You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Terry to leave Chelsea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:54am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Another footballer gone from the Premier League who ultimately will be remembered for a slip.

Hardly. Or perhaps just to United fans. Seeing as he won the CL four years later the slip has nowhere near the same impact Gerrard's did.

Incidentally he's far more likely to be remembered for the full kit w*nker nonsense that followed that CL win.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I actually agree with Bohsfan for once. He got absolutely panned for banging Wayne Bridges ex missus while Giggsy got away relatively lightly for carrying on a long term affair with his brothers wife.  
Also the 'loadsamoney' incident with Septics in a Heathrow hotel on the day of 9/11.

Also giving 'captain's speeches on the pitch to England players when he wasnt the captain.
Although that's probably Gerrard's fault too.

Also getting Maureen sacked the first time.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I actually agree with Bohsfan for once. He got absolutely panned for banging Wayne Bridges ex missus while Giggsy got away relatively lightly for carrying on a long term affair with his brothers wife.  
Also the 'loadsamoney' incident with Septics in a Heathrow hotel on the day of 9/11.

Also giving 'captain's speeches on the pitch to England players when he wasnt the captain.
Although that's probably Gerrard's fault too.

Also getting Maureen sacked the first time.

Ah yeah, you could add many more incidents to your list. No denying that he's a very annoying person. But a super centre half nonetheless. 
El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Cry
Ah dry your eyes mate use your butchers apron to wipe the snot and tears
How original. Bohsfan was right about you.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Another footballer gone from the Premier League who ultimately will be remembered for a slip.

Hardly. Or perhaps just to United fans. Seeing as he won the CL four years later the slip has nowhere near the same impact Gerrard's did.

Incidentally he's far more likely to be remembered for the full kit w*nker nonsense that followed that CL win.
Christ how could I forget that??? Missing the final and dressing up in full kit at the end of the game thenLOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:13am

One slip gave United fans the best moment of the noughties, the second slip gave them their best moment of the following decade
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:22am

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Cry
Ah dry your eyes mate use your butchers apron to wipe the snot and tears
How original. Bohsfan was right about you.
Well if that genius said it then it must be true Clown
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:36am
As a chelsea fan it's a baffling decision truly was in my opinion a cut above carragher,ferdinand etc haven't seen a centre half nearly as commandable and as technically gifted with two feet as JT captain,leader,legend
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:44am
He epitomises Chelsea, a racist barrow boy who got rich quick, a vile individual but a superb centre half. Certainly England's best since Murdoch invented football.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One slip gave United fans the best moment of the noughties, the second slip gave them their best moment of the following decade

The insinuation from this post by a City fan like yourself, that United fans are petty/bitter really is the equivalent of being told to sit up straight by the hunchback of Notre Dame. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:52am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The insinuation from this post by a City fan like yourself, that United fans are petty/bitter really is the equivalent of being told to sit up straight by the hunchback of Notre Dame. 

It was a joke big sack. Relax

United fans bitter? Of course not. Confused
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

As a chelsea fan it's a baffling decision truly was in my opinion a cut above carragher,ferdinand etc haven't seen a centre half nearly as commandable and as technically gifted with two feet as JT captain,leader,legend

I agree that Terry was a better player than the two mentioned but technically gifted with both feet?! 

Ferdinand was far more comfortable on the ball and taking it out of defence. Terry is more functional, less creative and plays it safe. He's predominantly right footed and I don't see anything that makes him stand out in being technically gifted on the ball.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:57am

I'm not saying we're not but you certainly are LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:59am

Like ShamTheRams post, i was using a bit of humour in my reply
Sorry if that offends

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm
Yeah I wouldn't have described Terry as 'technically gifted' myself either. I would agree however that not only was he the best English centre half of his generation, but he has arguably been the best centre half in the Premiership full stop over the last decade and a half. I remember one pundit once described him as 'like having a second goalkeeper'. Thought it was a pretty apt description.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:13pm

Sorry if that offends

You're not being offensive but you are bitter towards United. You can hardly deny that. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't have described Terry as 'technically gifted' myself either. I would agree however that not only was he the best English centre half of his generation, but he has arguably been the best centre half in the Premiership full stop over the last decade and a half. I remember one pundit once described him as 'like having a second goalkeeper'. Thought it was a pretty apt description.

I don't think there's much debate on his ability and effectiveness as a player. I'd have him in my team over Ferdinand that's for sure. He also gets plenty of important goals which won Chelsea a lot of games. Without doubt one of the best centre halves there has been the last 15 years or so.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:19pm

Sorry if that offends

You're not being offensive but you are bitter towards United. You can hardly deny that. 

No, I'll not deny that, and i'll add that most football fans are bitter
ShamTheRams initial post was bitter.
Im not here to accuse people of being bitter. I responded to a piece of banter with my own bit of a joke.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Feb 2016 at 12:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic