You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Brolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Young Joe drove past me in his seven series when I was sitting in my AMG not last Tuesday evening around 5pm when I was parked up on Old Channel Road in Belfast.

Gave him a wee wink and a wave and he waved back. Gent of a man.

The window from my office looks onto that road Finty

Ye work in Banking by any chance?
@AntrimMan85
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 6:08pm

Young Joe drove past me in his seven series when I was sitting in my AMG not last Tuesday evening around 5pm when I was parked up on Old Channel Road in Belfast.

Moving up the world Fintan Wink

Joe Brolly is an arsehole however, looking forward to Tyrone putting Derry to the sword and reading his nonsense the next morning.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 6:58pm
Joe Brolly is a Tyrone man genetically.
I don't work in banking no. I work in sales.
The AMG ain't no thing....only cost 18k. Sterling.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Moving up the world Fintan Wink

Joe Brolly is an arsehole however, looking forward to Tyrone putting Derry to the sword and reading his nonsense the next morning.

Why do you think Joe Brolly expects Derry to beat Tyrone or something?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:59am
JB saying that the GAA modern core principles has turned into a free for all and is heading towards a EPL model.

People on here agree?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

JB saying that the GAA modern core principles has turned into a free for all and is heading towards a EPL model.

People on here agree?
Joe Brolly is a great example of a great British education. Wordy and eloquent in the tradition of Chaucer and Wordsworth. Alas unlike those two he has nothing to actually say. No substance, which is the problem. He namedrops a few chaps, talks at length about kids and then makes a reductive point.

The GAA have always had a money grabbing leadership. He can witter on about what he believes their values are all day long. How much has he been paid to drone on and on about the erosion of their amateur ethos?

Edited by Onyd - 23 Oct 2017 at 9:27am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:10am

People on here agree?
€40k a week for playing GF for Longford. I think not.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

People on here agree?

One could argue it's already there. A pair of amoral organisations who sold out to Sky with numerous rapists on board whose fans believe it is the one true sport and won't watch anything else and of course mostly hype with no substance.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Onyd Onyd wrote:

People on here agree?

One could argue it's already there. A pair of amoral organisations who sold out to Sky with numerous rapists on board whose fans believe it is the one true sport and won't watch anything else and of course mostly hype with no substance.

Not a Sky sales rep I'd imagine or have a gra for Native Irish passtimes?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:23am

People on here agree?

I can already see that Onyd is a very rational contributor with lots of well thought out points...Wink

The one about the GAA having always had a "money grabbing leadership" was particularly well thought out, and in no way a vacuous cliche he heard in a pub.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:26am
LOL
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

People on here agree?

I can already see that Onyd is a very rational contributor with lots of well thought out points...Wink

The one about the GAA having always had a "money grabbing leadership" was particularly well thought out, and in no way a vacuous cliche he heard in a pub.

I don't know or care for these sports, but hasn't the Grab All Association moniker been around for donkeys old bean?
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:43am

People on here agree?

Not a Sky sales rep I'd imagine or have a gra for Native Irish passtimes?
Native Irish pastimes are cricket, rugby and footer. Hurling was dead and that ghastly Gaelic football is a boardroom designed monstrosity.

But I especially dislike hypocrisy from the British ruling elite. And Brolly is a hypocrite
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:45am

People on here agree?

I don't know or care for these sports, but hasn't the Grab All Association moniker been around for donkeys old bean?
Yes, it has been a vacuous pub cliche for as long as I have been alive and I'm sure for a good length of time before that. 

If I wanted to point you in the direction of the leadership of a major sporting body whose mentality is indeed to "money grab" and "grab all", look no further than the FAI. 

Whereas I'm unaware of any major GAA administrative figure who has used their position to feather their own nest in monetary terms.

Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:51am

People on here agree?

Yes, it has been a vacuous pub cliche for as long as I have been alive and I'm sure for a good length of time before that. 

If I wanted to point you in the direction of the leadership of a major sporting body whose mentality is indeed to "money grab" and "grab all", look no further than the FAI. 

Whereas I'm unaware of any major GAA administrative figure who has used their position to feather their own nest in monetary terms.

my god man, basic research

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/fas-officials-wages-to-cost-gaa-470000-in-three-years-26505472.html

When a football pundit comes out with such nauseating hypocrisy let's pull him on it. In the meantime let's stick with man of the people, boarding school educated queens council, Brolly.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:56am
Im not sure what point you're trying to make with that article.

He, like every other GAA president, will receive the salary he would have in his regular job. If he was on 30K a year thats what he'd get from the GAA.

Now, presidents of the GAA these days are usually from a decent professional background so the salary is reasonably high.
@AntrimMan85
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:59am

People on here agree?

my god man, basic research

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/fas-officials-wages-to-cost-gaa-470000-in-three-years-26505472.html

When a football pundit comes out with such nauseating hypocrisy let's pull him on it. In the meantime let's stick with man of the people, boarding school educated queens council, Brolly.
Basic research would have told you your little "point" completely backs up what I said.

The position of GAA president is a three year one and the occupant of the position does not gain monetarily from it - they continue to receive the same salary as they were receiving in their previous paid employment, which is entirely reimbursed to the employer by the GAA.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Im not sure what point you're trying to make with that article.

He, like every other GAA president, will receive the salary he would have in his regular job. If he was on 30K a year thats what he'd get from the GAA.

Now, presidents of the GAA these days are usually from a decent professional background so the salary is reasonably high.
Can you name any other sports body with a salaried President?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic