You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jake O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Apparently is in Belgium to sign with a team called RWDM47.

Sounds like something you'd clean a keyhole with 
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Apparently is in Belgium to sign with a team called RWDM47.

Sounds like something you'd clean a keyhole with 

Or your hole
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:36pm
Confirmed as going on loan to the Belgian team. Wouldn't say it's a great move for O'Brien but it's particularly poor for Luke Plange who is going with him and was good in the English Championship last season.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:42pm
Yeah that sucks for Plange. Derby probably would have taken him back on loan given their situation and Rosenier being promoted to manager.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 2:01pm
It's gone under the radar but loan is going well for him so far. Team are joint top of the division as it stands! 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:04pm
Seen him linked with Bristol City a couple of times now. Contract up at Palace next summer, a good season in the Championship could see him earn an extension or a permanent move.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 2:15pm
not strong enough with the ball to be a PL player imo. championship would be great move for him 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 2:22pm
Won the Belgian 2nd Division yesterday with RWD Molenbeek. Very successful loan spell for the lad, will be interesting to see what plans Palace have for him.
Idah Dream!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 3:20pm
Would love to see him have another loan spell with RWD in the top flight.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Would love to see him have another loan spell with RWD in the top flight.

Could well be an option, one of the Palace owners owns 80% of RWD, so I wouldnt rule it out. He has always looked a bit raw, so Belgian football should help him hone the technical side of his game.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:57am
He has gone under the radar as has Garcia McNulty in the Erste Divisie in Holland. Both have quietly had decent educational seasons.

See the links to Bristol City recently I would love to see him go back to Belgium again. I’m sure he could manufacture a move to one of the 5/6 decent teams in Belgium off the back of this season. 

Edited by kevin100 - 16 May 2023 at 11:58am
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 7:57pm
Interesting one here. 

French side Troyes have had a £1.25m bid for O'Brien turned down. They have just been relegated to the second tier in France. Patrick Kisnorbo is the coach and they seem to have a share of young players taken from bigger clubs in Europe. Don't know much else about them .

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Can't say I thought he banged of top talent when he was playing for the 21st but he had some good attributes and a season abroad may have done him good. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 11:40pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Looks like he could be off to Lyon

It's reasons like this that UEFA really need to look at the multi club ownership models (but they won't). Cork City could get rightly screwed over here.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 5:42pm
Four year deal confirmed for Jake at Lyon.

Based on the translation they seem to be making it clear that they see him as a long term project rather than a signing for the coming season, but the length of the contract gives him great career security for a few years at a minimum.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 5:45pm
As You Tell Me alluded to I would expect him to go out on loan possibly to Molenbeek again and get a full season playing top flight football in Belgium. Would be a lovely next step for him. 

It’s a cracking move for the lad.

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Aug 2023 at 5:45pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 9:12am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

As You Tell Me alluded to I would expect him to go out on loan possibly to Molenbeek again and get a full season playing top flight football in Belgium. Would be a lovely next step for him. 

It’s a cracking move for the lad.

Is it? Just feels like he is being moved from one part of the business to another. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 9:24am
The four year deal part of it is. Gives him a real opportunity to establish himself. Whether it's at Crystal Palace or Lyon doesn't make a huge amount of difference, that's probably an accounting decision to exclude Cork from any future transfers as much as anything. Probably marginally easier for him to break through at Lyon I'd say, though that would change if Palace were relegated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic