You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 57>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 5:41pm
Molumby was their star man anyway; Robinson with his standard performance.

Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 6:05pm
Molumby looks like a player who is developing and learning all the time. Very calm and controlled in possession and I was very impressed with his overall game today . 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:04am
Rumours that he could be recalled by Brighton to cover themselves in re: to COVID absences/squad shortages. 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Rumours that he could be recalled by Brighton to cover themselves in re: to COVID absences/squad shortages. 

Would be terrible if true, Potter would just want him as an emergency replacement that he hopes he doesn't have to use.

One position they are fairly stacked in his Molumbys position so I would be shocked of this was the case with him. Other players mightn't be so Lucky.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:04am
I seen Brighton bought an 18 year old Polish central midfielder this week and have loaned him back out straight away.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:27am
I don't think Molumby is particularly highly rated at Brighton so I'd be surprised if this became an issue.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 10:57am
Molumby should have a career outside the Premiership. He's only 22 and as our own 9Fingers (who has a mate coaching at Liverpool) says: 

"Player development takes different paths, our constant need to compare, contrast & even condemn is pointless and unhelpful."  Beautiful. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Molumby should have a career outside the Premiership. He's only 22 and as our own 9Fingers (who has a mate coaching at Liverpool) says: 

"Player development takes different paths, our constant need to compare, contrast & even condemn is pointless and unhelpful."  Beautiful. 

LOLLOL What a weird **** 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:13am
I rate Molumby reasonably highly and I think he can still play in the Premier League, or another top European league in time. He's athletic, gets around the field and is an underrated passer of the ball.

His issues - over enthusiasm, too much aggression, stupid bookings - are all very fixable through experience and good coaching.

I just just don't think he's a good fit for Potter's Brighton and will probably have to work his way back with another club. Best case scenario for now is probably that he does enough at West Brom to get a permanent move and forces his way into the starting 11 there.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:16am
There is no mention in that article of Molumby being recalled, or even doing well on loan, unless i missed it.

I think he's done ok at West Brom, but he's finished with Brighton, thats fairly clear.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:27am
As it says, all rumors at the minute re him and Clarke being recalled. Personally, I can't see him being recalled. Potter just expressing the possibility if their squad gets any thinner which hopefully won't be the case. WBA have the option to buy Molumby at the end of the season so I think Brighton will be looking to leave him there and hoping this happens. Their fanbase seem to want to hold onto him.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 10:28pm

Subbed off after 80 mins... was a passenger for the whole time he was on.

Still young but I'm beginning to think hes not going to be a key player for ireland sadly.

Knight, Cullen, browne, kilkenny are all 26 or under and are better options.

Smallbone and Coventry hopefully taking steps.some enough too.

Molumby is 22. Coventry is 21 (22 soon). Coventry couldn't get into the side at a side in the Championship relegation spots. Molumby is getting runs for a side in for promotion. But you reckon Coventry is taking steps towards becoming a better option than him? In all fairness..

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 10:43pm
He was in due to Livermore's absence really.
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 11:06pm
I've watched a few Championship games lately.  More interesting league than The F.A. Carling Premiership but its just a scrappy, poor quality football league.

That being said its actually more enjoyable to watch.

Molumby did no better or worse than anyone else from West Bromwich.  Robinson was ineffective.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 2:10am

Subbed off after 80 mins... was a passenger for the whole time he was on.

Still young but I'm beginning to think hes not going to be a key player for ireland sadly.

Knight, Cullen, browne, kilkenny are all 26 or under and are better options.

Smallbone and Coventry hopefully taking steps.some enough too.
Molumby, Parrott and Connolly were the basis of our so-called golden generation of a few years ago. All have disappointed to date. Molumby is honest and hardworking but very limited. You should be well beyond "beginning to think he's not going to be a key player for Ireland sadly".
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 7:44am
Majority of young potential starlets never make it to the top.....same as it's ever been.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 8:35am
To be fair West Brom fans (who are among the most miserable, negative football supporters I have ever come across) aren't writing him off, they're just saying what we pretty much already know - he's energetic, tries hard for the team but is a technically limited player. 

He has a role in our wider squad as our midfield is not strong, but in terms of the first team Cullen is well ahead of him as a defensive midfielder at the moment and Hendrick, for all his limitations, is more comfortable on the ball.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 9:06am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

To be fair West Brom fans (who are among the most miserable, negative football supporters I have ever come across) aren't writing him off, they're just saying what we pretty much already know - he's energetic, tries hard for the team but is a technically limited player. 

He has a role in our wider squad as our midfield is not strong, but in terms of the first team Cullen is well ahead of him as a defensive midfielder at the moment and Hendrick, for all his limitations, is more comfortable on the ball.
He's a marginal squad member at best. Definitely not good enough to start and, with his reckless tackling, a liability as a late defensive sub. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 57>
  Share Topic