Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:03pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: John Terry to leave Chelsea
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: John Terry to leave Chelsea
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:05pm
...at the end of the season according to my source close to Terry. My wife.Cry

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:07pm
Cry

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:12pm
Does he go to the MLS or properly milk it and head to Qatar

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

two good questions.....but I have a better one..

Who gives a sh*t ?

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Who gives a sh*t ?
LOL

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:17pm

Who gives a sh*t ?

Hornet

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:21pm

Who gives a sh*t ?

The wifes of his future team mates id say.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Cry
Ah dry your eyes mate use your butchers apron to wipe the snot and tears

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:38pm
Love the youtube clip of the wonderful welcome he got from irish lads at Euro 2012....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 8:07pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but Vanessa Perroncel wasn't even with Wayne Bridge any more so I fail to see how he is a victim in this.

Is there an unwritten rule that you can't sleep with someone a teammate shagged once?

Bridge is so precious...

Incredible that it's salacious crap like this that people remember and not the on pitch racism towards Anton Ferdinand and Ledley King, and accepting cash in hand to give people tours of the clubs training ground.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Vanessa Perroncel wasn't even with Wayne Bridge any more so I fail to see how he is a victim in this.

Is there an unwritten rule that you can't sleep with someone a teammate shagged once?
Yeah it was all media hype (and YBIG members apparently) blowing it out of proportion. Half those WAGs have done the rounds of dressing rooms.
Megan  Jade-Mae Clark on Twitter has done the rounds of WHU fairly shamlessly by the looks of her twitter

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 9:18am
Done English footballer doesn't get new contract from club he's been at all his career and so begins a 4 month farewell period. Media & ex pros to clamour for him getting a dream FA Cup Final send off, as in the case of Gerrard last year
Boring.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 9:23am

Doubt he'd go to another Prem club so would imagine a pay day in the likes of the States, Qatar or China is a distinct possibilty.

The lad Chelsea signed from NY Redbulls looks to be very much in the Terry mould - old school style centre half.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 9:46am
Another footballer gone from the Premier League who ultimately will be remembered for a slip.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Another footballer gone from the Premier League who ultimately will be remembered for being a kunt

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:43am

Super centre half in fairness to him. He appears to be a bad person but there's no shortage of them in football. 

I actually agree with Bohsfan for once. He got absolutely panned for banging Wayne Bridges ex missus while Giggsy got away relatively lightly for carrying on a long term affair with his brothers wife.  

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:45am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Super centre half in fairness to him. He appears to be a bad person but there's no shortage of them in football. 

I actually agree with Bohsfan for once. He got absolutely panned for banging Wayne Bridges ex missus while Giggsy got away relatively lightly for carrying on a long term affair with his brothers wife.  

That last post possibly didn't read very well. Just to clarify, I'm not in a position to comment on whether Bohsfan was riding Wayne Bridges ex missus or not. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:48am

That last post possibly didn't read very well. Just to clarify, I'm not in a position to comment on whether Bohsfan was riding Wayne Bridges ex missus or not. 
You are safe on that wan it has been established that boneman 84 bats for the other side

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:54am

Another footballer gone from the Premier League who ultimately will be remembered for a slip.

Hardly. Or perhaps just to United fans. Seeing as he won the CL four years later the slip has nowhere near the same impact Gerrard's did.

Incidentally he's far more likely to be remembered for the full kit w*nker nonsense that followed that CL win.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:00am

Also the 'loadsamoney' incident with Septics in a Heathrow hotel on the day of 9/11.

Also giving 'captain's speeches on the pitch to England players when he wasnt the captain.
Although that's probably Gerrard's fault too.

Also getting Maureen sacked the first time.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Also the 'loadsamoney' incident with Septics in a Heathrow hotel on the day of 9/11.

Also giving 'captain's speeches on the pitch to England players when he wasnt the captain.
Although that's probably Gerrard's fault too.

Also getting Maureen sacked the first time.

Ah yeah, you could add many more incidents to your list. No denying that he's a very annoying person. But a super centre half nonetheless. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Cry
How original. Bohsfan was right about you.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Hardly. Or perhaps just to United fans. Seeing as he won the CL four years later the slip has nowhere near the same impact Gerrard's did.

Incidentally he's far more likely to be remembered for the full kit w*nker nonsense that followed that CL win.
Christ how could I forget that??? Missing the final and dressing up in full kit at the end of the game thenLOL

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:13am

One slip gave United fans the best moment of the noughties, the second slip gave them their best moment of the following decade

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:22am

Cry
How original. Bohsfan was right about you.
Well if that genius said it then it must be true Clown

-------------

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:36am
As a chelsea fan it's a baffling decision truly was in my opinion a cut above carragher,ferdinand etc haven't seen a centre half nearly as commandable and as technically gifted with two feet as JT captain,leader,legend

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:44am
He epitomises Chelsea, a racist barrow boy who got rich quick, a vile individual but a superb centre half. Certainly England's best since Murdoch invented football.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One slip gave United fans the best moment of the noughties, the second slip gave them their best moment of the following decade

The insinuation from this post by a City fan like yourself, that United fans are petty/bitter really is the equivalent of being told to sit up straight by the hunchback of Notre Dame. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:52am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The insinuation from this post by a City fan like yourself, that United fans are petty/bitter really is the equivalent of being told to sit up straight by the hunchback of Notre Dame. 

It was a joke big sack. Relax

United fans bitter? Of course not. Confused

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

As a chelsea fan it's a baffling decision truly was in my opinion a cut above carragher,ferdinand etc haven't seen a centre half nearly as commandable and as technically gifted with two feet as JT captain,leader,legend

I agree that Terry was a better player than the two mentioned but technically gifted with both feet?! 

Ferdinand was far more comfortable on the ball and taking it out of defence. Terry is more functional, less creative and plays it safe. He's predominantly right footed and I don't see anything that makes him stand out in being technically gifted on the ball.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:57am

I'm not saying we're not but you certainly are LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:59am

Like ShamTheRams post, i was using a bit of humour in my reply
Sorry if that offends

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm
Yeah I wouldn't have described Terry as 'technically gifted' myself either. I would agree however that not only was he the best English centre half of his generation, but he has arguably been the best centre half in the Premiership full stop over the last decade and a half. I remember one pundit once described him as 'like having a second goalkeeper'. Thought it was a pretty apt description.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:13pm

Sorry if that offends

You're not being offensive but you are bitter towards United. You can hardly deny that. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:16pm

Yeah I wouldn't have described Terry as 'technically gifted' myself either. I would agree however that not only was he the best English centre half of his generation, but he has arguably been the best centre half in the Premiership full stop over the last decade and a half. I remember one pundit once described him as 'like having a second goalkeeper'. Thought it was a pretty apt description.

I don't think there's much debate on his ability and effectiveness as a player. I'd have him in my team over Ferdinand that's for sure. He also gets plenty of important goals which won Chelsea a lot of games. Without doubt one of the best centre halves there has been the last 15 years or so.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:19pm

Sorry if that offends

You're not being offensive but you are bitter towards United. You can hardly deny that. 

No, I'll not deny that, and i'll add that most football fans are bitter
ShamTheRams initial post was bitter.
Im not here to accuse people of being bitter. I responded to a piece of banter with my own bit of a joke.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:31pm
As PM said, best English centre half in last 20 years.

Captain, leader, legend.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:36pm
U left complete kunt out of that eulogy francine

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:59pm

Sorry if that offends

No, I'll not deny that, and i'll add that most football fans are bitter
ShamTheRams initial post was bitter.
Im not here to accuse people of being bitter. I responded to a piece of banter with my own bit of a joke.

To quote the great media man Richard Keys...."It was just banter"

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:03pm

Some fine contributions from a fine poster. Well done sir.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:06pm

Some fine contributions from a fine poster. Well done sir.
Well i thank you for your endorsement francine Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:01pm
I am sure gentleman john's mammy will shoplift him a lovely finishing up present, while his dear old daddy will be able to lay on a a nice white party for him and the rest of the scummy club

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:07pm
never understood the hatred for him yet giggs gets no abuse Unhappy

always liked him myself

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

never understood the hatred for him yet giggs gets no abuse Unhappy

always liked him myself

Personally, it is the racism. There are a few choices though.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 3:53pm
Terry Clap 

Top TOP top TOP top TOP top TOP top TOP top player

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 3:55pm
he  was  like a  young  TERRY BUTCHER

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 5:07pm

Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

I agree that Terry was a better player than the two mentioned but technically gifted with both feet?! 

Ferdinand was far more comfortable on the ball and taking it out of defence. Terry is more functional, less creative and plays it safe. He's predominantly right footed and I don't see anything that makes him stand out in being technically gifted on the ball.
If you ever watch Terry play or if you have seen him in the flesh you will be surprised actually how good his touch and left foot are well able to play diagonal long balls too I agree with you on Ferdinand being more functional but in my own opinion JT has been the most consistent, reliable and best centre half of his generation and certainly the last 10 years in the premier league.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 5:10pm
listen it's fair to say everyone has their own personal opinions on JT as a person and as a footballer too but for me what the man has contributed to Chelsea the last 17 years has been extraordinary he will leave a gap that will never be replaced

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:18pm

I am sure gentleman john's mammy will shoplift him a lovely finishing up present, while his dear old daddy will be able to lay on a a nice white party for him and the rest of the scummy club

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:24pm
Talk today that Chelsea may offer him another contract. I`d be surprised if the MLS/Saudi/Qatar/Chinese contract isn't all but signed.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:28pm
He has an offer to be captain the Chelsea head hunters

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:38pm
Terry is good at playing diagonal passes with both feet while Ferdinand was brilliant at bringing the ball forward. Out of the English CH's of the last 20/30 years, who would you pick to partner Terry? Always thought that the only difference between him and Campbell was that Terry was more comfortable on the ball but Campbell was far quicker.

An absolute wretched individual but plenty of footballers are.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:47pm
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0524/965714-villa-willing-to-let-terry-skip-chelsea-games/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0524/965714-villa-willing-to-let-terry-skip-chelsea-games/

LOL

f**kin hell Embarrassed

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:03pm
He'll be sitting on the Chelsea subs bench no doubt.

What a pleb.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:04pm
Fairly desperate stuff by Bruce alright. Can't see Terry staying at Villa if they do get promoted - he'll be off somewhere else you'd imagine.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:19pm
LOL

Think i just lost all respect i had for Steve Bruce and Villa.

He should play against whoever the team plays and manager asks him to not the other way around, this is a player not celebrating against his former team taken a step further.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0524/965714-villa-willing-to-let-terry-skip-chelsea-games/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0524/965714-villa-willing-to-let-terry-skip-chelsea-games/

LOL

f**kin hell Embarrassed
Handy way to get an extra 2 days off work

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:05pm
Some joke Clown

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He'll be sitting on the Chelsea subs bench no doubt.

What a pleb.

and appear on the pitch in full Chelsea gear afterwards. proper bell end

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:23pm

Fairly desperate stuff by Bruce alright. Can't see Terry staying at Villa if they do get promoted - he'll be off somewhere else you'd imagine.

Confused

The reason he will likely stay is because the club will be giving him a new deal if they get promoted. 

Hence the whole point of the article. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Confused

The reason he will likely stay is because the club will be giving him a new deal if they get promoted. 

Hence the whole point of the article. 

Thanks for clearing that one up. Stern Smile My point was that, as is stated in the article, he turned down a number of Prem clubs for Villa largely due to the fact he didn't want to play against Chelsea. Unless he has had a change of heart on the matter over the past 12 months then you'd assume he won't be playing for another team in the same league as them.

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:15pm
he’s been bloody excellent for us this season, don’t see an issue with this at all tbh. 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

he’s been bloody excellent for us this season, don’t see an issue with this at all tbh. 

So what if you're playing Chelsea on the last day of the season and need a  result to stay up and he's been in flying form  ?

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:25pm
Dinny I can’t quote you for some reason, if that is the case and we are relying and a then 38 year old to save us then we deserve to be going down. 

If Villa go up at the weekend and Terry stays he won’t be playing a whole lot of games anyway imo. 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:53pm
I thought it was a joke on Paddy Power's instagram when I seen it.

Some club captain LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:12pm
That's a very strange attitude to take. As mentioned the idea of not celebrating against a former team is a bit naff, but actually contracting out of playing against former teams is entirely unprofessional.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:30pm

ah Sono, stop for jaysus sake. Its ridiculous.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:24pm

Sorry Sono but this embarrassing at best but in truth completely disrespectful to Villa and their fans......he plays for Villa NOT Chelsea...he doesn’t even have youthful naivety to call upon 

Great player no doubting 
Arrogant knob no doubting too

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:40pm
The whole thing is an embarrassment for everyone at Villa. It is ridiculous to be talking about this a couple of days before a play-off final, to have the manager discuss the minute details of what will happen if they win is beyond crass. 
That is before we even get to the stupidity of the clause itself, or the fact that it has now added extra needle to a game with the only professional club from,ahem, Chelsea.

I hope Fulham hammer them and, in tribute, let one of their players who failed to make the match squad go and collect the jersey in full kit.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

ah Sono, stop for jaysus sake. Its ridiculous.

Spot on Sham, what an absolute fooking cockwomble, Villa should call the ****s bluff if they get promoted, "aw I don't wanna play against Chelsea next season", would you go and sh*te.

Anyone thinking this is acceptable needs a slap.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:06pm
Where is the evidence that Terry said he didn't want to play against Chelsea next season? I know he said he didn't when he signed for Villa but that is the usual spiel any outgoing big player gives when leaving - eg Lampard, Gerrard, Iniesta, Xavi etc. 

Looks like a negotiating tactic by Villa to me.  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net