You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 143>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:57pm
Newcastle fans are on another planet of delusion Roy Keane actually said this recently on Sky Sports when asked about Steve Bruce being under pressure he was right.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:05am
you’re all getting away from the fact that Jeff is a con man. Practically 0 tackles and an average of twenty odd TOUCHES per game???? In midfield? Footballer my arse.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Newcastle fans are up there with the most deluded in the whole of England, a club that haven't won a trophy since the 1960s (a now defunct competition) carry this myth that they should be competing for the Premier League and being in the Champions League year in, year out.

The same fan base who genuinely think a player being handed 'the famous number 9 shirt' carries a similar weight as that of what a player at Real Madrid or Brazil would carry.

The same fan base who lauded Benitez but are trying to hound Bruce out a job? Despite Bruce having a near identical record as Benitez.

For all of Hendricks faults, he is no worse than countless players who played for Newcastle for the best part of 15 years. 

All of the bit in bold has nothing to do with the legitimate criticism of Hendrick in that article. He's making a fair point. Hendrick does tend to drift out of games. 

That said, I think Hendrick has played better under Kenny in this Nations League than he has in the last few years under MON and Mick. 

It's just Green Devil sprouting his usual anti Newcastle propaganda 

�£

Ah yes that old chestnut, why because I'm stating facts? 

Newcastle are widely seen as having the most deluded fanbase in England, they get slated on a regular basis by various people in the media. A quick glance on the Villa, Everton, Liverpool forums etc will back that up also.

Yes lets take our view of fans from sport forums. If that is the case Irish fans think we should be dominating games and be number 1 in the world.

I'll also state I think Bruce has done a decent job
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

you’re all getting away from the fact that Jeff is a con man. Practically 0 tackles and an average of twenty odd TOUCHES per game???? In midfield? Footballer my arse.

It's not like you have not been told about Jizzzy Jeff before .

4 year contract he has some agent that's for sure .

I expect him to score a wonder goal real soon to win the game then another six games of dross from him as that's what you get  from him .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I expect him to score a wonder goal real soon to win the game then another six games of dross from him as that's what you get  from him .

How are Burnley getting on without him?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

How are Burnley getting on without him?

So you think the Clarets would be better off if Jeff stayed at the club Wacko

The only reason Burnley are where they are is lack of investment as they brought in Stephens for a million and nobody else . Why is that you may ask well the club is close to be sold and the two major shareholders needed the club to be on a sound footing and it shows the club  has made a profit over the last 3 seasons of 40 million .

More to it than you think Bren
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:21pm

Newcastle fans are up there with the most deluded in the whole of England, a club that haven't won a trophy since the 1960s (a now defunct competition) carry this myth that they should be competing for the Premier League and being in the Champions League year in, year out.

The same fan base who genuinely think a player being handed 'the famous number 9 shirt' carries a similar weight as that of what a player at Real Madrid or Brazil would carry.

The same fan base who lauded Benitez but are trying to hound Bruce out a job? Despite Bruce having a near identical record as Benitez.

For all of Hendricks faults, he is no worse than countless players who played for Newcastle for the best part of 15 years. 

All of the bit in bold has nothing to do with the legitimate criticism of Hendrick in that article. He's making a fair point. Hendrick does tend to drift out of games. 

That said, I think Hendrick has played better under Kenny in this Nations League than he has in the last few years under MON and Mick. 

It's just Green Devil sprouting his usual anti Newcastle propaganda 

�£

Ah yes that old chestnut, why because I'm stating facts? 

Newcastle are widely seen as having the most deluded fanbase in England, they get slated on a regular basis by various people in the media. A quick glance on the Villa, Everton, Liverpool forums etc will back that up also.

Yes lets take our view of fans from sport forums. If that is the case Irish fans think we should be dominating games and be number 1 in the world.

I'll also state I think Bruce has done a decent job

Confused

Why wouldn't you? The majority of those lads would be regular match day goers and would have a keen interest in their team? 

As for the second part of your argument in bold, that is absolute tripe and there's nothing backing up what you said. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:12pm

Of course it has, I was making the point that these very fans tend to have unrealistic expectations of the players that the club signs more often than not, knowing full that they're either bang average or cast offs from other clubs.

When Steve Bruce sends out his team with 5 at the back and to literally sit back and defend on the edge of the box to soak up endless amounts of pressure in hope of hitting a side on the counter is a great work to stop your midfielders from drifting out of games is it? What sort of impact are these midfielders supposed to have?

I'm not even arguing that Newcastle fans have unrealistic expectations and I don't really care if they do or not. That Newcastle supporter is making legitimate points on Hendrick who always had a tendency to drift out of games no matter what system he was playing under. 

Darron Gibson also had a tendency to drift out of games when playing for Ireland too. I know Kenny's system would compliment Hendrick's abilities more than MON or Mick's but It's not always entirely the system's fault and nothing on the player. 

I'm not even having a pop at Hendrick as I like him as a player but games do pass him by at times. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:31pm
Scores tonight v Leeds 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
Clever run and nice finish.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:37pm
Might shut up some of the idiots who ask what he actually does. For a while anyway.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Queue ten totally anonymous and ineffectual performances that generally define his career but are immediately overlooked by those who idolise him and lavish him with man love  on the basis of his biannual demonstration he can actually play football. I doubt he'll score or assist another goal before Christmas.
I’ll give you 33/1

Nice bet

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Queue ten totally anonymous and ineffectual performances that generally define his career but are immediately overlooked by those who idolise him and lavish him with man love  on the basis of his biannual demonstration he can actually play football. I doubt he'll score or assist another goal before Christmas.
I’ll give you 33/1

Nice bet

Phew

Was close but a losing bet 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Might shut up some of the idiots who ask what he actually does. For a while anyway.

Now back to playing hide and seek for the next six games for Jeff LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:20pm

Now back to playing hide and seek for the next six games for Jeff LOL

For people who're only capable of noticing goals and assists, yes.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:22pm
good position to pick up , got a reward from it
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm

Nope... still none the wiser. 

If goals are an the primary indicator of Hendrick’s value, I hate to tell you he’s scored 13 in the last 5 years.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:51pm
Newcastle losing 5-2. They've completely collapsed after substituting Hendrick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 143>
  Share Topic