Italy v Ireland - 31st May K.O @7.45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italy v Ireland - 31st May K.O @7.45
    Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:16pm
Don't see a thread on this yet, so best get one going.

Players Out: Elliot, Wilson, Whelan, Walters.

Players In: Doyle, Keogh, Hendrick, Sammon.

Called up: u21 Keeper Ian Lawler & Joe Murphy.

Going to be a very experimental side.

Dont see the point in calling Murphy up, soon to be 33year old keeper playing for a Coventry side that finished bottom end of league one. Surely scraping the barrel there?

Would of been better off calling up another u21 such as McCarey who could very well be Wolves no.1 next season.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:19pm
What's the craic with the 3 stoke lads? I'd agree about the keeper too, third choice at 33 seems ridiculous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:22pm

What's the craic with the 3 stoke lads? I'd agree about the keeper too, third choice at 33 seems ridiculous
Wilson's brother getting married I think I read on here somewhere

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:30am
Again going to be hard one for sure as the Italians will be up for this as whoever plays they want to impress , we would do very well if we got a draw out of this game now a win would be better Tongue
foggy.nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:32am
It said on off the ball last night that murphy wasnt called up as expected, that they opted for lawlor

Edit, just seen the fai twitter page

Edited by foggy.nelson - 27 May 2014 at 7:35am
Trap for Pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:20am
Would like to see something experimental enough like the following

Forde

Coleman, Josh, Keogh, Clark {Could do a job, can't be worse positionally than Ward}

McGeady, Hendrick, Meyler, Pilkington

Wessi

Stokes

Left back is a real headache. The current incumbents in order of competence are, IMO:

1.Wilson
2.Clark
3.Kelly
4.Ward 

Edited by Trap for Pope - 27 May 2014 at 10:22am
Living for Away days

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Trap for Pope Trap for Pope wrote:

Left back is a real headache. The current incumbents in order of competence are, IMO:

1.Wilson
2.Clark
3.Kelly
4.Ward 

would nearly go back to JOS in this role if wilson does not cut it , clark at CB would be more suitable as he is quicker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:25am

Would like to see something experimental enough like the following

Forde

Coleman, <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Josh, </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">Keogh, </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">Clark {Could do a job, can't be worse positionally than Ward}</span>

McGeady, <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Hendrick, </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">Meyler, </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">Pilkington</span>

Wessi
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">                     Stokes</span>

1.Wilson
2.Clark
3.Kelly
4.Ward 

It's hardly a headache IMO Wilson is our best option in that position however it would seem MON fancies him more as a CB or CM based on his games thus far. Hopefully once we have a full compliment on midfielders to pick from (McCarthy, Gibson & Hendrick to come back in) Wilson will not be considered in this position although apparently CM is Wilson's preferred position.
rainpaulo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:26am
If Ward starts again Im going to start following volleyball.
Trap for Pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:32am
@Milla

If I never see John O'Shea at Full-Back again it'll be too soon. A real asset at centre-half but just can't cut it elsewhere anymore. 

@Elnino

I think it is a headache. Wilson has been far from convincing there, his distribution ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous {I reference Faroes and Sweden at home in last campaign for the latter} He's the best of a bad lot but that is all I think. Did well in CM last Sunday though I thought and I would wouldn't mind seeing him as a holding midfielder or at centre-half if required. 
Living for Away days

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:51am

@Milla

If I never see John O'Shea at Full-Back again it'll be too soon. A real asset at centre-half but just can't cut it elsewhere anymore. 

+ 1

Whilst finding a replacement for Ward is a key priority, I'd agree O'Shea's days at any position other than CB are numbered. Just not mobile enough anymore to play full-back or midfield.

Also agree it would be worth a shot trying Clark at left full. It's a shame Cunningham hasn't quite developed as well as originally hoped as a fast, nippy left full would be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:52am

@Milla

+ 1

Whilst finding a replacement for Ward is a key priority, I'd agree O'Shea's days at any position other than CB are numbered. Just not mobile enough anymore to play full-back or midfield.

Also agree it would be worth a shot trying Clark at left full. It's a shame Cunningham hasn't quite developed as well as originally hoped as a fast, nippy left full would be nice!

i hear ye lads but i would have him in before ward.

BASS FACE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASS FACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:54am
which pub is fans meeting in for this one? there's 1 close to craven cottage from the last game there but I can't remember name of it....
LIMERICK CITY ON TOUR
     PURE DAYSANT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 10:57am
What channel is this on lads?

Helping running a Bar in Greece during that time so I'll be trying my best to watch it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 11:07am

Helping running a Bar in Greece during that time so I'll be trying my best to watch it.

Premier Sports  Confused

a.k.a - that channel that nobody has 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 11:25am

Premier Sports  Confused

a.k.a - that channel that nobody has 

Grim. I have it in the house but dont think I'll have it abroad 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 11:36am
On Setanta Ireland

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 12:38pm
Lads are going overboard about how bad Ward is....Although it's our most problematic position I'd probably put him ahead of Wilson and Kelly and Clark usually plays CB so despite his average level he is probably best of a bad bunch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>