You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Zefi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:50pm
Is Stephen Carr his agent?

Zefi needs a loan this year to see what he's made of
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He can still play for Albania as his folks are from there also . 

Both of them or just one ?

This is from google
Kevin Zefi was born on February 11, 2005 in Dublin, Ireland to Kastro Zefi and Vera Zefi. They moved from Albania to Ireland before his  birth.

I don't know how reliable the site is, might be some sort of AI generated site going by this wording
He has a great pace which has made him brought match winning performances for Ireland.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:03am
there seems to be a deluded notion that young Irish players going to the continent is better than them going to UK or staying at home. I’m yet to see any young Irish player get any sort of regular game time on the continent. Zefi falls into that category. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:32am
Marko from Tropoje is trying to take Kevin to Albania but Liam Neeson has vowed to take Kevin back from the Albanians to The EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:11am
Josh Cullen was not too young, probably about 24, but his career got some trajectory when he moved to Belgium.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:47am
Am I just being overly negative, or is the correct way to read this that he is being let go by Inter?

Also, given the choice of:

(i) playing first-team adult football for Rovers 
versus 
(ii) Academy football with and against players the majority of whom will never make a senior professional appearance at Serie A or B, I think Rovers was the better option. 

Only a tiny proportion, like less than 1%, of Inter Academy / Primavera players go on to play in Serie A, never mind for Inter proper.  

I remember looking at the numbers when Ryan Nolan was there (Bastoni one of the last if not the last to do it), which were similar in terms of breakthroughs to Bayern where Johansson was. Sound like great clubs because of the big name, but terrible record in bringing players through. 

At least at Newcastle he'll have a shot at PL2/U23 hopefully.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Josh Cullen was not too young, probably about 24, but his career got some trajectory when he moved to Belgium.

Cullen had nearly one hundred english league appearances, L1 and Championship, befor he went over.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Am I just being overly negative, or is the correct way to read this that he is being let go by Inter?

That would be the suspicion all right, getting out ahead of the bad news.  It was a real hail mary sending him to Inter, but maybe looked good for someone else.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:38am

versus 
(ii) Academy football with and against players the majority of whom will never make a senior professional appearance at Serie A or B, I think Rovers was the better option. 

Only a tiny proportion, like less than 1%, of Inter Academy / Primavera players go on to play in Serie A, never mind for Inter proper.  

I remember looking at the numbers when Ryan Nolan was there (Bastoni one of the last if not the last to do it), which were similar in terms of breakthroughs to Bayern where Johansson was. Sound like great clubs because of the big name, but terrible record in bringing players through. 

You are as unlikely to make it at Newcastle as you are at Inter Milan. Whatever one’s thoughts on Inters development of young players to try and paint Newcastle as any different or superior is bizarre. 

It was as sh*t even when they are a bottom 6 PL team don’t mind now. At least Inter are a top team in the CL regularly over the last 10 years.

I agree on him probably being better off staying at Rovers he would have likely got regular first team football. He could take a leaf out of Will Gnontos book. Similar type of player too. 

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Jul 2023 at 10:40am
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:43am

versus 

Ferizaj isn't getting many minutes at Rovers, so who's to say that Zefi would had he stayed.

That 1% can't be true. 

Academy/Primavera graduates since 2010:

Cristiano Biraghi (30) - Fiorentina
Mame Thiam (30) - Kayserispor
Alfred Duncan (30) - Fiorentina
George Pușcaș (27) - Genoa
Ionuț Radu (26) - Inter Milan
Andreaw Gravillon (25) - Reims 
Federico Dimarco (25) - Inter Milan
Michele Di Gregorio (25) - Monza
Andrea Pinamonti (24) - Sassuolo
Nicolò Zaniolo (24) - Galatasaray
Zinho Vanheusden (23) -Inter Milan
Salvatore Esposito (22) - Spezia
Martín Satriano (22) - Inter Milan
Eddie Salcedo (21) - Inter Milan
Sebastiano Esposito (21) - Inter Milan
Lorenzo Priola (21) - Salernitana
Cesare Casadei (20) - Chelsea
Franco Carboni  (20) - Inter Milan
Wilfred Gnonto (19) - Leeds United
Valentín Carboni (18) - Inter Milan

Bastoni was bought from Atalanta after a loan at Parma where he impressed.

The reality of football at the very top is that it's difficult to churn out world class player regularly. United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. They all produce a lot of footballers for the overall football pyramid in their countries. The Football League is full of former United and Chelsea graduates. A Paul Scholes, John Terry, Lionel Messi or Raúl are not normal players. They come along every 20-30 years. If even.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:44am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

there seems to be a deluded notion that young Irish players going to the continent is better than them going to UK or staying at home. I’m yet to see any young Irish player get any sort of regular game time on the continent. Zefi falls into that category. 

Jake O’Brien at Molenbeek had a great loan spell last year. Garcia McNulty had a great loan spell at NAC Breda. Both lads enhanced their reputations massively. Ebosele gradually got gametime in a Serie A team. Abankwah made his Serie A debut. 

This is from literally a handful of players how many 8/9?? That’s before I get to your “deluded notion” comment. It’s 2023 not 1993. So many Irish fans/media outlets seem to talk about football as if it’s the latter and not the former. 

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Jul 2023 at 10:45am
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:04am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

versus 

You are as unlikely to make it at Newcastle as you are at Inter Milan. Whatever one’s thoughts on Inters development of young players to try and paint Newcastle as any different or superior is bizarre. 

It was as sh*t even when they are a bottom 6 PL team don’t mind now. At least Inter are a top team in the CL regularly over the last 10 years.

I agree on him probably being better off staying at Rovers he would have likely got regular first team football. He could take a leaf out of Will Gnontos book. Similar type of player too.

Newcastle should be ashamed that they're located within a hotbed for professional footballers, yet very few of them came through at Newcastle.

Sir Bobby Charlton
Jack Charlton
Ray Kennedy
Bryan Robson
Peter Beardsley
Steve Bruce
Alan Shearer
Michael Carrick

All of them slipped through the net and came through at other clubs.

Chris Waddle never played for their youth team, but was picked up at 19. Gazza is the rare exception who actually came through the ranks.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:13am

100%. the youth football in italy is pretty poor level anyway. i think it was a give away when the lad wasnt being pushed into the 19s from the 18s this year that we wasnt going great. PL is still untouchable for developing players when comparing the 2 countries. different story if a lad is fastracked through age groups to get into b team/senior team. 

Edited by 84ccfc84 - 05 Jul 2023 at 11:15am
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:44am
We should be trying to get more young lads into the Greek and Turkish Leagues, that's my main take away from the past few weeks.

They are the elite leagues of European football.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:52am
So many wild statements being thrown around regarding the best country for development. There are far too many situations depending on this, with the biggest being the actual club and ability of the player.

Different clubs in different leagues have a completely different approach and record to development and pathway to senior football for young players.

Just throwing out random countries is pointless. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:15pm

Realistically Newcastle are likely to take on a similar transfer trajectory to Man City where they will take multiple approaches. They will compete for World Class talent who will improve their starting XI and also separately for top rated youngsters who they will seek to loan out and make a profit on ultimately. Zefi has about a 200/1 chance of breaking into the first team and become a regular at Newcastle should he land there. But he could much more likely become a top pro elsewhere through a similar process to Bazunu, he could be farmed out to L1 or a similar level initially and then take it from there 
El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

100%. the youth football in italy is pretty poor level anyway. i think it was a give away when the lad wasnt being pushed into the 19s from the 18s this year that we wasnt going great. PL is still untouchable for developing players when comparing the 2 countries. different story if a lad is fastracked through age groups to get into b team/senior team. 

Quickly crunched numbers on total U21 players to make 5 appearances or more in both Leagues even managed to filter it by position through Transfermarkt.

Premier League       

Goalkeeper 1 
Defenders 10 
Midfielders 15 
Attackers 15 

Serie A 
Defenders 12 
Midfielders 23 
Attackers 15 

Zero evidence to me that the “Premier League is untouchable” at developing players compared to others. It’s just fiction.If you want to use other metrics that’s fine feel free.  
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

So many wild statements being thrown around regarding the best country for development. There are far too many situations depending on this, with the biggest being the actual club and ability of the player.

Different clubs in different leagues have a completely different approach and record to development and pathway to senior football for young players.

Just throwing out random countries is pointless. 

I think going to Inter Milan or AC Milan is no different than going to a big 6 club or a Newcastle. Incredibly hard to breakthrough. 

One thing I will say the recent trend of certain English clubs breaking the mould in a money infested League by once again using intensive scouting,data analytics etc to source mainly young talent has been a monumental benefit to us as a nation. Obviously each club uses different methods but the same benefit.

Brighton,Burnley,,Norwich and Southampton are 4 I can think of that have been very good to young Irish players and their development. Not to mention plenty EFL clubs too. 

Palace are another “Prem” club that seem to be handling a few young Irish lads developments to a tee.

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Jul 2023 at 1:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic