You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 126>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

If we are looking for goal scorers for next week in Serbia, Paddy must be an option along with Eoin Doyle at Bolton and Rhys Murphy at Yeovil. Only joking. Or am I ? Scott Hogan put in a decent shift for Birmingham tonight, didn't score but gave 100% against a much better team and won. Just saying.

Yeah, Hogan's in with a shout.

That's where we are... 
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 2:29am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Stockport interest in Madden confirmed; deal possible.

Madden gone to Stockport on a 3 year deal....he must be getting decent money to drop down to that division.

I remember Madden playing against Wales. He had a decent shot on goal and I often wonder what would have happened if that had gone in. Trap stuck by Sammon and Cox for comparatively marginal returns 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Stockport interest in Madden confirmed; deal possible.

Madden gone to Stockport on a 3 year deal....he must be getting decent money to drop down to that division.

I remember Madden playing against Wales. He had a decent shot on goal and I often wonder what would have happened if that had gone in. Trap stuck by Sammon and Cox for comparatively marginal returns 

Yeah and I think he was only on for a short time v Wales....if he didn’t get a shout over the last few games with all the withdrawals etc he was never gonna get a call again.plus he’s all but said goodbye to any international future (if he had any) by going to the conference league....
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

If we are looking for goal scorers for next week in Serbia, Paddy must be an option along with Eoin Doyle at Bolton and Rhys Murphy at Yeovil. Only joking. Or am I ? Scott Hogan put in a decent shift for Birmingham tonight, didn't score but gave 100% against a much better team and won. Just saying.

Yeah, Hogan's in with a shout.

That's where we are... 

Did ye watch the Kenny online thing  ? 
There was an extended squad part, the full player pool available to him currently. Burke was there among the strikers but Hogan wasn't. Maybe an error, a silly error though if so. But he wasn't there. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 5:14pm
Greg Cunningham's joined Preston on a permanent basis.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:29pm
Is there a thread for released players??

Anyway, Dan Crowley and Ryan Burke have left Birmingham following the end of their contracts. Crowley's stint back to the UK has been a disaster. Back to the continent is his best bet. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:44pm
Released so far: Shaun Williams ( Millwall ), Stephen Quinn and John Joe O'Toole ( Burton ), Stephen Ward and Alan Judge ( Ipswich ), Billy Clarke and Anthony O'Connor ( Bradford City ), Alan Sheehan ( Northampton ), Callum Cockerill-Mollett (Walsall), Ryan Sweeney and Corey O'Keefe ( Mansfield ). No doubt there are others. James Collins is now on the radar of Cardiff City, Bristol City and Middlesbrough, having previously been linked with Preston and Derby. Peterborough have denied a rumour that they were trying to sign Aidan McGeady.

Edited by Green Cockade - 17 May 2021 at 1:03pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Anyway, Dan Crowley and Ryan Burke have left Birmingham following the end of their contracts. Crowley's stint back to the UK has been a disaster. Back to the continent is his best bet. 
Strange with Crowley. He had a good first season, not a great second season, but he undoubtedly has the ability. He could do it in the championship 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Strange with Crowley. He had a good first season, not a great second season, but he undoubtedly has the ability. He could do it in the championship 

His best position is in behind the forwards but most managers don't set their team up with players in that position anymore. As a result players like Crowley end up on the wings which is not a great position for his type of ability.

Same with Jack Byrne, Wiltshire and many more. These types of players need to be trained from a young age that they need to be all round midfielders and not just creative midfielders. 

You look at Fernandes and de bruyne and they are world class players that have been trained to do a lot of the trypical midfield work too.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:32am
James Collins is reported to have agreed to sign for Cardiff City, to the disappointment of Neil Warnock who thought he had convinced him to join Middlesbrough. Could have been the Mick McCarthy factor that swung it, as it was Mick who gave him his chance with Ireland.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:35am
Charles Dunne joins St. Mirren from Motherwell.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:11am
Some amount of Irish players at St Mirren these days. And an up and coming Irish manager doing really well with them too.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:21am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Some amount of Irish players at St Mirren these days. And an up and coming Irish manager doing really well with them too.

I have been thinking for a few weeks now that it would be a cracking little spot for Troy Parrott to go on loan this summer. Could play a similar role to McGrath actually presuming St Mirren will sell him. Every chance they will sell him. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 1:54am
Conor Wilkinson joins Walsall from Leyton Orient.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 8:55am
Pierce Sweeney has signed a two year deal with Swindon after turning down a new contract offer from Exeter.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:00pm
Stephen Quinn signs for Mansfield on a permanent basis.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:00pm
Dylan Connolly joins Northampton from St. Mirren.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:26am
Alan Judge joins Colchester from Ipswich.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 126>
  Share Topic