You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 7:57am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

@John Nice, surely you have to start rating this lad now? 

I'M happy to eat my words,  I always saw him as a yard dog yc magnet, but he has improved no end. I still don't think he's great on the ball and I'M not sure he's the kind of lad you want in the team to break down an Armenia for example, but fair dues, he's a tenacious lad and will be a big asset away from home vs better sides. Delighted to be proven wrong.

Honestly I'd pick him in any situation. I've always liked the lad, partly because I think every team benefits from a dog like him in midfield that gets stuck in game after game. It's taken him a bit longer than I had initially thought it would to really break through, but he's getting there now. He got a crucial touch before the Egan goal tonight very similar to one he got before the Obafemi goal in June. 

He might be a player who spends most of his career in the Championship rather than the Premier League, or as a grafter for relegation strugglers in the top division, but he can be absolutely crucial for us for the next 10 years at the same time.
Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:21am
The regular gametime is really doing him good now. I was never super impressed by him it felt like he was all energy, little technical ability and rash decision making for a while but to be fair looks better on the ball and his tenacity is vital against good opponents.

I actually really like our midfield for the most part, could do with a more mobile passer of the ball though because while I think our current midfield is a better option as it is then with Hendrick he is our best passing midfielder.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:41am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

The regular gametime is really doing him good now. I was never super impressed by him it felt like he was all energy, little technical ability and rash decision making for a while but to be fair looks better on the ball and his tenacity is vital against good opponents.

I actually really like our midfield for the most part, could do with a more mobile passer of the ball though because while I think our current midfield is a better option as it is then with Hendrick he is our best passing midfielder.

Would agree with this in general.

We do need a creative force in midfield. Jeff isn't the answer long term but still has a role to play against lesser opposition - even as a starter. He has gone MIA too many times to be relying on him against serious opposition for 90 minutes. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:50am
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Several Irish players impressed me but I thought Molumby was excellent for you. Great determination and workrate.

There was some atmosphere last night even before kick off and you could see the home crowd and team were really up for it. I was a little concerned how our relatively young team would react. When the camera passed Molumby during the anthem you could see he was pumped and relishing the dog fight that was to come and feeding off the atmosphere. Definitely need a warrior like him on our side for a derby like that.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 9:48am
Himself and Dara will have a new manager after Bruce getting the sack this morning.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Himself and Dara will have a new manager after Bruce getting the sack this morning.

That may or may not be a good thing, he hasnt performed well for WBA this season, was hooked on 57 minutes last midweek and was dropped for the weekend.
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:39pm

That may or may not be a good thing, he hasnt performed well for WBA this season, was hooked on 57 minutes last midweek and was dropped for the weekend.

Bruce getting sacked is 100% a good thing, he's a terrible manager/coach & was driving WBA straight to relegation.

For the sake of Molumby & O'Shea they hopefully get a decent coach in.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Bruce getting sacked is 100% a good thing, he's a terrible manager/coach & was driving WBA straight to relegation.

For sure, I just hope the new man likes "energetic" no. 8s Smile
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 10:35pm

If the new man prefers a more lethargic number 8, there is one at Reading .. Wink
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:00pm
Anyone else sing this fellas name like the intro to a Jason Derulo song? No? Just me?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

If the new man prefers a more lethargic number 8, there is one at Reading .. Wink
Ah that guy, the one who occasionally passes the ball in a forward direction! Wink
Idah Dream!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 12:40am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Anyone else sing this fellas name like the intro to a Jason Derulo song? No? Just me?
Nope, just you. TongueLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 3:10pm
No start for Molumby again today! O'Shea and Hendrick start.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 11:43am
On the bench again today, clearly out of favour now, worrying from an Irish perspective. Lowest Who scored rating of any outfield player in the Championship this season with 10 starts or more, 6.25. Needs to be playing and doing more on the ball. Has done ok in the green recently, but he remains limited. Both himself and Knight having poor seasons!
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 11:57am

On the bench again today, clearly out of favour now, worrying from an Irish perspective. Lowest Who scored rating of any outfield player in the Championship this season with 10 starts or more, 6.25. Needs to be playing and doing more on the ball. Has done ok in the green recently, but he remains limited. Both himself and Knight having poor seasons!
Knew he wouldn't be a Corberan player.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:11pm

Been a bit more than "ok" in the green I'd say. Like West Brom, he started the season pretty well. The wheels have come off for them in the last 6 weeks though. We've seen more than enough of him to suggest he's a useful player, he'll need to convince Corberan of that now.

Edited by The O'Shea - 29 Oct 2022 at 12:11pm
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:14pm
Knight is doing fine considering he spent most of the time at RB, he's only recently being playing in his actual position. I think he's been injured recently too.

I've always found Molumby an odd case; I like his athleticism and tenacity but he's not good enough on the ball to be a proper rounded midfielder.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Been a bit more than "ok" in the green I'd say. Like West Brom, he started the season pretty well. The wheels have come off for them in the last 6 weeks though. We've seen more than enough of him to suggest he's a useful player, he'll need to convince Corberan of that now.

Haven't much faith in Corebran being the man to turn things around for them. Strong whiff of Stoke City off WBA and can see them hanging around the bottom half of the table for some time.

Hope O'Shea has a release clause in that new contract cause he's better than being stuck at a club fighting off relegation in the championship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 57>
  Share Topic