You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Cricket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:41pm
Haha fair play to the UAE.
Good old Scotland....they never let us down......is Gordon Strachan managing them?
No excuses tomorrow.
Wodawick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wodawick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Does a no result see us through???

No Zim ahead by 0.02 afaik

I don't think they are - We should have a better run rate which should see us through if it's a no-result. 

Ireland 0.474
Zimbabwe 0.42

...according to Cricket Europe website.

So a no-result puts us through.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
*Starts Rain Dance*
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:01pm
West Indies brought a very strong side to the tournament. Gayle, Hope, Lewis, Powell and co. And arrived in the country well beforehand. I watched them getting knocked around New Zealand day in day out, until they showed some steel in the T20's.

Have to admire the Abu Dhabi lads having the motivation to go out there with nothing to play for, put up a credible innings against the hosts, and keep us in the tournament, at least for now. Makes you wonder why we couldn't, with a lot more to play for.

Zimbabwe blowing up in the last two games, is a bit like France trying to get to the 94 World Cup. It's still going to be a very difficult game tomorrow. But if you offered me that after last Friday, I would have gladly taken it. I want a replay against the Windies on Sunday.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
Sounds good. Haven't been following but last I heard we were effectively out so to hear we have a chance is great.
What are our chances to beat Afghan?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:07pm
Decent. Odds on, in fact. Edit: in fact, Afghanistan are marginal favourites. Didn't think that.

A tie will send us home though, because our NRR will come down. But a no result sees us through.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 22 Mar 2018 at 5:15pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I hope Ireland go through so I'm not being churlish, in case it is suggested, but I find the idea of a 'no result' sending Ireland through to be ridiculously unfair and why I find it difficult to take cricket seriously.

Zimbabwe could have beaten Scotland, UAE and the Windies. They didn't. They can't blame luck if they go out!
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
I've already checked the forecast in Harare tomorrow, and it's good. Smile

I was watching the last few overs earlier today and was sure Zimbabwe were going to knock a few boundaries to do it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I was watching the last few overs earlier today and was sure Zimbabwe were going to knock a few boundaries to do it.

Good as in Rain ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Decent. Odds on, in fact. Edit: in fact, Afghanistan are marginal favourites. Didn't think that.

A tie will send us home though, because our NRR will come down. But a no result sees us through.

Most bookies have Afghanistan around the 4/7 mark.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Good as in Rain ?

Sorry! Good as in 'fine weather'. Little chance of rain.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
Balls

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:22pm
Hon the Arabs

On another note didn't anyone see England bowled out for 58 in their test match today
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:24pm
What time does this get underway tomorrow?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Hon the Arabs

On another note didn't anyone see England bowled out for 58 in their test match today

Yep

Had it on last night when I was in bed. Wasn't paying particular attention to it
Heard the odd roar and was thinking they were maybe 40/3 or something. Broke my bollox laughing when I saw they were 18/6

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:34pm

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Hon the Arabs

Yep

Had it on last night when I was in bed. Wasn't paying particular attention to it
Heard the odd roar and was thinking they were maybe 40/3 or something. Broke my bollox laughing when I saw they were 18/6

kiwi comms were praying for the lowest recorded innings total, think they were saying 26? overton smashed it around to keep them away from that. trent boult is a fantastic bowler when in NZ. definitely bowls his best at home
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I hope Ireland go through so I'm not being churlish, in case it is suggested, but I find the idea of a 'no result' sending Ireland through to be ridiculously unfair and why I find it difficult to take cricket seriously.

Zimbabwe could have beaten Scotland, UAE and the Windies. They didn't. They can't blame luck if they go out!
Of course, but just calling a game off and giving both teams a draw because of the weather is farcical. Just play it the next day.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:05pm
The outcomes are as follows:

No result - Ireland qualify
Ireland win - Ireland qualify
Afghanistan win - Afghanistan qualify
The match ends in a tie
a) - if there are 25.2 overs or more played - Zimbabwe qualify
b) - if there are 25.1 or fewer overs played (i.e. rain interrupted DLS tie) - Ireland qualify

Basically it's a win or a rain off that gets us in. And rain is looking less likely. A tie where the chasing side only have between 20 and 25.1 overs is really incredibly unlikely.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 22 Mar 2018 at 6:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 125>
  Share Topic