You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:56am
Paul Green got 22 and he wouldn't get a game for the fans team.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Read the first few pages of the thread on him. He looked a real baller down the RDS.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Read the first few pages of the thread on him. He looked a real baller down the RDS.
Anybody can look good in a friendly though. Arter even looked good against Uruguay.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:26am
As I have said many times on here , he has one good game in six and that's it .

I recall a Derby fan saying this when Burnley bought him and it is so very true .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:29am
he did stick it in the danger zone for oshea against the cup champions 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:38am
I like Hendrick. His best position for me is as a number 10- get him playing off Shane Long and trying to make things happen. Ok he is limited enough as a player but he has shown at times in an Ireland shirt he has ability. The tactics certainly don't help him.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I like Hendrick. His best position for me is as a number 10- get him playing off Shane Long and trying to make things happen. Ok he is limited enough as a player but he has shown at times in an Ireland shirt he has ability. The tactics certainly don't help him.

The worrying bit about what you said is marked in bold. You could count the times. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:41am
Would agree about the 1 good game in 6. Even at that, the 1 good game he has usually consists of a couple of good moments in that game. He never ever dominates a game in the middle physically or by getting control of the ball and dictating play. 

I can see why lads wouldn't be sure of what kind of a midfielder he is, but one thing is for sure, he isn't a deep lying ball playing midfielder. It's amazing how many games he plays for Burnley and Ireland where I totally forget he has actually played. For a midfielder, that's an amazing thing. In saying that, as lads have said, he's had a few big moments for us and they've played a big part in some good results.

As things stand, the lack of options means Hendrix (a nod to Eamonn there) could add lots of caps yet especially if MON sticks around awhile. There are far bigger problems than Hendrick alone in that midfield though. The lack of structure and thought that has gone into the most important part of a team from our management has been a total f*cking disgrace for a few years now. People wonder why we punt the ball non stop everywhere, average a shot a game on target, have 30 odd percent possession against the likes of Georgia home and away - it's just an abysmal failure of management and coaching. No matter the standard of player available (a total f*cking copout of an excuse MON uses regularly) you can build a structure in a midfield and a team and from there a style of play. As it is, MON has absolutely no interest in actually doing his job, so our midfield is a just a grim no mans land. It is and has been a horrific sight for years. So it's tough to lay so much on Hendrick in an Irish jersey at least, considering the total lack of incompetence going on around him.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

As I have said many times on here , he has one good game in six and that's it .

I recall a Derby fan saying this when Burnley bought him and it is so very true .

Wouldn't disagree with that at all Murph, but I'm not sure why he is singled out when most of our players fall into that category. McClean for example, hasn't had a good game since Wales away last year, which puts him in that one in 6 bracket, Arter has only had one very good game for us, Austria away in 2016, Shane Long actually had a decent game on Saturday given the service he was forced to endure, but has had plenty poor ones up to this. 

Walters, Meyler, O'Dowda, Brady before he got injured are in the same category while the likes of Hourihane & Browne have yet to have even an average game for us full stop, playing so poorly in their few games for us so far that MON thinks an athletic fullback and 2 wingers can do a better job in midfield than them. 

Even though MON constantly bangs on about Coleman (who in truth, has never consistently replicated the best of his Everton form for Ireland, it only appears sporadically), the player we miss most is (a fit) McCarthy.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:17am
Well as little admiration as I have for McClean he's at least certainly the last player you can accuse of hiding himself , though not too sure what charging round the pitch like a coked up maniac hacking and bellowing at anything in an opposition shirt contributes to the cause.
Brady,Coleman and others too you at least notice that they are there trying to win a football match in whatever inadequate way but Hendrick just seems to disappear in to a vortex some short time after the whistle blows and only emerge again once its over to collect an opposition shirt.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:36am
Of all my years of watching & playing football I’ve never seen a mystery like Hendrick. I literally don’t know what he does. Over 40 caps as a central midfielder with every game single one of them passing him by with just TWO moments of note, the run against Georgia and a shot off target against Sweden. What am I missing here? Why is the lad a Premier League footballer? Don’t like to speak badly about our players but surely over 40 dismal appearances means it is time for someone new to come in

Edited by RKeane - 16 Oct 2018 at 6:51am
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:04am
Brilliant assists against Germany and Wales, and an important goal against Serbia off the top of my head.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Well as little admiration as I have for McClean he's at least certainly the last player you can accuse of hiding himself , though not too sure what charging round the pitch like a coked up maniac hacking and bellowing at anything in an opposition shirt contributes to the cause.
Brady,Coleman and others too you at least notice that they are there trying to win a football match in whatever inadequate way but Hendrick just seems to disappear in to a vortex some short time after the whistle blows and only emerge again once its over to collect an opposition shirt.

What's your beef with McClean?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Brilliant assists against Germany and Wales, and an important goal against Serbia off the top of my head.
And Georgia, although I actually think the pullback against Germany was poor and O'Shea (not you) did brilliantly to read it.

That's it though. 42 games and he had a decent performance in three. Even in Serbia, where he scored his only goal for us, he should have been hauled off at half-time for being far the worst player on the pitch.
It is closer to one good game in 15 than in 6. Were he playing for Millwall or some other unfashionable Championship club , which is his level, at best, he would barely make the bench. It is funny that Burnley's results started improving when he got dropped!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And Georgia, although I actually think the pullback against Germany was poor and O'Shea (not you) did brilliantly to read it.

That's it though. 42 games and he had a decent performance in three. Even in Serbia, where he scored his only goal for us, he should have been hauled off at half-time for being far the worst player on the pitch.
It is closer to one good game in 15 than in 6. Were he playing for Millwall or some other unfashionable Championship club , which is his level, at best, he would barely make the bench. It is funny that Burnley's results started improving when he got dropped!

I thought it was excellent considering how bad the cross was from Wes. He had to run back towards the edge of the box to pull it back. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:45am
1 goal for Ireland Dead
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I thought it was excellent considering how bad the cross was from Wes. He had to run back towards the edge of the box to pull it back. 
I just watched it again and you are right, he did incredibly well with a dreadfully overhit ball in.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

1 goal for Ireland Dead
Took a fortunate deflection at that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 143>
  Share Topic