Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58637
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kevin Zefi
Posted By: Nialler
Subject: Kevin Zefi
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:02pm
I wanted to post this and saw the lad had no thread. He is in amongst the senior squad at Inter now

"ZEFI THE IRISHMAN BREXIT GAVE TO INTER"

"With the Under 18 team he has already scored 6 goals in 3 matches (poker in the last match against Spal) and Chivu now always calls him up for the Primavera. English teams could only register him at the age of 18 and the Nerazzurri played in advance

Dominate with his peers, as happens in neighborhood teams when one boy is clearly stronger than the others. And then he moves the bar further, it couldn't be otherwise. The Under 18 numbers of Kevin Zefi, an Inter talent born in 2005, speak for themselves: three league games, six goals scored."

He is in amongst the senior squad at Inter now
Looks very very promising now for the kid. You always worry he would fall away but he is kicking well clear of his underage team and can't be that long til he is on bench or getting minutes if he keeps pushing. I would love him Moran and Ferguson especially to fulfill their full potential. We don;t have many like them in profile at all.

Replies:
Posted By: ProudIrish
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I wanted to post this and saw the lad had no thread. He is in amongst the senior squad at Inter now

"With the Under 18 team he has already scored 6 goals in 3 matches (poker in the last match against Spal) and Chivu now always calls him up for the Primavera. English teams could only register him at the age of 18 and the Nerazzurri played in advance

Dominate with his peers, as happens in neighborhood teams when one boy is clearly stronger than the others. And then he moves the bar further, it couldn't be otherwise. The Under 18 numbers of Kevin Zefi, an Inter talent born in 2005, speak for themselves: three league games, six goals scored."

Looks very very promising now for the kid. You always worry he would fall away but he is kicking well clear of his underage team and can't be that long til he is on bench or getting minutes if he keeps pushing. I would love him Moran and Ferguson especially to fulfill their full potential. We don;t have many like them in profile at all.

Sounds very promising indeed. Although I must admit the translation is shocking. What’s the source ? I’m surprised Zefi doesn’t have his own thread 

-------------
Here we go again, we're on the road again

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Sounds very promising indeed. Although I must admit the translation is shocking. What’s the source ? I’m surprised Zefi doesn’t have his own thread 
Gazzeta.it. You need a subscription to read the full article so didn't bother obviously and yeah Google butchers all but the jist of it. There are a few articles floating around about him being more and more prominent there.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 3:57pm
Another hattrick after 2 goals last week. Way to good for his level. I am def concerned Inter will destroy his progression. Thry don't give youth a chance at all. He should leave if he doesn't get one soon to a ckub that will get him playing senior football.

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:03pm

Another hattrick after 2 goals last week. Way to good for his level. I am def concerned Inter will destroy his progression. Thry don't give youth a chance at all. He should leave if he doesn't get one soon to a ckub that will get him playing senior football.

Just hope he's playing in the upcoming U19 games as I'll be at a couple of them in Ferrycarrig Park.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:06pm
https://twitter.com/marifcinter/status/1635301958620704768?s=46&t=S_pTY0GRxSkl94R9x1eAFA" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/marifcinter/status/1635301958620704768?s=46&t=S_pTY0GRxSkl94R9x1eAFA  

Funny I was just about to post this. Zefi has plenty time wouldn’t panic just yet. 

The comments are quite funny loads of lads joking about “selling him to fund the salary of a 35yo” LOL 

Seems to be highly rated.

Posted By: Bukowski
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm
Here's a few twitter comments translated by google
- George Best's Irish heir, had he been born in Northern Ireland he would have been the reincarnation
-
No, it should at least be taken to train with the first one, in the end it has the same age as the coals,
but for me it is even stronger
-
Serie B next year and then first team. Before they put him in a negotiation for some pimp from Atalanta
-
It should be put on a permanent basis in the spring with training sessions and potentially even appearances
with the first team but seeing how young players are managed, none of this will happen

-------------
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."

Posted By: 84ccfc84
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 5:42pm
italian underage football isnt the best nor do i think serie b is great either tbh. if hes all hes cracked up to be he'd be better served by looking for a move to ligue 1 if there isnt  much serie a interest.

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Just hope he's playing in the upcoming U19 games as I'll be at a couple of them in Ferrycarrig Park.

Was playing first-team football with adults in Shamrock Rovers a couple of years ago. 

Now he's playing with children.  

How many of the 60-odd Academy products that Inter have ever makes a first-team appearance?  

I'm guessing maybe 1 every four years' worth. 

Not great odds for development at a club like that. 

Wasn't Ryan Nolan the pick of the bunch and captain for their academy (primavera team) not so long ago?

Posted By: SeaSharp
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Was playing first-team football with adults in Shamrock Rovers a couple of years ago. 

How many of the 60-odd Academy products that Inter have ever makes a first-team appearance?  

Wasn't Ryan Nolan the pick of the bunch and captain for their academy (primavera team) not so long ago?
He was, but wasn't his career severely impacted by injuries?

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

italian underage football isnt the best nor do i think serie b is great either tbh. if hes all hes cracked up to be he'd be better served by looking for a move to ligue 1 if there isnt  much serie a interest.
Famously Italy doesn’t produce decent footballers.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:21pm

Hattrick scored AKA legs are gone.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Inter have a bad reputation for getting players through their academy. 
There is a pretty decent spread on what clubs there internatiinals come through. So not as simple as conflating Inter with Italy.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:08pm
look and compare the results of italian clubs in UYL over the past 6/7 years. italian underage is poor , most of the players are moved to b teams pretty early in their development. zefi looks like a great talent but he has to be wary of inters pathway. hopefully a way out of the 19s is drawn up for him if this form keeps up.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:17pm
Id be fairly sure that Inter or any other Italian club are not ignoring talents in their underage set ups? Im sure if they are good enough they break through. Or are loaned out and play at different levels wherever that might be.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: PaddyMaddenIsCounty!
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

He failed get a look in at Serie C level before being free agent for a bit til surprising move to Getafe. It was there he picked up injury day before his supposed debut. He flopped badly before that. Can’t blame injury for his demise

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id be fairly sure that Inter or any other Italian club are not ignoring talents in their underage set ups? Im sure if they are good enough they break through. Or are loaned out and play at different levels wherever that might be.
They have talents. Plenty.. none get a chance for quite a few years. Lots of them leave at around Zefis age or younger. That is why you have fans like the posts above movking the club and ownership. Presuming top clubs are bastions of youth production is  a mistake. Zefi far better off moving to a Brighton than a top club academy.

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:29pm

They're quite well known for academy/youth players not making into thier senior team or how difficult of a path it has been. Their own fans also criticise the club for this.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

He failed get a look in at Serie C level before being free agent for a bit til surprising move to Getafe. It was there he picked up injury day before his supposed debut. He flopped badly before that. Can’t blame injury for his demise

He's scored at Ibrox now so it's back on the upCool

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:05am

You'd be wrong. Inter's youth development record is absolutely terrible.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:38am
Some amount of experts on Italian youth football. Amazing.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:49am
The appeal of Inter is the top class coaching. If he is good enough he'll get either cameos or a decent loan to showcase his talents.  Which if he impresses then the more mid level clubs will take interest. The lad is what still 18? It's no rush for him to be playing high level senior football right now let him develop. Young players develop in different ways the same route doesn't work for all. 

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:01am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some amount of experts on Italian youth football. Amazing.

You don't need to be. Inter's youth development issues are well known and have been raised on numerous occasions since a couple of ex-Ireland internationals who now work as football agents started encouraging young Irish players to go to Italy.

Willy Gnonto got out of Inter (and Italy) at 18 for the sake of his career development. So it's not too soon for the likes of Zefi to be considering his options if he wants to kick on.

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:46am
Its obvious he is too good for the level he is playing at the moment & another season of the same would stagnate his development. Should be looking at a loan next season imo..not sure where Inter send their good prospects for a season though.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 5:08pm
His contract is up in 14 months. I would expect they will have to make him an offer soon with an upgraded squad position... promotion to mens football. I would leave otherwise/anyway.

Serie B is not a quality league. He would be best going to a place like Brugge or a good dutch team if it is a loan.

I would personally try and get the hell out of there though Gnonto style.

There is supposedly an attitude problem too so who knows. Ridiculous talent either way and potential to be out best player and plays in positions we are so light in.

Reports now are Newcastle are interested... Bad move too imo. Brighton are the perfect team for all our players LOL

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 10:48am
Zefi linked to a move to Newcastle! Going from Inter a team who many feel don’t give young players chances to a team who in my eyes are less likely to give young players chances! 

Would be some going that. Zefi is very talented some will back him to breakthrough at Newcastle.

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:18am
As talented as he is I don't see him making a breakthrough at Inter. Whether he will or not at Newcastle I'm not sure but at least it will be a bit easier to gauge his progress. 

Posted By: Banana_RepublicFC
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:33am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Zefi linked to a move to Newcastle! Going from Inter a team who many feel don’t give young players chances to a team who in my eyes are less likely to give young players chances! 

Would be some going that. Zefi is very talented some will back him to breakthrough at Newcastle.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Newcastle don't give young players a chance.

The Longstaff brothers got plenty of opportunities. Sean became a key player last season under Howe.

They've targeted U23 talents recently. Botman, Isak, Kuol, Gordon, Ashby, Minteh and Tonali.

Zefi would probably go out on loan like Kuol and Minteh (both are also 18). If they can find a good League One club to loan him to, it could be good for his development.

Interestingly, Lewis Miley made his debut in May and became Newcastle's youngster ever PL player at 17 years & 28 days old.

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:36am
Not sure going to Inter was best idea, and heading to a club awash with money and spending hundreds on millions on recruitment doesnt seem the wisest either.  Stephen Carrs old club though all the same.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:17pm
I suppose the question is whether he was better off going to Inter or staying in Ireland? Possibly there might have been a better third option in Germany or France or somewhere, I've never liked the idea of these lads going to the top end Italian clubs who have a poor youth development record.

At least at Newcastle he could hopefully get a loan and we'll see where he's at.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:22pm
He can still play for Albania as his folks are from there also . 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I suppose the question is whether he was better off going to Inter or staying in Ireland? Possibly there might have been a better third option in Germany or France or somewhere, I've never liked the idea of these lads going to the top end Italian clubs who have a poor youth development record.

At least at Newcastle he could hopefully get a loan and we'll see where he's at.

I don't think that fair to say anymore. If you're an exceptional young talent, they'll give you the opportunity.

Roma and Atalanta have produced and given opportunities to lots of young players in recent years.

Atalanta: Scalvini, Bastoni, Kessié, Kulusevski, etc.
Roma: Pellegrini, Zalewski, Bove, Volpato

The likes of Milan, Inter and others often sell players at 18-20 with buy-back options. So they then get good game time and experience at Serie A level before being bought back or moving on to another big club.

Locatelli got decent game time at Milan aged 18-20, then moved on to Sassuolo where he really established himself, and then Juve bought him at 23.

Frattesi started out at Lazio and Roma's Academies, moved to Sassuolo in 2017, and then went on a few Serie B loans before finally establishing himself at Sassuolo 2 years ago. He's now 23 and being linked with a move to the top Serie A teams this summer.

Inter do tend to make a balls of talent more than most though. 

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 1:16pm
Carr did say only for Brexit they would have went to England and now the first transfer window he legally can sign with English clubs he's rumoured to be leaving Inter.

Likely that Italy was a stop gap option till he could move to England rather than stay in Ireland for the last two years.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Carr did say only for Brexit they would have went to England and now the first transfer window he legally can sign with English clubs he's rumoured to be leaving Inter.

Likely that Italy was a stop gap option till he could move to England rather than stay in Ireland for the last two years.

Not a bad idea. 2 years of professional coaching with top facilities while experiencing a new culture.

It should make the move easier, as he'll now be an adult with some life experience away from Dublin.

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Both of them or just one ?

-------------
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:50pm
Is Stephen Carr his agent?

Zefi needs a loan this year to see what he's made of

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Both of them or just one ?

This is from google
Kevin Zefi was born on February 11, 2005 in Dublin, Ireland to Kastro Zefi and Vera Zefi. They moved from Albania to Ireland before his  birth.

I don't know how reliable the site is, might be some sort of AI generated site going by this wording
He has a great pace which has made him brought match winning performances for Ireland.

-------------

Posted By: SeanC
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:03am
there seems to be a deluded notion that young Irish players going to the continent is better than them going to UK or staying at home. I’m yet to see any young Irish player get any sort of regular game time on the continent. Zefi falls into that category. 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:32am
Marko from Tropoje is trying to take Kevin to Albania but Liam Neeson has vowed to take Kevin back from the Albanians to The EIRE

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:11am
Josh Cullen was not too young, probably about 24, but his career got some trajectory when he moved to Belgium.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:47am
Am I just being overly negative, or is the correct way to read this that he is being let go by Inter?

Also, given the choice of:

(i) playing first-team adult football for Rovers 
versus 
(ii) Academy football with and against players the majority of whom will never make a senior professional appearance at Serie A or B, I think Rovers was the better option. 

Only a tiny proportion, like less than 1%, of Inter Academy / Primavera players go on to play in Serie A, never mind for Inter proper.  

I remember looking at the numbers when Ryan Nolan was there (Bastoni one of the last if not the last to do it), which were similar in terms of breakthroughs to Bayern where Johansson was. Sound like great clubs because of the big name, but terrible record in bringing players through. 

At least at Newcastle he'll have a shot at PL2/U23 hopefully.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Josh Cullen was not too young, probably about 24, but his career got some trajectory when he moved to Belgium.

Cullen had nearly one hundred english league appearances, L1 and Championship, befor he went over.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 8:47am

Am I just being overly negative, or is the correct way to read this that he is being let go by Inter?

That would be the suspicion all right, getting out ahead of the bad news.  It was a real hail mary sending him to Inter, but maybe looked good for someone else.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:38am

versus 
(ii) Academy football with and against players the majority of whom will never make a senior professional appearance at Serie A or B, I think Rovers was the better option. 

Only a tiny proportion, like less than 1%, of Inter Academy / Primavera players go on to play in Serie A, never mind for Inter proper.  

I remember looking at the numbers when Ryan Nolan was there (Bastoni one of the last if not the last to do it), which were similar in terms of breakthroughs to Bayern where Johansson was. Sound like great clubs because of the big name, but terrible record in bringing players through. 

You are as unlikely to make it at Newcastle as you are at Inter Milan. Whatever one’s thoughts on Inters development of young players to try and paint Newcastle as any different or superior is bizarre. 

It was as sh*t even when they are a bottom 6 PL team don’t mind now. At least Inter are a top team in the CL regularly over the last 10 years.

I agree on him probably being better off staying at Rovers he would have likely got regular first team football. He could take a leaf out of Will Gnontos book. Similar type of player too. 

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:43am

versus 

Ferizaj isn't getting many minutes at Rovers, so who's to say that Zefi would had he stayed.

That 1% can't be true. 

Academy/Primavera graduates since 2010:

Cristiano Biraghi (30) - Fiorentina
Mame Thiam (30) - Kayserispor
Alfred Duncan (30) - Fiorentina
George Pușcaș (27) - Genoa
Ionuț Radu (26) - Inter Milan
Andreaw Gravillon (25) - Reims 
Federico Dimarco (25) - Inter Milan
Michele Di Gregorio (25) - Monza
Andrea Pinamonti (24) - Sassuolo
Nicolò Zaniolo (24) - Galatasaray
Zinho Vanheusden (23) -Inter Milan
Salvatore Esposito (22) - Spezia
Martín Satriano (22) - Inter Milan
Eddie Salcedo (21) - Inter Milan
Sebastiano Esposito (21) - Inter Milan
Lorenzo Priola (21) - Salernitana
Cesare Casadei (20) - Chelsea
Franco Carboni  (20) - Inter Milan
Wilfred Gnonto (19) - Leeds United
Valentín Carboni (18) - Inter Milan

Bastoni was bought from Atalanta after a loan at Parma where he impressed.

The reality of football at the very top is that it's difficult to churn out world class player regularly. United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. They all produce a lot of footballers for the overall football pyramid in their countries. The Football League is full of former United and Chelsea graduates. A Paul Scholes, John Terry, Lionel Messi or Raúl are not normal players. They come along every 20-30 years. If even.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:44am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

there seems to be a deluded notion that young Irish players going to the continent is better than them going to UK or staying at home. I’m yet to see any young Irish player get any sort of regular game time on the continent. Zefi falls into that category. 

Jake O’Brien at Molenbeek had a great loan spell last year. Garcia McNulty had a great loan spell at NAC Breda. Both lads enhanced their reputations massively. Ebosele gradually got gametime in a Serie A team. Abankwah made his Serie A debut. 

This is from literally a handful of players how many 8/9?? That’s before I get to your “deluded notion” comment. It’s 2023 not 1993. So many Irish fans/media outlets seem to talk about football as if it’s the latter and not the former. 

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:04am

versus 

You are as unlikely to make it at Newcastle as you are at Inter Milan. Whatever one’s thoughts on Inters development of young players to try and paint Newcastle as any different or superior is bizarre. 

It was as sh*t even when they are a bottom 6 PL team don’t mind now. At least Inter are a top team in the CL regularly over the last 10 years.

I agree on him probably being better off staying at Rovers he would have likely got regular first team football. He could take a leaf out of Will Gnontos book. Similar type of player too.

Newcastle should be ashamed that they're located within a hotbed for professional footballers, yet very few of them came through at Newcastle.

Sir Bobby Charlton
Jack Charlton
Ray Kennedy
Bryan Robson
Peter Beardsley
Steve Bruce
Alan Shearer
Michael Carrick

All of them slipped through the net and came through at other clubs.

Chris Waddle never played for their youth team, but was picked up at 19. Gazza is the rare exception who actually came through the ranks.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:13am

100%. the youth football in italy is pretty poor level anyway. i think it was a give away when the lad wasnt being pushed into the 19s from the 18s this year that we wasnt going great. PL is still untouchable for developing players when comparing the 2 countries. different story if a lad is fastracked through age groups to get into b team/senior team. 

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:44am
We should be trying to get more young lads into the Greek and Turkish Leagues, that's my main take away from the past few weeks.

They are the elite leagues of European football.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:52am
So many wild statements being thrown around regarding the best country for development. There are far too many situations depending on this, with the biggest being the actual club and ability of the player.

Different clubs in different leagues have a completely different approach and record to development and pathway to senior football for young players.

Just throwing out random countries is pointless. 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:15pm

Realistically Newcastle are likely to take on a similar transfer trajectory to Man City where they will take multiple approaches. They will compete for World Class talent who will improve their starting XI and also separately for top rated youngsters who they will seek to loan out and make a profit on ultimately. Zefi has about a 200/1 chance of breaking into the first team and become a regular at Newcastle should he land there. But he could much more likely become a top pro elsewhere through a similar process to Bazunu, he could be farmed out to L1 or a similar level initially and then take it from there 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:27pm

100%. the youth football in italy is pretty poor level anyway. i think it was a give away when the lad wasnt being pushed into the 19s from the 18s this year that we wasnt going great. PL is still untouchable for developing players when comparing the 2 countries. different story if a lad is fastracked through age groups to get into b team/senior team. 

Quickly crunched numbers on total U21 players to make 5 appearances or more in both Leagues even managed to filter it by position through Transfermarkt.

Premier League       

Goalkeeper 1 
Defenders 10 
Midfielders 15 
Attackers 15 

Serie A 
Defenders 12 
Midfielders 23 
Attackers 15 

Zero evidence to me that the “Premier League is untouchable” at developing players compared to others. It’s just fiction.If you want to use other metrics that’s fine feel free.  

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

So many wild statements being thrown around regarding the best country for development. There are far too many situations depending on this, with the biggest being the actual club and ability of the player.

Different clubs in different leagues have a completely different approach and record to development and pathway to senior football for young players.

I think going to Inter Milan or AC Milan is no different than going to a big 6 club or a Newcastle. Incredibly hard to breakthrough. 

One thing I will say the recent trend of certain English clubs breaking the mould in a money infested League by once again using intensive scouting,data analytics etc to source mainly young talent has been a monumental benefit to us as a nation. Obviously each club uses different methods but the same benefit.

Brighton,Burnley,,Norwich and Southampton are 4 I can think of that have been very good to young Irish players and their development. Not to mention plenty EFL clubs too. 

Palace are another “Prem” club that seem to be handling a few young Irish lads developments to a tee.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:52pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I think going to Inter Milan or AC Milan is no different than going to a big 6 club or a Newcastle. Incredibly hard to breakthrough. 

One thing I will say the recent trend of certain English clubs breaking the mould in a money infested League by once again using intensive scouting,data analytics etc to source mainly young talent has been a monumental benefit to us as a nation. Obviously each club uses different methods but the same benefit.

Brighton,Burnley,,Norwich and Southampton are 4 I can think of that have been very good to young Irish players and their development. Not to mention plenty EFL clubs too. 

Palace are another “Prem” club that seem to be handling a few young Irish lads developments to a tee.
Agreed, although too early yet to see any real benefit yet with regards to our current crop bar maybe Ferguson.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 2:03pm
Don't know how anyone could say he was better to stay at Rovers than go to Inter!
You might not get that chance again.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 2:22pm
Zefi needs to work on his end product. Would do well to get game time at Rovers had he stayed there. 

Posted By: Pinginí
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 2:40pm
As a Newcastle fan, I think this is a good move for Zefi. The facilities and coaching is improving every year and he'll be in a strong position to get gametime in PL2. Ashley's chronic mismanagement has meant there's a dearth of talent in the underage ranks. Eddie Howe hasn't been afraid to give youth a chance either.

Even with the track record of bringing through youth being spotty, there was still Sean Longstaff, as well as Elliot Anderson and Lewis Miley (who's a year younger than Zefi) breaking through. Anderson went from a League 2 loan spell to 22 Premier League appearances last season at the age of 19/20.

There's every chance Zefi could break through if he's good enough. It's not like he's going to Celtic where Irish youth careers go to die.

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 7:05pm
I'd be worried about Zefi coming back and having to get through a loan spell at a L1 type club to prove himself. Seems seriously talented technically but will insane dribbling skills work at that level? I reckon his only chance if he gets the move to Newcastle would be to somehow impress Eddie Howe into giving him a 1st team debut and let him loose. He's been talked about potentially being a top talent for us so this next year or two will tell a lot. We had high hopes for Troy Parrott and two or three sub standard loan spells at lower league clubs have left us with lots of questions about him.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 7:21pm
If Newcastle end up signing him they'll likely be loaning him straight back out again. It's what they did with their two recent 18 year old signings.

Was interesting though with Minteh they supposedly were in talks with Feyenoord before they signed him about the possibility of taking him on loan.

So they're putting good effort into finding loans which will suit players so doubt they'll ship Zefi off to a random League One team.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

versus 

Ferizaj isn't getting many minutes at Rovers, so who's to say that Zefi would had he stayed.

That 1% can't be true. 

The reality of football at the very top is that it's difficult to churn out world class player regularly. United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. They all produce a lot of footballers for the overall football pyramid in their countries. The Football League is full of former United and Chelsea graduates. A Paul Scholes, John Terry, Lionel Messi or Raúl are not normal players. They come along every 20-30 years. If even.

I said 1% as a general estimate off the top of my head, but on the basis of the names you mention, it is relatively accurate.

Assuming the names you mentioned above are all Inter Primavera graduates, the figure is closer to 2.9% for Serie A appearances.

For players who graduate to appear in the senior inter team, it is 1%  

Either way, vanishingly slim prospects of a break-through when coming through these silo-type clubs.

Incidentally, TransferMarkt says Zefi made only 6 appearances in the Primavera team this season gone.  

He would have been far better off playing men's football in Europe and the LOI for Rovers, where we've seen other young lads get opportunities, particularly at the end of games, similar to Melia and Curtis at other clubs. 

As regards Newcastle, at least they have the PL2/u23s which has proven to be an excellent stepping stone for Irish players in the past, including most of the new players brought in by Kenny. 

Or maybe the lad's not good enough, though given his rapid elevation through the Ireland youth set-up, which is a good standard internationally, you'd have to conclude there must be real talent there. 

[[Calculations below:

In any given year, the Primavera squad has 53 players, see:  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inter-mailand-u19/kader/verein/5380 " rel="nofollow - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inter-mailand-u19/kader/verein/5380  ;

Over 13 years, you've identified 20 players to have a career in Serie A.

20/(53 x13) x 100 = 2.9%

Over 13 years, you've identified 8 players to have a career at Inter.

8/(53 x13) x 100 = 1.2%]]

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 9:09pm
I don't think Zefi would have seen that much gametime for Rovers if he had of stayed, maybe a similar level to Ferizaj but Rovers don't even play with wingers. Who knows at the end of the day. There is no 'right way' that we know of in player development yet, our players have come through different routes and gone different paths. One thing that seems fairly straightforward however is the need for gametime before a player hits their 20s. Our lads who have stayed playing academy football until 21 or 22 have not fared well. 

Posted By: SeanC
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:42pm

Jake O’Brien at Molenbeek had a great loan spell last year. Garcia McNulty had a great loan spell at NAC Breda. Both lads enhanced their reputations massively. Ebosele gradually got gametime in a Serie A team. Abankwah made his Serie A debut. 

This is from literally a handful of players how many 8/9?? That’s before I get to your “deluded notion” comment. It’s 2023 not 1993. So many Irish fans/media outlets seem to talk about football as if it’s the latter and not the former. 

Let’s see where Abankwah ends up, one Snr start. Festy was seasoned starter with Derby and was a bit part in Italy last year. We all followed him and saw that. I’m happy to stick with it being delusional. How many will get regular game time at continental clubs and play for Irish senior team will be ultimate test. I think Festy was actually in an extended squad before going to Italy but is back in under 21s since🙈

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:24pm

Let’s see where Abankwah ends up, one Snr start. Festy was seasoned starter with Derby and was a bit part in Italy last year. We all followed him and saw that. I’m happy to stick with it being delusional. How many will get regular game time at continental clubs and play for Irish senior team will be ultimate test. I think Festy was actually in an extended squad before going to Italy but is back in under 21s since🙈

How many 2004 born Irish players started for a top flight team last year? Evan Ferguson the only other one. He was on the bench every game/ has an established squad number etc. How many other players. Hes only left St Pats a year and has made some big steps.

Yes he went from a regular starter at a relegated Championship club/to be League 1 club to a Serie A club. Massive step up (I suppose you will tell me the Championship is superior next) and has been gradually introduced. Kenny basically confirmed he was due to be in the senior squad for the June games but got injured. 

Zef/Heffernan are 17yo kids. As if 17yo kids are playing senior football for Champions League PL/Serie A clubs. 

It’s 2023 football has gone global every country in Europe has players that operate and go all over Europe for top level football the Top 8 Leagues in Europe factually gives more youngsters chances than PL clubs. 

But the ignorant Englander Irish fan tells me it’s a deluded notion. Pull the other one.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:27am

versus 

That 1% can't be true. 

I said 1% as a general estimate off the top of my head, but on the basis of the names you mention, it is relatively accurate.

Assuming the names you mentioned above are all Inter Primavera graduates, the figure is closer to 2.9% for Serie A appearances.

Either way, vanishingly slim prospects of a break-through when coming through these silo-type clubs.

Incidentally, TransferMarkt says Zefi made only 6 appearances in the Primavera team this season gone.  

He would have been far better off playing men's football in Europe and the LOI for Rovers, where we've seen other young lads get opportunities, particularly at the end of games, similar to Melia and Curtis at other clubs. 

As regards Newcastle, at least they have the PL2/u23s which has proven to be an excellent stepping stone for Irish players in the past, including most of the new players brought in by Kenny. 

Or maybe the lad's not good enough, though given his rapid elevation through the Ireland youth set-up, which is a good standard internationally, you'd have to conclude there must be real talent there. 

[[Calculations below:

In any given year, the Primavera squad has 53 players, see:  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inter-mailand-u19/kader/verein/5380 " rel="nofollow - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inter-mailand-u19/kader/verein/5380  ;

20/(53 x13) x 100 = 2.9%

Of the 23 players I have listed, the vast majority have become full internationals for their respective countries and are still playing football at a high level. That's all we want from Zefi. He doesn't have to make it at Inter. 

That's actually a very good return from Inter. To produce that many senior internationals.

Cristiano Biraghi - 13 Italy caps
Mame Thiam - 4 Senegal caps
Alfred Duncan - 10 Ghana caps
George Pușcaș - 36 Romania caps
Ionuț Radu - 4 Romanaia caps
Andreaw Gravillon - 11 Guadeloupe caps
Federico Dimarco - 10 Italy caps
Michele Di Gregorio - 0 caps
Andrea Pinamonti - 1 Italy cap
Nicolò Zaniolo - 13 Italy caps
Zinho Vanheusden - 1 Belgium cap
Salvatore Esposito - 1 Italy cap
Martín Satriano - 1 Uruguay cap
Eddie Salcedo - Italy U21 internatonal
Sebastiano Esposito - 0 caps
Lorenzo Priola - Italy U21 international
Cesare Casadei - Golden Ball at recent U20 World Cup
Franco Carboni - Argentina U20 international
Wilfred Gnonto - 11 Italy Caps
Valentín Carboni - Argentina U20 international

If you back a little further, Inter produces other players such as Mattia Destro, Davide Santon and Mario Balotelli. All senior Italy Internationals.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:28am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

I don't think Zefi would have seen that much gametime for Rovers if he had of stayed, maybe a similar level to Ferizaj but Rovers don't even play with wingers. Who knows at the end of the day. There is no 'right way' that we know of in player development yet, our players have come through different routes and gone different paths. One thing that seems fairly straightforward however is the need for gametime before a player hits their 20s. Our lads who have stayed playing academy football until 21 or 22 have not fared well. 

Agreed re gametime @ Rovers. Having watched him first hand at the last U19 tournament, it's clear he still has an awful lot of development work to do, both physical and mental if he is to have any kind of senior career. 

I dont think he would be getting game time at senior level anywhere right now, he's not sturdy enough yet for senior football and he'd be mashed trying out some of his trickery at senior level. He needs to learn to move the ball on quickly. He clearly is a very skilful player with a fair bit of pace, but his decision making is/was dreadful. He is not playing in a schoolyard any more. Newcastle would be fine, but if he goes there (or anywhere), people shouldnt expect to see or hear of him again for a year or two. There is plenty to work on.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 10:04am
Is this not the wunderkid who was scoring in nearly every game for their youth teams?   

Has he disappeared into Kevin Zephyr?

-------------

Posted By: TheNumber6
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 10:20am
The problem with Italy is the Primavera (their youth league) is all over the place. There’s a litany of examples where players have gone to the traditional Italian powerhouses and fallen completely away from the game after it. It’s much better to go to a Udinese or the sorts where there’s an actionable road to the first team. 

I’d be as confident as anything that Heffernan won’t ever play first team at Milan but as long as there’s an awareness in his camp that once you get close to surpassing u19 level , there really isn’t anything there for you!

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 10:23am
You could say the same about England though. Much more of a chance breaking through at a mid-to-low PL team than going to one of the top 6/7 and expecting a pathway there.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: TheNumber6
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You could say the same about England though. Much more of a chance breaking through at a mid-to-low PL team than going to one of the top 6/7 and expecting a pathway there.

True - but there’s not even an u23 league in Italy! 

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 10:33am
It does feel like some of the bigger English teams are now developing pathways for players outside of their own first teams at least though. Like Bazunu at City - was never going to play for their first team but they developed him well through their Under 23s and then with two suitable loans which benefitted both the player (loads of first team football) and the club (huge profit on the subsequent player sale).

I don't know that AC or Inter Milan have that level of structure built in to their youth setup at this point.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

The problem with Italy is the Primavera (their youth league) is all over the place. There’s a litany of examples where players have gone to the traditional Italian powerhouses and fallen completely away from the game after it. It’s much better to go to a Udinese or the sorts where there’s an actionable road to the first team. 

I’d be as confident as anything that Heffernan won’t ever play first team at Milan but as long as there’s an awareness in his camp that once you get close to surpassing u19 level , there really isn’t anything there for you!

That's the nature of professional football. There are about 5,000 professional footballers in England. You have to be elite to make it as a pro, never mind for one of the biggest clubs. It's difficult.

Take the 2011 United FAYC winning team.

Starting XI:

GK - Sam Johnston - Currently plays for Crystal Palace (Premier League)
LB - Sean McGinty - Currently plays for Ayr United (Scottish Championship)
CB - Michele Fornasier - Currently plays for Monopoli (Serie C)
CB - Tom Thorpe - Came out of a 5 year retirement in February to sign for Macclesfield (NPL Division One West)
RB - Michael Keane - Currently plays for Everton (Premier League)
CM - Ryan Tunnicliffe - Currently plays for Portsmouth (League One)
CM - Paul Pogba - Currently plays for Juventus (Serie A)
LW - Van Velzen - Currently plays for Peyia 2014 (Cypriot Second Division)
AM - Ravel Morrison - Currently plays for D.C. United (MLS)
RW - Jesse Lingard - Currently a free agent
ST - Will Keane - Currently plays for Wigan (League One)

Subs:

RW - Larnell Cole- Currently plays for Warrington Town (NPL Premier Division)
LB - Tyler Blackett - Currently plays for Rotherham (Championship)
ST - John Cofie - Retired at the age of 27 in 2020

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 11:14am

Lecce U19 (who Ed Mc Jannet played for) actually won the Primavera this year. I dont think the traditional "big" clubs in Italy did particularly well - Juve were 5th, Inter 7th, AC 12th and Napoli 16th in an 18 team League. Udinese were 17th. I dont think Zefi featured regularly for Inter either.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 12:50pm

[ - John Cofie

"Just like the drink, only not spelt the same."

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 2:55pm

[[Calculations below:

20/(53 x13) x 100 = 2.9%

[/QUOTE]

Of the 23 players I have listed, the vast majority have become full internationals for their respective countries and are still playing football at a high level. That's all we want from Zefi. He doesn't have to make it at Inter. 

That's actually a very good return from Inter. To produce that many senior internationals.

If you back a little further, Inter produces other players such as Mattia Destro, Davide Santon and Mario Balotelli. All senior Italy Internationals.

[/QUOTE]

"Actually a very good return"?  

If someone said to you you had a 3% chance of success of something, you would regard that as a good chance?  

I think we have higher hopes for the likes of Zefi than that. 

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 3:02pm

That's the nature of professional football. There are about 5,000 professional footballers in England. You have to be elite to make it as a pro, never mind for one of the biggest clubs. It's difficult.

Starting XI:

CB - Tom Thorpe - Came out of a 5 year retirement in February to sign for Macclesfield (NPL Division One West)

Subs:

This is interesting.  I'd say in a hypothetical world, 8 of those players from Man U's youth team would have been capped for Ireland at senior level already if eligible (saying the standard is roughly Championship).

That's the kind of return you want and something United had under Ferguson, albeit in a different era.   

A large proportion of Irish lads who came through the Man U academy in the noughties became senior players for us: Marc Wilson, Paul McShane, Robbie Brady, Darron Gibson, later Will Keane.

Whereas in the likes of Inter (or Bayern or AC Milan), the progression to a career from their youth teams is - as I pointed out by reference to the figures above - vanishingly slim. 

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 3:04pm

Do we? To me he looks lightweight, technically proficient, but lacking in end product. His lack of progress through the youth system at Inter would be a concern also - I don't mean in terms of their first team or anything, but he wasn't exactly skipping through the underage age groups during his time there. Also one or two suggestions that his attitude might not be as good as you would want, but that bit is hearsay to be fair to him.

I wouldn't rate him particularly higher than some of our other teenage prospects at this point to be honest (thinking Abankwah, Vata, Curtis, Melia here - and obviously Ferguson).

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 3:10pm

[[Calculations below:

20/(53 x13) x 100 = 2.9%

[/QUOTE]

"Actually a very good return"?  

If someone said to you you had a 3% chance of success of something, you would regard that as a good chance?  

[/QUOTE]

You're a bit delusional as to how professional works, bud.

If Zefi makes it in any top 5 European league, we should be more than happy. Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Damien Duff and Robbie Keane played 49 Champions League games between them. Making it at a CL club is tough. If Zefi is a PL regular at Bournemouth in a few years, I'll take it.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 3:37pm

Starting XI:

Subs:

This is interesting.  I'd say in a hypothetical world, 8 of those players from Man U's youth team would have been capped for Ireland at senior level already if eligible (saying the standard is roughly Championship).

That's the kind of return you want and something United had under Ferguson, albeit in a different era.   

A large proportion of Irish lads who came through the Man U academy in the noughties became senior players for us: Marc Wilson, Paul McShane, Robbie Brady, Darron Gibson, later Will Keane.

Whereas in the likes of Inter (or Bayern or AC Milan), the progression to a career from their youth teams is - as I pointed out by reference to the figures above - vanishingly slim. 

That's one of United's best group of youth players since the 90's. It's not the norm. They'd be lucky to churn out one player worthy of first team football every season. But, like Chelsea, they usually make it somewhere within the football pyramid. Ferguson would tell the parents that. Basically, your son will have a career in the game.

United have produced, at most, a dozen first team players post "The Class of '92" generation.

Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, Jonny Evans, Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Scott McTominay, Mason Greenwood, Alejandro Garnacho.

Not exactly Charlton, Best, Hughes, Giggs or Scholes.

You are complaining about Inter when they've produced multiple Italy internationals over the past few years.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 4:03pm

Do we? To me he looks lightweight, technically proficient, but lacking in end product. His lack of progress through the youth system at Inter would be a concern also - I don't mean in terms of their first team or anything, but he wasn't exactly skipping through the underage age groups during his time there. Also one or two suggestions that his attitude might not be as good as you would want, but that bit is hearsay to be fair to him.

I wouldn't rate him particularly higher than some of our other teenage prospects at this point to be honest (thinking Abankwah, Vata, Curtis, Melia here - and obviously Ferguson).

Having seen them perform at first hand, I'd say he is a long long way behind the likes of Abankwah, Curtis and Vata. He obviously is well thought of in the Irish underage set up, likely due to his mad skillz which is understandable, but as he gets older, he will need to develop the physical and mental side of his game if he is to have any kind of career. His last season at Inter where he made only a handful of appearances at U19 level does not bode particularly well, but he is still very young and quite slight physically so he has time. He clearly has a lot of technical ability, so hopefully he can find the right environment to develop the other aspects of his game. 

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 4:09pm

You're a bit delusional as to how professional works, bud.

If Zefi makes it in any top 5 European league, we should be more than happy. Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Damien Duff and Robbie Keane played 49 Champions League games between them. Making it at a CL club is tough. If Zefi is a PL regular at Bournemouth in a few years, I'll take it.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely and I'd say there's only a very slim chance of that even. One positive re Newcastle would be that while he is unlikely to make it there, one would assume that they are investing heavily (like Citeh have done) on the coaching/development side of things, so he would be in a very good environment to progress physically and tactically.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:42am
Hellas Verona now the latest club in for Zefi according to John Fallon in the Examiner this morning. A side who just narrowly avoided relegation last year. Maybe a quicker route to first team football. 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:16am

Hellas Verona now the latest club in for Zefi according to John Fallon in the Examiner this morning. A side who just narrowly avoided relegation last year. Maybe a quicker route to first team football. 

He has a much better chance of breaking through at Verona than he has at Newcastle or Inter put it that way.

Interesting to see what sort of contract he signs. Doig the Scottish full back is at Verona too. 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:22am
What happened this lad?  Last I heard he was massively impressing over there and now he's being let go???

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:37am

He has a much better chance of breaking through at Verona than he has at Newcastle or Inter put it that way.

Interesting to see what sort of contract he signs. Doig the Scottish full back is at Verona too. 

Lots of Scottish players have gone to Italy recently, and done well.

Aaron Hickey was at Bologna for 2 seasons.

Liam Henderson has been at a few clubs since leaving Celtic in 2017.

Lewis Ferguson was one of Bologna's best players last season. 7 Serie A goals.

Doig played in 22 Serie A games last season. It could have been more if not for injuries.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What happened this lad?  Last I heard he was massively impressing over there and now he's being let go???

Was he actually massively impressing or was it just that an Irish football twitter fan page said he was massively impressing?

Was it the Kenny's kids fella that said he was looking forward to watching Kevin Zefi v Cathal Heffernan in a Milan derby in a couple of years time? 🙄

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:11am

Was he actually massively impressing or was it just that an Irish football twitter fan page said he was massively impressing?

Was it the Kenny's kids fella that said he was looking forward to watching Kevin Zefi v Cathal Heffernan in a Milan derby in a couple of years time? 🙄

Yes you really shouldnt pay attention to the various Ireland hype accounts that are around at moment.  pretty clear they are being fed highlights reels from VEO footage by players agents.  Not exactly giving an acurate account of how the player is getting on.  Bottom line is looks like Zefi is being let go by Inter, which is no big suprise.  Hopefully he does get set up with a more realistic chance of progressing at his next club.  

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:13am
He seemed to have decent enough stats for Inter youth teams so not necessarily a failure but it's highly unlikely to make the Inter main team so better for him to seek that opportunity elsewhere to play senior football.

Posted By: patriotic_spunk
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:44am
https://www.fcinter1908.it/primo-piano/fcin1908-iliev-zefi/
According to this article it would be a loan to Verona for Zefi

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

He seemed to have decent enough stats for Inter youth teams so not necessarily a failure but it's highly unlikely to make the Inter main team so better for him to seek that opportunity elsewhere to play senior football.

Wilfred Ngonto is a decent example wasn’t ever going to get a look in at Inter so didn’t piss about kicked onto FC Basel. He hasn’t looked back since will be moving from Leeds for a big fee this summer. 

It’s the right step for him going to a club like Verona although they will see him as a long term project like Abankwah at Udinese. He won’t be thrown straight in. That’s why his contract length will be half interesting. 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:16pm

Wilfred Ngonto is a decent example wasn’t ever going to get a look in at Inter so didn’t piss about kicked onto FC Basel. He hasn’t looked back since will be moving from Leeds for a big fee this summer. 

It’s the right step for him going to a club like Verona although they will see him as a long term project like Abankwah at Udinese. He won’t be thrown straight in. That’s why his contract length will be half interesting.

Inter have two other players who play the same positions as him in Iliev (just turned 19) and Carboni (18).

Carboni has gone on loan to Monza and is rated highly. He could play 30 Serie A games this season if things well for him.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:49pm

Inter have two other players who play the same positions as him in Iliev (just turned 19) and Carboni (18).

Carboni has gone on loan to Monza and is rated highly. He could play 30 Serie A games this season if things well for him.

Isn’t Iliev the Bulgarian lad who’s agent was kicking off last year cause he wasn’t getting a look in for the first team? LOL 

Don’t know much about Carboni but I see he’s already made 5 first team appearances for Inter. As you say I suspect he will see gametime for Monday. 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 2:41pm

Isn’t Iliev the Bulgarian lad who’s agent was kicking off last year cause he wasn’t getting a look in for the first team? LOL 

Don’t know much about Carboni but I see he’s already made 5 first team appearances for Inter. As you say I suspect he will see gametime for Monday. 

Yeah. Talented lad. He has 8 senior caps for Bulgaria.

11 goals and 12 assist for Inter Primavera last season.

With Džeko leaving and Inter failing to sign Lukaku, there might be some opportunities for attacking midfielders/second strikers this season. Their current options are Lautaro Martínez, Marcus Thuram and Joaquín Correa.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 3:01pm
Lads complain about him joining Inter rather than a smaller team, and also complain when he leaves Inter for a smaller team LOL

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:29am
If this move works out, it's a good thing. Zefi was a long way off getting game time at the senior team at Inter (if it ever happened!)... so going to a smaller club would be a great move!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 2:48pm

Rumors Heffernan could be joining him at Verona but can't see any credible source.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 2:52pm
It was in the Examiner today about Heffernan.

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 3:51pm
All of these stories are being written by John Fallon who pulls them all from his arsehole.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

All of these stories are being written by John Fallon who pulls them all from his arsehole.

https://twitter.com/reptracker/status/1686389183513059328?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/reptracker/status/1686389183513059328?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ

Right on cue. LOLLOL

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 4:19pm

It was in the Examiner today about Heffernan.
Hence my creditable source remark.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net