family issues have seen Lopetegui reluctantly turn Wolves down. His 92-year-old father is unwell and Lopetegui has chosen to remain by his side rather than move to England."
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:49pm

Yep, one and the same.

From October 11th:
"... family issues have seen Lopetegui reluctantly turn Wolves down. His 92-year-old father is unwell and Lopetegui has chosen to remain by his side rather than move to England."

So not exactly 'he couldn't wait to get to England' then? More like they threw a load of money at him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 4:18pm

Yep, one and the same.

From October 11th:

So not exactly 'he couldn't wait to get to England' then? More like they threw a load of money at him
Er, the moment he was out of Sevilla, he wanted to get straight to England, but couldn't since his father was ill.

And the way these things are, I suspect he, Wolves and Mendes were working on this even before Sevilla gave him the push.

My point being that a manager of his stature in the game could undoubtedly have attracted his choice of decent offers from all over, had he decided to wait. Instead he went to the EPL as quickly as possible.

While Emery came back for a second go, even despite his previous unhappy experience.

Not a good look for La Liga.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 5:54pm

Er, the moment he was out of Sevilla, he wanted to get straight to England, but couldn't since his father was ill.

And the way these things are, I suspect he, Wolves and Mendes were working on this even before Sevilla gave him the push.

My point being that a manager of his stature in the game could undoubtedly have attracted his choice of decent offers from all over, had he decided to wait. Instead he went to the EPL as quickly as possible.

While Emery came back for a second go, even despite his previous unhappy experience.

Not a good look for La Liga.

Or maybe he just got a huge wedge of yen for the move?

Not too many big clubs would be interested in someone who talked himself out of a job on the eve of a world cup.

I'm glad to see Emery back, top quality manager and replaced another bluffer who found his way into managing in the greatest league in the world.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 6:18pm

Or maybe he just got a huge wedge of yen for the move? 
Well he's not working for the Minimum Wage, that's for sure!

But it must say something when even little old Wolves can afford to meet his wage demands. I mean, many comparable clubs in Spain haven't got a pot to piss in.

Besides, I suspect he's using Wolves as a "stepping stone" into English football, meaning that if he does well, he'll be in contention whenever a really big job PL comes along.

While if he doesnt, then no great harm done, he'll surely get something elsewhere in Europe.

Not too many big clubs would be interested in someone who talked himself out of a job on the eve of a world cup.
Not too many have had to choose between that and the Real Madrid gig!

I'm glad to see Emery back, top quality manager and replaced another bluffer who found his way into managing in the greatest league in the world.
Completely agree about Emery, though not sure SG is a "bluffer" - it could be that AV/EPL was just too much, too soon for him?

After all, Arsenal fans though Arteta was a bluffer even as recently as 6 months ago and wanted him out.

They've rather forgotten that since.
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:34pm
Viva Espania!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:01pm
Rayo ClapClapClapClapClap

What a match. What a result.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:01pm
What a game that was tonight in the Madrid derby! Rayo Vallecano worthy winners over Real Madrid! It’s a real pity La Liga isn’t competitive.

Atmosphere was brilliant too, would love to get to a game at the Estadio De Vallecas.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Rayo ClapClapClapClapClap

What a match. What a result.

Isi Palazon put in some shift Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:41pm
Great weekend for Barca!

Pedri, Gavi and Araujo were all brilliant tonight! Still have my doubts about Xavi, his subs baffle me at times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 40>
  Share Topic