Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga 2017/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Liga 2017/2018
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:05pm
Opening day fixtures just announced. 

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:07pm
Atletico and Villarreal will play their first two games away because of work on their grounds so their fixtures are reversed.

As You Were
Three in a row
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:11pm
Wouldn't mind something similar to a repeat of Sevilla Espanyol on the opening weekend of last year, finished 6-4 to Sevilla
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:23pm
I'm looking forward to seeing Girona. First time in the top flight. Great fixture for them to start with. How are Valencia looking now?

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing Girona. First time in the top flight. Great fixture for them to start with. How are Valencia looking now?
It is a really lovely town that I only ever saw because of Ryanair! Would be well worth a trip for a game.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It is a really lovely town that I only ever saw because of Ryanair! Would be well worth a trip for a game.
Great, I'll be there myself in 3 weeks time.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:41pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:51pm

Hard to say, awful lot of change at the club. Enzo Perez and Diego Alves are gone (for a combined 3.3m Dead), new manager, some players could still leave. Oh, and Negredo is back because nobody will take him. A season without them being in a relegation battle for most of the season would be nice at this stage
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Hard to say, awful lot of change at the club. Enzo Perez and Diego Alves are gone (for a combined 3.3m Dead), new manager, some players could still leave. Oh, and Negredo is back because nobody will take him. A season without them being in a relegation battle for most of the season would be nice at this stage

I'm waiting (dreading) the day Newcastle are linked with him.

In all fairness he usually starts the season well then drifts off if

Edited by lassassinblanc - 21 Jul 2017 at 1:34pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:31pm
Girona are getting quite a few City fringe players on loan

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, I see Roberts is being linked with them and Jason Denayer publicly stated he didn't want to go there. What is the link? I assume that it is through Pep?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:50pm
A feeder club set up and Guardiola's brother works for Girona as an advisor
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, I see Roberts is being linked with them and Jason Denayer publicly stated he didn't want to go there. What is the link? I assume that it is through Pep?

I think EPL clubs should be sending their kids on loan abroad. Learn more about the continental style of play. They always seem to opt for other English sides. 

Anyway back to La Liga  - 
Hard to see Barca topping Madrid this season. With Ronaldo on fire and experience in the team they will be hard to beat in the league and Champ league.

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:43pm
Looking forward to the new season. Madrid slight favourites, but Barca are always going to be a threat. If they can bring in a central midfielder to help out Rakitic and Busquets (not Coutinho) I'd have them as favourites. Thiago is exactly what they need, their transfers have been awful in recent years.
I think Semedo might be a great signing at right back though. Looks far better suited to Barcelona than the Barca born Bellerin. He might be able to replicate (to some degree) what Alves did, helping control a game from right back.

Interesting to see how Sevilla do this season.
Lost Sampaoli, Vitolo, Iborra, Nasri, Jovetic, Konoplyanka and Vietto. Great to see Banega back though.

Madrid continue to make brilliant signings..Ceballos is outstanding and appears to have a great attitude. Bit of a risk going into the season with Benzema as the only number 9. Morata was very good at filling in, squad depth won them the trophies last year.

Hopefully Atletico get off to a good start this year. Moving into the new stadium in gameweek 4 might cause them problems, the Calderon record was excellent under Simeone. Could take a while to get used to the new surroundings.
No players coming in for the start of the season due to the transfer ban, but Vitolo signed and loaned to Las Palmas, and potentially Costa in January as well, those signings would leave them very well equipped for a strong finish. Two perfect players for Simeone.

Marcelino was excellent at Villarreal and now he is in charge of Valencia. I hope he can sort that mess out. It'll be much tougher managing up at Valencia than it was at Villarreal. Apparently he identified Nani, Enzo and Alves as players he wanted to get out as soon as he arrived. Two of them gone so far.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Looking forward to the new season. Madrid slight favourites, but Barca are always going to be a threat. If they can bring in a central midfielder to help out Rakitic and Busquets (not Coutinho) I'd have them as favourites. Thiago is exactly what they need, their transfers have been awful in recent years.
I think Semedo might be a great signing at right back though. Looks far better suited to Barcelona than the Barca born Bellerin. He might be able to replicate (to some degree) what Alves did, helping control a game from right back.

Interesting to see how Sevilla do this season.
Lost Sampaoli, Vitolo, Iborra, Nasri, Jovetic, Konoplyanka and Vietto.
Great to see Banega back though.

Madrid continue to make brilliant signings..Ceballos is outstanding and appears to have a great attitude. Bit of a risk going into the season with Benzema as the only number 9. Morata was very good at filling in, squad depth won them the trophies last year.

Hopefully Atletico get off to a good start this year. Moving into the new stadium in gameweek 4 might cause them problems, the Calderon record was excellent under Simeone. Could take a while to get used to the new surroundings.
No players coming in for the start of the season due to the transfer ban, but Vitolo signed and loaned to Las Palmas, and potentially Costa in January as well, those signings would leave them very well equipped for a strong finish. Two perfect players for Simeone.

Marcelino was excellent at Villarreal and now he is in charge of Valencia. I hope he can sort that mess out. It'll be much tougher managing up at Valencia than it was at Villarreal. Apparently he identified Nani, Enzo and Alves as players he wanted to get out as soon as he arrived. Two of them gone so far.

And Monchi, probably the biggest loss of them all
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:59pm
Apparently Oscar Arias the lad who is taking over from Monchi was working very close to him at Sevilla since 2013 and was a key member of his team. They expect a smooth transition.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 11:26am
I seen Barca play a few years ago. Must see if I can get to a Madrid game this season.
Anybody how if it's hard to get tickets?

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 6:43pm
You can buy them direct from the club's website and they're usually not to hard to come by.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic